rory sabbatini adams golf witb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi during coverage TGC revealed Rory put an Adams Driver and 3 wood into play at the Sony. He was playing CCI's last season as a Nike staff member which have a large sole and cavity so the Idea PRO Forged seem like they would be a great match for his game. I have been looking as well to see what irons he would chose but haven't seen any leads anywhere. If you see anything please post. Thanks CBCREWs

[b]Sabbatini Adams:[/b]

[b]Driver: [/b]Adams[b] [/b]Insight Prototype 9.5*[b]
Wood: [/b]Taylormade Burner 14.5* (under an Adams FWY cover)[b]
Hybrids: [/b]Adams Idea Pro 2 and 3H w/ Aldila VS Proto[b]
Irons: [/b]Adams A3 Irons 4-PW[b]
Wedges: [/b]55* and 60* Titleist Vokey's[b]
Putter: [/b]Odyssey Black Series i #9

Has signed a deal with Callaway for gloves, shoes and balls.

I was working with Matrix Monday at the FBR open. I watched Sab hitting the new XTD DF2400x. His numbers where the same as the Proto. He will be bagging the 2400x this week. He is playing the retail model of the A3s. Impressive. The guys in the Adams van said he is easy to fit for equipment and he is not very picky. I have will have the pics from the FBR on by Wed. I am going again today to help Joe at Matrix get some more shafts in play. I will give many details and pics on Wed. I did see alot of the new Burners getting built. Mitsu has an awesome new shaft called the Javilin. I did sneek some pics of those. See you Wed.

Kells

awesome! i am excited to see those pics you should be sure to catch some rory shots im going to the bmw championship in sept and i definitly plan on getting a ton of his whats in the bag pics and him swinging. id like to chat with his caddy and see what hes like for real. you know what i mean?

the only difference between his and retail are that he has the 4 and 5 irons... for us regular guys we can only get the 5 iron but rory gets both its a bit upsetting lol because i would love to play them.

I was impressed with Rory. He was focused but down to earth. He was on the phone with the wife for a while. I got right behind him during his range, trackman session. His shots with both drivers were exactly the same look and numbers. The Adams R&D guys are awesome. He is also hitting the new Idea Gold hybrid. It looks nice (the final product) is a smaller boxer head with weight port at the face. I have pics with his new HM2 hybrid shafts. I almost had Dean Wilson putting one in play but it was too heavy.

Kells

you should talk to the adams r and d guys and point out how awesome it would be to have a set just like rory's especially the irons and you should send them to me! and any pictures of rorys equipment range sessions anything are definitely welcome on this thread lol. he is without question my favorite golfer.

[quote name='eli_yates' post='888826' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:40 AM']awesome! i am excited to see those pics you should be sure to catch some rory shots im going to the bmw championship in sept and i definitly plan on getting a ton of his whats in the bag pics and him swinging. id like to chat with his caddy and see what hes like for real. you know what i mean?

the only difference between his and retail are that he has the 4 and 5 irons... for us regular guys we can only get the 5 iron but rory gets both its a bit upsetting lol because i would love to play them.[/quote]

Actually our Adams rep told us that a 3 and a 4 iron are available in the A3 iron set.

[quote name='eli_yates' post='888909' date='Jan 29 2008, 10:25 AM']you should talk to the adams r and d guys and point out how awesome it would be to have a set just like rory's especially the irons and you should send them to me! and any pictures of rorys equipment range sessions anything are definitely welcome on this thread lol. he is without question my favorite golfer.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, I love Sabbatini.

Any more pics of Rorys gear would be much appreciated. Nice to see a bag us mere mortals can play/ buy- LOL.

I would have thought it wouldn't have been that hard for Adams to make the long irons/ hybrids options, I guess economically all the options equals more cost. Their iron sets are good value considering the hybrids alone are normally $120-150 to buy individually. But your right the a2 and a3 are real easy to hit and the 4-5i would give the clubs more appeal to a wider section of the market (ie. those single figure handicappers that are playing Fusions/ FTs, G10s, MX 25s etc- but wont bag 3 or 4 hybrids)

I reckon he is a great fit with Adams, he walks in- takes basically standard product of the rack, puts it in play and is sitting with a 2nd, 3rd and 17th from three starts, almost a million dollars already.

Does anyone actually know what his deal with Adams is, obviously bag and hat, but how many clubs is he obliged to play? Shoes glove and ball are Cally

[quote name='mozgolf' post='888973' date='Jan 29 2008, 11:14 AM']Any more pics of Rorys gear would be much appreciated. Nice to see a bag us mere mortals can play/ buy- LOL.

