2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Pigems Mid Summer Swings...Updated 8/2/15

Pigems

Finally got a few decent vids to post without a shaky camera. Ive almost got the OTT thing cured now but its still there a bit, ill probably always fight that though :)

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

Its anyone has any tips or advise im always all ear, thanks for watching :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No advise but your swing reminded me of my past video's I've done with driver. I always thought my backswing was less than parallel but the video told me different :)

Driver: Cobra F7
Irons: Srixon 565's Steelfibers I95
3 Wood: Callaway Octane Tour 15*
Wedges:Wishon HM's SteelFiber i110
Hybrid: Cobra 20* Putter: Ping Craz-E
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

Funny you mention that, I always thought the same thing until I saw video of my swing. Its funny how it can feel like your doing one thing but video proves otherwise.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Looks pretty solid. Just had to know a Canuck would be a southpaw ;) (I played hockey lefty but never could find lefty clubs so I am and have been a righty my whole golf life) ..

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

It's got to be something to do with hockey about all the lefties up here, when I was at the range last filming these there was 6 other lefties out of ten people there. I almost wanted to take a picture lol

Thanks for the input my freind :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

It's not unfamiliar for me. Minnesota has the most lefties (and consequently hockey players) in the entire country.

Looks like you're a bit of a "digger" as well, like me. Another something we hockey players tend to do.

I got on a monitor a few weeks ago with a 5 wood and the first thing the pro said to me was "you're a hockey player aren't you?" and of course yes, I was playing hockey when I was 4 years old. :)

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Lord Helmet, ball flight is normally medium to high and right to left. This year I've been working hard on getting my out tamed a bit, also my out to in path cause me issues sometimes. I've pushed the ball farther away from me at address lately but I think big may be to far away now lol. Its always something eh :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I could have guessed fade bias with high spinny flight - and let me add perhaps of a weak pass at the ball? I mean NO disrespect here - Im only asking since it reminds me of me! I took lessons in April/May and I had the same look. Look at the toe of the club at the top of your swing - its wide open (pointing down to ground) if I am seeing things right. The pro I worked with worked on my grip and keeping the face of the club "looking" at the ball on the backswing - this led to a neutral face at the top. The difference was pretty substantial for me in terms of flight, feel, distance, and contact.

I have video of me pre and post if you want to see it - I am a fellow lefty so you should be able to follow along without having to flip everything around! (Im used to it, but hate it - lol)

Just PM me your email addy and I will get it to you. No worries if you arent interested its no biggie. And again, NO disrespect meant!

Darkspeed LS 10.5 -  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
ZX4 MKii 4i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

more width at top needed IMO, keep your left arm "straighter" ... looks like a little collapse at the top

Face on view?

Cally AIS TD Max 10.5* Ventus Black 5x

Callaway AI Smoke TD 16* Ventus Red 6x

Callaway GBB Hvnwd 19* Ventus Blue 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Cally Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x

Ping i210 6-7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

LAB Mezz Max

[quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1408993690' post='10005137']
I could have guessed fade bias with high spinny flight - and let me add perhaps of a weak pass at the ball? I mean NO disrespect here - Im only asking since it reminds me of me! I took lessons in April/May and I had the same look. Look at the toe of the club at the top of your swing - its wide open (pointing down to ground) if I am seeing things right. The pro I worked with worked on my grip and keeping the face of the club "looking" at the ball on the backswing - this led to a neutral face at the top. The difference was pretty substantial for me in terms of flight, feel, distance, and contact.

I have video of me pre and post if you want to see it - I am a fellow lefty so you should be able to follow along without having to flip everything around! (Im used to it, but hate it - lol)

Just PM me your email addy and I will get it to you. No worries if you arent interested its no biggie. And again, NO disrespect meant!
[/quote]

None taken at all sir, i really appreciate the help and info. I'd love to see some videos for comparison, that would be great ill pm you here shortly with my address. I think you are right about the weak pass at the ball though and I get what you mean, my PW is around 110-115 and my hybrid is around 195-205. But I know I should hit it farther. I lose a lot to bad spin I think.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Cardoustie, you are correct sir, I my front arm does collapse at the top, I have a hard time keeping it straight. This make my swing less steep if I can achieve this right? Help with digging less?

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Have no face on's right now. But planning to get some at my nest range session so I'll post them as well. Thanks a bunch guys I really appreciate all of this :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1409006346' post='10006573']
This eve.. will PM you.

