2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Golf Pet-Peeves

hokiey2k

Mat562, your avatar looks eerily like Henrik Stenson's face. Who is it?

Not Henrik. Although, scarily, I can see what you mean.... In a certain light. With the wind behind.

Avatar isn't me either. I'm considerably less attractive, less blonde and more male. It's Brittany Lincicome. Very pretty and hits it further than me. I put it up as I fancied giving all the Creamer/Gulbis pics some competition. I was getting bored with the old photo of me and my dog.

Speaking of avatars, that Mickelson/Doral one has to be one of the greatest sports photos of all time...

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is me (and Jake) I'm the one with slightly less hair and smaller ears.

I bet you prefer looking at Miss Lincicome.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

i hate people who have 500 pet peeves and cant break 95 themselves....

i dont like people who are so ashamed of their game that they find a million excuses "pet peeves" to point at when they hit a bad shot....

i dont understand how pants on the golf course can really be a pet peeve... if you dont like them dont wear them. What another guy wears in no way bothers me ... unless its richard simmons in a speedo. I personally would never wear denim on the course but i could care less if every body else had jeans on or not.

Every thing that is destructive or disruptive to the game i dislike... but if it doesnt actually affect you ( talking in your swing, unrepaired divot/pitch marks, non constructive criticism, unwanted advice) then i would hope i am mature enough to not let it bother me

People who have absolutely no grasp of the ettiquite of the game.

You can feel in the hundreds of stupid things that ignorant hackers do during the course of a round.

I've got to agree with this one the most!!!

These things should be known but are not practiced by most!!!

Talking while I'm putting

Talking while I'm hitting

Parking the cart to the right of me

Parking the cart right in front of me

The proper cart position is behind me and to the left (not in in front or to my right, cart shouldn't be visible during my swing)!!!!

Standing to close to me while I'm teeing off

Standing behind me while I'm teeing off and especially too close, far back is fine but I should have room to practice swing behind the ball and then approach it (I shouldn't have to worry about knocking you in the head on a practice swing)!!!!

Stepping in my through line

Stepping in my line at all

Taking two shots on every hole to get to my drive

Taking more than 6 mulligans during a round

Wearing tennis shoes on the course

Wearing jeans and t-shirt on the course

Looking for your ball on every other hole, I don't need you to look for mine so I shouldn't have to help you out almost every frickin hole!!! Once in a while is fine but sometimes it gets ridiculous.

Talking about how great I'm playing or what my score is, This gets me out of my mental focus of one shot at a time and makes me think about my score. Really bugs me.

One more-Telling me good shot when I hit a bad or very average shot. If I hit it 25 feet from 100 yards it isn't a good shot!!!

Am I loco or do others agree??? ;)

ur through line? is that a joke?

If not let me know ill be sure to glide 3 inches above the green next time i play with you.

Unrepaired divot and pitch marks affect EVERYONE.

i dont like people who are so ashamed of their game that they find a million excuses "pet peeves" to point at when they hit a bad shot....

i dont understand how pants on the golf course can really be a pet peeve... if you dont like them dont wear them. What another guy wears in no way bothers me ... unless its richard simmons in a speedo. I personally would never wear denim on the course but i could care less if every body else had jeans on or not.

Every thing that is destructive or disruptive to the game i dislike... but if it doesnt actually affect you ( talking in your swing, unrepaired divot/pitch marks, non constructive criticism, unwanted advice) then i would hope i am mature enough to not let it bother me

People with ball retrievers in their bag......hack!

People that stand over the ball for a minute, then shank it into a pond.

People that play by honor. Golf is slow enough, and you're not helping out with the pace, so hurry up and duff the goddamn thing

People that mark putts under 5 feet

People that leave their clubs on the previous green, hole after hole

People that say nice shot after you hit a bad one

People that say dormy

People that don't pay on bets

People that won't bet

People that bet 25 cents a hole...what the hell is the point?

People that throw their clubs

People that don't fix their divots on the greens

People I see with persimmon woods in the bag...not a good sign before teeing off with a stranger

People that use the brush tee

People with staff bags with their names on them, that are not pros

People with iron covers.....you may not have a full set after playing with me. I had to clean those sons of bitches at one time

Golf etiquette is undertaught and underestimated. I'm not very conservative, but with golf I definitely am.

