What does Arccos have brewing? (Arccos Link Pro)

Something new from Arccos coming. "My pocket gets an upgrade." Must be referring to Link? I wonder what Link 3 could include.

image.png.2a7035eaf1582d0cfbfce28fe0e5eb07.png

Edited by GwrxMod
  • Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 9* | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX PVD 60 6.0, Golf Pride MCC red/black

Fairway Finder: Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5*  | stock

Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2 HD 3W 16*  | Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX PVD 70 6.0, Golf Pride MCC red/black

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 HD 3H 20*  | Fujikura Vista Pro 2021 Hybrid 70 Stiff, Golf Pride MCC red/black

Irons: Titleist T350 (5 & 6) T200 (7-GW)  | KBS Tour-V Stiff, Lamkin Crossline black

Wedges: Vokey 54/10S & 58/08M flat black  | Dynamic Gold Black Onyx S200, Golf Pride MCC gold/black 

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 1  | Stock shaft, Super Stroke Tour 3.0 red/white/blue grip

Ball: Taylormade TP5x flag pix, Titleist Pro V1x

Tech: Arccos Caddy

Does that have a screen? Maybe combo of Link and basic GPS?

DriverCobra Radspeed XB | Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S
3 WoodCobra Radspeed |Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

5 WoodCobra Radspeed | Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

3 IronMizuno MP225 | Mitsubishi MMT 105S

4-5 IronMizuno MP225 | KBS $-Taper 120

6-PMizuno MP223 | KBS $-Taper 120

52° & 58°Cobra Snakebite |KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter - 2022 Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten

Interesting.  

Currently using Link and wouldn't be using Arccos without it since I don't want anything in my front pocket when I play.  Better microphone might be an upgrade and I do tend to miss a shot or two when I have a few layers on.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Looks like a good option. Not a priority purchase for me, but I can see picking one up.

I’ve got a link and an Apple ultra. Haven’t used the link since the watch. Bought it for dirt cheap as a backup in case battery dies. 

It would be a nice upgrade if you can keep in pocket and don’t need to have it outside your belt. Sweater goes over the link and miss shots. Falls off belt and don’t realize and hope the tracking works. 

One less micro usb device? Cool. 

I'd be interested to try this as I've noticed the original Link Caddie is off by sometimes 20-40yds (shifted laterally) compared to my Garmin watch (which is pretty much the gold standard in GPS accuracy). This means sometimes I have to go in and edit shots to tell it I was in a bunker rather than on the green etc. with an approach shot. If this solves the missed shot detections on second/third putts I would definitely be tempted to upgrade.

• Like 1

G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º) - G425 4 Hybrid - i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz1

• GwrxMod changed the title to What does Arccos have brewing? (Arccos Link Pro)
3 hours ago, Golfcrzy said:

I honestly don’t know how to play with Arccos and not use my phone. If I don’t update my score on the hole, I forget everything relevant. 

I like to have my phone linked, but leave it in the cart and double check shots/putts after I finish the hole. 

There's a fair bit of annoyance that Arccos aren't offering any sort of trade in/discount for existing users of the Link as it sounds as if this primarily fixes known Link problems (GPS inaccuracy, missed putts etc.). It's a shame, as I would likely bite at $100 but not $200.

G430 Max 10K (10.5º) - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º) - G425 4 Hybrid - i230 5-UW - RTX6 54º and 58º - LAB Golf Mezz1

Investments being spent on areas where it doesn't need to be... The sensors are archaic. Make them smaller and more reliable. The app performance has gone down in the past two years. Last I heard they were hurting bad and looking to do another round of investors. The PGA Tour deal they got is absolutely meaningless and would not being in any investment funds, the opposite, actually. Their social media presence is non-existent and never garners more than 150 "likes" on IG with over 43k followers. I don't think they'll be around much longer.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 7:20 AM, Rearviewmirror said:

There's a fair bit of annoyance that Arccos aren't offering any sort of trade in/discount for existing users of the Link as it sounds as if this primarily fixes known Link problems (GPS inaccuracy, missed putts etc.). It's a shame, as I would likely bite at $100 but not $200.

$50 more and you can get an Apple Watch SE that is more accurate, more reliable (I'll guarantee that), and is not a single trick device. This was a bonehead move by them.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

$50 more and you can get an Apple Watch SE that is more accurate, more reliable (I'll guarantee that), and is not a single trick device. This was a bonehead move by them.

I'm a Garmin watch user so don't think I'll go the Apple Watch route. I'm currently working on them with some other issues I'm seeing - I'm not sure if my Link Gen 2 is contributing to that... I love the SG data I get with Arccos, I just wish the GPS was more accurate and it didn't miss all my second/third putts.

Ordered it on the 24th... no updates since.

I've sent two emails asking for shipping info and have been ghosted.

The website yesterday said they were sold out and new shipment's were going out on Feb 01st...

Today it says Feb 8th.  They are terrible with CS... I just want what I ordered last week, the first day they sold them....

PING G425 Max       10.5* Tensei  AV Blue 60 gram X flex
PING G425 Max       16.5* TD AD TP 80 gram X flex
PING G425 19*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING G425 22*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING i230                  5-PW     w/ PX LZ 6.0 Black out shafts (+ 1/4”)
Titleist SM 9 raw        50*/54*/58* PX LZ 6.0  Black out shaft (+ 1/4”)

Odyssey                     AI One  Seven CH

BULLPEN

TM Rossi   M-21 Reserve and Odyssey Tri Hot      5k Seven CH   

4 hours ago, Skydiver22 said:

The website yesterday said they were sold out and new shipment's were going out on Feb 01st...

Today it says Feb 8th.  They are terrible with CS... I just want what I ordered last week, the first day they sold them....

Their CS used to be great. That has dropped off considerably the past couple of years.

16 hours ago, Skydiver22 said:

I just got a shipping notification for mine. 

On 1/27/2024 at 7:20 AM, Rearviewmirror said:

I've been using the original Link since shortly after it came out, and I'm among those who would probably upgrade if they offered some sort of trade-in program, but absent that, and at the current cost, it's not worth it to me. I would like to be able to keep it in my pocket instead of wearing it on my belt (belt clip just feels kind of dorky). But $225 to essentially replicate what the Link that I already have does is not something I'm really going to consider. Maybe I've been lucky, but the original Link seems to do a pretty good job picking up most shots and I haven't noticed any major accuracy issues. It does have problems when it gets really windy, though. I wonder if that's something that's supposed to be better with the new version?

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I had the original link but when the Apple Watch capability came out I sold the Link and have been happy with the watch since. Now after over a year my Series 6 watch battery is dying by the end of the round so I thought I’d give the Link Pro a try. I ordered it early this week and got an email today that it’s been shipped. 
My question is that I like having the yardages on my watch so I’m wondering about running another app that doesn’t need my phone for just yardages and the Link Pro for collecting Arccos data. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TxMike3 said:

I had the original link but when the Apple Watch capability came out I sold the Link and have been happy with the watch since. Now after over a year my Series 6 watch battery is dying by the end of the round so I thought I’d give the Link Pro a try. I ordered it early this week and got an email today that it’s been shipped. 
My question is that I like having the yardages on my watch so I’m wondering about running another app that doesn’t need my phone for just yardages and the Link Pro for collecting Arccos data. 

I have not bought Arccos but I’m a nerd and I have certainly considered it. I have an Apple Watch Ultra too. Is it really all you need? I see a lot of link owners but maybe they don’t own Apple watches. Does the Apple Watch do a good enough job picking up? I do keep my phone in my front pocket while playing.  

I think if I needed the sensors, the monthly service and a 220+ dollar link system I don’t think I’d be interested.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Interesting update, but I wasn't a fan of the overall product (used for less than a year then deactivated account).  Honestly, it was too distracting for me on the course (having to look at my phone to confirm shots / putts).

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Paradym 10.5* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 Stiff

Fairways:  Callaway Paradym 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Irons:  Cobra Forged TEC 4-PW with KBS Tour Stiff

Wedges:  Callaway Jaws Raw Plasma 50, 54 & 58

Putter:  Scotty Phantom X 5.5

I was the same until the Watch capability came out.  Now it rarely if ever misses shots and it’s very quick and easy to check and edit the number of putts on the fly. 
if I don’t like the Link Pro maybe I’ll sell it and upgrade my Apple Watch to the Ultra which has more battery capacity. 

Edited by TxMike3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TxMike3 said:

I was the same until the Watch capability came out.  Now it rarely if ever misses shots and it’s very quick and easy to check and edit the number of putts on the fly. 
if I don’t like the Link Pro maybe I’ll sell it and upgrade my Apple Watch to the Ultra which has more battery capacity. 

My ultra lasts almost 3 days.   Love it. If its microphone picks up sensors well, I’m all in.  Obviously won’t last that long if you run a golf round through it but your watch won’t die after round of golf that’s for sure.

Edited by Minarets

17 hours ago, Minarets said:

I have not bought Arccos but I’m a nerd and I have certainly considered it. I have an Apple Watch Ultra too. Is it really all you need? I see a lot of link owners but maybe they don’t own Apple watches. Does the Apple Watch do a good enough job picking up? I do keep my phone in my front pocket while playing.  

I think if I needed the sensors, the monthly service and a 220+ dollar link system I don’t think I’d be interested.

Apple watch is a non-starter for me. I don't really like wearing a watch generally, and especially when swinging a club. That's why the link was appealing to me -- way less bulky than keeping my phone in my pocket during the round, and the Link's ability to mark the pin location just by pressing a button was a huge improvement over needing to do it by taking out my phone and doing it in the app on every green.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

10 minutes ago, 3_Jack_Par said:

Apple watch is a non-starter for me. I don't really like wearing a watch generally, and especially when swinging a club. That's why the link was appealing to me -- way less bulky than keeping my phone in my pocket during the round, and the Link's ability to mark the pin location just by pressing a button was a huge improvement over needing to do it by taking out my phone and doing it in the app on every green.

See, I weary the Ultra for everything.  And believe you can do the same for the pin with it.  Just push a button while standing near the hole.  I already play with my phone in my pocket, so no big deal. Seems like a winner for me.

1 hour ago, Minarets said:

See, I weary the Ultra for everything.  And believe you can do the same for the pin with it.  Just push a button while standing near the hole.  I already play with my phone in my pocket, so no big deal. Seems like a winner for me.

Yes, from what I understand, the Link would be redundant with the Apple Watch. With either the watch or Link, you don't need to have your phone in your pocket if you don't want to have it there when you play.

• Thanks 1