2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

anger on the links

stevelegend

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i recently kicked the leg off my nike bag and snapped my wedge in half in the same hole! anyone done something as beastly as this on the links? :pimp:

57245[/snapback]

Well I broke my 8 iron and 56 degree in the same day...

on the range 8-iron head flew off about 40 yards after hitting a fat shot.... and while jogging across the green (rushing) broke the shaft on the wedge. Awesome :D

i recently kicked the leg off my nike bag and snapped my wedge in half in the same hole! anyone done something as beastly as this on the links? :pimp:

57245[/snapback]

OHHhhh yea. A close friend is on his 5th shaft this year for his driver. Another embedded his wedge into the windshied of his cart. Ohh the stories can fly.

i recently kicked the leg off my nike bag and snapped my wedge in half in the same hole! anyone done something as beastly as this on the links? :D

57245[/snapback]

Well I broke my 8 iron and 56 degree in the same day...

on the range 8-iron head flew off about 40 yards after hitting a fat shot.... and while jogging across the green (rushing) broke the shaft on the wedge. Awesome :crazy:

57249[/snapback]

We know a guy, won't mention his name, who on the second hole whacked the grip end of his driver on a tee marker in frustration and broke about 4 inches off the tip. On the 11th, he snaped a steel shafted PT 3 wood over his knee and hurled the grip end one way and the head end the other. I still have the head as a souvenir. That was a couple years ago.

This year, while playing a particularly difficult course, we were guessing how many holes before he breaks a club and how many broken clubs total. He snapped his 4 wood on the 3rd hole and caved in the face of his driver on the back nine of our second 18.

I asked him if he's broken every type of club from driver to putter and after a moment's thought said that yes, he has in fact broken every type of club.

P.S. His practice swings are the stuff of legend. ;) :pimp:

My brother has broken many clubs. He has chilled out somewhat, now he hits his driver against the tee markers or he just walks off after a small string of bad luck.My dad used to come get me every other weekend and we would go play golf. I would get frustrated and lose my temper and he would calmly tell me that I will have to control my temper because golf is a gentlemans game. One time, I was probably 10 by this time, he hit a couple of bad shots in a row, he buried his club THROUGH the fiberglass roof of the cart, so I sat him down and explained that golf is a gentleman's game.....He still gets ribbed by my uncle for that incident. :pimp:

Two that I've experienced (one seen and one personal) although one wasn't a break. I bladed an 8 iron. As I was walking to my bag instead of helicoptering my club I tomahawked it into the ground. The shaft snapped in half--nice and embarrassing!!

The other was at the Nationwide Championship Thursday. I'm volunteering and was waiting for the 17th tee to clear so my group could tee off. Eric Axley hit his shot into the hazard and tossed his club down the side of the hill off the tee box. His caddie, who looked to be about 50, had to manuever down the side to pick it up with Axley's staff bag in tow. D!ckhead move if you ask me...

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

Had one instance with a club somehow snapping both the legs of a sun mountain bag in a high school match. I had no job then so my parents insited that since I lost my temper I should have to use that bag for the rest of the season.

That tough love lesson remained with me until last spring. I had just hit a fat 60* wedge and somehow it helicoptered into a nearby tree. It snapped the shaft and it helped to release my anger for about two seconds. After the initial burst of anger and helicopter satisfaction subsided all I was left with was an expensive lesson for my lack of self control.

Par 3, 154 yards, LARGE pond on the right...my partner sticks his tee shot within 5 feet and has a great chance for a birdie. He misses his putt and then just whips his putter in the center of the pond. I don't think that I've ever laughed that hard on the course before.

The kicker...he says that he just going to use my putter the rest of the round!

I have a friend who was trying to bounce a ball on his 3 iron then tap it up and belt it away except he didnt middle it, he hit it right on the end of the shaft just above the head and the shaft snapped. It looked pritty good cause the head was just dangling.

The best I have seen is where a guy i was playing with snap hooked a drived OOB so he jumped of the tee box and drop kicked his bag.

Me and another kid i was playing with just fall down on the tee box and started laughin, we tried to hold it but we couldnt.