I agree to all of your points - but I still don't get it why so many in here hate brush tees ;) :)

Why did you have to clean irons covers - they're not yours :drinks: :cheesy:

I use to caddy....Castle Bay made iron covers that were such a pain in the a** to take off and put back on, I made it a rule to throw one cover away on every set I washed. Some of the newer ones look like they'd be less of a pain, but they made an impression on me that would be hard to reverse.

People that say dormy

People that won't bet

People I see with persimmon woods in the bag...not a good sign before teeing off with a stranger

What is your problem with these? So you never mark inside 5 feet?

What's wrong with dormy? Why don't you like people who bet $.25 a hole? Some people just use tha for inspiration, while not wanting to lose a lot if they play bad.

Persimmon woods? I find nothing wrong with them, you are stereotyping there.

And brush tee? What tee would you have us all play? Once he doesn't go spouting like an infomercial about it then leave him alone. Seems to me like you're looking for excuses to play bad

I agree.

Guys who hate other guys because of brush tees and iron covers are guys I would lover to hate and love to beat the crap out of - both ON and OFF the course ;) :) :drinks:

Who said "hate"? Easy there bro...everyone is tough when they're typing... :cheesy:

Lighten up

first off I only have 490 pet peeves and shot 94 this morning. ;)

I see wearing jeans on a golf course, especially a decent one, an insult to the course. I mean if they go to trouble to write on the score card "Proper golf attire required" it would be nice to see people follow their request.

I see it like wearing a flowered shirt to a funeral... sure it doesn't inflict physical pain, but it is a sure sign of lack of class.

-Playing by yourself and finally playing like you think you should and getting stuck behind three kids who dont know what playing through is then having your good round ended by a thunderstorm when you would have got the round in if you had been able to play through. (then doing the right thing and letting the clubhouse guy know they were still out there)

People with ball retrievers in their bag......hack!

People that stand over the ball for a minute, then shank it into a pond.

People that play by honor. Golf is slow enough, and you're not helping out with the pace, so hurry up and duff the goddamn thing

People that leave their clubs on the previous green, hole after hole

People that say nice shot after you hit a bad one

People that say dormy

People that don't pay on bets

People that won't bet

People that throw their clubs

People that don't fix their divots on the greens

People with staff bags with their names on them, that are not pros

People with iron covers.....you may not have a full set after playing with me. I had to clean those sons of bitches at one time

Golf etiquette is undertaught and underestimated. I'm not very conservative, but with golf I definitely am.

1. do you hate all hacks or just the ones that carry ball retrievers...

2. is it okay if they stand over it for a minute and dont shank it into a pond

3. golf is not a game of honor it's a game of speed.... i completely agree.........good one

4. personally i only mark it if it's outside of 25 feet.... those 5 footers are never missed... they shouldnt be lined up or analyzed at all...TAP IN really.... who misses 5 footers????

7. nothing worse than someone saying Dormy.... always seems to bring down hail and brimstone... end of the world if you ask me

9. nothing worse than someone who doesn't want to risk money on a game they havent mastered.... why cant everyone be a sucker???

10. .25cents.... are you kidding it's 500 a hole minimum....who let's these POOR, Hacks in to our world.....

13. yeah like this one time i saw this guy with persimmon and i was like fool what you doing.... get out of here with that 69... would a been a 59 if you had GBURGS driver and fw metals

14. brush is for your hair not your tee... got to use the wooden one to be taken serious....less resistance; go to the gym and build some muscle you weaklings

15. yeah... staff bags with names on it thats a pro thing only....thats not cool; you shouldn't be allowed to spend your money on whatever you want....same thing with people who have Camerons Tour use only putters and dont play on tour.... get real, im not fooled by that circle t and engraved staff bag....you just a hack wannabe.... you aint no gburg

16. iron covers are for sissies.... irons are suppossed to bang together. i dont care if you did spend 1500 bucks on the set, let them beat against each other the way gburg does... or stick with the mini golf .

