2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

New MIURA CB57

jmcdonald

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ahbot' timestamp='1424182478' post='10970081']
I found the launch to be mid to high. The irons are really solid and very forgiving. I caught a couple towards the toe and I was surprised that I didn't lose than much distance.

Here are a couple of pics from yesterday's round.
[/quote]
That's a sweet looking 8 iron !
Love the the Skull & Crossbones and your Scotty Hula Girl covers .
It all makes a great lookin bag Mate !
Will definitely look forward to more updates .
My 57s are due to arrive at my fitters next Monday or Tuesday week .
I just can't wait to get them and play them !

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
Yamada Shogun

Thanks for the comments. I love the Stitch headcovers. I have some customs Cru Golf headcovers beinget made as we speak. I should have them in 4 weeks.

As for as the irons goes, there's nothing that comes close to these irons. My builder said that the heads were dead perfect on weight. The tolerance on the Miura products are second to none and I can say that my days of hoarding irons are over.

Always Changing!!!

[quote name='ahbot' timestamp='1424209578' post='10973279']
Thanks for the comments. I love the Stitch headcovers. I have some customs Cru Golf headcovers beinget made as we speak. I should have them in 4 weeks.

As for as the irons goes, there's nothing that comes close to these irons. My builder said that the heads were dead perfect on weight. The tolerance on the Miura products are second to none and I can say that my days of hoarding irons are over.
[/quote]
I thought the same when I got my Passing Point Straight Necks !
As they say in the classics though , never say never .
I just couldn't resist the 57s though . Feel , looks at address . The list goes on .
Thanks for the tip on the Stitch covers . Am definitely gonna check em out .
How are the wedges workin out for you ?

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='mikah' timestamp='1424218631' post='10974367']
there is nothing new under the sun.

TM RAC forged by Miura

[url="http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?13671-Taylor-Made-RAC-Irons-Forged-by-Miura"]http://forums.golfre...Forged-by-Miura[/url]
[/quote]

I've hit both & I found differences .
I think the muscle bar is thicker in the CB57 model as opposed from the muscle bar in the TM model .
I also like the sole grind and leading edge shape better on the 57s so it provided better turf interaction then the TM model .
Sure they're only subtle differences but back when the TM model came out I definitely didn't have the game to play them .
Now that I do I'm quite pleased that Miura did release something that I consider to be quite new under the sun as I am really looking forward to gaming them !

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1424223024' post='10974943']

TM RAC forged by Miura

[url="http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?13671-Taylor-Made-RAC-Irons-Forged-by-Miura"]http://forums.golfre...Forged-by-Miura[/url]
[/quote]

I think the muscle bar is thicker in the CB57 model as opposed from the muscle bar in the TM model .
I also like the sole grind and leading edge shape better on the 57s so it provided better turf interaction then the TM model .
Sure they're only subtle differences but back when the TM model came out I definitely didn't have the game to play them .
Now that I do I'm quite pleased that Miura did release something that I consider to be quite new under the sun as I am really looking forward to gaming them !
[/quote]

no doubt they arent identical. Just seemed striking that design is so similiar and about 10 years since Miura forged a limited number of the RAC for TM.

[quote name='craniac76' timestamp='1424254931' post='10976661']
I found this in a pro shop in New York for 3 grand (with NS Pro 950GH shaft). Is it overpriced? I know Miura are sold about $250 a piece.
[/quote]
I think $250 per club sounds more appropriate than 3 k for the set . You should be able to choose the shaft as well , or at least be fitted to one .

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='mikah' timestamp='1424252702' post='10976621']

TM RAC forged by Miura

[/quote]

[/quote]

no doubt they arent identical. Just seemed striking that design is so similiar and about 10 years since Miura forged a limited number of the RAC for TM.
[/quote]
They released a model through Miura Giken that also had a striking resemblance and I may be wrong here but I think if my memory serves me correctly it's the CB 1007 .
I like to think that a company like Miura is always trying to perfect their designs . Slight evolutions to designs doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel but it can be a way of trying to make sure that the wheel operates to its optimum level !
If you get a chance give the 57 a hit . I Loved it when I did .

Yamada Shogun

TM RAC forged by Miura

[/quote]

[/quote]

No doubt that the design is very similar but the CB57s are just an improvement on all the irons Miuras has produced. From the placement of the CG in the cavity back to the sole design. These are Miuras best CBs and probably one of the best CBs I've ever played.

Always Changing!!!

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1424212076' post='10973591']

[/quote]
I just couldn't resist the 57s though . Feel , looks at address . The list goes on .
[/quote]

Wedges are working out pretty solid so far. I had to get over the size of the head but once I got used to it, everything fell into place.

Always Changing!!!

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1424260776' post='10976811']
[quote name='mikah' timestamp='1424252702' post='10976621']

TM RAC forged by Miura

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
They released a model through Miura Giken that also had a striking resemblance and I may be wrong here but I think if my memory serves me correctly it's the CB 1007 .
I like to think that a company like Miura is always trying to perfect their designs . Slight evolutions to designs doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel but it can be a way of trying to make sure that the wheel operates to its optimum level !
If you get a chance give the 57 a hit . I Loved it when I did .
[/quote]

Sounds Miura has improved on the TM RAC.
There are only so many design changes they can make.

Muscle in the middle seems a winner design.

[quote name='ahbot' timestamp='1424268314' post='10977285']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Wedges are working out pretty solid so far. I had to get over the size of the head but once I got used to it, everything fell into place.
[/quote]
Awesome to hear the wedges are working out .
Thanks for the tip on the Stitch headcovers . Checked out their sight and ordered a set of covers yesterday .

