2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Nike Method Mod putters $99.99 at GlobalGolf

Arpeggi

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my credit card bill. There is an extra 10.00 charge not sure for what. Have to wait till Monday to find out .

Just checked mine and there's a $15 charge, wtf? It wasn't there yesterday after I ordered.

Can they just charge extra on an order the day after it was placed? That doesn't exactly seem kosher....

No problem with mine.. $63 and some change.. But I did notice sometimes when on the site if you navigate away from the cart and go back the shipping method would change??

Driver: 9* Callaway Rogue sub zero w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
3w: 15* Callaway epic w/ aldila rogue 110 s flex
Hybrid: 19* Mizuno Jpx 900 w/ fujikura s flex
DI:  Adams dhy 21* w/ aldilla green S flex
Irons: Mizuno mp 18 sc 5-pw w/ Nippon modus 3 120x
Wedges: Vokey sm7 raw 50 F, 55 S, 60 M w/ dynamic gold black s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron newport 3 w/ super stroke

Not sure what's up with the charge, I'm gonna call when they open today. Here's my order confirmation email.

It looks like they screwed up the promo amount. Shouldn't have only taken off $49 for the wedge making it $10?

Yep, I think they meant to have this promo work on the "new" closeouts and we are buying "mint" used ones. So the promo amount being applied is for the $79 new Toe Sweep ($79-$69) and I am guessing they thought people would be buying the new Drone's too for $99. Surprised they added a charge though. But regardless if they did add the charge then they should be shipping new clubs and not Mint used ones. I've stacked crazy amounts of deals on lefty stuff that shouldn't have worked and have never been charged extra before.

Not sure what's up with the charge, I'm gonna call when they open today. Here's my order confirmation email.

It looks like they screwed up the promo amount. Shouldn't have only taken off $49 for the wedge making it $10?

Yep, I think they meant to have this promo work on the "new" closeouts and we are buying "mint" used ones. So the promo amount being applied is for the $79 new Toe Sweep ($79-$69) and I am guessing they thought people would be buying the new Drone's too for $99. Surprised they added a charge though. But regardless if they did add the charge then they should be shipping new clubs and not Mint used ones. I've stacked crazy amounts of deals on lefty stuff that shouldn't have worked and have never been charged extra before.

Even if their system made a mistake with the promo discounts, I've never heard of anyone charging extra after the order has already been placed. I'm pretty sure that's illegal actually. It doesn't matter if their system made a mistake in its discount calculation. I have a receipt for goods purchased and the amount charged, and that sale was finalized. I only authorized a charge of that amount to my card. To charge anything extra after a sale has been made final, especially without the seller providing notification to the buyer and/or explaining the charge, is utter nonsense.

If GG does not credit the extra charge back to you, simply contact your CC company with your e-receipt and they will take care of it for you.

Maybe. I called and talked to Katherine, she was nice but not much help. She said the thought the promo didn't apply to the wedge because it wasn't considered a ladies club (mom25 code) but apparently a putter is? She said she'd have to have a supervisor look into it on Monday. I told her that was fine as I wasn't looking to cheat the system but they should have contacted me or even cancelled the order instead of just adding a charge on the following day. She agreed and said they would get with me on Monday. We'll see what they say.

Even if their system made a mistake with the promo discounts, I've never heard of anyone charging extra after the order has already been placed. I'm pretty sure that's illegal actually. It doesn't matter if their system made a mistake in its discount calculation. I have a receipt for goods purchased and the amount charged, and that sale was finalized. I only authorized a charge of that amount to my card. To charge anything extra after a sale has been made final, especially without the seller providing notification to the buyer and/or explaining the charge, is utter nonsense.

If GG does not credit the extra charge back to you, simply contact your CC company with your e-receipt and they will take care of it for you.

Just missed your post but these are my thoughts exactly. She had me send her my order confirmation with the total for the order. If I have to I'll just dispute the $15 charge.

