2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2016-2017 NFL Thread

highergr0und

What's with the low scoring bloodbath in Tampa? That is the AFC South no?

Jameis just got speared with a flagrant one.....no penalty call. That kid is maybe the toughest QB in the entire league.

What a lambasting at Lambeau.....who new Godgers was THAT pissed? Seattle D? Sure are hot and cold.

Com TIger I asked you twice before kickoff is your Falcon's was a strong lock right? You did not have a chance to get back to me.

42-7 at the start of the 4th quarter. lol Where is the stingy Rams D?

Jets with a sturdy comeback! C'mon win one for Bowles.

Haha. Called it!

You sure nailed the outcome of your Dirty Birds . Without the trash late Rams TD you hit an exactamundo ! NICE

42 with no Julio If he had played the Falcons might have hit 60 points

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now who plays tomorrow night ? Ready CrabDaddy? Will Tucker's golden leg be a factor?

Giants win the division? Big deal as that horrid Offense is taking them absolutely nowhere in the playoffs.

Remember last week at Ketchup Field... it was not that long ago.

Odell can't do it all.

I know we have about 6 regulars that frequent this thread. Of those six, 2 of us are fans of NFC Teams, and the remaining

4 have AFC favorite teams. Where I am going with this is that of the four guys who pull for their AFC teams none of them are

the Steelers. One member's team is a strong rival to the Terrible Towels too. So the Steelers are not well liked around here.

I mentioned before week 13 that with Ben,Brown, and Bell and their offensive firepower, the AFC better be ready for

them in the playoffs. Then Le'Veon goes out the following week and sets the Steelers single game rushing record.

Look out AFC guys..

Could the Chiefs defense stifle the Pittsburgh offense ?

Bronco's stop them?

I know the Raider's D couldn't.

Thoughts?

The stats for Le'Veon Bell's performance in snowy Buffalo.

38 carries for 236 yards -- a franchise record

5 catches for 78 yards

That deserves a congrats whether you like the Steelers or not.

In fairness to Crab, back on Nov.6th in Baltimore, the Raven's held him to 32 yards!

Brutal hit on Sproles! Hate to see a cheap shot like that.

The Eagles' long snapper gets hurt. TE Brent Celek is their backup, and he gets hurt. They are "auditioning" a LB on the sidelines! Why is the regular center or his backup not used for long snapping in this situation? If you practice snapping shotgun, seems like you're a lot closer to long snapping than a TE or LB. They wound up using 3rd string TE Burton to snap on the FG.

I do not think it was an intentional cheap shot. All the ESPN commentators said it was just poor timing that he arrived

a second early. He was like any other killer on special teams that tries to time that smash exactly. And it is not of any

coincidence that he plays for my team. I have always been a fan of Sproles and he is electric to watch..f*** San Diego for cutting him

too. As a return man you have to think about when to call a fair catch, which in that case it what Sproles should have done.

The blatant cheap play was by Harry Douglas on the Bronco yesterday. That deserves a suspension, but it was legal so how do

you punish that crap? Check out that hit if you have not seen it.

Well, Mike Tomlin is the youngest Stiller coach to 100 wins, getting it done in his 10th season, 100-57.

He also is one of three Stiller coaches to reach 100 wins, joining Chaz and The Jaw...

Oh yea, the Burgh is the only NFL franchise with three coaches with 100+ wins

Say what you will about the Pittsburgh Stillers, though one thing that doesn't need said is that over the past 45 years, they've had only three HC's and they've done one thing baby :)

Win.....

Fairways & Greens 4ever

RP,

As a Ravens fan, I begrudgingly respect the Steelers. They have certainly had their fair share of top quality athletes over the years. The lowlifes, like James Harrison, seem to be more the exception than the rule. Tomlin is lucky he reached that milestone this weekend. It could have been delayed a few weeks had he been suspended for this bush league manuever:

[media=]

[/media]

Of course, the $100K fine was not chump change!

A couple memorable Ravens-Steelers moments (first not a favorite!):

I thought Ryan Clark killed Willis McGahee

[media=]

[/media]

Yeah I agree Crab,

He is no HOF coach, and his job has been on the line plenty during his tenure. It is also a FACT that the

Steelers hold on to their coaches about three times as long than the average NFL Franchise. They will

keep on keeping on with no change at the head coach position when almost every other team would have

gone with someone new. That is kind of a luck thing they have with only three coaches. You will not see that

long term hanging on by any other team. You can argue that by doing so eventually some super talents do fall

into your organization by chance and then the coach looks real good.

Crab I immediately thought of that bush league crap he pulled on the sidelines that you posted a video on.

Only a s*** High School coach would pull that..........well maybe Buddy Ryan or one of his sons would but that

is swine company.

