2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Invermere BC

mikedejong

Has anybody played any of the courses in Invermere BC yet this year? We are heading out for the May 1 weekend, just wondering if there are any reports on course conditions, etc.? We would like to play Eagle Ranch, Grey Wolf, Springs at Radium, Copper Point to name a few. I know Grey Wolf is just getting close to opening but the others should be open by now I believe. Thanks for any help you may have. Mike.

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
Scotty Cameron GOLO

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played opening weekend in 2013. We were the 2nd group off @ Springs. Greens were soft, like putting on a mattress and had lots of elk damage.

You should be ok May 1, but the greens might be a bit on the soft side that early in the year.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

Have you played in Invermere before?

You can also look at the Fairmont courses if you wanted to save some money. I prefer Riverside to Mountainside, but both are solid courses.

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Have you played in Invermere before?

You can also look at the Fairmont courses if you wanted to save some money. I prefer Riverside to Mountainside, but both are solid courses.

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

I'm not 100% sure but I thought the Springs at Radium was delaying their opening this year (though it should be open easily by the time you get there). I do know that the course is being refreshed now that the Shaw family re-acquired it. Bunkers have been reshaped. Some tee boxes have been added and reworked. 18 fairway has been completely resodded. More a cosmetic update than anything trying to restore the previous beauty like when the Shaw's owned it originally. :)

I'm not 100% sure but I thought the Springs at Radium was delaying their opening this year (though it should be open easily by the time you get there). I do know that the course is being refreshed now that the Shaw family re-acquired it. Bunkers have been reshaped. Some tee boxes have been added and reworked. 18 fairway has been completely resodded. More a cosmetic update than anything trying to restore the previous beauty like when the Shaw's owned it originally. :)

Yes I have been there a few times. I love Eagle Ranch, I think its the best out there. To me Grey Wolf and Copper Point would be the next level down. Most love Grey Wolf, but I would take Eagle Ranch any day. I have never played the Fairmont courses, but that is an option too. We will likely do 36 one day, so maybe Eagle Ranch then Copper Point since they are close. It is a nice area, just kind of wondering what to expect this early in the year condition wise. We usually do a Kamloops Tobiano trip during this time, but the guys don't want to make that drive this year. That is an amazing course!

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Scotty Cameron GOLO

Yes I have been there a few times. I love Eagle Ranch, I think its the best out there. To me Grey Wolf and Copper Point would be the next level down. Most love Grey Wolf, but I would take Eagle Ranch any day. I have never played the Fairmont courses, but that is an option too. We will likely do 36 one day, so maybe Eagle Ranch then Copper Point since they are close. It is a nice area, just kind of wondering what to expect this early in the year condition wise. We usually do a Kamloops Tobiano trip during this time, but the guys don't want to make that drive this year. That is an amazing course!

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Scotty Cameron GOLO

• 1 month later...

So we ended up playing the following: Gleneagles in Cochrane Thursday on the way down, then Greywolf on Friday, and then Eagle Ranch Saturday morning and Copper Point Saturday afternoon. It was a great trip. Gleneagles was only fair I would say, definitely not in mid season form. But I like that course, and we had a good day. It was opening day at Greywolf when we played. We were one of three groups out there, and they let us play in a fivesome, which was cool of them. Its an awesome course, but honestly I prefer Eagle Ranch. That is still my favorite in the area. Its not as dramatic as Greywolf, but I just think it is a better course all around. Copper Point: I had only ever played it once. It is much tougher than I remember it being, especially that back 9. There are some long holes out there. I like it, but would for sure rank it below Eagle Ranch and Greywolf. Overall, a good trip. The weather was a little cool and it was a bit windy when we were there, but what an awesome place to go for a quick weekend road trip.

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Scotty Cameron GOLO

• 3 weeks later...

The courses in Invermere are in the best shape I've seen in years. I ended up playing 36 on Friday at Mountainside and Copper Point, then 18 on Monday.

