2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Mizuno wait time?

Hardline

16 hours ago, NZ315 said:

You better call on that. I ordered in January then found out this week they didn’t get my order until April 4th. Something happened not really sure but they are getting close. I am at 17weeks

I have been following up.  PreOrdered 2/1/22, then Mizuno had the ransomware issue for a few weeks.  Then they ran out of heads. The heads had to go to CC and they supposedly got them around 4/20.  They took 2 weeks to build them.  Then sent to fitter for final approval, which he sat on for 4-5 days.  Shipped to me 4/4, to be delivered 4/5, changed by UPS to 4/6, on truck for delivery but loaded on wrong truck which headed 400 miles in the wrong direction.  Rescheduled delivery now 5/12.  What else could go wrong?

20 hours ago, Micrys2 said:

I have been following up.  PreOrdered 2/1/22, then Mizuno had the ransomware issue for a few weeks.  Then they ran out of heads. The heads had to go to CC and they supposedly got them around 4/20.  They took 2 weeks to build them.  Then sent to fitter for final approval, which he sat on for 4-5 days.  Shipped to me 4/4, to be delivered 4/5, changed by UPS to 4/6, on truck for delivery but loaded on wrong truck which headed 400 miles in the wrong direction.  Rescheduled delivery now 5/12.  What else could go wrong?

It is almost comical at that point. At least they should be finally arriving this week for you. Good luck from what you hear around here they are worth the wait 

Talked to Mizuno today. Now my order thought to be placed in mid January that was actually received on 4/4. Was told last week they would be here Wednesday. Today I was told 3weeks before they get built. Then shipped so about a month before I get them at least. Unless something else happens? 😆 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I ordered 225s and T22s on Feb 5th. The irons came i. Last week with the WRONG shaft in them. They came with the LZ instead of the IO. I was sick of waiting so i just said close enough and played them. The wedges finally came in yesterday and they came in stock.... wrong grip wrong shaft. I already traded in my old  wedges and was told the only fix is to send them back to be fixed and be wedgeless for a few weeks.... beyond frustrating 

29 minutes ago, LFChuck said:

I ordered 225s and T22s on Feb 5th. The irons came i. Last week with the WRONG shaft in them. They came with the LZ instead of the IO. I was sick of waiting so i just said close enough and played them. The wedges finally came in yesterday and they came in stock.... wrong grip wrong shaft. I already traded in my old  wedges and was told the only fix is to send them back to be fixed and be wedgeless for a few weeks.... beyond frustrating 

ooof. I'd send it back and get it done right. Crossing fingers they'll sort the assembly process by the time they get to mine. Ordered 225s with Nippon 115 4/21. Standard everything to keep the mistakes to a minimum, hopefully.

I had a fitting this morning. I ended up  getting my best results with the Pro 223s. My top two shafts were DG 120 X100 and Modus Tour 120 X-flex. Standard length and 2 degrees upright.

Both shafts would work for me, but I think the Modus produced a better ball flight for me.

From reading this thread, I will probably be getting my irons in about 3 months if I were to order today?

On 5/5/2022 at 8:27 AM, KMED_30 said:

I never called Mizuno directly.  I know some here have and have said they can usually look up your order by the location of fitting and specs and stuff.  I ordered a fitted set through Golf Galaxy on 3/5 (5-PW + AW JPX Hot Metal Pro, standard lie, w/ +.5" Project X IO (110)).  I've only called Golf Galaxy and they either looked it up in their system or called Mizuno and got back to me.  As of two weeks ago, they were able to give me an accurate ship date of yesterday.  I'm happy to say that the clubs are currently (finally) out for delivery right now on a FedEx truck near me (in New England).  They shipped from Georgia yesterday.  A total of about an 8.5-week wait time.  

On 5/5/2022 at 11:15 AM, WiscoBoy said:

I have called(1-800-966-1211 Option #3 for Golf) a couple times and they were able to find my order using the Club name(My Club has only ordered 3 sets of Mizunos in 2022 so it hasn't been hard to fine mine) and my name. They do ask for an order number first so that would pry be the easiest thing to provide them.  The main reason I have been checking is to make sure none of my components end up getting backordered. When I called yesterday they said they were working on Orders from March 12-13. Seems it still take them some time between working on them and shipping them. Enjoy your new set! 

Thanks guys, called Mizuno today to see if any of the components were backordered, it took 3 minutes and was really simple. He asked for the name of where I ordered them, my name and date the order was placed. He verified it all and said they were 6 weeks in, so I should expected them to ship in two weeks.

I asked, just to confirm, that none of my components were

backordered and he said “at this moment no.”

I’ll call again in two weeks to see. 

