Ebay Fiasco over seas

cashtoclose

Bid on a Diamana and look what happened??????
I don't make alot of on line purchases when I do it's usually here and there's never been a problem. I'm wondering if I have one now with an Ebay aution I "won" today.

I was interested in a whiteboard, supposedly Japan version Ion plated, authentic etc. The ad looked real enough, but there was some negative feedback. I put a bid in at $170 and was automatically out-bid several times up to $180 where I lost interest and let it go. The auction was ending soon and I lost track of it for other reasons.

A few hours passed and I get email saying the seller has terminated the earlier transaction, now I'm high bidder and I've won the Diamana for $170 plus shipping from Hong Kong. So I post a few questions to the seller wanting some reassurance this is legit, ask about shipping and tracking, and ask for a response before I wire the money...pretty normal I thought.

An hour later Ebay emails me saying the seller and I "mutually" agreed to terminate the transaction...I never agreed to anything, never heard from the seller, until I get an email from seller saying if I don't trust him I shouldn't do business, he doesn't want any trouble, and wants to cancel...I say no if this is legit he has nothing to worry about and neither do I...I notify Ebay I did not agree to terminate...and so theres a dispute open.

What's up...anyone ever go through this before? I've either got a seller who's paranoid about some product related issue, or is the seller trying to get out of this order because the bid didn't go higher?

Any advice greatly appreciated---I havent heard back from Hong Kong nor Ebay and no I havnt wired any money either. thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my gut tells me to just pull out and let it go...for sure, but its weird because I was not the original high bidder, someone else went through something that triggered the seller to "mutually agreed to terminate the transaction" . So the seller terminated to buyers within an hour for the same item...

Part of me suspects seller's pissed they didnt fetch a higher price...$170-$180 for Japanese ION version is pretty low.

no these messages were official from ebay, it said that if i agree to terminate the transaction the cancellation does not go on the sellers feedback rating.

to be clear, seller didnt end the autction early, the auction expired, and then seller notified Ebay saying it was mutually agreed to cancel the deal. I got the follow up from Ebay asking me if I did in fact agree to terminate the sale...

hong kong= no deal period. nothing but fakes.

Same comment as the other guy. HK used to have the title counterfeit capital maybe 20 years ago. They have made a great effort to clean that up. When you cross over to the mainland, then you might have an issue.

Kudos to the HK gov't for cleaning up the fake image.

I have been to HK 4xs in the past 7 years.

For what it's worth, through a little research I've found the eBay seller 'egolf_6869' to be suspect in sales of what they claim to be 'authentic' Mitsubishi Diamana's.

Items for Sale by 'egolf_6869':

Potential red flags:

1) Item location (Hong Kong)

2) Private Bidders LIst

3) Very low 'Buy It Now' prices

4) Suspect feedback: Toolhaus.org

This seller is one I would avoid. If there are other sellers you believe to be suspect please post so we all can buy safer. :rolleyes:

I posted the above in another thread a few days ago and figured I would post here for the benefit of the community...... http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry565686

I can't say enough about doing your homework on items you potentially want to bid on, on eBay (particularly high priced ones).

I always say (to myself most of the time) that if you try to take a short cut it could end up costing you more in the end. I learned my lessons the hard way long ago and now live by this mantra, especially when it comes to ho'in.

FWIW, since I've started hearing about the possibilities of fake Diamana's on ebay I probably wouldn't go near any auctions if I wanted to buy one. I would also go so far as to be wary of clubs that have Diamana's already installed at this point!! Ludicrous , I know, but what else can we do to protect ourselves.

Buy from an authorized dealer so you don't get hosed. It's the only way to guarentee that you get what you're paying for.

It always helps to know your source!

messenges are sent to me through ebays server, not to my work email address, i just get notified when ebay emails me

my gut tells me to just pull out and let it go...for sure, but its weird because I was not the original high bidder, someone else went through something that triggered the seller to "mutually agreed to terminate the transaction" . So the seller terminated to buyers within an hour for the same item...

Part of me suspects seller's pissed they didnt fetch a higher price...$170-$180 for Japanese ION version is pretty low.

I wouldn't touch it - just walk away. There are other overseas dealers that sell Diamana's in that price range.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ2...Q3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

I have nothing to do with this seller but I bought a Tourstage putter from him and it arrived in NH from Japan in 5 days. One of the nicest ebay transactions I have had.

Hong Kong might have stopped the production of fakes but it's too easy to take the train to Shenzhen (just over the border) where fakes are EVERYWHERE. I was back there last Saturday in a stop-over and it's the same as it's every been - lots of Callaway and Taylormade stuff that's all counterfeit. There are many good golf shops in HK (especially the big one at the bottom of Nathan road that has loads of really nice Mizuno stuff) but these ebay sellers don't get their stuff from there.

So when a seller is located in HK selling golf equipment cheap I default to thinking that it's fake. It's not offensive, it's just smart.

Thats the seller....same guy, very interesting thanks for posting. (e-golf)...since last night's post I received an email from ebay from the seller. He answered my questions, provided the serial number for the whiteboard, and apologized for any misunderstanding. said he didn't want to have to pay for shipping if i was going to be unhappy and wind up retuning the shaft...he offers a 7 day no questions reutrn policy, pictures of the shaft in tube were included.

I guess I can call Diamana somehow and verify the serial number...yes?

thanks for the post...to be clear, the post you reference is from a different seller...the seller I am dealing with is (e-golf) based out of Hong Kong....thanks

Just a follow up to bring closure to this issue...seller e_golf6889 from Hong Kong replied to my product questions with the following serial number for Diamana Whiteboard mx-054-ws-1 mh591-28.

I called Diamana HQ and talked to a very nice rep who said Hong Kong is filled with counterfeiting problems that are spreading into all OEM's especially Callayway and high end Japan shaft co's like Diamana,Fuji etc...

The Diamana spokesman said they will no longer guarantee or back products purchased on-line overseas from non authorized Diamana Dealers. Regarding the serial number given to me from Ebay seller---THIS ##### DOES NOT MATCH ANY DIAMANA SKU CODE.

Diamana rep said sku codes starting with mx-054 are not valid...AVOID.

thanks for all the input, gladly I did not send any money.

Just a follow up to bring closure to this issue...seller e_golf6889 from Hong Kong replied to my product questions with the following serial number for Diamana Whiteboard mx-054-ws-1 mh591-28.

I called Diamana HQ and talked to a very nice rep who said Hong Kong is filled with counterfeiting problems that are spreading into all OEM's especially Callayway and high end Japan shaft co's like Diamana,Fuji etc...

The Diamana spokesman said they will no longer guarantee or back products purchased on-line overseas from non authorized Diamana Dealers. Regarding the serial number given to me from Ebay seller---THIS ##### DOES NOT MATCH ANY DIAMANA SKU CODE.

Diamana rep said sku codes starting with mx-054 are not valid...AVOID.

thanks for all the input, gladly I did not send any money.

Just to be clear, the seller you are referencing is 'egolf_6869' right??...and not 'e_golf6889' as you have it above.

I just double checked my Ebay mailbox message folder...interesting, there seems to be two similar addresses, and I've gotten messages from both.

The item listed in auction folder is listed by: egolf_6869

Several of the email responses regarding the same item/item number (diamana whiteboard) have come from: ibuz6869

So he's using two email addresses or theres more than one guy and they are operating from similar emailing addresses: egolf_6869 AND ibuz6869

theres another new post re: ibuz6869

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I lived and worked in Shekou, China (just a ferry ride from HK) for about 6 months a few years ago, lived and worked in Indonesia for 3 years and have spent alot of time in Singapore and Korea. Believe me, I know from experience - be very careful about buying anything of value that seems to be a really good deal from an individual you don't know. This is not a "new" thing - 20 years ago, I used to work in a building in Singapore and a barker for a shop on the ground floor would try to sell me a fake Rolex every time I walked in or out of the place . . . he knew, I knew that it was junk but for some reason he never gave up on me, what a hoot. But he didn't care because some people don't care if it is fake - they just want others to think it is real. He was just trying to get me in a weak moment.

In Asia counterfeiting is very big business - in everything. You name it - CD's, Software, Jewelry, Apparel and yes - golf equipment. Don't walk, RUN, away from doing one on one transactions, with people in Asia you don't know, that seem like real "deals". I know it is not politically correct but it is the truth - and I don't care what anyone on here has to say about it.

• 2 months later...
I lived and worked in Shekou, China (just a ferry ride from HK) for about 6 months a few years ago, lived and worked in Indonesia for 3 years and have spent alot of time in Singapore and Korea. Believe me, I know from experience - be very careful about buying anything of value that seems to be a really good deal from an individual you don't know. This is not a "new" thing - 20 years ago, I used to work in a building in Singapore and a barker for a shop on the ground floor would try to sell me a fake Rolex every time I walked in or out of the place . . . he knew, I knew that it was junk but for some reason he never gave up on me, what a hoot. But he didn't care because some people don't care if it is fake - they just want others to think it is real. He was just trying to get me in a weak moment.

In Asia counterfeiting is very big business - in everything. You name it - CD's, Software, Jewelry, Apparel and yes - golf equipment. Don't walk, RUN, away from doing one on one transactions, with people in Asia you don't know, that seem like real "deals". I know it is not politically correct but it is the truth - and I don't care what anyone on here has to say about it.

Finally!!! The voice of REASON!!! I've nothing but FAKES from CHINA!!!

This definitely sounds like a case of shill bidding to see what the maximum bid was, and then they cancelled the last bid and made you the winner. Obviously your high bid wasn't suitable for them, and by entering the "mutually agreed to cancel" status, the seller can reclaim his final value fees.

Tack me on to the list of members who don't trust any items from overseas. Seeing as though that is where the majority of these components are made, it's way too easy for any of these places to make a few runs of unauthorized products and pass them off as legit.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS w/Tensei Orange // Callaway Epic Flash 3W w/GD Tour AD IZ-7 // Adams Idea Pro a12 w/UST VTS //

Callaway X Forged 2018 5-PW w/PX Catalyst 100 // Callaway JAWS MD5 50* 54* 58* & Full Toe 64* w/PX Catalyst 80 // Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"