The talent that they have had the fortune to acquire has made Tomlin look great as well as his predecessor. His a successful coach but NO

great wonder. The scouts and management have made him look tasty as well. He also got a break whether you

believe it or not due to his skin color. That has kept his job security in check a tad longer too.

Why if you are commending your favorite team would you spell them the Stillers?

That must be an Pittsburgh insider cool thing I am not aware of. Right?

Not even Noll of the Steelers was of Belichick, Parcells, or Gibbs material IMO.

Winning franchise ? Oh yes mightily. Players caused this, not so much those three head coaches and their

fast tracks to 100 wins.

Hell having the great ones ( see my post above from early this morning) Big Ben, A. Brown, and Le'Veon on the field every Sunday for your offense would

make Norv Turner look like a decent coach.

I know we have about 6 regulars that frequent this thread. Of those six, 2 of us are fans of NFC Teams, and the remaining

4 have AFC favorite teams. Where I am going with this is that of the four guys who pull for their AFC teams none of them are

the Steelers. One member's team is a strong rival to the Terrible Towels too. So the Steelers are not well liked around here.

I mentioned before week 13 that with Ben,Brown, and Bell and their offensive firepower, the AFC better be ready for

them in the playoffs. Then Le'Veon goes out the following week and sets the Steelers single game rushing record.

Look out AFC guys..

Bronco's stop them?

Thoughts?

5 catches for 78 yards

In fairness to Crab, back on Nov.6th in Baltimore, the Raven's held him to 32 yards!

The Bills did not have a great run defense, and the Steelers, obviously, found a mismatch they could exploit... and kept doing it. I'm surprised they gave Bell 38 carries - that was not the game they needed him to do that in. But, if they want to give him another 40 carries next week, it's fine by me, lol.

The other impressive stat from that game was the Steelers defense holding the league-leading Buffalo rushing attack to only 67 yards! McCoy only 2.3 yds/carry.

Look out AFC guys..

Bronco's stop them?

Thoughts?

5 catches for 78 yards

The Bills did not have a great run defense, and the Steelers, obviously, found a mismatch they could exploit... and kept doing it. I'm surprised they gave Bell 38 carries - that was not the game they needed him to do that in. But, if they want to give him another 40 carries next week, it's fine by me, lol.

The other impressive stat from that game was the Steelers defense holding the league-leading Buffalo rushing attack to only 67 yards! McCoy only 2.3 yds/carry.

The weed smoker is beyond special in the talent department Crab. That said if the Buffalo rush defense is not ranked well

in comparison to other teams I will give you that. I did not check the stats. I still feel we are looking at the cream of the crop in the complete

running back department in Le"veon Bell. You will see sir, he is still very young too. I am glad my team does not have to face him twice a year for the

next decade. We will have to deal with that Ezekiel character twice though, which is 8/10 ths as bad. lol

Crab did you see the hit made by Harry Douglas on the Broncos player with the obvious intent to hurt?

How can you punish him? It was not illegal.

Yeah I agree Crab,

He is no HOF coach, and his job has been on the line plenty during his tenure. It is also a FACT that the

Steelers hold on to their coaches about three times as long than the average NFL Franchise. They will

keep on keeping on with no change at the head coach position when almost every other team would have

gone with someone new. That is kind of a luck thing they have with only three coaches. You will not see that

long term hanging on by any other team. You can argue that by doing so eventually some super talents do fall

into your organization by chance and then the coach looks real good.

Crab I immediately thought of that bush league crap he pulled on the sidelines that you posted a video on.

Only a s*** High School coach would pull that..........well maybe Buddy Ryan or one of his sons would but that

is swine company.

The talent that they have had the fortune to acquire has made Tomlin look great as well as his predecessor. His a successful coach but NO

great wonder. The scouts and management have made him look tasty as well. He also got a break whether you

believe it or not due to his skin color. That has kept his job security in check longer too. The Dungy effect.

Why if you are commending your favorite team would you spell them the Stillers?

That must be an Pittsburgh insider cool thing I am not aware of. Right?

Not even Noll of the Steelers was of Belichick, Parcells, or Gibbs material IMO.

Winning franchise ? Oh yes mightily. Players caused this, not so much those three head coaches and their

fast tracks to 100 wins.

Well, I will give Tomlin his due. He comes across as a no-nonsense guy (with one exception already noted). I also give credit to the Rooneys for sticking with their philosophy. Any coach is at the mercy of scouting and management. But, I think if coaching is poor, the talent won't bail you out. I'm sure there are exceptions, but nobody is getting it done year in and year out like that. Head coaches are less about schemes and teaching than about putting really good assistants in place to do that. He had Dick LeBeau (a Cowher hire) and Todd Haley to make the talent work. He gets credit for putting all the coaching pieces in place. He is similar to Harbaugh (the good one) in that regard - he's not an offensive or defensive guru, he's good at making all the pieces work together. That's why Dick LeBeau (and many other OC/DCs) didn't succeed as HC - better guru than organizer.

