Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429488599' post='11394249']
^^The waggle test ^^

Have you been on this site too long?
[/quote]

Nearly 6 years longer than you... so yeah. Besides, it wasn't a Duffner's Waggle, more of a flick of the wrists that would make Wispy FAbb cry to see a club's weight transfer.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429488599' post='11394249']
^^The waggle test ^^

Have you been on this site too long?
[/quote]

Nearly 6 years longer than you... so yeah. Besides, it wasn't a Duffner's Waggle, more of a flick of the wrists that would make Wispy FAbb cry to see a club's weight transfer.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1429485021' post='11393919']
Played a rather unremarkable 18 today, one bad hole on the back derailed the day but I managed to finish with 3 pars, so maybe I'm looking my mental meltdowns in the rearview. Hit one bad drive that resulted in the bad hole but otherwise, nothing too good/bad. Played with an awesome Sunday morning group though so that part of the day was a success.

Aimpoint Express class this afternoon was absolutely fantastic though, definitely worth the 90 minutes. I can see how just getting used to feeling the break with different parts of your feet - just that part - could really help on the 6-20 foot putts. Considering the longer putts tend to be where I'm the worst, it was worth the time. The instructor was really great too (Erika Larkin) and I know she does these clinics all over the area as well as lessons out at VA Oaks. If you're interested at all and she has a class nearby, I would highly recommend it. I would even think about going out there for lessons.

And of course Fabb is playing the long con, I've been saying that for months!!
[/quote]

I took Aimpoint Express lessons with Erika Larkin too. She is expensive, but a very good instructor.

Ping G425 Max w/Accra FX-250 M3 shaft
Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver 14 degree
Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood
Titlist VG3 Type-D 5-PW irons w/Nippon Zelos 7 shafts
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 48, 54, 58 (all 2 dot)
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 putter

[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1429485021' post='11393919']
Played a rather unremarkable 18 today, one bad hole on the back derailed the day but I managed to finish with 3 pars, so maybe I'm looking my mental meltdowns in the rearview. Hit one bad drive that resulted in the bad hole but otherwise, nothing too good/bad. Played with an awesome Sunday morning group though so that part of the day was a success.

Aimpoint Express class this afternoon was absolutely fantastic though, definitely worth the 90 minutes. I can see how just getting used to feeling the break with different parts of your feet - just that part - could really help on the 6-20 foot putts. Considering the longer putts tend to be where I'm the worst, it was worth the time. The instructor was really great too (Erika Larkin) and I know she does these clinics all over the area as well as lessons out at VA Oaks. If you're interested at all and she has a class nearby, I would highly recommend it. I would even think about going out there for lessons.

And of course Fabb is playing the long con, I've been saying that for months!!
[/quote]

I took Aimpoint Express lessons with Erika Larkin too. She is expensive, but a very good instructor.

Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1429486518' post='11394043']
[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1429484157' post='11393825']
[quote name='AFSFK' timestamp='1429445348' post='11390829']
Is that John Nesbitt around 60 years old?
[/quote]

Or a late 30s, early 40s shortish black guy? Played with him a few times back in 2013 on the tour I play on and he was maybe the biggest cheater I've ever played with. He was reported for probably 6-8 different incidents of cheating over a season or two, including an real inability to count strokes (caught several times) as well as his favorite move - the "finding" of a ball deep in the woods, where everyone would stop looking and leave and then by magic he would "find" a ball in a perfect lie right where we had all looked. Happened so many times the tour president finally had to relent and play with him at an event, and like a donk, he did it more than once during that round. Not only was he kicked off our tour but our president got hooked up with the guy who ran another tour he played on - Golfweek tour or something like that - and he was bounced from that tour too.
[/quote]

Based on the description, thats him. Stix played with him so only he can say on the cheating part.
[/quote]
Could be him. I can tell you he never "lost" a ball today, and was in some very "interesting" places to find a ball. I never confirmed any cheating but we were playing cart path only and a couple of times we were on opposite sides of the hole. Again, I would never say cheating as I didn't catch anything but he did always have a shot to the green when his ball was in the junk -- which happened about 6 times today. I did win the event so this is not sour grapes or anything but I will admit that many "good" breaks in one round makes you wonder. I wish I had known this before and I would have paid a lot closer attention. I did count all his shots and he never tried to say anything less than I had counted.