I would have thought it wouldn't have been that hard for Adams to make the long irons/ hybrids options, I guess economically all the options equals more cost. Their iron sets are good value considering the hybrids alone are normally $120-150 to buy individually. But your right the a2 and a3 are real easy to hit and the 4-5i would give the clubs more appeal to a wider section of the market (ie. those single figure handicappers that are playing Fusions/ FTs, G10s, MX 25s etc- but wont bag 3 or 4 hybrids)

I reckon he is a great fit with Adams, he walks in- takes basically standard product of the rack, puts it in play and is sitting with a 2nd, 3rd and 17th from three starts, almost a million dollars already.

Does anyone actually know what his deal with Adams is, obviously bag and hat, but how many clubs is he obliged to play? Shoes glove and ball are Cally[/quote]

Well like you said, Callaway for gloves, shoes and balls.

Sabbatini's wedges are Vokey's, his putter is an Odyssey Black Series i #9 and his 3 wood is a Taylormade Burner 14.5*.

Theres 4 of his 14 clubs. I guess with Adams he can play whatever he wants but his driver and irons MUST be Adams. His hybrids are 2 Idea Pro's.

Or he has a 10 club limit with them, but being Adams I can't imagine them signing club limits to someone like Sabbatini, who is probably Adams most well-known player now (aside from Tom Watson, but he's gettin old ;p;)

Haxx thanks, sorry should have been a bit clearer, I knew he was playing 10 clubs, I was wondering if he had any obligation to play a certain amount.

I think Baddely the other big signing is only hitting a three wood maybe one other club max- for now at least it doesnt seem such a good signing, hope Adams can get him into a few more sticks in the near future

[quote name='haxx27' post='888958' date='Jan 29 2008, 01:59 PM'][quote name='eli_yates' post='888826' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:40 AM']awesome! i am excited to see those pics you should be sure to catch some rory shots im going to the bmw championship in sept and i definitly plan on getting a ton of his whats in the bag pics and him swinging. id like to chat with his caddy and see what hes like for real. you know what i mean?

the only difference between his and retail are that he has the 4 and 5 irons... for us regular guys we can only get the 5 iron but rory gets both its a bit upsetting lol because i would love to play them.[/quote]

[b]Actually our Adams rep told us that a 3 and a 4 iron are available in the A3 iron set.
[/b]

[quote name='eli_yates' post='888909' date='Jan 29 2008, 10:25 AM']you should talk to the adams r and d guys and point out how awesome it would be to have a set just like rory's especially the irons and you should send them to me! and any pictures of rorys equipment range sessions anything are definitely welcome on this thread lol. he is without question my favorite golfer.[/quote]

[/quote]

you tell me how much a set with 3 hybrid and 4 iron thru pw would cost in stiff steel shaft and ill send you a money order as soon as possible. no joke for sure. ive been emailing adams for a while now with no such luck. so if you could help me because there are no adams reps in the area. just pm me with any information. thanks a ton.

[quote name='eli_yates' post='888826' date='Jan 29 2008, 11:40 AM']awesome! i am excited to see those pics you should be sure to catch some rory shots im going to the bmw championship in sept and i definitly plan on getting a ton of his whats in the bag pics and him swinging. id like to chat with his caddy and see what hes like for real. you know what i mean?

Yeah... the website even lists the 4-iron as being available, and I'm sure the 3 is as well.

as to price... probably the same, definately no more as hybrids cost more money.

FYI... I just picked up the IDEA Pro Forged set, it is their smallest cavity iron, and only forged iron. Well, anyway, I didn't want a 3 and 4 hybrid as the set usually comes 3, 4 hybrid and 5-PW irons... so I ordered a 2 and 3 hybrid and a 4-PW. I also had them made 3/4" long with midsize grips. I picked them up in early January and got lucky and played on two warm days this month. Absolutely love the clubs.

They will make the set with whatever clubs you want... you can probably even order mixed sets... some Idea Pro some A3, or some A3 some A30, you just might have to adjust the price some. But as far as replacing hybrids with irons... it will not be more expensive.

[quote name='eli_yates' post='889142' date='Jan 29 2008, 03:36 PM']really a 3 and 4 iron replacement are available? if so how much for the set i want it![/quote]

[quote name='eli_yates' post='889167' date='Jan 29 2008, 03:46 PM'][quote name='haxx27' post='888958' date='Jan 29 2008, 01:59 PM'][quote name='eli_yates' post='888826' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:40 AM']awesome! i am excited to see those pics you should be sure to catch some rory shots im going to the bmw championship in sept and i definitly plan on getting a ton of his whats in the bag pics and him swinging. id like to chat with his caddy and see what hes like for real. you know what i mean?

[b]Actually our Adams rep told us that a 3 and a 4 iron are available in the A3 iron set.
[/b]

[/quote]

you tell me how much a set with 3 hybrid and 4 iron thru pw would cost in stiff steel shaft and ill send you a money order as soon as possible. no joke for sure. ive been emailing adams for a while now with no such luck. so if you could help me because there are no adams reps in the area. just pm me with any information. thanks a ton.
[/quote]

[quote name='Big_M' post='889172' date='Jan 29 2008, 03:48 PM'][quote name='eli_yates' post='888826' date='Jan 29 2008, 11:40 AM']awesome! i am excited to see those pics you should be sure to catch some rory shots im going to the bmw championship in sept and i definitly plan on getting a ton of his whats in the bag pics and him swinging. id like to chat with his caddy and see what hes like for real. you know what i mean?