I once threw my 8 iron at my bag and it

snapped in half against the beg stand, another

time i broke the grip end of a 4 iron after

i slammed it against my toe, and last, I

put a dent in my 8 iron shaft, it didnt affect

anything, except about 2 months later after a

fat shot it snapped in half :pimp:

I seem to helicopter clubs a lot also

When I was in college my buddies and I were playing golf. One of the guys hits a fat tee shot with his iron off the tee so he tosses his club up in the air. It manages to get stuck in a tree above the tee. We laugh a good bit until he pulls out another club to knock down the first. Well, the SECOND one gets stuck up there!! Now we are hysterical...it took throwing his golf shoe (which also almost got stuck) up there to get them both down.

That happened 8 years ago and we still laugh about it to this day.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

ive played with some incredible tempers. One being a thrown driver into a lake after a poor tee shot. Another being a putter thrown directly into a green leaving a giant divot and also a ball being hit rihgt back at the tee and the club being tossed not shortly later. Terrible sportsmanship but incredibly funny to watch

was playing at tour 18 in dallas. played with this pompas Word not allowed from smu (he wouldn't shut up about going to smu). all day is screaming and slaming his driver on the tee box "man the ball is Word not allowed left" "man that ball went nuts right". we lauged it up. got to number 16 which is a replica of augusta #11. kid hits a great drive and great second shot to 15 feet from hole. misses his birdie putt bad!!!! tries to hit his ball into water and misses and takes a chunk out of the green then as walking off drop kicks white hot putter. it was pretty comical, but got even funnier when on the next hole he goes to putt and flips out because none of us picked up his putter and it is still sitting on the green of the previous hole.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

I dont remember who said it, or if im quoteing it correctly, but I heard a quote once that went like "Your not good enough to get that angry."

57321[/snapback]

My father told me something similar to that once during an outburst of mine. He said "You don't play good enough to throw clubs".. Boy, was that humbling.. I have not thrown one since and that was about 40 years ago..

Oh I remembered I played with a friend of friend that broke EVERY club in his bag during the 18 holes, Pings too mind you. He would hit a bad shot then snap the shaft over his knee.. My dad offered him a $100 for the set and the guy almost went for it.

57245[/snapback]

I own a few of these one legged things...I amputated three bags...

Driver Taylor SIM 2
3wd ping 425

5wd ping 425
Irons I500 Ping 4 - pw
ping answer 2 sig
58 ping eye-2
54 Jaws 4

2I driving iron Srixon New shaft carbon fiber steel
Titlist 1x

One of my friends was playing in a tourney and after missing several short putts, walked back to his cart and smacked his putter aginst the metal tubeing. The shaft broke into and the end the head was attached to bounced back and the end of the shaft jabbed into his inner thigh. He had to quit and go to the hospital, it was over three inches deep in his leg. That was the last temper tantrum i have seen out of him.

I have never broke a club in a fit of rage on the course. Remember folks its just a GAME its not life or death. We are out on the course to enjoy ourselves and relax. If were getting that upset over a bad shot or something we probably need to reevalute ourselves and why were out there. I refuse t o play with club throwers and people who have temper tantrums.

i've snapped and helicoptered a few...most memorable is an old hogan 5 wood that used to be a money club for me...finally, couldn't hit it anymore...friends told me for the longest time to get a new one...last shot i hit w/it, i topped the ball into the creek...so i snapped the club, buried it in the creekside, had a "memorial service" for it and left it there...

but now i just drop the club at the end of my backswing to limit the damage (to my wallet) when i hit a bad shot...it's not worth it...

RBallz Tour 10.5
3w G20, 5w rktballz2
19* Xhot
4-PW I20 KBS Tour S
Sabertooth w/Superstroke
52* 588RTX CB, 58* Vokey

Played with a tour pro yesterday, he sent his putter flying into the trees after missing his 3rd consecutive short putt  :pimp:

Edit: Putter survived. I was waiting to see if he was gonna go get it or just leave it there. Was getting my cellphone ready to call my buddy and ask him to go get it  :D

57576[/snapback]

Come on, come clean. Who was the tour pro. We promise we won't tell. Swear!

Is this thread for real?

Not for anything but we're playing golf. The stories on this post are ridiculous. If you can't control yourself enough not to over-react like a child and start throwing your toys around and breaking them maybe you don't belong on a golf course. What's worse is that most of you talk about these incidents as if its normal or you're even proud of the antics. Who are your roll models for this game, sportsmanship, and etiquette?

For all you folks that can't control yourself, Did you every think that your outbursts might be in the back of someone else's back-swing or putt on another hole? I guess your shots are soooo important that the rest of us golfers on the course should just accept the abrupt interruptions in our games while you vent.

Thanks for ruining our rounds too.