Arccos new user questions

just had my first round with Arccos.  A couple questions for those experienced with this system...

1. when I'm in the middle of the round I wanted to review the previous hole while waiting on the next tee box, to make sure it was getting all the putts, etc.  However Arccos automatically advances the iphone app to the next hole where I'm waiting at the tee box there.  when I try to hit the number button for the previous hole I just played, it switches to that hole for about 0.5 seconds, then flashes immediately back to the current hole again.  I could not for the life of me figure out how I could review the previous or any other hole while in the middle of the round, in order to check its detection to make sure nothing missed.  At the end of the round I simply can't remember well enough to make those kinds of edits.  What am I missing?  how can I review and/or edit any other hole other then the one I might currently be located at while in the middle of the round?

2. anyone know if there is a way to deal with gimme tap in putts without having to pull the iphone out?

3. anyone know if arccos takes into consideration wind,slope,altitude, etc. while calculating smart distances?  I know the caddie feature must do that eventually presuming the smart distances themselves are accurate, but I'm looking at some of the smart distance numbers it came up with after my first round and realizing it allowed my downwind super 3W bomb to register as a 3W smart distance without any correction.  Just checking and wondering how any of you are dealing with that or what the logic and reasoning is.  I would think the smart distance calculation needs to be normalized to some kind of baseline, either sea level or perhaps the altitude of home course at a no-wind, flat slope value or some such.  But this does not appear to be the case...

4. Anyone know when we will be able to start importing our launch monitor carry distances?

5. The distance to the pin screen has 3 rows and 3 columns.  The three rows are front, middle, back.  The three columns are GPS for the first column and it's not clear what the second and third column are.  The third colum has an icon of wind, however the corrected distance in the second column seemed to already have the wind adjustment in it and the third column was really over corrected by a club...so I couldn't figure that out.  Anyone know the purpose of that third column?

thanks in advance

Mizuno JPX923 Tours

Ping and TaylorMade Hybrids

Taylor Made 4W and Driver

Scotty Cameron Fastback

Currently playing TP5, BRX, BX, AVX (still deciding)

I've used it every round for about a year, but only on my watch. So I can't answer 100% on everything but:

1- On the watch I can swipe to the left-most screen, see the score it recorded, and if it's wrong go in and change shots, penalties, or # of putts. Is there a scorecard section? It might let you edit from there

2- Again I usually just mark the PIN location on the green from the watch, and it will usually guess the correct number of putts. If it's incorrect I just change it

3- I don't believe so- for example it shows my long drive as 342.. I wish! I would assume that since it removes your biggest outliers and averages the remaining, that the difference is negligible 

4- No clue on this one. I can tell you after using it for a year or so, that it was pretty annoying not having a ton of data in the beginning. But now I probably wouldn't bother if I could.

5- middle column (green) is the smart distance, which accounts for slope and wind. The watch doesn't show the last column but looking at the app, I assume that is for gusts.

1.  On my phone i Just swipe back a hole

and Review/amend without issue. 

2.  I usually miss My putts anyway so havent figures that out. Seriously 

3. Pretty sure slop, wind are calculated. 

4. U want real world yardage. Not LM numbers!

once you get used to it…i think it is a great product. U will be able to quickly go back an amend your rounds.  

You have to want to spend a few minutes post round to fix a few things.  But how the heck is it supposed to figure out which club your hitting or how far your tap ins are near the hole when your carrying around 2 wedges and a putter???

13 hours ago, 3PuttLefty said:

1.  On my phone i Just swipe back a hole

and Review/amend without issue. 

2.  I usually miss My putts anyway so havent figures that out. Seriously 

3. Pretty sure slop, wind are calculated. 

4. U want real world yardage. Not LM numbers!

once you get used to it…i think it is a great product. U will be able to quickly go back an amend your rounds.  

You have to want to spend a few minutes post round to fix a few things.  But how the heck is it supposed to figure out which club your hitting or how far your tap ins are near the hole when your carrying around 2 wedges and a putter???

1 - Yea I have found with the iphone app if you SWIPE it back to another hole it seems to work.  If you press directly on a number to select the hole, it briefly switches and flashes right back.  So the key is make sure to swipe.  I think the app could use more work.  Thankfully they are receiving subscription money for that now.

2 - Yea I just don't want to bother having to tap in my 1 foot 2nd putts, which half the time doesn't register anyway because it's not a firm putt.  An improvement to the product would be some way to register the last putt using LINK or watch with one button press, not having to scroll around on the app and check the putts or add/delete putts, etc.  Just walk up to the pin, and do something quick to register that last tap in putt.  Found it annoying to have to either always tap in the last putt, too firmly, and making everyone wait while I fish it out of the hole....or having to pull out the iphone and add that putt.

3 - yes

4 - I want my LM carry numbers.  Obviously I'm not alone, which is why they are adding that feature sometime this year.  Just wondering when we might see that.  It will take a lot of rounds in order to get smart distances that make sense for my irons using arccos alone.  For one thing, I simply don't use some of my irons very often.  For another thing I often have to do 3/4 swings and so forth to manage shots, hit off uneven lies, into or out of wind, out of rough vs the fairway, etc..  Not to mention that I want my smart distance to not be taking into account fat and thin shots, which sometimes happen and can be filtered out.  I can filter out all those shots, but all I can say is that it will take dozens of rounds before Arccos alone will have my smart distances dialed.  But I can do two focused sessions with a LM and provide it a much better starting point for carry distances.  I'm fine if it wants to monitor me after that and adjust accordingly or tell me maybe where I'm coming up short on the course compared to LM data, etc..

I don't have good enough memory to edit anything after the round.  it has to be done after each hole.  

• Like 1

Mizuno JPX923 Tours

Ping and TaylorMade Hybrids

Taylor Made 4W and Driver

Scotty Cameron Fastback

Currently playing TP5, BRX, BX, AVX (still deciding)

Thinking back to when I used Arccos several years ago, I just can't imagine doing enough checking and editing to have clean and correct data without waiting until after the round. That would have been a LOT of time during the round head down and swiping on my phone (wearing sunglasses and a golf glove).