Yeah... the website even lists the 4-iron as being available, and I'm sure the 3 is as well.

as to price... probably the same, definately no more as hybrids cost more money.

FYI... I just picked up the IDEA Pro Forged set, it is their smallest cavity iron, and only forged iron. Well, anyway, I didn't want a 3 and 4 hybrid as the set usually comes 3, 4 hybrid and 5-PW irons... so I ordered a 2 and 3 hybrid and a 4-PW. I also had them made 3/4" long with midsize grips. I picked them up in early January and got lucky and played on two warm days this month. Absolutely love the clubs.

They will make the set with whatever clubs you want... you can probably even order mixed sets... some Idea Pro some A3, or some A3 some A30, you just might have to adjust the price some. But as far as replacing hybrids with irons... it will not be more expensive.
[/quote]

IDEA a3

Club Specifications
Model Loft Length Lie Swing
Weight
STEEL Swing
Weight
GRAPHITE
3 Hybrid 19° 40" 59.25° NA D1
4 Hybrid 22° 39.25" 60° NA D1
5 Hybrid 25° 38.5" 60.75° NA D1
6 29° 37.875" 61.5° D2 D0
7 33° 37.25" 62° D2 D0
8 37° 36.625" 62.625° D2 D0
9 41° 36" 63.25° D2 D0
PW 45° 35.75" 63.5° D2.5 D0

Shaft Specifications Weight Butt Diameter Tip Diameter Manufacturer
Graphite 80 g 0.600" 0.370" Grafalloy ProLaunch Red
Steel 110 g 0.600" 0.370" True Temper
Players Lite

Flex Options Steel & Graphite Shaft
Regular Stiff

Grip Options
Adams Traction Tour Velvet

Custom Options
2 Hybrid, 6 Hybrid, 4 iron, 5 iron, Gap Wedge, Sand Wedge, Lob Wedge

[quote name='eli_yates' post='889167' date='Jan 29 2008, 12:46 PM'][quote name='haxx27' post='888958' date='Jan 29 2008, 01:59 PM'][quote name='eli_yates' post='888826' date='Jan 29 2008, 09:40 AM']awesome! i am excited to see those pics you should be sure to catch some rory shots im going to the bmw championship in sept and i definitly plan on getting a ton of his whats in the bag pics and him swinging. id like to chat with his caddy and see what hes like for real. you know what i mean?

[/b]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The easiest thing to do would be to go to your local Golf store, and they will probably special order it for you.

Just wanted to shout out that it's great to see a POSITIVE thread about Rory. He's an amazing golfer who's consistency in the last 8 months has only been rivaled by Tiger and maybe a few others. I love the fact that he brings PERSONALITY to the game, even if that means pissing a few people off.

I'm a little dismayed at all the comments lately saying "i wish more players would act like K.J. Choi".....I love Choi but sorry between the endless commercials and uneducated commentary on televised golf today, if I had to watch 140+ players walk around with not so much as a smile on their face I would probably quit tuning in. Let's get more Faldos and Rorys in this game! And yes, you can still call them jerks when they made stupid comments and do stupid things. But at least it'll be more entertaining.

[quote name='blackanvil58' post='889266' date='Jan 29 2008, 04:36 PM']Which matrix shaft is he playing in his driver and 3 wood and is it for sure aldila vs proto in the hybrids? Just another rory fan.[/quote]
I followed rory two weeks ago at the Sony open in Hawaii. At that time he was playing the a3 idea boxer hybrids, (like the one in the pics) with Harrison Impulse shafts. A3 irons 4-p with TT black gold shafts, 4250 DF driver with Matrix and titleist vokey wedges, the new ones with the special grinds. He was also playing a Callaway ball.

link to pics, [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=122905&hl=boxer"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...05&hl=boxer[/url]

well i finally found a company that offered to go through adams and special order the set for me its even going to cost a little over 100 dollars less which i am stoked about. regardless i am happy tho my ignites came today and i have to reshaft those with stiff those are good clubs also. but when my tax return gets here im going to get that set of all iron a3 irons 4 thru pw all irons i am so stoked about that!

and another thing i bet that because of rory sabbatini more younger people start playing adams clubs especially if they find out they can get the sets with the iron replacements for the hybrid because most kids are too egotistical to hit 4 and 5 hybrids lol... i know i can testify to that... regardless im excited about the adams buzz. its a good thing to me and the adams clubs look so good. ive never been tempted to buy brand new clubs before but the adams clubs look sooooo good to my eyes.