P90X DVD

Emperoryder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='smirks' date='04 March 2010 - 08:55 AM' timestamp='1267721704' post='2292721']
[quote name='Futurestraderbc' date='04 March 2010 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1267720981' post='2292692']
Milk instead of water to get some Vit D and Calcium.
[/quote]

Won't that mess with the protein/carbs balance? It would sure taste better though!
[/quote]

Scrap the dextrose and use whole milk!

I did it and became a beachbody coach as well. I am so confident in the product. I lost 41 lbs and shaped up more than I could ever imagine. Was it hard? absolutley. Was if worth every penny double absolutley. If you want more info please pm me or visit me at [url="www"]beachbodycoach/aliptak.com[/url]. I can also send you my before and after pics if you want proof. Oh also you wont get bulky but you will get lean hard muscle(athletic muscle) and alot of flexability as well.

Team beachbody coach
WITB Link

I'm starting Sunday and can't wait!! For everyone who has done this program or going through it, do you follow the nutrition guide? Or, do you just try to eat healthy not following the guide? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Srixon Z785 9.5 Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue
15* TEE XCG Fujikura Motore F3
19* 909H Fujikura Rombax
Srixon z585 4-pw PX LZ 6.0
50* 54* 58* Cleveland rtx4 DGTI S400
Ping Sigma 2 Tyne/Lajosi V201 CS

[quote name='chief2891' date='05 March 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1267854841' post='2296317']
I'm starting Sunday and can't wait!! For everyone who has done this program or going through it, do you follow the nutrition guide? Or, do you just try to eat healthy not following the guide? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
[/quote]

I purposely ate a little more than normal because I was more interested in gaining weight, over the first two months I put on 7 pounds but my pants felt a little roomier, so I did gain mostly muscle in that time. This last month Im trying to cut back and lose 10 pounds of fat hopefully. Im 5-10 and 172 now so not really overweight but Id like to be 165 when done and then maintain from there.

Id say if you are interested in getting the best results you need to eat right, its probably even more important than just how hard you work! Without the right nutrition you wont be able to get the most out of the workouts or recover as well!!!

[quote name='chief2891' date='06 March 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1267854841' post='2296317']
[/quote]

I didn't follow the diet perfectly, but I did try to limit carbs and increase protein intake the first month (I am just starting the 1st recovery week). You body will need the protein these first few weeks; your muscles will get quite a shock. In these past three weeks I have lost 4 lbs. and 2 in. on my waist. I was pretty athletic to begin with but always had a little extra in the midsection. Even though I didn't do it perfectly, I'm sure you will get much better results following the diet, so I would advise to stay as close to it as possible, or at least the protein/carb ratios they recommend.

AcesAZ and I are similar. I am 5' 11" and weighed 177 when I started a little over two years ago. I dropped down to the mid 160s but I feel "anemic" at that weight so I have to be sure to eat enough calories. The key is to not eat too much junk. I have been able to get myself back up to the same weight I was when I started but without the "softness". I feel better personally weighing in the mid 170s to 180.

[quote name='yedi015' date='05 March 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1267813415' post='2295123']
I did it and became a beachbody coach as well. I am so confident in the product. I lost 41 lbs and shaped up more than I could ever imagine. Was it hard? absolutley. Was if worth every penny double absolutley. If you want more info please pm me or visit me at beachbodycoach/aliptak.com. I can also send you my before and after pics if you want proof. Oh also you wont get bulky but you will get lean hard muscle(athletic muscle) and alot of flexability as well.
[/quote]

Great Job man...! Did you lost the 41 lbs inside the 90 days? or did you do more than oune round of P90X.. my goal is to lose 45 lbs.

[quote name='smirks' date='04 March 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1267719678' post='2292647']
I start my P90X training next monday...

I'm 6' 2" and weigh 12.5 stone. Not wanting to lose weight, just bulk up a little and get golf fit.

Made my own recovery drink, what do you guys think? I found somewhere where bulk buying has brought the cost down to 100 days worth = 68p per drink. Doesn't seem too bad at all!

1 pint water, with...
23g Whey protein (Chocolate)
50g Dextrose
5g Creatine
1g HMB
5g Glutamine
1g N Acetyl L Cysteine

Anything I should add to this? Some liquid vitamins? Some cod liver oil? More water?

Gonna be fun to see how this goes!
[/quote]

[url="http://www.gatorade.com/default.aspx#gseries?s=03-recover"]http://www.gatorade.com/default.aspx#gseries?s=03-recover[/url]

This will be hitting stores at the end of March -Mid April.

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

[quote name='DH48' date='12 March 2010 - 07:49 AM' timestamp='1268398195' post='2311115']
Just started week 3. While I'm not as sore as in week 1, plyo kicked my butt yesterday. I'm getting closer to keeping up with the video and it is really hitting me hard.
[/quote]

I'm in my 1st recovery week right now. I had the same experience in my 3rd week. I was getting better at keeping up with them on plyo, but because I was keeping up, it seemed even harder than the 1st time. Also, the recovery week isn't exactly easy. Core Syn and Yoga are great workouts!