For some reason the ads on WRX today are sssllllooowwiinnggg down my key strokes. Hopefully things will be better in a PM. Just typing this took a full minute.
[/quote]

Sounds good sir, TY, it does that to me too sometimes.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1408993690' post='10005137']
I could have guessed fade bias with high spinny flight - and let me add perhaps of a weak pass at the ball? I mean NO disrespect here - Im only asking since it reminds me of me! I took lessons in April/May and I had the same look. [b]Look at the toe of the club at the top of your swing - its wide open (pointing down to ground) if I am seeing things right. The pro I worked with worked on my grip and keeping the face of the club "looking" at the ball on the backswing - this led to a neutral face at the top. The difference was pretty substantial for me in terms of flight, feel, distance, and contact.[/b]

[/quote]

I was just down in the basement hitting a few into the blanket using this thought and Wow! I must have hit 4 or 5 right in a row dead nuts and the club didn't seems to want to "bite" into the carpet as bad either. Also noticed it made my swing feel smoother somehow. Obviously these are only 3/4 swings with no ballflight to see results but it does "feel" better when I consciously try to keep the face closed during my backswing, or at least that how it feels when I do it right now.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Yeah, that's the feeling I got too. A much more crisp and feel of compression at impact. I worked on small swinging first. I even kept all my weight on my right side thru the whole motion. I had a shaft about 10 or so yards in front of me stuck in the ground. I practice starting the ball to the left of the stick and curving it back to the right.

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

OK Pige,

I think this crazy thing is calming down enough to go for it right here. So good stuff first. You don't fly the hips "at" the ball through impact. There is a an exit of the shaft through your body seen DTL that is nice and your upper body and lower body still have a lot of that forward tilt all the way through the shot. I like that the shoulders do NOT turn with the horizon... you do a great job of turning the shoulders perpendicular to the forward tilt of your spine for the most part. There is strong evidence your grip is pretty good. So the goat is not really your issue... at least not like it is for many....Just lots of good stuff going on.

Here is the quick summary of things I would tackle, followed by the WHY and HOW part.

1. At address there appears to be a little disconnect with the upper arms (triceps) and the chest (outer edges of the pecs).
2. At address the chin is down a little, the shoulders are a touch out over the toes, and the rear end isn't quite back enough for a good counterbalance.
3. Primarily because of the above, the club reaches ground-parallel halfway back with the shaft pointing out to the left of the target. This is probably what when you make swings with the clubface "facing the ball for a longer period of time" there is a better result with your BS plane.
4. The arms run through the backswing motion a little independent of the body turn as you complete the backswing and the lead wrist cups a little at the top (which is what is causing the toe of the club to hang straight down).

Would love to see face on what is happening as the shaft somehow ends up close to the back and the clubhead seems to keep going too far at the top. Not sure why without seeing the FO view... but something there and I suspect a bending lead elbow at the top.

WHY AND HOW TO APPROACH ALL THIS:

So, here is a link with some good stuff that will help with 1-2 above. I would only pay attention to the stuff in this link that specifically addresses the stance posture and vertical alignments of the shoulders, knees, feet, etc. Also anything that would promote a little secondary spine tilt.... which gets the upper body leaned away from target a little at address.... that would be a very good thing for you as well.

Here is the link:

[url="http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/AddressSetup.htm"]http://perfectgolfsw...ddressSetup.htm[/url]

Notice in this link also how the shaft line runs right up through the golfer's belt line, too. Something to consider for yourself.

With all this setup stuff... I would definitely make sure TWO things happen at set up as well. A) Make sure the triceps are out and away the armpits and resting a little more on the outer edges of the "man boobs" or the pecs of your chest. B) If you would take the grip just like you are used to BUT at address turn your elbows so that point more down toward the hip bones.... I can promise you that the club will not pull to the inside and point out to your left halfway back. You will become much more "connected" and will need to let that handle feel like it travels in front of the sternum deeper into the backswing.

Next, I would look in a closet mirror during those basement swings... I would check things DTL and land the club at the top with that geometry we talked about in the PM about flighting the ball down.... specifically a flatter lead wrist and a little bit of cup in the trail wrist with the trail elbow more UNDER the shaft. If I'm right about the lead arm bending at the top... by straightening it a little the swing will be wider in arc and the clubhead will stop disappearing out of sight as seen DTL.

This may feel a little too wide at first. Remember you turn the shoulders well. With this new setup your trail hip will be able to drift back and away from the toe line more going back. If you keep the trail knee inside the trail instep going back... you will make a shallower, longer divot, The ball will only curve if you are swaying or throwing the handle at the ball. A little pause at the top and a touch of hip turn to get things started.,,, and you will feel wider and more rotational with lots of free wheeling 'unhinging' action through the ball. Your address posture will be easier to preserve.

