Golf Membership in Naples Florida

SC Seawolf

• 2 months later...
On 3/1/2023 at 8:50 PM, jones137 said:

I paid $6500 for associate membership plus $7k in annual dues.

I get 12 rounds in season and unlimited out of season. I still work so 12 rounds in season is fine plus I play with clients at their clubs.

Not too bad at all. I like olde cypress and play it a few times a year on reciprocal. I’m a member at the strand, so it’s an easy drive across the interstate. Also just joined at moorings since I live down the street which is a fun little track. Want to get either hideout or hole in the wall down the line. 

2 hours ago, Gmoney777 said:

Not too bad at all. I like olde cypress and play it a few times a year on reciprocal. I’m a member at the strand, so it’s an easy drive across the interstate. Also just joined at moorings since I live down the street which is a fun little track. Want to get either hideout or hole in the wall down the line. 

The Moorings summer deal is tough to beat. The Hideout is my favorite course in town just a hike to get out there. So many great courses in Naples.

Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
Taylormade Imola 8 35"

22 hours ago, jones137 said:

The Moorings summer deal is tough to beat. The Hideout is my favorite course in town just a hike to get out there. So many great courses in Naples.

There are a lot of over priced fair courses in Naples. I do agree Hideout is a blast and my favorite course in Florida. Not many great courses.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:28 PM, jones137 said:

I live down the street from Bird, need to run into him so I can beg for membership😂 I heard the waitlist is 5 years+. 

28 minutes ago, Gmoney777 said:

I live down the street from Bird, need to run into him so I can beg for membership😂 I heard the waitlist is 5 years+. 

A couple months ago I came in to the locker room and saw him sitting there with Kevin McHale…..I had to do a double take lol.

Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
Taylormade Imola 8 35"

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 1:08 PM, Robber6656 said:

FOM. Friends of Moe are the only people getting in Hideout

And Moe (and Doug, the membership guy) are *****S. Someone is going to buy that place from Moe, fire the exec staff, boot the membership, blow up and redesign the golf course and charge $500K-$1M to join. Watch.

Or so I've heard...

Edited by StillCantPutt

1 hour ago, StillCantPutt said:

And Moe (and Doug, the membership guy) are *****S. Someone is going to buy that place from Moe, fire the exec staff, boot the membership, blow up and redesign the golf course and charge $500K-$1M to join. Watch.

Or so I've heard...

Anything is possible down there but I have friends who are members and I would have heard if that was out there. I would think anyway.

• 1 month later...

I’ve been lucky enough to play just about every course in Naples/SWFL. 

It's truly as good as it gets down here, which eludes to ABSURD cost of becoming a member at most places in this(beautiful/wealthy/expensive) town.

There are summer/limited play memberships at Naples Grande, Pelican Nest, Gateway, and some others. Which is a good way to get your feet wet. 

As for the crowns jewels like Calusa, Naples National, Old Collier, and others of this caliber are nearly un-joinable at this point. All of which are invite only with years upon years of waitlists, and that’s before talking about price.

The density of wealthy people here drive a huge demand for top tier golf clubs..

There are a couple new HIGHLY ANTICIPATED courses in the works, which are actually needed in here due to demand.  

All the courses mentioned above are expensive and very hard to join (Calusa and N National are my favorites)… BUT…

At this time, the #1 Most Expensive Golf Club to join in Naples is Old Collier!  The others aren’t far behind. 

INITIATION FEE: 

$400,000 (25% equity)

ANNUAL MEMBER FEE:

$31,500

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF MEMBERSHIPS:

250 Members (Invitation Only) 

Wild stuff, but if you ever get the nob to play anyone of the world renown private courses in Naples…. Drop whatever you’re doing and GO!!

10 hours ago, Nikler77 said:

It's truly as good as it gets down here, which eludes to ABSURD cost of becoming a member at most places in this(beautiful/wealthy/expensive) town.

There are summer/limited play memberships at Naples Grande, Pelican Nest, Gateway, and some others. Which is a good way to get your feet wet. 

As for the crowns jewels like Calusa, Naples National, Old Collier, and others of this caliber are nearly un-joinable at this point. All of which are invite only with years upon years of waitlists, and that’s before talking about price.

The density of wealthy people here drive a huge demand for top tier golf clubs..

There are a couple new HIGHLY ANTICIPATED courses in the works, which are actually needed in here due to demand.  

All the courses mentioned above are expensive and very hard to join (Calusa and N National are my favorites)… BUT…

At this time, the #1 Most Expensive Golf Club to join in Naples is Old Collier!  The others aren’t far behind. 

INITIATION FEE: 

$400,000 (25% equity)

ANNUAL MEMBER FEE:

$31,500

Wild stuff, but if you ever get the nob to play anyone of the world renown private courses in Naples…. Drop whatever you’re doing and GO!!

Frankly that sounds like a deal with the Creek at Fiddlers is going for $300,000, all equity

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2023 at 11:10 PM, Nikler77 said:

INITIATION FEE: 

$400,000 (25% equity)

ANNUAL MEMBER FEE:

$31,500

Also been lucky enough to play a number of the private courses around SWFL. Have to say Naples National is my favorite. Would love to play Calusa but don't think that's happening anytime soon. Many of those rounds were with my dad as a kid so don't have the greatest memory of them

• 2 months later...
On 10/11/2023 at 6:04 PM, Gmoney777 said:

After seeing the prospectus, I highly highly doubt it will be top 100. Guess we’ll find out though. If they were smart they’d make it golf club only and men’s only. Sell out instantly and fit online with black sheep in Chicago. Relaxed rules, dress code and informal dining. Let’s see if they can raise the funding first. Fry/straka is a decent start.