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1429486518' post='11394043']
[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1429484157' post='11393825']
[quote name='AFSFK' timestamp='1429445348' post='11390829']
Is that John Nesbitt around 60 years old?
[/quote]

Or a late 30s, early 40s shortish black guy? Played with him a few times back in 2013 on the tour I play on and he was maybe the biggest cheater I've ever played with. He was reported for probably 6-8 different incidents of cheating over a season or two, including an real inability to count strokes (caught several times) as well as his favorite move - the "finding" of a ball deep in the woods, where everyone would stop looking and leave and then by magic he would "find" a ball in a perfect lie right where we had all looked. Happened so many times the tour president finally had to relent and play with him at an event, and like a donk, he did it more than once during that round. Not only was he kicked off our tour but our president got hooked up with the guy who ran another tour he played on - Golfweek tour or something like that - and he was bounced from that tour too.
[/quote]

Based on the description, thats him. Stix played with him so only he can say on the cheating part.
[/quote]
Could be him. I can tell you he never "lost" a ball today, and was in some very "interesting" places to find a ball. I never confirmed any cheating but we were playing cart path only and a couple of times we were on opposite sides of the hole. Again, I would never say cheating as I didn't catch anything but he did always have a shot to the green when his ball was in the junk -- which happened about 6 times today. I did win the event so this is not sour grapes or anything but I will admit that many "good" breaks in one round makes you wonder. I wish I had known this before and I would have paid a lot closer attention. I did count all his shots and he never tried to say anything less than I had counted.

Played at the DC Golf Tour event today out at Lansdowne (RTJ2 course). Since I have no friends, Eagle matched me up with himself while he also played the individual event. And we paired up with City and Pquarta. Overall, lots of fun on the course. Greens were slow, but by the back 9 I adjusted and my putting was pretty solid. Hit a few real good shots and a fair amount of stinkers. My game is a little off still. Weird that I feel more comfortable and hit better shots with a fairway wood off the deck than with driver off the tee. Need to get back to take a lesson. I hit enough good shots during a round that it's really irritating that I hit so many really bad shots too. My delta between bad and good is as high as anyone I see.

I'm really not much a tournament player. Just can't get amped up about amateur competitive golf. I get thrilled or pissed off about my own play, but outside influences don't affect me much either way. I'm of the skill level where there are lots of people better and lots of people worse, so I just can't get too worked up about beating people or getting beaten.

I really liked the course layout with the exception of the 18th hole. It just feels like RTJ2 just couldn't figure out a good way to get the course back up to the clubhouse. But otherwise I liked it. Good mix of of holes. It didn't feel like there were any 2 shot risk/reward par 5s, but I think that's because the shorter par 5s were playing in to the wind and became 3 shot holes. So I'd go back if/when I can. The conditions today though, were terrible. Tee to green I didn't mind it. Fairways were a little rough, but I can buy that the grass is still dormant. The greens though, were terrible. They weren't as slow as East Potomac, but slower and bumpier than any place I've played in the area besides that. The 18th was littered with dead worms that had flooded up the other night and not been removed. So they obviously haven't cut the greens too recently. Disappointing. I played Northwest and Pine Ridge the last two weeks, and both are county owned munis that were in far better shape than Lansdowne. That just shouldn't happen.

The City/Pquarta bromance is even more intense in real life. They even got matching IPAs and club sandwiches after the match (though they at least didn't split a sandwich). I felt like I was interrupting their moment by being there.

Played at the DC Golf Tour event today out at Lansdowne (RTJ2 course). Since I have no friends, Eagle matched me up with himself while he also played the individual event. And we paired up with City and Pquarta. Overall, lots of fun on the course. Greens were slow, but by the back 9 I adjusted and my putting was pretty solid. Hit a few real good shots and a fair amount of stinkers. My game is a little off still. Weird that I feel more comfortable and hit better shots with a fairway wood off the deck than with driver off the tee. Need to get back to take a lesson. I hit enough good shots during a round that it's really irritating that I hit so many really bad shots too. My delta between bad and good is as high as anyone I see.

I'm really not much a tournament player. Just can't get amped up about amateur competitive golf. I get thrilled or pissed off about my own play, but outside influences don't affect me much either way. I'm of the skill level where there are lots of people better and lots of people worse, so I just can't get too worked up about beating people or getting beaten.

I really liked the course layout with the exception of the 18th hole. It just feels like RTJ2 just couldn't figure out a good way to get the course back up to the clubhouse. But otherwise I liked it. Good mix of of holes. It didn't feel like there were any 2 shot risk/reward par 5s, but I think that's because the shorter par 5s were playing in to the wind and became 3 shot holes. So I'd go back if/when I can. The conditions today though, were terrible. Tee to green I didn't mind it. Fairways were a little rough, but I can buy that the grass is still dormant. The greens though, were terrible. They weren't as slow as East Potomac, but slower and bumpier than any place I've played in the area besides that. The 18th was littered with dead worms that had flooded up the other night and not been removed. So they obviously haven't cut the greens too recently. Disappointing. I played Northwest and Pine Ridge the last two weeks, and both are county owned munis that were in far better shape than Lansdowne. That just shouldn't happen.

