2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Final setup (for the week anyway)

IMG_9495.jpeg.6e79e0263aa570cafd124d90ad3ed091.jpegIMG_9488.jpeg.ab916af4ae9d6d077a10f6c2ac2436dd.jpegIMG_9494.jpeg.937aadb4a502c940bb6b180c754b3914.jpegIMG_9490.jpeg.753f4e96ac2938ada97cb510a615ead1.jpegIMG_9493.jpeg.cdf19886d96dea3ea1f8feafb7658d63.jpeg

Driver:

Titleist TSR3 10*

Graphite Design AD UB 6 S

Fairway:

Taylormade Stealth 2 15*

HZRDUS RDX Blue 70 6.0 

Hybrid:

Ping G430 HY 19*

Ventus Blue Velo 8S

Irons:

Titleist T200

4, 5 Modus 120S HSx1

Titleist T150

6-P Modus 120S HSx1

Wedges

Vokey SM9:

50.12F, 54.12D, WW 58.10V Modus 120X SSx1

Putter

Evnroll ER2V 

Ball: Chrome Soft X LS

• Like 4

Thoughts behind the setup:

Driver

Titleist TSR3 10* with Graphite Design AD UB 6S at 45.5

Fitting session results showed the TSR3 with the tightest dispersion and in a tie for longest average yardage for me. Subtle mid kick of the UB feels like it’s working for you while still feeling stable at my tempo and speed.

3 Wood

TaylorMade Stealth 2 15* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 43”

The 3 Wood is predominantly a tee club for me, and the standard Stealth 2 with its larger footprint and deeper face are perfect for that. Still works well off the fairway for me. This head/shaft combo gets it airborne quickly while keeping spin in a good window. Lead tape towards toe to slow face closure rate a fraction and bring swingweight up to D3 at 43”.

Hybrid

Ping G430 Hybrid 19* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 8S 40.5” 1* Flat

Forgiving and versatile, I use it off the tee, fairway, and light rough. Can hit it almost as long and high as a 5 wood, or can easily flight it down (which I can’t seem to do with lofted fairways) 1* flat helps eliminate the left side. Ventus Blue at this weight is a great blend of feel, control, and launch for me in a hybrid.

Irons (4,5)

Titleist T200 with Modus 120 S Hardstepped x1

For me, the T200 long irons look clean at address while their slightly longer blade length looks inviting for a long iron. Definitely notice the added forgiveness from the tech. Combo very naturally into the T150. Hardstep to tighten the Modus feel just a hair. 

Irons (6-PW)

Titleist T150 with Modus 120 S 

Hardstepped x1

Love the look of these at address and excellent amount of forgiveness for their size. Pre worn leading edge provides nice turf interaction. Modus 120 S hardstepped x1 feel great and provide a strong, predictable ball flight for me.

Wedges

SM9 50.12F, 54.12D, and WedgeWorks 58.10V with Modus 120 X Softstepped x1

I’m more comfortable hitting wedges with some forward shaft lean, and the higher bounce options and slightly more rounded leading edge of the SM9s allow me to do that without getting stuck in the ground. Did the ‘8 iron spinner’ shaft with the modus 120X soft stepped once. Fits very well with the irons in both feel and weight progression. 

Putter: 

Evnroll ER2V Long Plumber Neck

If I’m being honest, it is a nice feeling and looking putter, but not my favorite in either category. The face tech, weighting, and toe hang just seem to really suit my stroke. For me, it consistently outperforms everything else I put it up against.

Ball: 

Chrome Soft X LS

Feels great to me (firmness between Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X) and I average about 7-9 yards longer off the driver with it (vs Pro V1). Cuts through the wind very well and is straighter than just about anything else for me. Short game spin is a slightly less than most tour balls, but plenty to get the job done. 

Bag:

Nike Air Hybrid ‘21

Non-bulky 14 way with no club tangle issues. Has enough structure to it to work well riding or on a push cart, while being manageable to carry (albeit a bit heavy). Hope it holds up well.

Edited by Left-of-left
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

How is the gapping between the T150 PW and the SM9 gap wedge? I was just fitted for T150 and we held off on purchasing the set gap wedge, and we figured we could bend my current vokey 50* to 49*. But still in my head, I imagine the ball speed from a T150 PW to a Vokey Gap wedge is quite large.

LTDx LS 11.5* - Tensei White 65X

G430 Max 15* - Ping Chrome 75S

King Tec Hybrid 19* - MMT 80S

T150 4-PW - PX 6.5

SM8 50F, 54S, 60M

White Hot OG 7CH

12 hours ago, rsballer10 said:

How is the gapping between the T150 PW and the SM9 gap wedge? I was just fitted for T150 and we held off on purchasing the set gap wedge, and we figured we could bend my current vokey 50* to 49*. But still in my head, I imagine the ball speed from a T150 PW to a Vokey Gap wedge is quite large.

Exactly as you’re asking, I had my 50* strengthened to 49* so the progression from 9 iron is 40-44-49-54-58. The 9 to PW gap might be a tiny bit larger than the rest of the set on full swings, but I tend to hit most of my wedges 3/4 anyway and at that speed I don’t really notice it. I also tend to have some forward shaft lean at impact with partial wedges, so the high bounce F grind in the gap lets me comfortably do that without fear of digging. 

So it may depend a bit how you plan to use your gap wedge. 