I would start with JUST the address stuff including that A and B part with the upper arms and chest. Half or 3/4 swings getting that feel of the club staying in front the sternum DEEP into the backswing... a little pause... and begin with the hips opening as the club and chest once again travel together in the through swing. Eventually this setup and half-swing business will easily translate into full swings.

Take care and let me know if you think this is working. I wrote a lot... but its four basic things....two of them related to your setup.

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1409015106' post='10007359']
OK Pige,

I think this crazy thing is calming down enough to go for it right here. So good stuff first. You don't fly the hips "at" the ball through impact. There is a an exit of the shaft through your body seen DTL that is nice and your upper body and lower body still have a lot of that forward tilt all the way through the shot. I like that the shoulders do NOT turn with the horizon... you do a great job of turning the shoulders perpendicular to the forward tilt of your spine for the most part. There is strong evidence your grip is pretty good. So the goat is not really your issue... at least not like it is for many....Just lots of good stuff going on.

Here is the quick summary of things I would tackle, followed by the WHY and HOW part.

1. At address there appears to be a little disconnect with the upper arms (triceps) and the chest (outer edges of the pecs).
2. At address the chin is down a little, the shoulders are a touch out over the toes, and the rear end isn't quite back enough for a good counterbalance.
3. Primarily because of the above, the club reaches ground-parallel halfway back with the shaft pointing out to the left of the target. This is probably what when you make swings with the clubface "facing the ball for a longer period of time" there is a better result with your BS plane.
4. The arms run through the backswing motion a little independent of the body turn as you complete the backswing and the lead wrist cups a little at the top (which is what is causing the toe of the club to hang straight down).

Would love to see face on what is happening as the shaft somehow ends up close to the back and the clubhead seems to keep going too far at the top. Not sure why without seeing the FO view... but something there and I suspect a bending lead elbow at the top.

WHY AND HOW TO APPROACH ALL THIS:

So, here is a link with some good stuff that will help with 1-2 above. I would only pay attention to the stuff in this link that specifically addresses the stance posture and vertical alignments of the shoulders, knees, feet, etc. Also anything that would promote a little secondary spine tilt.... which gets the upper body leaned away from target a little at address.... that would be a very good thing for you as well.

Here is the link:

[url="http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/AddressSetup.htm"]http://perfectgolfsw...ddressSetup.htm[/url]

Notice in this link also how the shaft line runs right up through the golfer's belt line, too. Something to consider for yourself.

With all this setup stuff... I would definitely make sure TWO things happen at set up as well. A) Make sure the triceps are out and away the armpits and resting a little more on the outer edges of the "man boobs" or the pecs of your chest. B) If you would take the grip just like you are used to BUT at address turn your elbows so that point more down toward the hip bones.... I can promise you that the club will not pull to the inside and point out to your left halfway back. You will become much more "connected" and will need to let that handle feel like it travels in front of the sternum deeper into the backswing.

Next, I would look in a closet mirror during those basement swings... I would check things DTL and land the club at the top with that geometry we talked about in the PM about flighting the ball down.... specifically a flatter lead wrist and a little bit of cup in the trail wrist with the trail elbow more UNDER the shaft. If I'm right about the lead arm bending at the top... by straightening it a little the swing will be wider in arc and the clubhead will stop disappearing out of sight as seen DTL.

This may feel a little too wide at first. Remember you turn the shoulders well. With this new setup your trail hip will be able to drift back and away from the toe line more going back. If you keep the trail knee inside the trail instep going back... you will make a shallower, longer divot, The ball will only curve if you are swaying or throwing the handle at the ball. A little pause at the top and a touch of hip turn to get things started.,,, and you will feel wider and more rotational with lots of free wheeling 'unhinging' action through the ball. Your address posture will be easier to preserve.

I would start with JUST the address stuff including that A and B part with the upper arms and chest. Half or 3/4 swings getting that feel of the club staying in front the sternum DEEP into the backswing... a little pause... and begin with the hips opening as the club and chest once again travel together in the through swing. Eventually this setup and half-swing business will easily translate into full swings.

Take care and let me know if you think this is working. I wrote a lot... but its four basic things....two of them related to your setup.
[/quote]

TYVM sir, I'm going to re read this a few more times before I try to make an comments or ask questions. But TYVM for taking the time to help a fellow out :)

I've got a new camera holder coming soon so ill be able to get better videos from better angles. I'm so excited to have some new proper stuff to work on instead of me just messing with my swing on the range with guess work lol.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1409019544' post='10007969']

[/quote]

TYVM sir, I'm going to re read this a few more times before I try to make an comments or ask questions. But TYVM for taking the time to help a fellow out :)

I've got a new camera holder coming soon so ill be able to get better videos from better angles. I'm so excited to have some new proper stuff to work on instead of me just messing with my swing on the range with guess work lol.
[/quote]

You bet. Don't curse me too much at first. A good setup always helps folks.... but it feels like pure crap at first. LOL.