The City/Pquarta bromance is even more intense in real life. They even got matching IPAs and club sandwiches after the match (though they at least didn't split a sandwich). I felt like I was interrupting their moment by being there.

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1429493863' post='11394879']

The City/Pquarta bromance is even more intense in real life. They even got matching IPAs and club sandwiches after the match (though they at least didn't split a sandwich). I felt like I was interrupting their moment by being there.[/quote]

So how did Wrx teams do in the tourney?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
protos F4

The City/Pquarta bromance is even more intense in real life. They even got matching IPAs and club sandwiches after the match (though they at least didn't split a sandwich). I felt like I was interrupting their moment by being there.[/quote]

So how did Wrx teams do in the tourney?

protos F4

PQ/CG won a $53 skin for a bird on a long par 3. Three way tie for first at 72. PQ/CG were four off that pace.

Sully and I were well back of that, and didn't even make the prize payouts in the non-championship flight. :(

Both I and the course were, ummm, not good. At all.

Drank all the weller, now back on to Bud Light Limes. They're the beer I deserve right now and match the foul taste I have I in my mouth after today's BS.

I felt sick to my stomach after seeing what the course conditions were. Really felt bad for the guys. The course may have been the same for everyone, but it so adversely affected play, it was just brutal.

Not taking it lying down, so we'll see what happens. I'll know more tomorrow.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

PQ/CG won a $53 skin for a bird on a long par 3. Three way tie for first at 72. PQ/CG were four off that pace.

Sully and I were well back of that, and didn't even make the prize payouts in the non-championship flight. :(

Drank all the weller, now back on to Bud Light Limes. They're the beer I deserve right now and match the foul taste I have I in my mouth after today's BS.

I felt sick to my stomach after seeing what the course conditions were. Really felt bad for the guys. The course may have been the same for everyone, but it so adversely affected play, it was just brutal.

Not taking it lying down, so we'll see what happens. I'll know more tomorrow.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[/quote]

Yeah. I was out there for an outing Friday for the first time and was surprised at how wet the course was. I assume they recently aerated, which would explain the bumpy greens.

I should add from my earlier post, Bull Run was in great condition, except for the tee boxes. They are terrible. Maybe dormant grass but it's the only dormant grass on the course. They are finally redoing their bunkers (long overdue). Hopefully the tee boxes are next. They have been terrible for a decade, maybe since the course first opened.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

[/quote]

Yeah. I was out there for an outing Friday for the first time and was surprised at how wet the course was. I assume they recently aerated, which would explain the bumpy greens.

I should add from my earlier post, Bull Run was in great condition, except for the tee boxes. They are terrible. Maybe dormant grass but it's the only dormant grass on the course. They are finally redoing their bunkers (long overdue). Hopefully the tee boxes are next. They have been terrible for a decade, maybe since the course first opened.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429498413' post='11395365']PQ/CG won a $53 skin for a bird on a long par 3. Three way tie for first at 72. PQ/CG were four off that pace.

Not taking it lying down, so we'll see what happens. I'll know more tomorrow.[/quote]

Thanks for the breakdown. Sorry it didn't go as well as you thought?!

Get them angry Eagle!

Golfer827/Terp: did yall play your practice round at the mash?

protos F4

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429498413' post='11395365']PQ/CG won a $53 skin for a bird on a long par 3. Three way tie for first at 72. PQ/CG were four off that pace.

Not taking it lying down, so we'll see what happens. I'll know more tomorrow.[/quote]

Get them angry Eagle!

protos F4

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429531614' post='11396531']

[b]Get them angry Eagle![/b]

[/quote]

I like Angry Eagle. He ends up crushing drives. For example, on Northwest, hole #9, after having a little "discussion" with a dumb@ss marshal about catching up with the group in front of us. He drove the green.

#hulkmode

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429531614' post='11396531']

[/quote]

I like Angry Eagle. He ends up crushing drives. For example, on Northwest, hole #9, after having a little "discussion" with a dumb@ss marshal about catching up with the group in front of us. He drove the green.

#hulkmode

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

[quote name='Boogaloo_Jones' timestamp='1429533781' post='11396661'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429531614' post='11396531']

[/quote]

#hulkmode[/quote]
I hope yall caught up ;)

protos F4

[quote name='Boogaloo_Jones' timestamp='1429533781' post='11396661'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429531614' post='11396531']

[/quote]

#hulkmode[/quote]
I hope yall caught up ;)

protos F4

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429533978' post='11396681']

[/quote]

#hulkmode[/quote]
I hope yall caught up ;)
[/quote]

We just bullied our way through all groups...told them "f*ck yo couch".

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429533978' post='11396681']

[/quote]

#hulkmode[/quote]
I hope yall caught up ;)
[/quote]

We just bullied our way through all groups...told them "f*ck yo couch".