On 9/30/2023 at 5:14 PM, Left-of-left said:

Thanks! I try to use what works best for me regardless of brand, just so happens to be a lot of Titleist this time around. Love the TM and Ping though. Great time to be an equipment junkie 😁

IMHO those are 2 big keys--- Being brand agnostic and playing what works for you

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

On 9/28/2023 at 7:52 PM, Left-of-left said:

Thoughts behind the setup:

Driver

Titleist TSR3 10* with Graphite Design AD UB 6S at 45.5

Fitting session results showed the TSR3 with the tightest dispersion and in a tie for longest average yardage for me. Subtle mid kick of the UB feels like it’s working for you while still feeling stable at my tempo and speed.

3 Wood

TaylorMade Stealth 2 15* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 43”

The 3 Wood is predominantly a tee club for me, and the standard Stealth 2 with its larger footprint and deeper face are perfect for that. Still works well off the fairway for me. This head/shaft combo gets it airborne quickly while keeping spin in a good window. Lead tape towards toe to slow face closure rate a fraction and bring swingweight up to D3 at 43”.

Hybrid

Ping G430 Hybrid 19* with Fujikura Ventus Blue 8S 40.5” 1* Flat

Forgiving and versatile, I use it off the tee, fairway, and light rough. Can hit it almost as long and high as a 5 wood, or can easily flight it down (which I can’t seem to do with lofted fairways) 1* flat helps eliminate the left side. Ventus Blue at this weight is a great blend of feel, control, and launch for me in a hybrid.

Irons (4,5)

Titleist T200 with Modus 120 S Hardstepped x1

For me, the T200 long irons look clean at address while their slightly longer blade length looks inviting for a long iron. Definitely notice the added forgiveness from the tech. Combo very naturally into the T150. Hardstep to tighten the Modus feel just a hair. 

Irons (6-PW)

Titleist T150 with Modus 120 S 

Hardstepped x1

Love the look of these at address and excellent amount of forgiveness for their size. Pre worn leading edge provides nice turf interaction. Modus 120 S hardstepped x1 feel great and provide a strong, predictable ball flight for me.

Wedges

SM9 50.12F, 54.12D, and WedgeWorks 58.10V with Modus 120 X Softstepped x1

I’m more comfortable hitting wedges with some forward shaft lean, and the higher bounce options and slightly more rounded leading edge of the SM9s allow me to do that without getting stuck in the ground. Did the ‘8 iron spinner’ shaft with the modus 120X soft stepped once. Fits very well with the irons in both feel and weight progression. 

Putter: 

Evnroll ER2V Long Plumber Neck

If I’m being honest, it is a nice feeling and looking putter, but not my favorite in either category. The face tech, weighting, and toe hang just seem to really suit my stroke. For me, it consistently outperforms everything else I put it up against.

Ball: 

Chrome Soft X LS

Feels great to me (firmness between Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X) and I average about 7-9 yards longer off the driver with it (vs Pro V1). Cuts through the wind very well and is straighter than just about anything else for me. Short game spin is a slightly less than most tour balls, but plenty to get the job done. 

Bag:

Nike Air Hybrid ‘21

Non-bulky 14 way with no club tangle issues. Has enough structure to it to work well riding or on a push cart, while being manageable to carry (albeit a bit heavy). Hope it holds up well.

Like the thinking through the bag.  I have some similar thoughts, including inspiration from the 8 iron spinner thread which has me switching wedge shafts soon.

• Like 1

D Cobra LTDx, OG HZ Black 62 6.5 3W OG Ping Rapture, OG HZ Black 75 6.0 20°H Ping G20, CTLX 4I Mizuno JPX 921 HMP, RIPα105X 5I Cobra F9, CTLX 5I-PW Mizuno MP-54, CTLX GW Nike VPC, V120X 54, 60 CBX Zipcore, V120X Cure RX4. WITB Link. CAD Designs on IG @joostin.golf

13 hours ago, Left-of-left said:

Exactly as you’re asking, I had my 50* strengthened to 49* so the progression from 9 iron is 40-44-49-54-58. The 9 to PW gap might be a tiny bit larger than the rest of the set on full swings, but I tend to hit most of my wedges 3/4 anyway and at that speed I don’t really notice it. I also tend to have some forward shaft lean at impact with partial wedges, so the high bounce F grind in the gap lets me comfortably do that without fear of digging. 

So it may depend a bit how you plan to use your gap wedge. 

Appreciate the response! Gap wedge is both 3/4 and full swings for me. I guess I'll just trust the process. Just waiting on my t150 to get built as we speak. Never been this excited for a set of irons before.

• Like 1

LTDx LS 11.5* - Tensei White 65X

G430 Max 15* - Ping Chrome 75S

King Tec Hybrid 19* - MMT 80S

T150 4-PW - PX 6.5

SM8 50F, 54S, 60M

White Hot OG 7CH

7 hours ago, Left-of-left said:

I’m listing a launch monitor average for the hybrid at a PGA Tour Superstore sim,  so probably safe to knock 5 yards off that in real conditions. I’m 108mph CHS with the driver just for reference. 

same  here. I have a trackman and only can get 142 ball speed with the hybrid. 103-111 driver swing speed depending on how hard I’m swinging. 

On 10/18/2023 at 10:42 PM, ovodeano said:

same  here. I have a trackman and only can get 142 ball speed with the hybrid. 103-111 driver swing speed depending on how hard I’m swinging. 

Just looked back at my average from last time on the sim with it: 97.3 CHS, 145.1 ball speed, 11.5 launch, 3990 spin 224.1 carry, 240.2 total. Seemed in the ballpark of what I would expect, but I’ll admit to sometimes falling into the trap of swinging a bit harder in the sim than I do on the course. 🤷🏼‍♂️