Kangaroo owners?

caniac6

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking about getting a Kangaroo remote control caddy. What can you tell me to convince me to spend that much, and what other remote caddies are worth considering?

A buddy and I both bought Kangaroos almost 3 years ago and they have been flawless. Sturdy and well built. I had asked some old timers at my club that have had theirs over 15 years and they too said bulletproof. They just made some changes to a lithium battery and the electronic controls. I have called back with a few questions and tech support is outstanding. Easy to get parts if ever needed. IMO buy once and you'll be done. I researched a lot before buying and saw that others would break and have wait on parts etc. USA made too.

I am thinking about getting a Kangaroo remote control caddy. What can you tell me to convince me to spend that much, and what other remote caddies are worth considering?

A buddy and I both bought Kangaroos almost 3 years ago and they have been flawless. Sturdy and well built. I had asked some old timers at my club that have had theirs over 15 years and they too said bulletproof. They just made some changes to a lithium battery and the electronic controls. I have called back with a few questions and tech support is outstanding. Easy to get parts if ever needed. IMO buy once and you'll be done. I researched a lot before buying and saw that others would break and have wait on parts etc. USA made too.

I have demoed the one with the lithium battery, and I like it, but still have some reservations.The cart is still very heavy, and really marks up a wet course, and it costs $1000 more than the Kangaroo hands on model. A guy I play with has a Carttek hands on model, and I am looking at their remote model, also.

Got the Kangaroo.

Got the Kangaroo.

Good for you. Those hills and the summer heat will still be there, but now you won't have to ride around in a cart with the old men. :)

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play competitive golf.

I've had a Hillcrest Max (Kangaroo) for several years and it is impressive. It always performed flawlessly except at one time recently it was erratic in the directional control with the remote. After changing out the "O" ring in the steering controls it returned to flawless operation. The company suggests this "O" ring be replaced periodically.

A few things to consider.....

1. You need to learn where the hidden holes and subtle sharp terrain changes are on the golf course if possible. When it is moving ahead in high-speed mode, if it hits a sizeable hole or curb, it will really rock its world.

2. I purchased the swing arm third wheel for steep inclines and have never really used it. Even though there are some really steep areas on the course I use it on, it takes an extremely steep incline to utilize the swing out arm. There is a particular area on the course when I am leaving a green and heading to the next tee box that has a major incline. I just steer the cart to navigate the slope on an angle and it does fine.

3. The remote allows you to control the cart at a very long distance (it is actually amazing how far). If you steer it a long ways off be aware of your depth perception when it crosses little cart bridges and such. You can have a "wreck" with it if you misjudge conditions from afar. (Don't ask me how I know this) It is cool to hit a shot into the green, put your iron in the bag, pull your putter out, and steer the cart to the next tee box and have it wait for you there.

It can really be a distraction on the course in that it is quite a conversation piece and people will be asking a lot of questions and making a lot of comments. If you treat it well it will give you years of service. One modification I made to mine was to drill out the ends of the lower bag holding bracket to accommodate bungee straps similar to the top brackets which come predrilled. It helps keep the bag from twisting as it makes its way around the course.

I purchased the storage rack for it and when I return home with it I put it in the rack in the garage and throw an old fitted bedsheet over it to keep the dust off.

I really like what it provides on a golf course.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

I went to the course yesterday all excited to use my new cart, and forgot the battery!

I've been cautious myself knowing I could do that. So far so good but what I have done was I left the remote control box in a golf shoe that was at home and had to manually steer it. I didn't know it until I was setting it up at the course. Now my remote goes in the protective case and it fits perfectly in the cup holder. You'll get a routine down after a few mistakes.

I went to the course yesterday all excited to use my new cart, and forgot the battery!

I've been cautious myself knowing I could do that. So far so good but what I have done was I left the remote control box in a golf shoe that was at home and had to manually steer it. I didn't know it until I was setting it up at the course. Now my remote goes in the protective case and it fits perfectly in the cup holder. You'll get a routine down after a few mistakes.

My wife suggested getting a spare battery. I told he that way I would have forgotten two.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you guys have any recommendations for bags? I have a Sun Mountain Sync, and it moves around a bit.

I did some modifications to mine last winter. The bolts sit just inside of each leg and prevent the bag from turning. I toyed around with the bottom strap but didn’t like having the tighten it and remome it each round. The strap was plenty tight to prevent the bag from moving an inch.

Left Australia in '68 and my parents weren't allowed to bring our pet Kangy over, sad to leave Boingo behind

Cally AIS TD Max 11.5* Ventus Black TR 5x

Callaway AI Smoke TD 17* Ventus Black 5x 

Callaway ‘16 GBB 19* Ventus Blue 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Cally Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x

Ping i210 6-7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

LAB Mezz Max