MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Golf Talk Thursday : What part of your game most needs immediate attention to improve your scores?

GIR, GIR, GIR. I have had rounds hitting 8-11 fairways and only hit the green twice from those lies. In one of those rounds, I hit more greens from the rough (3), than I did from the fairway (2). Distance to the green was completely irrelevant. So executing the iron shots is the biggest item on my list. Last time I went out, hit a 4i from 200 out, hit the green, but somehow spun the ball back about 6'. How did I do that?

My guess, flicking the club and getting lucky will not work over long term.

Fabb I am injury free this year so far and the driver distance has come back to some extend. Playing SPCC @ 6600 or 6900 I score the same. I will never hit it long but still long enough to play the tips at most places if I have too. I wish I was young in that respect but distance will always be a challenge.

FWIW, you are a much better iron player than I could ever hope to be. When we played, I got the sense that you lose mental focus from time to time. I think you have an expectation versus focus on execution, and that leads to poor shot results.

So PAY-ton, Abby Wambach ???, and Kobe BIG MOANER Bryant won ESPY Icon awards. Sad state of affairs.

ESPN app has been deleted from all personal devices.

That'll show 'em.

Are you saying that you discovered LAST NIGHT that ESPN is a huge knob polisher for Kobe and Manning, and this made you mad enough to delete ESPN from all your devices?

Wambach should have got up there and said, "I'm not really comfortable being around these two."

No, but the whole placating thing on every issue (social or political) has really made last night the straw that broke my back. I really haven't watched ESPN for a while, unless there was a world cup match I wanted to see. Even then, I mute their commentary because it is the worst and play the Spanish simulcast on my iPad/tablet/phone.

And agreed on Wambach. If she had said your response, that would have been the coup that gets her elected President over both the clowns we have running now.

One of my work mates asked me to sub in league yesterday. I didn't do it, so he got another guy.

The guy shot 77, with two 11's.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Snapped the driver shaft at the range. Can't even remove the remaining piece with adapter from the head.

[media=]

[/media]

Heat then a drill bit that is a bit smaller than the hosel bore. It will pop right out. If you don't have anyone that will do it for you, you can get it to me in some way and I'll do it for ya.

Thanks boss -- you're a generous soul.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do right at this moment. It was the bio cell + that Eagle sold me. Are there special lemon laws for Eagle purchases? (I kid). The shaft was a Fujikura Pro 63 that seemed to work pretty well. If anyone has recommendations on similar shafts, I'm open to suggestions.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do right at this moment. It was the bio cell + that Eagle sold me. Are there special lemon laws for Eagle purchases? (I kid). The shaft was a Fujikura Pro 63 that seemed to work pretty well. If anyone has recommendations on similar shafts, I'm open to suggestions.

i can sell you the ust elements chrome SPX i have at superfriend pricing if you'd like... already has a cobra tip. in my experience, you'll get tighter dispersion than the fuji. won't feel nearly as smooth as the fuji tho.

hit me up on PM if interested.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

So PAY-ton, Abby Wambach ???, and Kobe BIG MOANER Bryant won ESPY Icon awards. Sad state of affairs.

That'll show 'em.

Are you saying that you discovered LAST NIGHT that ESPN is a huge knob polisher for Kobe and Manning, and this made you mad enough to delete ESPN from all your devices?

And it also seems implied that you're upset that PAYton has a large salary, and that Kobe is a "big moaner" when they've both actually been accused of sexual assault.

Wambach should have got up there and said, "I'm not really comfortable being around these two I need a drink."

FTFY

Snapped the driver shaft at the range. Can't even remove the remaining piece with adapter from the head.

[media=]

[/media]

Heat then a drill bit that is a bit smaller than the hosel bore. It will pop right out. If you don't have anyone that will do it for you, you can get it to me in some way and I'll do it for ya.

JBang - I have a few extra drivers in the apartment if you need to borrow something for the immediate future. Fly-Z+ with Aldila Tour Blue (I think X). Also have a 913D3 with the D+ Stiff.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

feature group of stenson, z. johnson and adam scott just teed off. streaming on golfchannel's alternate view. the two announcers are fantastic as well (can't place them, but recognize the voices).

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Habaneros. Natures laxative. You think I'm kidding?

That'll show 'em.

And it also seems implied that you're upset that PAYton has a large salary, and that Kobe is a "big moaner" when they've both actually been accused of sexual assault.

Wambach should have got up there and said, "I'm not really comfortable being around these two I need a drink."

FTFY

The only way to truly enjoy sports :

Turn it on when games start. Turn it off when games end. And just to be extra sure, keep it on mute.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I don't know. I kind of like it when athletes seem like real, if slightly ridiculous, people. Randy Moss is my favorite NFL player of all time.