Keep it up. Just do what you can do. In 30 days you will be amazed at what your body can do. I have helped alot of my friends get started on p90x. Best advice is don't get caught up with the clock on screen. You do not have to go till the clock ends on each exercise. If you listen to Tony on some exercises he says how many reps he is doing. Everyone does reps faster or slower than one another. Pick your reps and do them (ex: 12-15 reps). If you feel guilty just get into plank position for remainder of time in order to strengthen your core more and hit the ball further.
:welcomeani:

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

The one complaint I've heard about P90X is that sometimes people get sore with it. After my 3 mos., I'm rarely sore, but at my age I have to be careful to recover. Definitely use recovery drinks. I have about 2 protein shakes a day -- I get a powder at Costco. Great stuff. At 23 you could start losing weight if you don't use protein supplements. If you want to gain some muscle weight get protein with lots of vitamins and up your protein powder calorie content.

That Plyo's a killer for me! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I completed P90x classic this past winter. I lost 41lbs of fat and my cholesterol went down 67 points as well as my other numbers improving greatly. I owe my health to this program. The diet wasn't too hard to follow either which was nice. Think about it you are usually sore from exercise cause your body is not used to it and you hit your muscles differently that normal. When you get sore your muscle heal and that's how they get stronger, now if you go to the gym usually you are sore for a week or so then it stays away. This is because they adapt to what you are doing to them. You will notice that you become real sore in the beginning of P90x I mean real sore but then gets better throughout the program but never goes away. That is a good thing that means your muscles are never adapting to the what you are doing to them intern keep healing and getting stronger throughout the program. P90x is not for bulking. What its for is for lean hard and strong muscle not big muscle. You will be more than satisfied when you are done as long as you follow the diet properly. I cant emphasize the diet enough. Its about 80% of the program. As Tony says you got to Bring IT. If you do you will not believe the result. Don't get caught up on the scale either cause you will be replacing fat with muscle so the scale might not move much. Focus on how your clothes fit and by looking in the mirror. Good luck. If you have any questions on the program please feel free to e-mail me [b][b][u][email protected][/u][/b][/b]. I will be more than glad to help. I am about to start it again cant wait.

Team beachbody coach
WITB Link

• 1 month later...

Getting ready to start p90x on Tuesday...have golf league on Monday and don't want to be wasted for it (based on this tread =) ). Looking forward to it. I am borrowing my brother in law's copy, but he doesn't have the nutrition or other guides. Does anybody have an electronic copy of these they could pm or e-mail me. Thanks,

Matt

Well I think tomorrow morning will be the first start day.

After looking over the meal plan I think I am going to have to go with the Portion control. I have three kids and either cooking something different or having my wife cook something different for me will probably not work out so well. Also I don't think the kids would go for a lot of the meals.

Anybody have any tips on going with the portion plan, or day one. I have a chin up bar and some workout bands...looking forward to getting started.

My 24 yr old son has been doing the program for awhile. I do not believe he is sticking with it 100%. However, he slimed down and gained at least 15 yds on his drive from last year.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='mmp' date='12 July 2010 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1278948995' post='2570424']
Well I think tomorrow morning will be the first start day.

After looking over the meal plan I think I am going to have to go with the Portion control. I have three kids and either cooking something different or having my wife cook something different for me will probably not work out so well. Also I don't think the kids would go for a lot of the meals.

Anybody have any tips on going with the portion plan, or day one. I have a chin up bar and some workout bands...looking forward to getting started.
[/quote]

Just try to eat as "lean" and healthy as you can. Eat lots of protein and cut out the fat and sugar. You'll need some carbs but, try to eat good ones and not just junk. You will not have to follow the p90x diet perfectly to get good results.

[quote name='mmp' date='14 July 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1279134999' post='2575849']
What did everyone do for the protein bars and shake. Did you buy beachbody stuff or just go to GNC for protein bars and Whey Protein Mix.

Thanks...barring any unforseen complication tonight (kids wacking me with five iron)...tomorrow morning should be day 1.
[/quote]

You certainly can get just fine by without using the P90X/Beachbody products. I buy Premeir brand protein bars from Sam's Club that have 30g in each bar. I also use "Syntha 6" for my recovery drink. I have used just plain on whey protein mix as well/

Vita Cost is a great place to score this stuff from too.

5 weeks in, 12 lbs down. No six pack, lol, but my midsection is MUCH tighter and I'm able to do things in the workouts I couldn't dream of doing in week one. Much tighter across the whole body.

Push hard the first time you do a workout, then you can pace yourself next time when you have a feel for what you need to finish a workout. Another suggestion is, when you get into phase two, take it easy on the arm exercises. You work out your arms with other muscles, and if you hit your arms to hard you won't be able to push the other muscles towards the end of the workouts.

Ok...need to push back a few days...but thats okay, I am getting everything I need. I got some whey protein and a few protein bars from GNC tonight. Only got a few to try out for taste. Any particular bar you guys/gals get?

Will be going to Kroger on Saturday to buy the phase I menu items.

Also with regard to reps what do you follow...the 8-10 reps or the 12-15? Additionally, how come the people in the video (Chest and Back) are doing like 20-30 reps? How does that fit in with the 8-10 or 12-15?

Did anyone get or use a heart monitor?

Thanks for all the help.