2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Titleist PROTO letter/mailing

Jameson

Anyone else
Anyone else get this e-mail?

boy do I hope they come soon!

-----------------------------------------

Are you having difficulty viewing our HTML email?
View this email in a browser window

Dear #FNAME:

As an ongoing part of our golf ball R&D process, we will be conducting a product test panel to obtain feedback on golf ball performance. This is an exclusive opportunity that we will be offering to a select number of Titleist loyalists who have previously registered with us on Titleist.com.

If you are interested in participating in this exclusive test panel, please visit Titleist.com to join Team Titleist and update your profile to complete and confirm that your contact information including your address is current.

This is extremely important, as we will be sending you a sleeve of Titleist prototype golf balls for on-course testing and evaluation if you are selected to participate. We will also send you a separate message once the Titleist prototype golf balls have been shipped with instructions for the on-course evaluation.

After product testing, you will be asked to provide feedback on these golf balls through a simple online survey. This is a critical part to the process as your feedback is very important to our R&D efforts.

To join Team Titleist, please click on the link below to create your profile.

Join Team Titleist >

*Please note: Your username and password for Team Titleist will be the same as your current Titleist.com profile.

Thank you in advance and we look forward to your participation in this exciting opportunity.

All the best,

Your friends at Team Titleist
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JC

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jameson' timestamp='1282172848' post='2647915']

Dear #FNAME:

As an ongoing part of our golf ball R&D process, we will be conducting a product test panel to obtain feedback on golf ball performance. This is an exclusive opportunity that we will be offering to a select number of Titleist loyalists who have previously registered with us on Titleist.com.

If you are interested in participating in this exclusive test panel, please visit Titleist.com to join Team Titleist and update your profile to complete and confirm that your contact information including your address is current.

This is extremely important, as we will be sending you a sleeve of Titleist prototype golf balls for on-course testing and evaluation if you are selected to participate. We will also send you a separate message once the Titleist prototype golf balls have been shipped with instructions for the on-course evaluation.

After product testing, you will be asked to provide feedback on these golf balls through a simple online survey. This is a critical part to the process as your feedback is very important to our R&D efforts.

Join Team Titleist >

*Please note: Your username and password for Team Titleist will be the same as your current Titleist.com profile.

Thank you in advance and we look forward to your participation in this exciting opportunity.

All the best,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JC
[/quote]

I got it too, but is it definate that were gona get balls? It kinda mentioned if selected in there so im not sure...

I got it last fall / early winter. There's a thread out here somewhere speaking about the "white box" that came to my house (someone else started it -- I just added my 2 cents). It was really interesting. They sent a small box with 4, largely unmarked, balls in it -- 2 had solid triangles and 2 had hollow triangles. They asked me to take them out and try all kinds of shots with both types (driver, long / mid / short irons, 1/2 swings, putts, etc) and then fill out the on-line survey with my thoughts on the performance of each type. I thought it was fun and hope they invite me to do it again because I put a lot of thought into my evaluation of both types of ball and tried to be as detailed in my response to the survey. I'll have to check my home account this evening to see if I got invited back...

Just got my e-mail today that I was selected--guess I got lucky for once--looking forward to doing the testing

---------------------------------------

Great news! You've been selected to participate in our latest golf ball test panel. We have shipped a sleeve of Titleist prototype golf balls to the mailing address you provided in your Team Titleist profile. You should receive the golf balls within the next week and we hope you will have the opportunity to conduct your on-course testing within the following two-week period.

As part of this test panel, we are looking to get your feedback on all shot types so it is best to use these golf balls during a normal round of golf, rather than at a practice facility. Consider your entire game tee-to-green when conducting your on-course testing with the Titleist prototype golf ball and the golf ball you currently play most often.

We also suggest that you conduct your evaluation on a golf course with which you are very familiar. Knowing the golf course helps you assess if you have successfully executed the shot, and makes it is easier to identify your preference when you know what clubs you generally hit into greens, how quickly the ball usually stops, etc.

Since you will likely want to hit one or two extra shots each hole, we encourage you to conduct your evaluation when your golf course has limited play. If that is not an option, we recommend playing 9-holes with the Titleist prototype golf ball and 9-holes with your current golf ball to evaluate and compare preference.

In addition, here are some questions to keep in mind while you are playing:

- How did each golf ball perform around the green (on approach shots from 100 yards, partial swing shots, pitches and chips)? Which golf ball did you prefer?

- Which golf ball spins more on shots into the green? Do you have a preference?

- How did each golf ball perform on full-swing approach shots from 150 yards and out?

- Which golf ball is longer with irons? If one is longer, how many yards?

- Which golf ball is longer off the tee? If one is longer, how many yards?

- How does each golf ball feel? Do you have a preference?

- Based upon the overall performance of the two golf balls, which one do you prefer?

When you finish product testing, please visit the link below to provide your feedback via a short survey. To access this site, you will need to input your Team Titleist username and password.

Our goal is to have all surveys completed within two weeks of the on-course evaluations and we appreciate your effort in helping us reach that goal. We will send you a follow-up email in one week as a reminder to complete the survey.

Link to survey: www.titleist.com/ballpanel1

Everyone at Titleist thanks you for being a valuable contributor to Team Titleist and the Golf Ball R&D testing process. We look forward to your feedback and hope that you enjoy your experience as part of our R&D golf ball player testing panel.

All the best,

Yeah, I got one of these. I'm hoping for the sleeve of balls to contain Pro V2s.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

Ya I got one of those a while back right before the new NXT's came out, pretty much a waste of time. They send 2 of each ball with no markings other than an empty and filled triangle to tell the difference. You are supossed to give feedback on how each performs off the tee irons and short game etc. I was kinda hoping to at least get a sleeve of balls in return but nothing.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Got the same below e-mail yesterday plus another one today apologizing that their e-mail program did not insert my name properly (i.e. #FNAME). Looking forward to trying them out and hoping they are a high end ball.

9/9/10 - Received my test sleeve last week and tested them on Labor Day. The dimple pattern looks more like the ProV-1x than the ProV-1. I did not detect any significant difference with my regular ball; Bridgestone B330-RX; except for the driver. My B330-RX seems a little longer (~ 10 yards) and softer for the driver only. (FYI - MY driver speed is 95 mph.) For all other shots, I couldn't detect any difference. I completed their online feedback evaluation.

[quote name='Jameson' timestamp='1282172848' post='2647915']

Dear #FNAME:

Join Team Titleist >

All the best,

JC
[/quote]

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1282853552' post='2663761']
Ya I got one of those a while back right before the new NXT's came out, pretty much a waste of time. They send 2 of each ball with no markings other than an empty and filled triangle to tell the difference. You are supossed to give feedback on how each performs off the tee irons and short game etc. I was kinda hoping to at least get a sleeve of balls in return but nothing.
[/quote]

I got them sent to me in CHICAGO in FEBRUARY....think there is a problem with that?

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter