Game Golf PRO

I have found a lot of issues with some of their stats calculations on the iPhone, and using the TAGS the shot locations on the map, at least for my course, can be waaay off. However, their customer service is very responsive in that they claim to be working on correcting the problems that I have found.

• 3 weeks later...

I gave up on Golf Pad. Having a wide array of stats captured is great but if they are calculated wrong, and some of them are, they are useless. Of a bigger concern and frustration is that tagging with the phone was intermittent. I could go along and tap the TAG against my phone say 20 times in a row with no issue. The next time I could not get the phone to recognize the TAG with the phone in my pocket. So I would have to pull the phone out and tap the club. Sometimes the TAG would then be recognized, other times I would have to cancel the scan function and restart it to get the TAG recognized. It was most frustrating when I would putt and leave myself with just a tap in. Go to TAG the shot standing at the hole and having the intermittent tagging issue while others are waiting for me to get out of the way so they can putt.

Pending reviews by early recipients of the new Shot Scope V3 that may be the next thing I try.

• 11 months later...

Digging up this old thread. Received an email from GG the other day announcing that they have been acquired by a company called Inpixon, and have relaunched Game Golf Pro. At least some prior Pro users have been offered free units to try it again.  Not sure if I'm a glutton for punishment, but I received mine today and I'm going to give it another shot, I did so want the thing to work the first time around. Keep y'all posted... 

Edited by Gautama

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

1 hour ago, Gautama said:

Digging up this old thread. Received an email from GG the other day announcing that they have been acquired by a company called Inpixon, and have relaunched Game Golf Pro. At least some prior Pro users have been offered free units to try it again.  Not sure if I'm a glutton for punishment, but I received mine today and I'm going to give it another shot, I did so want the thing to work the first time around. Keep y'all posted... 

wow. Good luck

Arccos has so much head start, I'm not sure how GG can catch up.

I'll try it if they

1. release the GG pro at $99 with one year free subscription

2. $14.99/monthly or $99/yr subcription. $49/yr for 1 year for previous owners of GG

3. kept all the data from previous GG series/accounts.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I said I'd give an update on the new (free) device they sent.  I wasn't expecting much, so just now got around to taking the time to set it up. I went through all the trouble of screwing the little things into my clubs for what felt like the umpteenth time, adding all 14 to the app, and then got to the pairing step... And none of them will pair.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me... what is this now, 7 times? I said I'd give them one more try when they sent the free unit, but that's it.  This is a garbage product from a farce of a company, and my guess is this new acquisition came at virtually no cost to the buyer who thought what the heck, we got all this inventory for basically nothing, let's give it away and see if it works for anyone. Well, it still doesn't work. Same garbage, years later. So annoyed! 

Edited by Gautama
  • Sad 1

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

Yep. Rubbishing any of that stuff. It's goners.

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps the most disappointing part of this whole farce is that the OG product worked (as many have mentioned, if you remembered to tap). The fact that the company "relaunched" but killed the ability to upload for the classic or live units (the only ones that worked) was extremely disappointing. I had two classics and a live version and was happily oblivious to the turmoil with the Pro as my rounds and tags continued to work and be uploaded. Until the announcement of the relaunch and the upload glitch. Now the transfer app, just will not show the classic or live units as connected. The work around currently for the live version is to connect via bluetooth and let the app handle it. So far this is still working.  The old technology of tap and then swing should have been maintained with the tap unit improved. As soon as you go to batteries in the tags, so people won't forget to tap you are doomed if there is any technical issues. That's my main issue with Arccos, the batteries in the tags. I've had lots of products say the battery will last such and such, but that NEVER pans out. Don't want to invest another $300 (canadian) for something that will fail after a few years and have to be constantly replacing tags. Too bad, original concept worked. In my opinion, they should have rolled out a yearly fee in order to preserve the user base and provide income flow. "hey if you want continued access to classic and live, it will cost $40". I would easily have signed up.

Edited by Bertbdj
  • Like 1

Update, Game Golf Support is back and immediately got back to me to confirm that the transfer app is still working for Classic and Live versions. Given that I began to debug my side, having already gone through 2 cables and two different computers, I tried a third cable. Surprise, it works again. I am humbled, having always tried everything before contacting support I would never have guessed that 2 out of 3 micro usb cables were caput. All of them charged the game golf, but only one of them was ok for data transfer. Anyway, long comment to say that the Game golf is working again, and there is someone at the other end of the support email these days.  (Surprisingly, I also received an email this week about the Olympics and the course and how people have played it in the past with Game Golf and then promoting the PRO.  So perhaps the Obit for Game Golf was premature. Really glad I was able to get the 4 rounds off the units, and still say the simple old units with the tap are plenty good enough. I hardly ever forget to tap, but when I do the units normally register a swing so easy enough to edit the club used. Multiple taps are actually the thing I do the most, forgetting that I had tapped before the swing and doing a second after. Still easy enough to edit. So I'm a happy camper again.

• Like 3