Golf Membership in Naples Florida

SC Seawolf

10 hours ago, TennisAndGolf said:

Odds are more likely it never gets built instead of becoming “the most exclusive club in SW Florida”

by the time this is built, the peak will have passed…like opening a club in 2009. 

also laughable that you two (seemingly with interest / ties to this new club) act like any legitimate celebrity is getting turned away from Hideout or Calusa.

actual celebrities and average Joe who can pay the initiation are on different lists. 

Hideout is a porta-potty of a golf club. What's laughable is that you put it in the same category as Calusa Pines. And, I guess we'll see who's right and who's wrong pretty soon. Membership commitments have been received by dozens and dozens already... The money is in place... the land planners and consultants have their marching orders... so if I were you, I'd tread lightly in calling for failure here. Just a thought.

15 hours ago, Robber6656 said:

I live in Fiddlers Creek. The developer held some memberships back for the houses he is building on the driving range.  Funny, everyone laughed at them when they came out at $125k equity memberships when it had 16 good holes, no clubhouse, and the slowest paspalum greens in Florida. When they got to 300k everyone stopped laughing. All the rich guys on Marco who couldn’t get in the Island jumped all over it. 

Played Royal Palm today. Precovid it was around 10k. Now it’s $80k. Nice condition, nice practice areas. So so course. Mind boggling. 

Olde Cypress was $70K exactly a year ago. It's $100K now and will be $150K by next October. ALL prices are going up. No stopping this train. The wealthy are getting wealthier with dividends and bonds where they're at. Affordable golf is NEVER returning to Naples. Just reality.

49 minutes ago, StillCantPutt said:

Hideout is a porta-potty of a golf club. What's laughable is that you put it in the same category as Calusa Pines. And, I guess we'll see who's right and who's wrong pretty soon. Membership commitments have been received by dozens and dozens already... The money is in place... the land planners and consultants have their marching orders... so if I were you, I'd tread lightly in calling for failure here. Just a thought.

You've lost your mind. Hideout is not Calusa Pines and it never set out to be like Calusa Pines. What it is an extremely fun golf course to play with a great membership that is all about golf. A great golf course next to it won't change that. I'm guessing you were turned away at Hideout. I think they have a no idiot policy.

21 minutes ago, Robber6656 said:

You've lost your mind. Hideout is not Calusa Pines and it never set out to be like Calusa Pines. What it is an extremely fun golf course to play with a great membership that is all about golf. A great golf course next to it won't change that. I'm guessing you were turned away at Hideout. I think they have a no idiot policy.

I wouldn't join the hideout if it as free. Who wants to play with aging Boomers are the geriatric crowd there? Place is AVERAGE at best. Guessing you're a member that dropped 6 figures to join only to have to piss in a urinal built on top of the 2 sink basins they have to wash hands. Place is DUMP in my opinion but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

what’s laughable is you contradicting yourself within 2 days. 250 member cap but “dozens” of members is enough to pay all the consultants and move ahead with construction?

dozens being 24? That’s not enough money in place.

also - golf course valuation and initiation fees do not go up in perpetuity - they were strongly hit very hard + gave out discounts during 2008-2010…neither do homes increase in price forever…cyclical 

we look forward to you posting updates on this course every month. 

Edited by TennisAndGolf

2 hours ago, TennisAndGolf said:

what’s laughable is you contradicting yourself within 2 days. 250 member cap but “dozens” of members is enough to pay all the consultants and move ahead with construction?

dozens being 24? That’s not enough money in place.

also - golf course valuation and initiation fees do not go up in perpetuity - they were strongly hit very hard + gave out discounts during 2008-2010…neither do homes increase in price forever…cyclical 

we look forward to you posting updates on this course every month. 

Realty is that golf was in the decline even in Naples before covid. Well after the 2008 down turn. Covid was the best thing to happen to golf clubs. Remote workers flooded Florida. My club in upstate NY has the largest waiting list in it's 70 year history when we had no waitlist for 20 years.

There is no doubt in my mind that the club his idiot is talking about will succeed. There is another Gil Hanse course in Naples that has already sold out and I don't think construction has started or is very far along. Naples has no issues selling out new courses due to the money that resides there. Some pretty run of the mill courses are going for way over what they would ever get if they were located anywhere else.

The fact that he says Hideout is a porta poddy does show he either has an agenda or is a complete moron. I'm guessing moron.

Edited by Robber6656
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SC Seawolf said:

Hideout is a great track.  Definitely not a porta potty.   Locker room is not great, but the course is a good test and always in great shape.  

