(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)

apple_crumble

Champions of England

Champions of Europe

Champions of the World

Yeah, I think I'm doing OK

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

• 3 weeks later...

Soyuncu's meltdown didn't help, he's done for the rest of the season.

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

After the first kick, he even gave him a little bump in the back for a second.

Even more amazing is that he seemed bewildered at being sent off. Seriously?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Come on uniteds fans, show are misery.... Can't see where we are going, it's just painful to watch every game... Even when we win its awful. Loved Ole as a player and gave me the greatest night of my life, but he's hopeless as a manager... Just want him gone but in truth Woodward and Co won't sack him even by next Monday we're in the bottom 3......let that sink in, United are in serious trouble with Ole in charge. United just seem to sleep walk through each game, especially at old trafford. The no supporters have helped him, because yesterday he would have been lynched with that performance..... Again. 

Rite rant over, but it's going to be a long long long bleak winter in lock down and watching these idiots week in week out 

• Sad 1

On 11/2/2020 at 2:05 AM, scruffynick said:

Come on uniteds fans, show are misery.... Can't see where we are going, it's just painful to watch every game... Even when we win its awful. Loved Ole as a player and gave me the greatest night of my life, but he's hopeless as a manager... Just want him gone but in truth Woodward and Co won't sack him even by next Monday we're in the bottom 3......let that sink in, United are in serious trouble with Ole in charge. United just seem to sleep walk through each game, especially at old trafford. The no supporters have helped him, because yesterday he would have been lynched with that performance..... Again. 

Rite rant over, but it's going to be a long long long bleak winter in lock down and watching these idiots week in week out 

I told you this 18months ago, but like LFC fans in the 90’s you wouldn’t listen

He’s been nicknamed The PE Teacher by his own players FFS

I love listening to Keane. Useless as a manager but absolute gold on SKY. Doesn’t toe the line like Carra and the rest. 

There’s a manager ready to walk in and sort it out. You should go for him. I’m loving watching you lot implode after Fergie, was always going to happen. You lot watched and laughed at our struggles in the 90’s. 

Took us until the new owners and Klopp to put in a system from top to bottom. The cancers nearly had us in administration FFS

Poch basically did his united interview on Monday night footy... Not sure the players call him the pe teacher, we do but the players? I think the sun ran that story. Plus, he's useless as a manager but to call one of uniteds legends a pe teacher is shameful, especially as all the players are a disgrace and couldn't lace his boots as a player........ Lose the Everton he's gone..... Fingers crossed hell be gone with a draw

Considering the team he's managing, the players he inherited, & the money he's spent, Ole must be up there - or should it be down there ? - with the worst PL managers ever. That defending last night was beyond comical. Even Manchester United must have a limit as to the amount of embarrassment they're prepared to endure.

It was great fun while it lasted  :wave

should never have been given the job, never. 

8 hours ago, Texas1 said:

Considering the team he's managing, the players he inherited, & the money he's spent, Ole must be up there - or should it be down there ? - with the worst PL managers ever. That defending last night was beyond comical. Even Manchester United must have a limit as to the amount of embarrassment they're prepared to endure.

It was great fun while it lasted  :wave

should never have been given the job, never. 

Poch has been approached last night, Ole be in charge at Everton then he's gone...... Even then these players need a serious kick up the backside. Last night was the last straw on how bad it was 

20 minutes ago, scruffynick said:

Poch has been approached last night, Ole be in charge at Everton then he's gone...... Even then these players need a serious kick up the backside. Last night was the last straw on how bad it was 

You know we like to have banter mate, I enjoy it, have done with mancs for 50years

i get why you had the banner after you overtook us, all good, no issues and you lot had every right to gloat 

however he’s s*** and you’ve reverted to type in sacking managers. Fergie and Sir Matt were the exceptions. Fergie and Busby had a plan, and had the board to share their vision

i think losing Fergie and your GM f***** you like it did with us.

there’s been no vision since they both left. It happened after dalglish when souness decided to rip up the boot room

its a long way back, next appointment is massive and you have to have him like Klopp. Set out a vision and get rid of all that don’t jump on board. You’re now us of the late 90’s a laughing stock

On 11/5/2020 at 10:49 PM, Texas1 said:

You know we like to have banter mate, I enjoy it, have done with mancs for 50years

i get why you had the banner after you overtook us, all good, no issues and you lot had every right to gloat 

however he’s s*** and you’ve reverted to type in sacking managers. Fergie and Sir Matt were the exceptions. Fergie and Busby had a plan, and had the board to share their vision

i think losing Fergie and your GM f***** you like it did with us.

there’s been no vision since they both left. It happened after dalglish when souness decided to rip up the boot room

its a long way back, next appointment is massive and you have to have him like Klopp. Set out a vision and get rid of all that don’t jump on board. You’re now us of the late 90’s a laughing stock

Yep, amazing how both clubs have done the same thing. Fergie said it wouldn't happen but it did, ageing squad, wrong managers with different playing styles, lack of vision etc

However, I'm in the minority, but I think and still believe this. If united had backed moyes and stuck to the original plan, United would be in a mile better shape. He would have got rid of trouble makers and got in his platers etc, and he would have rocketed some of these gutless idiots. Don't think  we would have won a title but the club would have been stable and up there trying to get to the top..... But after 8 months he was gone and it was like van gaals sacking, in very bad taste..... See what today brings 

Boy that was a big much needed win... Feared the worse going 1 behind, but Ole is a survivor. Didn't relax at all until carvarni scored.....but last season and this season thus far, no pogba United win. Mctominay and Fred shielding, United just look so much better. They aren't fancy but they just do wants needed.... Can enjoy some wine of Motd for once 

• 3 months later...

Wow, in 4 months it's all changed..... Was happy in October for any kind of top 10.... And pool, what on earth?? Long may that continue but it won't sadly. Been a very odd season and no one could have predicted this back in October, even city... They were dross a while back now on the verge on winning it again, oh well..... Looking forward to supporters being back in that's for sure 

It's been an odd season accross the big leagues, I think. Juventus, Barcelona, Madrid and PSG are struggling domestically. Hell, even Bayern is only 2 points clear of Leipzig at the moment.

I think Chelsea under Tuchel is going to be dangerous next season. He seems to have turned them around rapidly.

20 minutes ago, PappyVanWinkle53 said:

Thrilled for my team Leeds United. They won the Championship last season and have found themselves right in the middle of the pack in the Premier League. 

They're entertaining to watch, also.   Not the "park the bus" sometimes especially seen from clubs coming up from the Championship.

It's been a long wait for Leeds, this season must help quite a bit...

• 1 month later...