One thing I have been in awe of is the ability of the Steelers (and Packers, and Cardinals recently) to draft wide receivers. Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace, Martavius Bryant (when he can get on the field, lol), Eli Rodgers... The best WRs to suit up in purple and black have all been free agents - Derrick Mason, Anquan Boldin, Steve Smith. Draft picks tend to make it to the end of their rookie contract and are not worth re-signing..

Le'Veon may not have gone up against one of the NFL's best run defenses yesterday, but he was taken on by the Ryan

Brothers and their defensive minds ( respected defensive guys by most ) and they had no answer for him for the entire game, and

you know darn well they tried many solutions to quite him. How were the Ravens able to keep him under 40 yards back on Nov.6th?

You know your team better than most and I am looking forward to hearing how you think they did it.

Bell's running style is like no other in the league right now. Just watch a good bit of film on his patience and cuts, and combine that with outstanding instinct and you will see it.

Like you are going to watch Pittsburgh film lol. It has some Barry Sanders attributes, but he is not really that style. I just can't put my finger on which of the great RB's of the past his style is most akin too. Maybe he is just Le'Veon himself.

He has found a style that he did not possess at Michigan State. I have heard countless experts on TV and the Radio that say

you did not know this was coming at all when looking at his BIG 10 play.

Interesting that some teams have the ability to grab future stars drafting WR's and rarely have to acquire them as free agents

as you just stated.

Crab,

I am not wanting this question to be read with the feeling I am being a smart a**.

Don't take it as such please.

How many points to do feel the Ravens can score tonight on the big stage?

Is it 19 at least? I feel they will need at least that much to keep it interesting.

Crab did you see the hit made by Harry Douglas on the Broncos player with the obvious intent to hurt?

How can you punish him? It was not illegal.

I did not see it with the sound, so I don't know when the whistle blew. Judging by Harris' body language the play was over or ending when the hit occurred. I think the league could fine him on the basis of player safety. If the play was over, it's a no-brainer. Neither player was involved in the play, and Douglas should have judged Harris' body language (like mentioned above) that Harris was not expecting to be involved in the play. If there was jawing and chippiness leading up to that, it adds up to retribution on Douglas' part. If it was happening at full speed with Harris in pursuit, then it's a legal play. Back side of the field, with the outcome of the play not in question (or not much), it looked to me like nothing more than intent to injure - doesn't matter if the hit was to the head or knees. Fine him.

Brutal hit on Sproles! Hate to see a cheap shot like that.

The Eagles' long snapper gets hurt. TE Brent Celek is their backup, and he gets hurt. They are "auditioning" a LB on the sidelines! Why is the regular center or his backup not used for long snapping in this situation? If you practice snapping shotgun, seems like you're a lot closer to long snapping than a TE or LB. They wound up using 3rd string TE Burton to snap on the FG.

Keystone Cops it was for the Eagles in long snapper duty. You surely do not see that every Sunday, let alone once a season!

Such an OMG moment for Philly fans!

On the subject of that game, at mid field at the end of the game the meeting of Wentz and Cousins took place, it was caught on film with

clear audio. I believe I saw it on NFL.com Anyway Kirk says to Wentz "I really like your poise and the way you carry yourself sir."

or something real close to that .It was delivered with obvious sincerity and you could see that in Cousins eyes.

That just showed how classy Kirk is and those two QB's have the right character for sure. Even though he plays for a division

rival there is a lot of good to be said of Carson. I am a fan already.

Giants win the division? Big deal as that horrid Offense is taking them absolutely nowhere in the playoffs.

Remember last week at Ketchup Field... it was not that long ago.

Odell can't do it all.

Never underestimate determined NYers! ; )

This could be a flip side of the 2011 Giants.

Strong offense, lame defense in 2011. But, they go on the road and beat Atlanta, GB, and SF and then

victorcrus.jpg

Le'Veon may not have gone up against one of the NFL's best run defenses yesterday, but he was taken on by the Ryan

Brothers and their defensive minds ( respected defensive guys by most ) and they had no answer for him for the entire game, and

you know darn well they tried many solutions to quite him. How were the Ravens able to keep him under 40 yards back on Nov.6th?

You know your team better than most and I am looking forward to hearing how you think they did it.

Bell's running style is like no other in the league right now. Just watch a good bit of film on his patience and cuts, and combine that with outstanding instinct and you will see it.

Like you are going to watch Pittsburgh film lol. It has some Barry Sanders attributes, but he is not really that style. I just can't put my finger on which of the great RB's of the past his style is most akin too. Maybe he is just Le'Veon himself.

He has found a style that he did not possess at Michigan State. I have heard countless experts on TV and the Radio that say

you did not know this was coming at all when looking at his BIG 10 play.