Mountainside's greens are immaculate!! They are super smooth, maybe a touch on the slow for my taste and there was hardly a blemish to be found on any of them. All of the repair work after the flood/landslide in 2012 is complete and is growing in nicely.

Copper Point is in equally good shape. Greens super fast and smooth. People really need to fix their ball marks on that course. I played late in the afternoon so maybe they accumulated through the day. Mike Davis must have been in the house because some of the pins were evil. Wish I could figure out how to play 18... made a bad double that cost me a good round on the back.

Even Windemere Valley was in good shape. Some of the fairways were dry as they have limited irrigation. Greens were pretty fair, still had some winter damage from wildlife, but were growing in nicely.

Get out to the Columbia Valley if you have the chance. Looks like they have been blessed with great weather.

Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

• 5 weeks later...

I will be heading to the Radium area in the middle of August. We will be playing the Springs Course one day and then head to Invermere for the day after, which is the best of Eagle Ranch, Grey Wolf and Copper Point?

Driver - Titleist TSR3
Hybrid - Ping G430  
Irons - Titleist T 150 - MMT 125
Wedges - SM9 50,54,60
Putter - Scotty NP2

Personally I like Eagle Ranch the best, but most would probably agree with above and pick Greywolf. To me the ups and downs get to be a bit much at Greywolf, but it is spectacular no doubt. The first 3 or 4 holes go straight up the mountain, the next 3 or 4 go straight down. The back 9 is pretty awesome though. You cant go wrong with either of those. Copper Point is definitely a step down from both.

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Scotty Cameron GOLO

[quote name='mikedejong' timestamp='1437659897' post='12005464']Personally I like Eagle Ranch the best, but most would probably agree with above and pick Greywolf. To me the ups and downs get to be a bit much at Greywolf, but it is spectacular no doubt. The first 3 or 4 holes go straight up the mountain, the next 3 or 4 go straight down. The back 9 is pretty awesome though. You cant go wrong with either of those. Copper Point is definitely a step down from both.[/quote]

+1 for Eagle Ranch. I don't think I've played a course with better conditions in the valley.

Grey Wolf is great too, you can't go wrong with either.

I'm a junior golfer and a full time resident in the valley, I play about 3-4 times a week at all the different courses around town. Here are some of my recommendations for courses to play well you're up. I would highly recommend you play Riverside, as the course is in great shape and it offers great views of the surrounding mountains. Par 71 - Riverside

Copper Point - Course is in incredible shape for this time of year, greens are in incredible shape and course offers a challenge from whatever your handicap is and whatever tees you play from. Par 70
Greywolf - Course in good shape, great Mountain golf experience and fun to play with beautiful views. Par 72
Eagle Ranch - Most challenging course in the valley. Very difficult greens and you really need to play "target golf" Par 72

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='drake47' timestamp='1440089816' post='12176942']I played Grey Wolf last weekend, the course is in great shape but the greens were bumpy, but they should be fully recovered from the aeration by now.[/quote]

Played Copper, Grey Wolf, Eagle Ranch on Wed-Fri last week. Copper was in the really good shape, Eagle had punched over a week ago but were almost recovered and were definitely the quickest of the 3 courses, but best overall condition was Grey Wolf. Then headed to Kimberley and played Bootleg and Trickle and surprisingly Bootleg was in the best shape of the 5...

• 6 months later...

Has anybody heard anything about opening dates for this year for Invermere? I know Greywolf is always pretty late, being up on the mountain. But any word on the others down in the valley? I know Tobiano in Kamloops is opening right away... Just looking to plan for a spring trip. Thanks, Mike.

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Scotty Cameron GOLO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Anybody know when courses in Invermere typically close for the year? I found online Greywolf closes October 2. That one is obviously pretty high up on the mountain, what about the courses down in the valley? Does anybody know how long they stay open? We are maybe thinking about going October 7, 8 and 9 just wondering if any courses will still be open. Thanks,

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Scotty Cameron GOLO