.....dude, you should seriously consider some therapy....there's a part of you that's unhappy with you and it's manifesting itself here in your post.

i dont use iron covers, brush tees, tour use only anything, bags not engraved.... tell us did you start off shooting 85??? i didnt

I have absolutely no problems with most anything you do...except club throwing and the sort that shows no respect for the game or the course.

to the guy that said he doesnt like it when a single joins a threesome and is never given the honors on the tee box....

simple solution....Win a hole, earn the honors.... you shouldn't want them given to you out of sympathy or compassion.... if its a kid that's one thing but as an adult i want to earn the box.

just my .02

WHAT A GREAT POST !

DITTO TO ALL OF THE ABOVE :blink:

What he said...

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 9* Even Flow Blue 60X
Taylor Made Sim 2 Ti 15* Tensei 80 S
Srixon ZX Utility 3 Diamana Thump X

Srixon ZX5 4-7 Nippon NS Pro 120X

Srixon ZX7 8-A Nippon NS Pro 120X

Mizuno T22 56, 60 KBS C-Taper 120S
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red

right... those are examples of things that actually affect you. I put them in parenthasis so that you would know what i was talking about when i said actually affect you. Castle Bay Iron Covers would be an example of an ignorant pet peeve that doesnt actually affect you.... Sorry to hear that you hated your job so much that it drove you to throw away OTHER peoples stuff...how sorry do you have to be to throw someones stuff away because you dont like it???? that would be like the car mechanic not likeing a body kit on your car pulling it off and throwing it away.... YOU TRULY ARE A PIECE OF WORK....TO OPENLY ADMIT TO BEING AN AS.SHOLE...WOW

I truly hope you get all that is coming to you in life.

right... those are examples of things that actually affect you. I put them in parenthasis so that you would know what i was talking about when i said actually affect you. Castle Bay Iron Covers would be an example of an ignorant pet peeve that doesnt actually affect you.... Sorry to hear that you hated your job so much that it drove you to throw away OTHER peoples stuff...how sorry do you have to be to throw someones stuff away because you dont like it???? that would be like the car mechanic not likeing a body kit on your car pulling it off and throwing it away.... YOU TRULY ARE A PIECE OF WORK....TO OPENLY ADMIT TO BEING AN AS.SHOLE...WOW

I truly hope you get all that is coming to you in life.

:blink:

Maybe I need a restraining order against you...yikes

Keep posting though...I'll come back and check on the thread.

Allright......everyone go to their seperate corners and cool off a little. :blink:

Let's try to be respectful of one another and keep it all in perspective. ;)

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

Wow - how do some of you even get a round in? Surely you'd be so pissed off with all the things that your playing partners are doing that you'd jack it all in.

A few I can't fathom - plumb bobbing - how does that actually affect anyone?

Brush tees? Again, why would it bother someone what I used to tee my ball on??

JL Clothing......some people like to look good - I know I do even though I know I'm not going to shoot under 80 most days

Decent Gear/high handicap - So what. Some of us work hard for our $$$ so surely we can spend it on what we want to spend it on.

Through Line---OMG not even going there.

And as for someone lambasting others for not being as good as them...arrogant *****..!!!

Seriously dudes, I hope you're mostly joking.

Wow - how do some of you even get a round in? Surely you'd be so pissed off with all the things that your playing partners are doing that you'd jack it all in.

JL Clothing......some people like to look good - I know I do even though I know I'm not going to shoot under 80 most days

Decent Gear/high handicap - So what. Some of us work hard for our $$$ so surely we can spend it on what we want to spend it on.

And as for someone lambasting others for not being as good as them...arrogant *****..!!!

You're last comment, that was the idea of the thread, or so I thought....I doubt these pet peeves really get in the way people's game. They're just things that are annoying or things that you can break balls about. Some people are taking the comments in this thread a little too seriously.

You're last comment, that was the idea of the thread, or so I thought....I doubt these pet peeves really get in the way people's game. They're just things that are annoying or things that you can break balls about. Some people are taking the comments in this thread a little too seriously.