Their system is screwed up and not calculating the discounts correctly. With a $60 putter and $10 wedge, after 25% off, total should be $70*.75 = $52.5. They way it is done in their system, you are getting the 25% off before the discount of the wedge. They are losing a lot of money this way.

An error in their system is not my problem. Once I have paid for an item, the seller cannot charge extra after the fact. If a sales associate rings you up at the register and the system applies discounts that shouldn't be applicable or gives a lower price than it "should be", once you've paid for the goods the sale is complete. No one can walk up to you in the parking lot and say "We undercharged you on this order, you need to pay us more money." And they certainly cannot take my credit card information and make an additional charge after the sale has been completed.

If they lost money, then they should fire their IT/website department who screwed this up. It is illegal to make an unauthorized charge on someone's credit card. Now, if GG decided to cancel all the orders due to the error, I could understand that decision to an extent. I'd be upset, but I could understand. But under no circumstances can they charge someone after a sale simply because their system made a mistake. I have a receipt, so any amount above what I agreed to pay is easily disputed with my CC company. Best of luck to GG if they want to explain how they made an unauthorized charge because they wanted more money out of a finalized sale. I'm sure the CC company will accept that reasoning..........

........... NOT! :cheesy:

Their system is screwed up and not calculating the discounts correctly. With a $60 putter and $10 wedge, after 25% off, total should be $70*.75 = $52.5. They way it is done in their system, you are getting the 25% off before the discount of the wedge. They are losing a lot of money this way.

An error in their system is not my problem. Once I have paid for an item, the seller cannot charge extra after the fact. If a sales associate rings you up at the register and the system applies discounts that shouldn't be applicable or gives a lower price than it "should be", once you've paid for the goods the sale is complete. No one can walk up to you in the parking lot and say "We undercharged you on this order, you need to pay us more money." And they certainly cannot take my credit card information and make an additional charge after the sale has been completed.

If they lost money, then they should fire their IT/website department who screwed this up. It is illegal to make an unauthorized charge on someone's credit card. Now, if GG decided to cancel all the orders due to the error, I could understand that decision to an extent. I'd be upset, but I could understand. But under no circumstances can they charge someone after a sale simply because their system made a mistake. I have a receipt, so any amount above what I agreed to pay is easily disputed with my CC company. Best of luck to GG if they want to explain how they made an unauthorized charge because they wanted more money out of a finalized sale. I'm sure the CC company will accept that reasoning..........

Until the item is in your hand they can cancel, reroute the item back to them. to compare this to shopping at a b&m makes no sense since the item is not paid for and in your hands at the same time.

Until the item is in your hand they can cancel, reroute the item back to them. to compare this to shopping at a b&m makes no sense since the item is not paid for and in your hands at the same time.

Totally agree it's not a perfect comp since you don't get the item immediately after payment. That's why I said I could understand if they decided to cancel the orders en masse after realizing the system error. I could even understand them reaching out to those who got in on this deal and giving them the option of either paying the extra amount to coincide with the amount they intended to charge or cancelling the order.

But to make an unauthorized extra charge on the sly, without even informing their customers they were doing so, is completely unacceptable.

I did not say that the error in their system gave them the right to make additional charge afterwards. I was just pointing out the way they applied the discount was a mistake.

I have not received update to my order yet. It will probably be cancelled. Not like I needed the putter or wedge so not a big deal if they get cancelled.

Totally agree it's not a perfect comp since you don't get the item immediately after payment. That's why I said I could understand if they decided to cancel the orders en masse after realizing the system error. I could even understand them reaching out to those who got in on this deal and giving them the option of either paying the extra amount to coincide with the amount they intended to charge or cancelling the order.

But to make an unauthorized extra charge on the sly, without even informing their customers they were doing so, is completely unacceptable.

Hmmm, I used PayPal - I'm wondering if thats why i was able to get away unscathed with the killer deal. They can't charge PP like they can a CC since paypal requires a login and does not give them any private info. Shipping says I should have it all tomorrow. Will let you guys know if there's boogers and hate mail in the package.