2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Cleveland Launcher Ti460 Driver Review

Gxgolfer

By SirShanksAlot.com
Click for Article>>>Here

The Cleveland Launcher Ti460 driver is the next generation in the Launcher family. The Launcher 460 was one of the most popular drivers that we have tested. It was long, forgiving and great on miss hits. It’s tough to replace something as good as the 2005 Launcher but Cleveland hopes the Ti460 is up for the challenge.

The biggest difference between this new Launcher and the old Launcher has to do with the crown of the club. Cleveland has found a way to move 15% of the crown weight to other areas of the club. The idea of moving weight like this isn’t really anything new but it can really alter how a club works. Cleveland shifted most of this weight to the bottom and perimeter… increasing launch angle. The Launcher Ti460 also boasts a new look… gone is the grey head and in is the navy blue head. The stock shaft has also changed but the new Cleveland Launcher Silver shaft is similar to the previous graphite offering. The Ti460 is also available in an offset version. This should be a huge hit with the higher handicapper looking to correct a slice. For every change there is an aspect that stays the same. This new club features the same face welding technique used in the previous Launcher and the head size and shape has remained. Cleveland has added some new shaft upgrade options and players of all abilities should be able to find one that works.

Our testers loved this driver just like they loved the last Launcher 460. The Ti460 is both long and forgiving… just like the first one. Our testers loved how the club looked and found the new darker color to be a bit more appealing to the eye. The stock shaft seemed to work well for the majority of testers too. The offset version is a nice touch… it is a huge upgrade over the last offset Cleveland driver (Sport 410) . I guess we’ll be handing out another 9/10 here!

Oh wait… there’s a flag on the play. Looks like the Cleveland Ti460 driver is being called for unnecessary change for the sake of change! We heard lots of great things about the Ti460 but we had already heard it all back when we reviewed the Launcher 460. All out testers agreed that the Ti460 was a great driver but that it was no better than the 2005 Launcher. Same length, same feel and same forgiveness. The change in launch angle was not noticeable and most testers were happy with the way the ball flew. Both customers and retailers that I talk to just hate when companies feel the need to change their products without making substantial refinements. Customers feel ripped off and retailers have to dump clubs at reduced rates to afford the new models.

Put it this way… if you don’t own a Launcher driver then make sure you have a look at this one. It is a great driver for the majority of golfers and our testers rated it 9/10… the same rating as the 2005 Launcher 460. If you own the 2005 version then save your money… the new color and headcover aren’t worth the extra costs. We have to penalize the Ti460 2 points for unnecessary change and that drops it’s rating to 7.

SirShanksAlot Rating Out of Ten: 7

Target Handicap - Anyone

Ball Flight - Mid to High

Lofts - 7.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, 11.5 degree

Stock Shaft - Cleveland Launcher Silver graphite

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good review, I was one of their "testers." The club was ok, but up against my X-Drive there is bound to be some bias!!! The face felt kinda trampoline-y. No matter how fast/hard I hit the club the ball only went 260 in the air, about 10 yards of roll. I had a few balls ballon on me, I assume it was the shaft, they had 2 unmarked shafts they were trying them out with. The club felt very heavy, like a D5/D6. I do like the darker paint better than the old silver.

Overall it is like putting a $300 cold air intake into a '84 Chevette! Not very good to begin with, and by half-Word not alloweding some new R&D mumbo jumbo they have have hardly improved it. My suggestion to anyone thinking about buying a new 460Ti is save the money and get a TXXXX Tour 460. Much more solid and you will be happier with the results.

I will always be a cleveland fan, but man they let us down this time. I thought for sure we'd see something better from them. I mean where is the 420cc Comp, Hell I'd settle for a weight adjustable launcher. The CG4's and CG11's??? Come on! What is that? Where are the CG7 Tour's? Or how bout some 588 shaped CG10's to retail. I am impressed with the Gray Matter putters, I will give em credit for those. But they had better be holding some aces up their sleeves for early 2006!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

Good review,  I was one of their "testers."  The club was ok, but up against my X-Drive there is bound to be some bias!!!  The face felt kinda trampoline-y.  No matter how fast/hard I hit the club the ball only went 260 in the air, about 10 yards of roll.  I had a few balls ballon on me, I assume it was the shaft, they had 2 unmarked shafts they were trying them out with.  The club felt very heavy, like a D5/D6.  I do like the darker paint better than the old silver.

Overall it is like putting a $300 cold air intake into a '84 Chevette!  Not very good to begin with, and by half-Word not alloweding some new R&D mumbo jumbo they have have hardly improved it.  My suggestion to anyone thinking about buying a new 460Ti is save the money and get a TXXXX Tour 460.  Much more solid and you will be happier with the results.

I will always be a cleveland fan, but man they let us down this time.  I thought for sure we'd see something better from them.  I mean where is the 420cc Comp, Hell I'd settle for a weight adjustable launcher.  The CG4's and CG11's???  Come on!  What is that?  Where are the CG7 Tour's?  Or how bout some 588 shaped CG10's to retail.  I am impressed with the Gray Matter putters, I will give em credit for those.  But they had better be holding some aces up their sleeves for early 2006!

58504[/snapback]

Ya I'm a big Cleveland guy too but their new line isn't too great. I've actually had customers laugh at the look of the CG11 wedges. They think the cavity makes them look like cheap knock offs!