I thought mostly it was joking - but you know what they say - some fo the truest things are said in jest..!!! You even kind of contradict yourself - first you're joking, then it's things you find annoying. Personally I don't get how someone else having iron covers or using a brush tee can be annoying.

Maybe I'm the odd one :blink:

I thought mostly it was joking - but you know what they say - some fo the truest things are said in jest..!!! You even kind of contradict yourself - first you're joking, then it's things you find annoying. Personally I don't get how someone else having iron covers or using a brush tee can be annoying.

Maybe I'm the odd one ;)

Christ, this is a tough crowd. Read what I typed after OR. I bolded it for ya.

I'm done causing trouble here. Enjoy :blink:

is a through line like where you can see the person if they are on the other side of the hole?

someone explain through line i dont really get it

It's the line your ball would take if it missed the hole and the line back to the hole that you would have.

If you make your putt, there's no through line.

What drives me nuts? When I show up as a single and there's 2s and 3s all afternoon and the starter won't pair me up. Trust me, I'm not going to hold them up...there's a three group wait on #1 tee.

Don't want to fix your ball marks on the green? Please take up snorkeling.

It's not a "smart/nice/good play" it's a "smart/nice/good shot". Basketball, football, hockey, etc. have plays. In golf, we hit shots.

It's not a "fairway metal". Yes, Johnny "I love myself" Miller...this is for you.

-mini

Some really good ones here. And really silly ones too - I mean come on people, your "through line"??? Gimme a freakin break! If you are seriously worried about your through line, you should be good enough to NOT blow your putt 20 feet past the hole.

Of all the pet peeves listed here, the one that I have to mention again is the guy/group that feel the need to blame me for slow play when it's the group(s) in front of me hitting it all over hell's creation and won't let me play through. This includes hitting into me, not just off the tee but also onto or very close to the green when we are still on it. Also on par 3's, at least give us a chance to clear the area before hitting your tee shot. I hate hearing balls land close by when I am just stepping off the collar...

Hand in hand with this is the guy behind you that stands on the tee/fairway with that arrogant, impatient one-foot-crossed-over-the-other, one-hand-on-the-hip, while-leaning-on-his-club pose trying to intimidate me into playing faster because I want to take a moment to read a breaking 5 footer. Besides, I'm just going to be waiting on the next tee anyways. I friggin hate that.

Some people don't understand what a through line is. It's the area behind the cup on my line up to 5 feet or so depending on the length of my putt. No one is going to make every putt and adding footprints or spike marks where I'll very possibly be hitting my next putt is a no-no. It's basically the same thing as stepping in someones line.

Overall this thread has been great. I've had a bunch of laughs over the people bickering over brush tees and iron covers!!!! :drinks:

Overall this thread has been great. I've had a bunch of laughs over the people bickering over brush tees and iron covers!!!! :drinks:

It's easy to get fired up over I guess......

YOU THINK BRUSH TEES ARE LAME!!!??? I WANT TO KICK YOUR a**!!

If you're looking for ways to limit the spin off of your driver, you've got other problems bud.

If you've got club covers, you probably have a nice set of irons you're not planning on keeping. I really can't blame you as much as I rotate irons.....But I think, and sorry for my political incorrect comment, it is ****. Not **** as in homosexual, just **** as in different. Don't be offended. :ok:

I just can't stop myself from posting after the rage I saw, sorry. ;)

Here are some of my WRX pet-peeves:

- "IMO" and "IMHO"

- After a post, someone writes their user name (example - Thanks, golfercody). We can move our eyes a couple inches to the left if we really want to see your user name.

- "Just my $0.02."

- "Club Hoes", Now correct me if I'm wrong, but do you really want to be classified as a hoe?

My pet peave is cigarette butts thrown all over the golf course. Some inconsiderate people fail to understand that their nasty cigarette butt is litter and should be disposed of like any other litter; IN THE TRASH CAN. They throw it out of their car like it's some kind of bio-degradable item. IT'S TRASH (trash that's killing you), but trash none-the-less.

We spend over $1.2m per year to keep the golf course in good condition only to have some jerks treat it like their personal trash can. Maybe we should ban smoking on the course like some have done....

I can only hope they continue to raise the cigarette tax rate.....$20 per pack sounds about right.