Is it going to be located near Hideout?

On 10/11/2023 at 6:04 PM, Gmoney777 said:

After seeing the prospectus, I highly highly doubt it will be top 100. Guess we’ll find out though. If they were smart they’d make it golf club only and men’s only. Sell out instantly and fit online with black sheep in Chicago. Relaxed rules, dress code and informal dining. Let’s see if they can raise the funding first. Fry/straka is a decent start.

They have funding in place. I know one of the founders and it’s going to be a top 100. Golf is the priority and it will be relaxed rules, don’t worry about that. Golf in any attire if you want kind of place. Individual members, not couples, so they will make it men only without making it “men only”. Buckle up. 

Going out with the intended goal of being a top 100 is generally not the right way to go about it.  On top of that, the topography in the area doesn't lend itself to excellent golf, but like Calusa I am sure a ton of dirt will be moved.  Straka/Fry is an ok start, and they have made some great golf courses, but it's not the names I would have brought on board if I wanted to fire up the architecture geeks/raters and debut in the top 100.  

Is there any public info available?  Is it the big parcel south of Hideout or the smaller parcels (with numerous owners, including Hideout) directly to the east?  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, graveydellic said:

Going out with the intended goal of being a top 100 is generally not the right way to go about it.  On top of that, the topography in the area doesn't lend itself to excellent golf, but like Calusa I am sure a ton of dirt will be moved.  Straka/Fry is an ok start, and they have made some great golf courses, but it's not the names I would have brought on board if I wanted to fire up the architecture geeks/raters and debut in the top 100.  

Is there any public info available?  Is it the big parcel south of Hideout or the smaller parcels (with numerous owners, including Hideout) directly to the east?  

Guess we’ll see. And, it’s the latter - East, next door. 

Nothing has been made public. But, I anticipate you’ll see something early next year. 

22 hours ago, graveydellic said:

straka Fry did Naples national + Calusa Pines in some capacity so the advertising angle is predictable. A club you can actually join that is similar in caliber to those two…most likely 6 figure initiation 

anybody have suggestions for a driving range near fort myers or Estero? Ok with being a national member at a “club” for a minimal initiation and monthly if that’s the best option. 

Edited by TennisAndGolf

6 hours ago, TennisAndGolf said:

straka Fry did Naples national + Calusa Pines in some capacity so the advertising angle is predictable. A club you can actually join that is similar in caliber to those two…most likely 6 figure initiation 

anybody have suggestions for a driving range near fort myers or Estero? Ok with being a national member at a “club” for a minimal initiation and monthly if that’s the best option. 

$500k initiation and calling it at 250 individual members. No tee times. Several celebrities and big names already confirmed joining. 

1 hour ago, StillCantPutt said:

$500k initiation and calling it at 250 individual members. No tee times. Several celebrities and big names already confirmed joining. 

That’s hilarious. Celebrities and big names can’t join calusa or hideout?

theyll pay 2-5x for some club that is a bunch of a drawings and renderings? 

13 hours ago, TennisAndGolf said:

That’s hilarious. Celebrities and big names can’t join calusa or hideout?

theyll pay 2-5x for some club that is a bunch of a drawings and renderings? 

Yes they will, When $500k is peanuts to them. The money down here is crazy. Name me the club in Naples you can walk write into for under 100K? There aren't any. Name me one private club in Naples without a multiyear waiting list? Aren't any....................

27 minutes ago, Robber6656 said:

Yes they will, When $500k is peanuts to them. The money down here is crazy. Name me the club in Naples you can walk write into for under 100K? There aren't any. Name me one private club in Naples without a multiyear waiting list? Aren't any....................

THIS - demand far far far far outweighs supply here. Calusa has a 10 year waitlist and places like Fiddler's Creek are charging $300K... with a multiyear waitlist. $500K to join the most exclusive club in SW Florida is peanuts.

I live in Fiddlers Creek. The developer held some memberships back for the houses he is building on the driving range.  Funny, everyone laughed at them when they came out at $125k equity memberships when it had 16 good holes, no clubhouse, and the slowest paspalum greens in Florida. When they got to 300k everyone stopped laughing. All the rich guys on Marco who couldn’t get in the Island jumped all over it. 

Played Royal Palm today. Precovid it was around 10k. Now it’s $80k. Nice condition, nice practice areas. So so course. Mind boggling. 

14 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

THIS - demand far far far far outweighs supply here. Calusa has a 10 year waitlist and places like Fiddler's Creek are charging $300K... with a multiyear waitlist. $500K to join the most exclusive club in SW Florida is peanuts.

Odds are more likely it never gets built instead of becoming “the most exclusive club in SW Florida”

by the time this is built, the peak will have passed…like opening a club in 2009. 

also laughable that you two (seemingly with interest / ties to this new club) act like any legitimate celebrity is getting turned away from Hideout or Calusa.

actual celebrities and average Joe who can pay the initiation are on different lists.