Cameron custom shop capabilities?

tour tempotour tempo Members Posts: 23
edited Aug 21, 2006 in Putters #1
What will they do to a circle t putter?
Will the custom shop alter a circle t or tour putter? and to what extent? There is so little pimpability offered on the web sight. I am interested in having my newport 2 "beached" does anyone know if they will do that ? Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals Posts: 9,367 mod
    tour tempo wrote on Aug 21 2006, 03:49 PM:

Will the custom shop alter a circle t or tour putter? and to what extent? There is so little pimpability offered on the web sight. I am interested in having my newport 2 "beached" does anyone know if they will do that ? Thanks

They won't beach it. The only thing they'll do is what's offered on their website...sight line, sight dot, intials and custom shop stamps.
  • ForTourUseOnlyForTourUseOnly 009M SSS WeldNeck Members Posts: 1,044 ✭✭
    Tour putters they wont do anything to other than refinish, i have read on the site that scotty says that it every tour putter was made to how he wanted it or the player wanted it so he wont change it
    Titleist TS3 8.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist TS3 15, 18 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80/90 TX
    Titleist 718T-MB 2i, 716T-MB 4i, Forged 718MB 5i-9i w/ Project X 6.5
    Vokey BV HandGround SM7 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F, 54.10S (55°), 60.08M
    Scotty Cameron Masterful 009M SSS Weld Neck A040584
    WITB LINK New Pics 12/09/2018
  • Xt1ncTXt1ncT Englishman in NZ :) Posts: 334
    tour tempo wrote on Aug 22 2006, 01:49 PM:

You cuold try e-maiing them:

[email protected]
  • powaygolferpowaygolfer class a clubmaker Posts: 243
    send it to tom slighter, he'll do pretty much anything you can think up.
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,553 admin
    edited Aug 22, 2006 #6
    powaygolfer wrote on Aug 22 2006, 09:36 AM:

I don't think I would send a Circle T putter to Tom because it would decrease value. Alteration work done outside the studio.

Call or email is your best bet for the absolute answer. Its weird because you hear different stories. Don't know of its who you talk to, time of day, etc. You can get different answers from them.
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    powaygolfer wrote on Aug 22 2006, 05:36 PM:

Slighter will indeed do what you want, and probably make a pretty good job of it, but the putter's value will be seriously damaged and it will never get a COA thereafter. I think this should be avoided unless there is something you reallllllllly want badly done and you will keep it forever.
  • AsleepAsleep Marshals Posts: 9,056 mod
    edited Aug 22, 2006 #8
    They will not do anything to the putter outside of what is offered on the site except adjust lie to spec and length to spec. They'll paint-fill in most any color.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font]
  • bbslurp413bbslurp413 Members Posts: 441 ✭✭
    What is the Scotty Cameron Dog? And I doubt he puts this on the putter if you want?
  • tour tempotour tempo Members Posts: 23
    edited Aug 22, 2006 #10
    Thanks for all the input. I can always count on golfwrx for answers. I think e-mailing might get me somewhere! I will let you guys know? It sometimes pays to be optomistic.
  • Orientblue3Orientblue3 Members Posts: 361
    tour tempo wrote on Aug 22 2006, 09:01 PM:

Thanks for all the input. I can always count on golfwrx for answers. I think e-mailing might get me somewhere! I will let you guys know? It sometimes pays to be optomistic.

It won't get you anywhere. The people who get different answers have hookups. Like many others have said they only do what they say on the website. Unless you know someone in the studio or one of the distributors personally you will have to settle for those options.