Yamada Shogun

In honor of the 14 inches of snow on my back porch.....I dropped the cash on a set of these.

My club builder says the will ship out Monday.

I figure they'll be put in play on spring break....which coincides with Masters week.

I hope this reignites the blades vs cavity back debate on here....my first cavities in a long, long time.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Anyone doing a combo with the baby blades, was thinking 3-5 in these and babies 6-w or are these so workable I should just go with the full set

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

[quote name='bluejeeprubi' timestamp='1424479317' post='10995067']
Anyone doing a combo with the baby blades, was thinking 3-5 in these and babies 6-w or are these so workable I should just go with the full set
[/quote]If you haven't seen them in person, 57 cb or bb, then you need to before considering doing a mixed set. That's a drastic flow from the cb with a leading edge grind on into an iron smaller than any current blade with no leading edge grind. I was gonna do a combo with the 57 cb and mb001, but preferred the natural and consistent flow of the cb 57's as they were.

@therealping

Been a long time since I have visited the site, but I thought I would share this seasons bag in this thread.... New clubs for 2015.

All Miura ...of course

SIT driver - Aerotech Power Coil shaft

SIT 3&5 wood - Aerotech Claymore shafts

HB 3 hybrid - Aerotech Steelfiber shaft

MB 001 - PW,9,8 irons - Aerotech Steelfiber

CB 57 - 7,6,5 irons - Aerotech Steelfiber

PP 9003 SN - 4 iron - Aerotech Steelfiber

Tour Black wedges - 54 (56) 60 - Rifle Spinner

KM 007 Putter

Miura Tour Bag

If you have to ask...you wouldn't get it.........AWESOME!!! :taunt:

9_zpsdmo4sjqt.jpg

7_zpsnojwxqn0.jpg

8_zpsiztwv0rh.jpg

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Yonex Ezone GT 15*  3  wood
Yonex Ezone GT 18*  5 wood
Yonex Ezone GT irons 4-AW
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

[quote name='craniac76' timestamp='1424528380' post='10997503']
Why the shafts are all Aerotech??
[/quote]

Hmmmm....let me ponder that..........Yup, because I like them better than anything else I have tried :swoon:

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

Been a long time since I have visited the site, but I thought I would share this seasons bag in this thread.... New clubs for 2015.

All Miura ...of course

SIT driver - Aerotech Power Coil shaft

SIT 3&5 wood - Aerotech Claymore shafts

HB 3 hybrid - Aerotech Steelfiber shaft

MB 001 - PW,9,8 irons - Aerotech Steelfiber

CB 57 - 7,6,5 irons - Aerotech Steelfiber

PP 9003 SN - 4 iron - Aerotech Steelfiber

Tour Black wedges - 54 (56) 60 - Rifle Spinner

KM 007 Putter

Miura Tour Bag

If you have to ask...you wouldn't get it.........AWESOME!!! :taunt:

9_zpsdmo4sjqt.jpg

7_zpsnojwxqn0.jpg

8_zpsiztwv0rh.jpg

Thats a fantastic set !

I have the Miura Tour Bag as well and love it !

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='FLOGMR' timestamp='1424538496' post='10998251']
[/quote]

Hmmmm....let me ponder that..........Yup, because I like them better than anything else I have tried :swoon:
[/quote]

What weight shafts did you do with in the irons?

[quote name='zip7111' timestamp='1424621455' post='11003553']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i95 "R" in irons...ss75 "S" in hybrid....MX 60 F3 (Tipped 2"-3") in fairway woods.....RH 50 "R" (tipped 2") in driver

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

[quote name='FLOGMR' timestamp='1424622151' post='11003603']
[quote name='zip7111' timestamp='1424621455' post='11003553']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i95 "R" in irons...ss75 "S" in hybrid....MX 60 F3 (Tipped 2"-3") in fairway woods.....RH 50 "R" (tipped 2") in driver
[/quote]

Why did you choose to not put the Aerotech's in the wedges? I recently got a set of irons with the 110's and am considering the same shafts for the wedges. Not sure if its worth it or not?

I NEVER use graphite shafts in wedges or sand wedges.....The Rifle Spinners I am using are from back in the day when Rifle was NOT part of True Temper....I have 2 sets of them (5.5) and have used them in at least 4-5 sets of my various wedges....Love them....happily, they are not the same as the current True Temper DG Spinner shafts. I did try Steelfiber shafts in some Miura wedges for a few days (i95 "S")....did not like the feel.
To each their own!!! :dntknw:

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you contrast the 57s with the cb501?

Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Comp KK 60 g Stiff
Callaway Razr Fit 15* TourSPX vts silver
Mizuno MP hybrid 23* Fubuki S
Miura PP9003sn 5i - PW Aerotech SF80
Mizuno JPX 50* TP4 55* TP4 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport2

[quote name='csrjr' timestamp='1424659361' post='11007897']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you contrast the 57s with the cb501?
[/quote]Almost no comparison. Shorter blade length on the 57 with wider soles and leading edge grind. More heft at impact, maybe slightly higher ball flight (keep in mind ball flight is individual). Lastly better shape and bit more progressive throughout the set in the 57's. Beautiful blend of looks, forgiveness, playability, and feel.

I'm a fan of the 501's, but the 57's have taken the throne to being Miura's best cb design for the North America market.

@therealping