• Like 1
[size=2]Taylormade M2 9.5* (‘17) - Alda Rogue Black 95MSI 70g-X
Taylormade V-Steel 15* - Aldila NV Proto 75g-X
Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 20* - UST Mamiya TSPX 85g-X
Srixon Z765 4i-9i - Nippon Modus 3 120x
Vokey 46.08 : 52.08 : 56.10 Spin Milled : 60.04
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 - 35.75"[/size]

5 hours ago, LFChuck said:

Yea thats beyond frustrating.  I don't understand how a top company like Mizuno can't read the fitting sheets correctly. This is what scares me, I ordered my stuff on 4/24 and called the other day. Guy said 6 weeks.  So in about 5 weeks in time, I'm going to call again when they process the order and make sure they have it correct again. I'm even gonna tell them to open the box and check. I got 225s and 221 combo set and t22 wedges with all the same modus 120x shafts and golf pride z grip logo down. Lol hopefully this is not an issue. 

Driver -  Callaway GBB Epic 9.5° -- Aldila ROGUE M.A.X. 75 X

3W - Callaway Rogue ST LS 15°-- Mitsubishi AV Tensei White 75 X

3H - Callaway Apex Hybrid 20°  -- Fujikura Speeder 865 X

Irons -  Mizuno Pro 225's 4-7 / 221's 8-PW -- Nippon Modus 120 X

Wedges - Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges - 50° (S Grind), 54° (S Grind), 58° (D Grind) -- Nippon Modus 120 X

Putter - Odyssey #7 Black Series

5 hours ago, Mmessina said:

I have a golfing outing on 5/21. And ordered my 225s on 3/21. Think I will receive them in time?  How’s everyone’s orders coming along. 

I ordered my 223 on 3/22 and they are shipping out next week according to Rodger Dunn when they called Mizuno

Edited by Tenkies
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SollyinGA said:

I had a fitting this morning. I ended up  getting my best results with the Pro 223s. My top two shafts were DG 120 X100 and Modus Tour 120 X-flex. Standard length and 2 degrees upright.

Both shafts would work for me, but I think the Modus produced a better ball flight for me.

From reading this thread, I will probably be getting my irons in about 3 months if I were to order today?

Yea seems about right.  They typically are saying 6-8 weeks if all the parts they have / shafts are not backordered.  

• Like 1

Wedges - Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges - 50° (S Grind), 54° (S Grind), 58° (D Grind) -- Nippon Modus 120 X

19 hours ago, Mmessina said:

I have a golfing outing on 5/21. And ordered my 225s on 3/21. Think I will receive them in time?  How’s everyone’s orders coming along. 

Your Quote could have came out of my mouth. I ordered my 225's on 3/21 (225 4-GW PX LZ 5.5 shafts) and have an outing on the 21st. I just called and they said they are in production this week (AKA Materials had been allocated with no Backorders).  He estimated that they would ship out by Wednesday at the latest.  If it follows that time line I would hope my club gets them on Friday. So If your order is on the same timeline as mine we should be both be able to play them in our events on the 21st. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2022 at 3:11 PM, NZ315 said:

Talked to Mizuno today. Now my order thought to be placed in mid January that was actually received on 4/4. Was told last week they would be here Wednesday. Today I was told 3weeks before they get built. Then shipped so about a month before I get them at least. Unless something else happens? 😆 

Now I talk to them today. Clubs are built and shipped out today. All but the 4iron. ProjectX LZ 6.0 - 4iron shaft is on back order. Shafts should be here 5/16

• Like 1

I know for all of us whom are waiting patiently for our Mizuno clubs.  Check this out !  Kind of gives you a behind the scenes look at the Mizuno factory.  The clubs are forged in Japan but assembled in the US plant here.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2022 at 9:39 AM, WiscoBoy said:

Your Quote could have came out of my mouth. I ordered my 225's on 3/21 (225 4-GW PX LZ 5.5 shafts) and have an outing on the 21st. I just called and they said they are in production this week (AKA Materials had been allocated with no Backorders).  He estimated that they would ship out by Wednesday at the latest.  If it follows that time line I would hope my club gets them on Friday. So If your order is on the same timeline as mine we should be both be able to play them in our events on the 21st. 

Let me know if you get any further updates. Hopefully they’re in by the 20th. Glad to hear you got the same setup. 

I ordered JPX Hot Metal Pro’s on 4/5 from Golftec. They initially told me three weeks turnaround time, lol. The Golftec guy started to get annoyed with me emailing him for updates. Thank you to those that posted the Mizuno phone number on this thread. I called, and they told me they are working on “mid-March” orders right now. This is my first time ordering fitted clubs, and I cannot wait for them to arrive. 

I was fitted for 223s a couple of days ago. I used the Mizuno club analyzer thingy that attaches to the shaft. 

I then tried the top suggestions. When looking into the wait times, I absolutely know I do not have the patience for this.

Luckily for me, my top shafts picks are fairly common. (DG 120 X100 and Modus Tour 120 X flex). I’m standard length, but with 2 degrees upright.

I’ve found several set on the auction site with clubs that I would just need to have bent upright.

100% I would prefer new clubs, but not if I have to wait half a year for them.

You guys are inspirational in waiting this long.

6 hours ago, Nick M said:

I know for all of us whom are waiting patiently for our Mizuno clubs.  Check this out !  Kind of gives you a behind the scenes look at the Mizuno factory.  The clubs are forged in Japan but assembled in the US plant here.

I recently moved, but I lived 10 mins from that warehouse for years before I moved. I can’t count how many times I drove past it.

• Like 1