Caution…Don’t ever discount a Moron with an Agenda….  Reference our current President.   

Agree, the club house is to freshen up and have lunch or breakfast and some drinks after our round. It's not a country club, it's a golf club. Which is exactly what they were going for and succeeded. 3:30 rounds are a bonus.

• Like 2

CP >>>> Hideout

and it’s not even close.  It’s not even in the same league.  Respectfully Naples is a boring town.  

• Like 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

also my assessment is justified by one criteria only. Hideout is a dime a dozen. There's only one CP.  If I'm traveling to Naples, I'm not picking Hideout over CP. It's kind of laughable that some of you guys suggest if given 2 choices and you'd pick Hideout over CP.  CP is a 2nd and 3rd club.  Hideout is just another over priced club in Naples.  No disrespect. 

• Like 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

1 hour ago, jerebear21 said:

also my assessment is justified by one criteria only. Hideout is a dime a dozen. There's only one CP.  If I'm traveling to Naples, I'm not picking Hideout over CP. It's kind of laughable that some of you guys suggest if given 2 choices and you'd pick Hideout over CP.  CP is a 2nd and 3rd club.  Hideout is just another over priced club in Naples.  No disrespect. 

So I just scanned every post is this thread no where did I see anyone say they would pick Hideout over Calusa. I also didn't see one post that says HO is better than CP. Looks to me like pure fabrication for one ****** bag to spread his agenda........please correct me if I missed the post. 

I'll take boring Naples over Tampa but that's what happens when you hit 60..............

Just now, Robber6656 said:

So I just scanned every post is this thread no where did I see anyone say they would pick Hideout over Calusa. I also didn't see one post that says HO is better than CP. Looks to me like pure fabrication for one ****** bag to spread his agenda........please correct me if I missed the post. 

I'll take boring Naples over Tampa but that's what happens when you hit 60..............

your enthusiasm is outstanding for hideout. Aren’t you the same guy that argued with me about having friends at a private club called innisbrook? 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

6 minutes ago, Robber6656 said:

with all due respect if I only have 17 years left to live given the life expectancy is 77 years old give or take, I’d prefer to surround myself with hot women and an international airport within reach. Naples is full of old females living off their depleting bonds account. Can’t give me enough money to look at wrinkles all day long. 

• Like 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

2 hours ago, jerebear21 said:

with all due respect if I only have 17 years left to live given the life expectancy is 77 years old give or take, I’d prefer to surround myself with hot women and an international airport within reach. Naples is full of old females living off their depleting bonds account. Can’t give me enough money to look at wrinkles all day long. 

naples / collier county is poor compared to palm beach island/ county. 

there is not enough demand for a $500k initiation for people that do not already have memberships to NN / Calusa or whatever was viewed at top of food chain. 

people serious about golf already made their choice for clubs. Nobody is leaving those two for this new one or making it an additional club

I wouldn’t say it’s poor per se for the migrating population there. Obviously not much growth or tech advancement to demand the money they’re asking. At least in tampa bay or orlando the growth is more diversified. Big school systems big health care big sports team and lots of tourism. I haven’t been back to Naples in awhile and the last time I was there it was because of CP and hole in the wall. West palm beach is probably the 2nd best private club area outside of ny metro. But if sleepy hollow or westchester county is asking me 30% of some of those Naples numbers, it’s an easy pass. 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

6 hours ago, TennisAndGolf said:

naples / collier county is poor compared to palm beach island/ county. 

there is not enough demand for a $500k initiation for people that do not already have memberships to NN / Calusa or whatever was viewed at top of food chain. 

people serious about golf already made their choice for clubs. Nobody is leaving those two for this new one or making it an additional club

Eh wrong. They have several commitments from Calusa members and NN members both wanting to leave those because of various reasons and also as additional clubs but keep thinking you’re right and I’m wrong. 

On 10/20/2023 at 10:36 AM, jerebear21 said:

Nice…

22 hours ago, jerebear21 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s poor per se for the migrating population there. Obviously not much growth or tech advancement to demand the money they’re asking. At least in tampa bay or orlando the growth is more diversified. Big school systems big health care big sports team and lots of tourism. I haven’t been back to Naples in awhile and the last time I was there it was because of CP and hole in the wall. West palm beach is probably the 2nd best private club area outside of ny metro. But if sleepy hollow or westchester county is asking me 30% of some of those Naples numbers, it’s an easy pass. 

It’s a joke what they get down here. That’s the price you pay if you want to live in Paradise. The LI courses are just as expensive. The Bridge is $1m or pretty close to it.

