2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Voice Caddie SC100

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious about this, too. My understanding is that the SC200 allows you to input custom lofts. There are other bells and whistles that strike me as less significant. It certainly would be a pain to have to deal with stock lofts on the SC100, but is it a pain worth $150 to avoid? Not sure. Would love to hear from someone who has used both models.

Breaking Eighty reviewed the SC200 and compared it with the 100 here.

I love my Voice Caddie SC100, Here is my Take.

yes the SC200 is a step up from the SC100, the specific reason is, the SC200 can adjust loft for the set club.

The SC100 has preset lofts for the selected club, example, PW 47*, 9 iron 44* etc etc, Gotta get the exact spec sheets. That being said with the new lofts, the 44* 9iron is some peoples current PW, so the numbers are not correct so the distances/calculations will not be as accurate.

With SC200 you can adjust this loft number to match the lofts of the actual club. To give a little more accurate distances.

I love the fact that it measure BOTH ballspeed and club head speed to give an accurate Smash Factor, For me, This tells me the quality of strike I am putting on the ball. I take the " PGA Trackman" Stats. Where some units only measure ball speed and have estimated or pre set smash factors

TM2013_Stats.jpg

Compare it to my results, PURELY on ball speed and smash factor, My goal is to replicate the same "Ball speed" for the maxed out smash factor.

My example. 1.38 is tour level Smash for a 6 iron. - I have average 6iron swing speed of 90mph. My Goal is to hit 124.2 mph ball speed as often as I can. this in my head means I am putting on an optimal strike and a repeatable strike.

So an and so on with each club and calculations LW to Driver. I love this as this lets me know if I am getting quality strikes. and having the means of repeating these quality strikes.

OK Now the draw backs.

1) Its calculated based, so, outside of the Ball speed and Swing speed, Distance is completely calculated with preset, "average" launch and spin numbers to give you calculated distances. SO the distance WILL likely be off. Personally, though on the course (not the range) with real balls and normal conditions it seem legit, But any outside influences like wind, elevated teeboxs etc....not so much, More so if you are using, range limited balls, the ball speeds vs swing speed will give you some odd smash factors..... so you have to take it for what its worth.

2) I haven not had issues with the unit not picking up the strike like many others have, BUT there are huge variances in distances when I catch a ball thin, or hook/slice etc. Again because it does not take "spin", loft/dynamic loft and Launch angle etc into real data, its all estimates.

So if you are looking for an accurate "distance" PLM, its a crap shoot, If you know the player, you have them setup for optimal launch conditions and you want to help them with a repeatable strike, then I think its perfect, especially if you have the "optimal" smash factors per club memorized. You take a swing, Look at the ball speed vs club speed, it will even show you the smash factor.....If its any where near optimal they are going to get the "right" distance, if its way off, like swing speed is high but ball speed is low then again you know they got issues.

Couple more tidbits.

I got my SC100 for $140 new on Ebay, SUPER LUCKY!!!!, The SC200 were running about $300 average..... I saved $160...... the only differences, was loft settings. I cheated, If the PW reading seemed off while hitting my PW, I just changed the SC100 to 9iron and hit my PW, and the numbers started to match my averages. If my 6iron was reading funny, I just changed the monitor to 5iron setting and all was right (distance wise).

Again though, there are preset, Launch and spin numbers for the iron selected, so that means the spin and launch may be higher and lower, but if you are just trying to get the "distance" number to jive, that was my trick.

the monitor automatically turns on to a 7iron, and I have hit driver by accident, it still picks up the ball speed and swing speed, (in other words lets say it picked up 100mph swing speed, with 145 ball speed. It still calculates, it, but it calculates that, I hit my 7 iron 100mph and balls speed of 145mph , with 6500rpms of spin at a launch angle of 17* with a loft pre set @ 35* so giving me a distance of 217 yards total. Some weird number like that....

But again this is the good part, it still picks up the ballspeed and swing speed and to me this is the greatest part about this monitor!

GL OP and have fun I use this unit EVERYTIME now at the range....

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Why do you say that? Appreciate your input.

The SC200 actually calls out your distance rather than only displaying it. It has the ability to customize the lofts of each club. It also has a barometric pressure sensor that help with getting a more accurate reading. Not to mention that the SC200 seems to pick up more of the shots versus the SC100 that I constantly had to move every time I would take a divot and set up the next ball beside the divot.

The SC200 actually calls out your distance rather than only displaying it. It has the ability to customize the lofts of each club. It also has a barometric pressure sensor that help with getting a more accurate reading. Not to mention that the SC200 seems to pick up more of the shots versus the SC100 that I constantly had to move every time I would take a divot and set up the next ball beside the divot.

Stupid question, but for the SC200, can you turn off the voice?

So shame if I am their with my driver and it yells out at the driving range...."Duff, 120 yards total" LOL AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Stupid question, but for the SC200, can you turn off the voice?

So shame if I am their with my driver and it yells out at the driving range...."Duff, 120 yards total" LOL AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

LOL!!!! There is volume control