Interesting that some teams have the ability to grab future stars drafting WR's and rarely have to acquire them as free agents

as you just stated.

I don't have time to pour over blocking schemes and such, so not sure how much insight I have. I love watching game film and wish I could find some instead of just snips of individual plays. Anyway, the footing had a lot to do with the Steelers-Bills game. It looked like everybody was running very upright. But, I think Ravens success vs Bills failure is due to the same thing for every team, every game - gap integrity. The Steelers O-line just pushed the Bills around. Occassionally, the Bills' D got sucked inside when the play was going through the 5+/6+ hole. If the D-line was stunting, the LBs were not complimenting them by filling where space was created. The LBs seemed like they were playing at pass depth and Bell was getting to the LOS before them. Long day when that happens.

Crab,

I am not wanting this question to be read with the feeling I am being a smart a**.

Is it 19 at least? I feel they will need at least that much to keep it interesting.

I have no idea. Didn't see last week's route of the Dolphins coming, and I'm still scratching my head about how bad the Seahawks play on the road and how the Cowboys only mustered 7 points vs Giants on the road.

Crab,

I have no idea. Didn't see last week's route of the Dolphins coming, and I'm still scratching my head about how bad the Seahawks play on the road and how the Cowboys only mustered 7 points vs Giants on the road.

I wouldn't expect you to know, but maybe since Harbaugh is one coach that seems to have a tad better

answer or two when facing wise ol' Belichick, you would say Coaching will enable 19 points......because the" right brother" as

you always say. lol

The Seahawks are indeed a puzzle. They have the Rams next who they have dropped three straight to. They will probably bounce back and win by 30 just to keep us guessing. The Cowboys 7 points was due to the Giants defense limiting Ezekiel to just 100 yards rushing with no receiving yards. It was mostly Dak having a dismal showing as well.

I had my prediction for tonight's game in Sunday

New England 27-13

anyone else?

So I thought I would share a football related quote I read while in an office waiting room today.

Most of you should get a chuckle out of this.

I picked up the copy of Sports Illustrated with Rock Johnson on the cover dated Dec. 5th.

It was under the segment entitled They Said It.

Mark Dantonio Michigan State head Coach,

when asked if he'd recently caught up with his former player Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins.

" I haven't really talked to anybody. I do talk to my wife on occasion."

15380357_10210543892488551_7475191673413511080_n.jpg?oh=828204797256b5b5d0c979844e8d9a30&oe=58B61DDA

400 yards passing against the number one defense in the league

No Gronk No Amendola

50-1 at Gillette Stadium against AFC opponents in the last 51 games

GOAT

19brady-1-blog427.jpg

No Gronk No Edelman

You mean Amendola? Edelman had 7 catches for 73 yards last night.

Ravens put up more of a fight in the 2nd half. Took advantage of TOs. That stat about how many punts NE has fumbled (11) was was amazing. I thought Belichek would've had them do nothing but catch balls dropped off the John Hancock Tower for a week.

Penalties!!! Aaaarrrgh!

I'd like to see Kenneth Dixon get more carries. Not an impressive stat line from the game, but he breaks a lot of tackles and runs hard.

Ravens' defense is weak against the pass and it got exploited. If rush can't put heat on QB, he can find open receivers. Brady does an OK job of exploiting the seams.

Playoffs: Denver plays NE, KC, and Oakland (if 9-7, depends on tiebreaker)

Miami plays NYJ, Buffalo, and NE (Balt owns tiebreaker, but could go 10-6)

Balt plays Philly, Pitt, Cincy (can't stumble vs Phil, Pitt scares me. I see 9-7.)

No Gronk No Edelman

You mean Amendola? Edelman had 7 catches for 73 yards last night.

Ravens put up more of a fight in the 2nd half. Took advantage of TOs. That stat about how many punts NE has fumbled (11) was was amazing. I thought Belichek would've had them do nothing but catch balls dropped off the John Hancock Tower for a week.

Penalties!!! Aaaarrrgh!

I'd like to see Kenneth Dixon get more carries. Not an impressive stat line from the game, but he breaks a lot of tackles and runs hard.

Ravens' defense is weak against the pass and it got exploited. If rush can't put heat on QB, he can find open receivers. Brady does an OK job of exploiting the seams.

Playoffs: Denver plays NE, KC, and Oakland (if 9-7, depends on tiebreaker)

Miami plays NYJ, Buffalo, and NE (Balt owns tiebreaker, but could go 10-6)

Balt plays Philly, Pitt, Cincy (can't stumble vs Phil, Pitt scares me. I see 9-7.)

Fixed it. Thanx Crab. Early bird error correction is appreciated.

It is a nice feature to have a 6' 3" Linebacker able to hurdle and clear the center and just walk in and

block the kick. Probably the ONLY way to get Tucker to miss a FG.

Every team has one right? lol