2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Turnkey Scotland Trip?

J_Early

Hello,

I am looking to plan a trip with 4 guys Summer of 2018 to Scotland and would like to plan a trip around playing Carnoustie, Muirfield and St. Andrews (Old). Does anyone have recommendations for a company that can turnkey this for us? We would like hotels, tee times and transportation taken care of in one package. I would love to do this while attending the Open championship, but I figure that would be a pretty tough time to get on these courses. Any input or advice is much appreciated.

JE

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I am looking to plan a trip with 4 guys Summer of 2018 to Scotland and would like to plan a trip around playing Carnoustie, Muirfield and St. Andrews (Old). Does anyone have recommendations for a company that can turnkey this for us? We would like hotels, tee times and transportation taken care of in one package. I would love to do this while attending the Open championship, but I figure that would be a pretty tough time to get on these courses. Any input or advice is much appreciated.

JE

You'd save yourself thousands of $$$$ as a group by doing it yourself. It's far easier than you would imagine. Just saying. :taunt:

Hello,

JE

You'd save yourself thousands of $$$$ as a group by doing it yourself. It's far easier than you would imagine. Just saying. :taunt:

Guaranteeing tee times at these courses is not a problem from the US? I do not want to travel all that way and rely on a lottery or as a walk on to get a tee time. The hotels and transportation are not as big a deal.

The only course of those 3 that should present any element of chance is the Old. As long as you pay attention to next years initial lottery and apply within the deadlines you should be ok. Looks like that info will be posted in July for 2018 https://www.standrews.com/play/courses/old-course/booking-the-old-course

I am going in August I have all tee times booked already including Carnoustie except the Old which I could not book as a single. Also you will want to make notes of what days courses are closed to play (Sundays on the Old) or visitor play (everyday but Tuesday and Thursday Muirfield) http://www.muirfield.org.uk/visitors.aspx They start about a year out so you would want to keep an eye on that one

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Hello,

JE

I just went this summer with 7 other guys and had 1 guy take care of the booking. We saved a bunch of money staying in VRBO's, but went for a week. Like others have said you can save some serious money doing it yourself. We planned our trip around the St. Andrews tee times since they were part of a lottery. Kingsbarns is not on your list, but easily my favorite course on the whole trip.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Hello,

JE

I just went this summer with 7 other guys and had 1 guy take care of the booking. We saved a bunch of money staying in VRBO's, but went for a week. Like others have said you can save some serious money doing it yourself. We planned our trip around the St. Andrews tee times since they were part of a lottery. Kingsbarns is not on your list, but easily my favorite course on the whole trip.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Take a peek at this, and book it. Before Carnoustie or Murfield.

Hello,

JE

Guaranteeing tee times at these courses is not a problem from the US? I do not want to travel all that way and rely on a lottery or as a walk on to get a tee time. The hotels and transportation are not as big a deal.

You'd be treated the same when it comes to tee times if you were from Mars. Simply go onto the relevant Courses' website and you can book on line guaranteed. The only odd ball is the Old Course, but if you go onto St Andrews Links Trust website it will give you all the details on getting a tee time on the Old Course. Every other Course, you can simply use the relevant Course' online booking service.

As for accommodation, check out Tripadvisor. For flights, you can use Skyscanner.net, whereby you get the cheapest Flights to choose from, and for Car Hire the best we find is Enterprise Vehicle Hire in the UK. They are the cheapest around we have found and have branches at every major airport, where you can simply pick up your car from.

Easy peasy, Lemon squeezy! :taunt:

http://www.golfinternational.com

Call Liz at Golf International.

• P: (212) 986-9176
  • TF: (800) 833-1389

Liz will put together the exact trip you want: guaranteed tee times, car, hotels, travel directions, a rep to meet you at the airport, etc.. Great support while on the trip. I've used GI for five trips over the last 20 years. I am using them again for a trip to Ireland next year.

Yes, it is more expensive than booking yourself. But GI is worth it.

Highly recommend Morton Golf Holidays http://www.mortongolf.com/ - I've used them to book multiple trips. If it can be done, they will do it. The problem you are likely to run into is booking Muirfield - I just checked their website and there are no tee times available for June, July and August. However, Peter at Morton Golf will book a solid trip for you.