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Not a strong outing from PQ and me. I played it from the whites which weren't even 6000 yards. Had a rating of 69 or something. If I'm playing well, I'm shooting 76 on my own ball and that's what we came in at as a team.

Greens were VERY slow. As slow as anything I've putted on in a long time and it's so tough (for me) to adjust. Left at least 3 birdie putts DFC short. Left a 15 footer 3 feet short. Left a 30 footer on the back 12 feet short. Like ridiculous stuff. Then, if I put another ball down when the hole was over and said, "I'll get it to the hole", I'd smash it 6 feet past. Could not get the speed. Nice grabbing a little cash in the skins, though. It was PQ's birdie. I birdied one on the back, so I'll tell myself that I cancelled one out and made the pool bigger. But it was an easy birdie hole.

Conditions weren't great, which is generally all right with me, but not so much when I'm playing $110 for a round. When Clifton park's greens are rolling better than a resort course (with ant hills and worms), there's just something annoying about that.

And, their club sandwich only has 2 pieces of bread. And, they pile all the fillings in the middle of the sandwich. I I dorito-sized triangles of left-over bread on all corners of the sandwich.

Saturday had a club tourney. Started out with a 9 on hole one and I don't really need to go into it much deeper than that. I was as much over par after 1 hole as I was for the entire previous round I played there. 7 pars on the back, so I eventually got it back together.

The good news is that I won CTP on the $100 raffle hole. I was in the second group and the first group put one pretty close. I had nothing else to play for, and the pin was right on a perfect number for my 7 iron. Took dead F'ing aim and put it in there about 8 feet.

So, somehow after playing like crap all weekend, I still walked away with $126.50 in prize money.

And two chode sleeves.

IOW. BOOM.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Not a strong outing from PQ and me. I played it from the whites which weren't even 6000 yards. Had a rating of 69 or something. If I'm playing well, I'm shooting 76 on my own ball and that's what we came in at as a team.

Greens were VERY slow. As slow as anything I've putted on in a long time and it's so tough (for me) to adjust. Left at least 3 birdie putts DFC short. Left a 15 footer 3 feet short. Left a 30 footer on the back 12 feet short. Like ridiculous stuff. Then, if I put another ball down when the hole was over and said, "I'll get it to the hole", I'd smash it 6 feet past. Could not get the speed. Nice grabbing a little cash in the skins, though. It was PQ's birdie. I birdied one on the back, so I'll tell myself that I cancelled one out and made the pool bigger. But it was an easy birdie hole.

Conditions weren't great, which is generally all right with me, but not so much when I'm playing $110 for a round. When Clifton park's greens are rolling better than a resort course (with ant hills and worms), there's just something annoying about that.

And, their club sandwich only has 2 pieces of bread. And, they pile all the fillings in the middle of the sandwich. I I dorito-sized triangles of left-over bread on all corners of the sandwich.

Saturday had a club tourney. Started out with a 9 on hole one and I don't really need to go into it much deeper than that. I was as much over par after 1 hole as I was for the entire previous round I played there. 7 pars on the back, so I eventually got it back together.

The good news is that I won CTP on the $100 raffle hole. I was in the second group and the first group put one pretty close. I had nothing else to play for, and the pin was right on a perfect number for my 7 iron. Took dead F'ing aim and put it in there about 8 feet.

So, somehow after playing like crap all weekend, I still walked away with $126.50 in prize money.

And two chode sleeves.

IOW. BOOM.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Anyone taken any golf lessons from Chad Haynes? I think he mostly teaches out of Woodbridge.

[i]www.[b]golf[/b]instructor.info/[/i]

Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood

Anyone taken any golf lessons from Chad Haynes? I think he mostly teaches out of Woodbridge.

[i]www.[b]golf[/b]instructor.info/[/i]

Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood

[quote name='Boogaloo_Jones' timestamp='1429534097' post='11396695'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429533978' post='11396681']

[/quote]

#hulkmode[/quote]
I hope yall caught up ;)
[/quote]

We just bullied our way through all groups...told them "f*ck yo couch".[/quote]

Straight up gangsta... I can only imagine red bandanas hanging out of y'all's back pockets

protos F4

[quote name='Boogaloo_Jones' timestamp='1429534097' post='11396695'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429533978' post='11396681']

[/quote]

#hulkmode[/quote]
I hope yall caught up ;)
[/quote]

We just bullied our way through all groups...told them "f*ck yo couch".[/quote]

Straight up gangsta... I can only imagine red bandanas hanging out of y'all's back pockets

protos F4

Man, that sucks guys. I'd be livid if I'd driven 2 hours to meet greens like that. Bad form on their part- even as early as May 1 last year, I remember the Norman course even being in decent shape (minus the poorly draining floodplain areas).

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX