What does Arccos have brewing? (Arccos Link Pro)

If link pro is a game changer, I would consider buying or investing in the Arccos ecosystem. I’m still on fence even after the glowing review of BreakingEighty’s review on YT of how good Arccos is with Apple Watch Ultra.  That almost sold me.  In fact, it did sell me. Until I started reading other reviews about so many missed shots.  I’m still kind of wanting to move forward with it with the Apple Watch.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

2 hours ago, Minarets said:

If link pro is a game changer, I would consider buying or investing in the Arccos ecosystem. I’m still on fence even after the glowing review of BreakingEighty’s review on YT of how good Arccos is with Apple Watch Ultra.  That almost sold me.  In fact, it did sell me. Until I started reading other reviews about so many missed shots.  I’m still kind of wanting to move forward with it with the Apple Watch.

I got tired of fighting with the link and gave up on Arccos and cancelled my subscription, sold the link but kept my sensors. After reading great reports with the Apple Watch I decided to give it another go because I love the data and the Caddie feature.
 I restarted my subscription last fall and have been very happy with the performance vs the link or iphone. The only problem has been the lack of battery life of my aging series 6 Apple Watch. I usually have to hand off to my phone on the 16th or 17th hole. I’m hoping the Link Pro will allow me to hand off shot detection and GPS so I can save my watch battery and just use it in rangefinder mode. 
We’ll see…🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, TxMike3 said:

I got tired of fighting with the link and gave up on Arccos and cancelled my subscription, sold the link but kept my sensors. After reading great reports with the Apple Watch I decided to give it another go because I love the data and the Caddie feature.
 I restarted my subscription last fall and have been very happy with the performance vs the link or iphone. The only problem has been the lack of battery life of my aging series 6 Apple Watch. I usually have to hand off to my phone on the 16th or 17th hole. I’m hoping the Link Pro will allow me to hand off shot detection and GPS so I can save my watch battery and just use it in rangefinder mode. 
We’ll see…🤷‍♂️

Happy to hear good things about Apple Watch. I have the ultra battery life should not be a concern. Glad to hear that it picks up shots. Well maybe I’m being drawn back in😊 

Apple Watch Ultra made Arccos usable for a full round of golf, and then some. No more phone handoffs, has the pin mark feature, but you have to keep a close eye. After each hole I do the bookkeeping and move on, otherwise I’m SOL, because even though it has approximate areas it thinks might have been a shot, on a slow course that gets old quick. 

No Link upgrade program? No purchase. Stick with the watch until some early adopter decides the link pro isn’t worth it and dumps on eBay. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2024 at 2:29 PM, Skydiver22 said:

Ordered it on the 24th... no updates since.

I've sent two emails asking for shipping info and have been ghosted.

The website yesterday said they were sold out and new shipment's were going out on Feb 01st...

Today it says Feb 8th.  They are terrible with CS... I just want what I ordered last week, the first day they sold them....

Arrived last night... It synced up immediately and fully charged in a couple of hours. Threw it in the bag and we will see how it goes on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

PING G425 Max       10.5* Tensei  AV Blue 60 gram X flex
PING G425 Max       16.5* TD AD TP 80 gram X flex
PING G425 19*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING G425 22*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING i230                  5-PW     w/ PX LZ 6.0 Black out shafts (+ 1/4”)
Titleist SM 9 raw        50*/54*/58* PX LZ 6.0  Black out shaft (+ 1/4”)

Odyssey                     AI One  Seven CH

BULLPEN

TM Rossi   M-21 Reserve and Odyssey Tri Hot      5k Seven CH   

Mine arrived yesterday and I was able to get a round in with it today.  It paired with my phone very quickly and the yardage updates seem much faster than when just using my watch.

As hoped I was able to hand off GPS and shot detection from my watch to the Link Pro and just use my watch for yardages.  After going thru the round after I got home I only found one approach shot that it missed.

One thing I haven't figured out is the pin position button.  On mine the "click" of the button is almost imperceptible.  How can you check to see if it pin position was actually marked?

• Thanks 1

Bummer this isn’t a SkyCaddie type GPS device. I had Arccos during two seasons and missed shots were a hassle. Their app gps was buggy at times. I tried my Apple Watch and it was good but inconsistent. The link was my best fit for recording shots but gps was lacking in some courses with more trees. 

I found it easy to use a laser and quickly jot down my lie and yardages, then I’d calculate SG after a round. 

6 hours ago, Miker20890 said:

How do you setup using the link for shot detection and have the Apple Watch just display the distances? 

It’s really pretty easy.  Just open the Arrcos app on your watch when you’re starting the round (be sure it stays lit) and syncing the link and your phone. Once the round is started and the first hole comes up the yardages will pop up on your watch.  Be sure to turn off “Watch GPS” in settings on your watch. This article on Arccos Support explains it:

https://support.arccosgolf.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036851611-Apple-Watch-Rangefinder-Mode

I used mine for a second round yesterday and was really happy with the way it worked and with the accuracy of the shot tracking post-round. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2024 at 9:15 AM, Skydiver22 said:

Arrived last night... It synced up immediately and fully charged in a couple of hours. Threw it in the bag and we will see how it goes on Saturday.

Used it yesterday... worked perfectly for 8 holes... every shot and putt tracked, pin automatically updated when i pressed the button... I had a buddy check his green once I pressed the button on the green.  Then.... disconnected and I could not get it back. ended up with the phone in my pocket for 11 holes.  Not good Bob, not good.  Lets see what next week brings.

My phone is an iphone 15 pro max

2nd gen screw in sensors

Link pro

• Confused 1

PING G425 Max       10.5* Tensei  AV Blue 60 gram X flex
PING G425 Max       16.5* TD AD TP 80 gram X flex
PING G425 19*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING G425 22*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING i230                  5-PW     w/ PX LZ 6.0 Black out shafts (+ 1/4”)
Titleist SM 9 raw        50*/54*/58* PX LZ 6.0  Black out shaft (+ 1/4”)

Odyssey                     AI One  Seven CH

BULLPEN

TM Rossi   M-21 Reserve and Odyssey Tri Hot      5k Seven CH   

• 2 weeks later...

Any more reviews 

I broke down after getting a promo code. Supposed to resume shipping March 1. So much for my resolve on upgrade or bust. I’ll eBay the old one and see if I can get $50. I wouldn’t mind not wearing my Watch, as it always is hitting buttons. I did flip the orientation of my watch today and will see if I still want the link after. Won’t be on the course for a while, but my watch triggers Siri and emergency services regularly. Hope the flip will prevent that. 

I also wouldn’t mind ditching a watch altogether so we’ll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

Curious if anyone has tried taking the band off of an Apple Watch Ultra and using it in your front pocket like the new Link Pro or used an armband to have it up by your bicep? Similar to how some of the PGA guys where Whoop on bicep. Yes, I realize interacting with it on bicep might not be ideal. Just asking if anyone has tried either of these methods. Thanks. 

• Like 1

They are now offering a $50 discount for the Link Pro for people using the original Link, which makes it a little more interesting, especially if I could additionally defray the cost by selling the original Link. 
Has anyone who used the original Link upgraded and can compare the performance of the two? I’d probably only do it if the shot tracking seems significantly better (original Link does fine, but misses more putts than I’d like, and adds shots sometimes when I set a club down on or next to the green). The ability to keep it in the pocket and charge less frequently is nice, but it’s probably not worth it to me for the cost just for that.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

3 Jack Par, 

That is kind of why I was asking the question. The tracking with the Apple Watch Ultra has been pretty much spot on aside from putting, but that is just user error from tap ins or trying the same putt a couple times after missing it. Assuming the Link Pro is just a mini processor with a microphone and a GPS.....like the Apple Watch Ultra. I'll test my Apple Watch Ultra in my pocket or arm band at some point. Just wondered if anyone has tried it yet. Just not a fan of wearing a watch while playing. Assuming that is why some of the tour pros have also moved Whoop from wrist to bicep band. Just preference and comfort. 

• Like 1

Do you still pay the subscription fee right after you buy the sensors? Or after a year??

On 2/25/2024 at 12:28 PM, Golfcrzy said:

I broke down after getting a promo code. Supposed to resume shipping March 1. So much for my resolve on upgrade or bust. I’ll eBay the old one and see if I can get $50. I wouldn’t mind not wearing my Watch, as it always is hitting buttons. I did flip the orientation of my watch today and will see if I still want the link after. Won’t be on the course for a while, but my watch triggers Siri and emergency services regularly. Hope the flip will prevent that. 

I also wouldn’t mind ditching a watch altogether so we’ll see how it goes. 

Swapping watch orientation did basically nothing for me. Still hitting buttons with my wrist. 

Hope Arccos will give me the $50 discount - where did you see that @3_Jack_Par

Just ordered the sensors. Have the AW Utra.  Going to give it a go first before considering the link pro

I’ve been using original Link for at least a year (maybe two). Two weeks ago I got a Link Pro …. The battery case was something I wanted!

Until now, I’m very disappointed with the Pro, depending on you shorts or pants fabrics, it loses a LOT of shots …… 

Played a round today, it was not that bad…… it lost something around 8 shots ……. Yestearday was REALLY bad, every hole it was missing a shot. Looks like its not been able to hear the shots depending on my clothes.

Talking with CS, they dont have a solution, best answer was to wait for some clip to hold it outside the pocket like the original link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Golfcrzy said:

Swapping watch orientation did basically nothing for me. Still hitting buttons with my wrist. 

Hope Arccos will give me the $50 discount - where did you see that @3_Jack_Par

Got this email—It sounds like you need to be a current subscriber, but I’m not totally sure

image.jpeg.ac848b7ae0b5871c59967ced32385810.jpeg

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

19 hours ago, rubensnaves said:

I’ve been using original Link for at least a year (maybe two). Two weeks ago I got a Link Pro …. The battery case was something I wanted!

Until now, I’m very disappointed with the Pro, depending on you shorts or pants fabrics, it loses a LOT of shots …… 

Played a round today, it was not that bad…… it lost something around 8 shots ……. Yestearday was REALLY bad, every hole it was missing a shot. Looks like its not been able to hear the shots depending on my clothes.

Talking with CS, they dont have a solution, best answer was to wait for some clip to hold it outside the pocket like the original link.

Yikes, so one of the primary benefits they're touting doesn't even work? 

4 hours ago, Golfcrzy said:

Wow! 

That’s a major fail, if true throughout, that it doesn’t work in pocket. Literally the only reason to get it. 

(Arccos did credit me the $50, which is good on them)

Surely they tested this in a pocket before releasing it?

I ordered the free sensors through a purchase of my taylor-made clubs. They’ve already told me my subscription will start after the 45 days and the specific billing day. But I haven’t seen any shipping notice for the sensors. I assume they’ll just show up?

Edited by Minarets

I’ve had the Link Pro for several weeks and used it four to six rounds and have only missed a hand full of shots other than putts.

That said, my love/hate relationship with Arrcos continues. Last week I removed my sensors and left everything at home choosing to make life simpler.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Link Pro arrived today. Charging case is well built, but bulky. Link Pro is plasticy and cheap feeling. Its predecessor was also plasticy but has a nicer finish that’s softer/grippier to the touch. The original’s hole mark button is also much larger and easier to hit. Will reserve further judgment till the ground dries out. 

Took a few photos for your reference, and included a standard of a store gift card for size. 

Best feature I can tell so far? USB-C but you have to use the case. 

IMG_1378.jpeg

IMG_1379.jpeg

IMG_1380.jpeg

Edited by Golfcrzy

Sensors just arrived.  Hope for a good experience.  😬