Agreed. Randy Moss is the Kanye of football. I like Kanye too.

It helps to not care about them at all, just be entertained. Picture yourself as Julius Cesar and Randy Moss and Kanye and [any white athlete so people don't think I'm racist] performing solely for your entertainment.

Then when they're done just retire to your chamber and resume the sexual intercourse while being fed grapes and fanned with palm tree branches.

I don't know. I kind of like it when athletes seem like real, if slightly ridiculous, people. Randy Moss is my favorite NFL player of all time.

Yes. If I was one of the best entertainers in the world, making tens of millions of dollars, I'd be a crazy egotistical pr1ck as well. Respek' the athletes that keep it one hunded.

Got up at 4 to watch Spieth miss putts. Bubba looked good looked is the key word

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

OH, I know. It's same with rock stars and actors and politicians.

it's just basically impossible to reconcile things like the "Icon Award" with people of dubious character.

I mean, I'm not going to get all "church lady" on people for bad decisions/deviant personality traits. But, I'm not bringing them up on stage to label them as "Icons" to help each other's bottom line. The sports/media industrial complex can be such an orgiastic circle of people who would otherwise be the dregs of humanity.

I, too, generally only like the miniscule selection of athletes who actually fight it, or at least gleefully wallow in it.

Yes, as domes alluded to, we're basically in the Roman Colosseum and these are our gladiators. They were just more honest about their attendants ("posse") and concubines ("victims of alleged sexual assualt").

FWIW, I really enjoyed the Bill Simmons intro to "Any Given Wednesday" yesterday on Serena Williams. Find it if you get a chance.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Off topic - CCMVP recommendations:

YG - Still Brazy - Absolutely love this album. Sounds like a west coast rap album from the mid 90's.

Green Room - Horror/thriller that was a ton of fun. Must watch at home, at night,lights out and surround sound turned up.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

JBang - I have a few extra drivers in the apartment if you need to borrow something for the immediate future. Fly-Z+ with Aldila Tour Blue (I think X). Also have a 913D3 with the D+ Stiff.

PM sent. Eagle, thanks for the offer. I'm going to try out Hoop's Fly Z and see how it plays. Maybe it's time for an upgrade...

You probably don't want Hoops Fly-Z+. It's a pretty boring color

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

Green Room - Horror/thriller that was a ton of fun. Must watch at home, at night,lights out and surround sound turned up.

Hmmmmm. A24 movie. Not aware of it, but I WILL see this.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

PM sent. Eagle, thanks for the offer. I'm going to try out Hoop's Fly Z and see how it plays. Maybe it's time for an upgrade...

As someone who wears orange on a regular basis, this disappoints me.

Exciting colors crack

Exciting colors crack

Dunno. The Bio Cell + was white and black with a black shaft. I'm thinking orange shaft with a purple and gold (Cuse/UW) would be ideal. I mean, I think City should be putting with the putter he had painted.

Golf Talk Thursday : What part of your game most needs immediate attention to improve your scores?

I've got to hit more greens. But missing greens for me is mostly a result of poor driving. When I drive the ball well, everything is easier.

Also I've just about given up on my 3 wood. Either I need an easier to hit 3, or maybe I dump it for a 4 wood or a 2 hybrid. I do love my hybrids.

short game is craptacular right now. red rag challenge exposed it. continued on with poor play on the weekend at glenn dale. i need to get back to putting in work with the flatstick and with the wedges.

here is your opportunity to tell me where you think I need to improve.

you need to work on your mackin game. starter at HG was too easy. if you could pull the cartgirl that i like to call "aging brunette barbi" at timbers, now that would be impressive.

17e9mq.jpg

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Hey guys, I'm just a lurker but just wanted to ask if you guys could help me. I'm hoping to play in the US Mid Am qualifier at Hobbit's Glen in MD. Is there anyone who has access to this course or know of a way to play it? I would really appreciate it if you could help and will compensate you for your time if I could tag along as guest. Thank you!

A couple of us on here are members there. One or more of us could probably get out with you sometime, but I'm also sure that they'll let you out for a practice round unaccompanied if you're playing a qualifier there. It's not super private or anything. More so just restricted access.

Thanks a lot guys. I actually contacted both Golfnow/Hobbit's Glen where I was informed that it wasn't available to the public, and qualifier participants are only allowed one day before the round.

I messaged City about next Thursday, it would be great to meet you guys!

That'll show 'em.

Wambach should have got up there and said, "I'm not really comfortable being around these two."

Abby wambach got a DUI this year.

I hate the phrase sexual assault. Raping a women (what Kobe was accused of) vs. placing your nuts for a few seconds (what Peyton was accused of) are not the same offense. They are different enough that having one phrase to cover both is not great.