Edited by Robber6656

On 10/20/2023 at 7:15 PM, StillCantPutt said:

Eh wrong. They have several commitments from Calusa members and NN members both wanting to leave those because of various reasons and also as additional clubs but keep thinking you’re right and I’m wrong. 

Regardless of whether the course gets built or not, you have to be the worst representative of it.  You sound like a guy that has a distant relationship with a wealthy person, and you're trying to latch on with your limited information to feel important.  The partners at this club would be apalled if they knew you were on some random internet forum spouting nonsense.  It's just a poor look and indicates that you yourself are far from joining any elite club.  

Maybe they'll let you play as a guest though.  

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 7:27 AM, StillCantPutt said:

Guess we’ll see. And, it’s the latter - East, next door. 

Nothing has been made public. But, I anticipate you’ll see something early next year. 

Great day at Hideout today, great track with a great staff.

Looks to me like any new course, if there really is one, would be Northeast. Nothing can go due east towards 23rd street. Residential housing.

Edited by Robber6656

Going to be hard to fit it in there unless Hideout sells them some land.  They own 50 acres in the south east corner that backs up to the residential area.  In addition, Hideout owns another 32 acres adjacent to their property.  There is 190 acres otherwise, and in a very weird shape.  Currently owned by 4-5 individuals.  

Hard to believe they'll break ground there in spring when they don't own the land.  

On 10/18/2023 at 10:32 AM, StillCantPutt said:

THIS - demand far far far far outweighs supply here. Calusa has a 10 year waitlist and places like Fiddler's Creek are charging $300K... with a multiyear waitlist. $500K to join the most exclusive club in SW Florida is peanuts.

Editing this comment as my previous information was incorrect.  

Edited by Gmoney777
Incorrect info

On 10/20/2023 at 9:07 AM, jerebear21 said:

99% of people who don’t play both often would agree, but there’s a huge difference when you play it all the time. I love Calusa and I would certainly play every day if I was a member, but they do not want that… you can’t take carts out with your guys and have a relaxed and enjoyable round of golf. That’s why most in town guys there have another membership or two.. plus the 45 minute drive from downtown isn’t great for every day. Hideout great place to go and play a money game. Played a few thursdays ago in 2.5 hours and home before noon. Not sayin go it’s a perfect club, but it’s like comparing blacksheep to medinah up north. 

15 hours ago, Gmoney777 said:

99% of people who don’t play both often would agree, but there’s a huge difference when you play it all the time. I love Calusa and I would certainly play every day if I was a member, but they do not want that… you can’t take carts out with your guys and have a relaxed and enjoyable round of golf. That’s why most in town guys there have another membership or two.. plus the 45 minute drive from downtown isn’t great for every day. Hideout great place to go and play a money game. Played a few thursdays ago in 2.5 hours and home before noon. Not sayin go it’s a perfect club, but it’s like comparing blacksheep to medinah up north. 

most daily private clubs can be finished in under 3 hours. I played yesterday at my club walking with a 4some at 3.15. Teed off 820. Done by 1135  But if I were to go to OM, it's a guaranteed 6-8 hour day.  There are a lot of people in Florida that will do OM every day/5 days a week. The same with CP.  It's a different level of net worth.  My assessment would still be the same. CP every day/5 days a week.  Never got the feeling they don't want you there 5 days a week.  In fact, I got the total opposite. Do whatever you want and who gives an eff as long as you respect the golf course/workers. 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

39 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

most daily private clubs can be finished in under 3 hours. I played yesterday at my club walking with a 4some at 3.15. Teed off 820. Done by 1135  But if I were to go to OM, it's a guaranteed 6-8 hour day.  There are a lot of people in Florida that will do OM every day/5 days a week. The same with CP.  It's a different level of net worth.  My assessment would still be the same. CP every day/5 days a week.  Never got the feeling they don't want you there 5 days a week.  In fact, I got the total opposite. Do whatever you want and who gives an eff as long as you respect the golf course/workers. 

unfortunately not the same at CP. they just started allow carts on back 9 only in later part for day. If you sped walked the course with caddie you might get done in 4.5 hours. Majority of play out there is member 3 guest or corporate. My uncle has been a member out there for 10 years now, plays about 5 times a year and the rest of his rounds at hole in the wall. Calusa is not the place you are going for camaraderie or daily rounds I can guarantee you. It’s certainly not your “local club”. The staff are great and I’m sure you could go out there 5 days a week, but the other reality is that most members live in the downtown naples vicinity and that’s a 40 minute drive each way.