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1409021400' post='10008201']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1409019544' post='10007969']
[/quote]

[/quote]

You bet. Don't curse me too much at first. A good setup always helps folks.... but it feels like pure crap at first. LOL.
[/quote]

That reminds me of when I switched from my old Baseball grip to the interlock at the beginning of last season. It felt soooooooo weird at first but now I couldn't go back. I've tried on the range and few times just for kicks and now the baseball grip feels weird.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Here's a couple shots, one from tonight's range session while trying to use my new found knowledge, and one from my last session.

I've got some new videos from tonight uploading now and I'll post them when their done.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

This is my first range session with the new info.

[url="http://youtu.be/bag1L3HOtoo"]http://youtu.be/bag1L3HOtoo[/url]

[url="http://youtu.be/xfvyIEddkUw"]http://youtu.be/xfvyIEddkUw[/url]

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Check that back hip, I 'think' I see a tiny sway. I'm on my phone so maybe I am seeing things!

Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Very good Pige. Very good.

So the closet mirror feedbacks you are now looking for are: The bold ones are the biggies for now.

Face on...

[b]1) Lead arm straightens a little at the top which will land the hands a touch farther from the head.[/b]
[b]2) The trail knee is setup with a little inward flex so that it always does its work over the trail instep... never rolling over the trail foot.[/b]
3) Lead hip bumped a couple of inches at setup over the lead foot while the head/chest stay right about where you have it.

DTL:

1) Frankly much better now... just a touch more bend at the waist to get the sternum pointed down along the toe line...with a fraction of added rear counterbalance behind the heels at address.
2) Chin in a little fraction -- like a boxer.
3) Let the trail hip drift BACK from the toe line in the backswing -- this leaves plenty of room for your arm flow through the strike.

Note: Later (after a week or two), lets talk transition... there will come a time when your trail foot stays a little more planted until you are closer to impact... for now, its not a big deal.... just a sneak peek.

Pige... this may have felt forced and like crap today. It is looking better my friend. Things inside your swing are stabilizing. It will come to you as rhythmical and fluid and flowing as anything in this world.

[quote name='Lord Helmet' timestamp='1409098436' post='10014447']
How was the feeling at impact? Flight? Etc....
[/quote]

With just trying to keep the club face more closed during my backswing alone, I was seeing a straighter, slightly lower ball flight. When i was able to put all the main points together all in the same swing(keep face more closed during backswing, keep butt out more for balance, not let my front arms buckle at the top where the things I worked on today) I saw some of the longest and straighter shots I've ever hit and out of 75ish ball in the bucket, only 2 hosel rockets lol. You guys are awesome!! thanks so much!!

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1409099163' post='10014529']
Very good Pige. Very good.

So the closet mirror feedbacks you are now looking for are: The bold ones are the biggies for now.

Face on...

[b]1) Lead arm straightens a little at the top which will land the hands a touch farther from the head.[/b]
[b]2) The trail knee is setup with a little inward flex so that it always does its work over the trail instep... never rolling over the trail foot.[/b]
3) Lead hip bumped a couple of inches at setup over the lead foot while the head/chest stay right about where you have it.

DTL:

1) Frankly much better now... just a touch more bend at the waist to get the sternum pointed down along the toe line...with a fraction of added rear counterbalance behind the heels at address.
2) Chin in a little fraction -- like a boxer.
3) Let the trail hip drift BACK from the toe line in the backswing -- this leaves plenty of room for your arm flow through the strike.

Note: Later (after a week or two), lets talk transition... there will come a time when your trail foot stays a little more planted until you are closer to impact... for now, its not a big deal.... just a sneak peek.

Pige... this may have felt forced and like crap today. It is looking better my friend. Things inside your swing are stabilizing. It will come to you as rhythmical and fluid and flowing as anything in this world.
[/quote]

It did feel a little forced at first today, and a few times I forgot to do a few of the things lol. But I plan to continue working them into my swing until it becomes natural. This is one of the reasons I love golf, because when you do it right or wrong you get instantaneous results from the ball. My swing definitely felt better though by the end of my session, and the green range matt marks on the bottom of my clubs was much more evenly distributed today, before on the longer clubs it would be all on the leading edge only. Thanks a million Reasonability, your one awesome dude!!

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2