Diamana shafts

bballbryan32

looking for some info
Can anybody help me out and tell me what the differences are between the whiteboard, blueboard, and redboard. I have looked at the read all the specs online but how will they play different on the course. I am looking to reshaft my driver, and one of these may be a great option. Im looking for something that is going to give me a little lower launch angle than what i have now. Which one would fit best for me... My swing speed is 105-110. Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The differences involve primarily launch angle and spin. The Redboard has the softest tip and gives the highest launch and spin, the Blueboard gives a lower launch and reduced spin, and the Whiteboard offers a differend bend profile than the blue, leading to less spin, and (here is where it is complicated) a slightly lower launch ange, per mitsubishi rayon. However, as explained to me by MR, with certain individuals, the white can also show a higher launch angle than the blue. If you are trying to lower launch and spin, you should go for the white or blue, and if possible demo them to see which is right for you. If you need to increase launch angle and spin, then the redboard is the shaft for you.

FHal11, thanks for the help.. that clears thing up a lot for me. My launch angle is a little high and spin numbers are up there too right now with the set up i have. To me is sounds like the redboard is definately not an option. Unfortunately I do not have the opportunity to test these shafts.. so between the blueboard and the whiteboard do you think that the whiteboard would sound like the smarter way to go?? Thanks again, Bryan

Just thought i would add a little more info bout my swing incase it would help any... I feel that i have a smoother swing but i am pretty aggressive from the top of my backswing. Drpino.. are you saying that either a blueboard 83 would work... or a whiteboard 73?? What are the weight differences between the two going to do to the spin and launch characteristics?

i just recently switched the blueboard 83 in my sq tour for a whiteboard 83. i liked the blueboard 83 (and still use it in a sq and a ignite 460) but the spin was a problem with the sq tour head. the whiteboard has the same feel - maybe a tad firmer - but has brought the spin down quite a bit so i don't have problems with the wind anymore. the launch angles is a tad lower than the blueboard, but not dramatic.

i would disagree with the analogy of tiger (hard hitter) = blueboard and vj (smooth swinger) = whiteboard. each shaft works for different people and different club heads. i would say my swing is more hard hitter than smooth swinger and i needed the whiteboard for my sq tour.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

the lighter blueboards (53, 63) have relatively high spin compared to their heavier counterparts (73 and up) in my experience which is why i would recommend the 83 for your SS. the 14g of additional weight over the 73 (which is actually 69g raw) would most likely decrease launch a bit. even the 73 blind-bored at 2.5" in my 905R has a med-high launch.

my Tiger/VJ examples were based on my opinion of what constitutes a hitter versus a swinger (with the driver). Tiger has a very aggressive move at the ball which fits the stiff butt/softer mid/stiffer tip profile of the blueboard and VJs transition is much smoother (IMHO) which better fits the soft butt/stiff mid/stiff tip of the white. just my opinion, that's all.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

I think you are right that you would be blue or white, if you want to demo the shafts (or clubs with them) I would call mitsubish (or check their web site) and see if there are any dealers near you. I found a dealer near me that had clubs available w/ diamana's to demo, but unfortunately not in the setup I needed. . .but nonetheless, there were demos available, and they knew how to fit individuals. If that doesn't work out, diamanas (alone, or with clubs) come up on the BST often, and hold their value well, so you can buy, demo, and sell for a very small loss (if any at all). Hope this helps. . .

Can anybody help me out and tell me what the differences are between the whiteboard, blueboard, and redboard. I have looked at the read all the specs online but how will they play different on the course. I am looking to reshaft my driver, and one of these may be a great option. Im looking for something that is going to give me a little lower launch angle than what i have now. Which one would fit best for me... My swing speed is 105-110. Thanks

depends what head your going to reshaft also. As the one poster said, he's getting mid high launch out of a 905 R, well thats a very high launch head. So there are some other factors that go into it.

If your referring to the R7 425 in your signature, you are entering trickyworld with that one. Very shallow bore, high BBGM, so the shaft will need to be tipped and also, what weights do you have in it or can you put in it... Just giving more things to think about.

If I were you, I'd probably go with the 73 white board, little stiffer tip section which will help you in that head.

Well I'm looking into the same.

I have J33R 10.5 and currently have axiv shaft in SX stiffness and with adding weights plays more like stiff and trajectory is higher than where I need to be. So what I'm trying to do is low spin rate w/ high launch angle, thus the choice of J33R at 10.5.

Either 73g Whiteboard or 71g/81g Blueboard.