True Temper Dynamic Gold SL

Gxgolfer

Introducing the Revolutionary New Dynamic Gold Superlite Look closely and you will see the same heritage, performance and consistency of the most celebrated shaft in the history of professional golf....Dynamic Gold. However at 20% lighter, Dynamic Gold SL combines identical playability and feel of the original with the performance advantages of a superlite design.

None have been successful... until now.

Recent advances in True Temper’s S3 proprietary superlite alloy technology have made it possible to create a superlite shaft with the tip strength necessary to perform like the original. Dynamic Gold SL features identical ball flight, control, and feel as well as the identical appearance of Dynamic Gold. However, at 20% lighter than the original, its superlite design promotes increased clubhead speed and improved distance.

S3 is a proprietary superlite alloy technology developed by True Temper that allows us to push the limits of what was once thought possible in gold shaft design.

Until now, producing a superlite shaft with the same tour-proven characteristics of Dynamic Gold was impossible. True Temper’s continued focus on technological advancements has made this revolutionary product a reality.

* Identical appearance and performance as Dynamic Gold

* Over 20 grams lighter than Dynamic Gold (106g vs 128g)

* Increased clubhead speed for added distance

* Trimmed weight below 100 grams

Player Profile – Professionals and low-to-mid handicap amateurs seeking the tour-proven playability of Dynamic Gold with the benefits of a superlite design.

Clubmaker Highlight:

The balance point of Dynamic Gold SL allows a clubmaker to reshaft a set of Dynamic Gold irons at the same finished length with no change in swingweight!

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I don't care for the sl shafts. I have a set of xtours which came fitted with dgr300. I sent them back to callaway to be fitted with dg s300sl 1/2 inch longer. I don't know what the swingweight is but they were d2 before when standard length so guessed they would be d2 or heavier with sl shafts 1/2 inch longer. They are too light, I would guess d0, maybe d1. Feel horrible now, so back with my mp33's with s400. ( heavy clubs ) Callaway's service dept is very good though, reshafted and fitted new grips very cheaply.

• 2 weeks later...

i had these shafts installed in my irons(soft stepped them to soften them up) my driver swing speed is 105

first they felt a little light than i added some lead tape to my irons and they are working great

Taylormade M2 - 9.5*
Taylormade M4 - 16.5*
Callaway Steelhead III 21*
Callaway Apex Tour 4-A wedge 
Callaway Mack Daddy 56 & 60
Mcgregor Bobby Grace M5K (lh)

• 1 year later...

Great shafts here folks. I have tried a few iron shafts, DG S-300, S-400, X-100, Project X 6.0s, and Rifles. These are the first shaft I feel I can say totally fit me. I have the kick point & dispersion of DG X-100 but the lighter static weight really helps me. I am not an OAP either, 21 year old student but taking those 25-30 grams away made all the difference for me.

Callaway TC Epic with GD DI7 

Callaway TC Epic 15* Fuji Pro 95
TM R7 ALE 7 Wood Fuji Pro 95
Titleist T200 2 iron / Titleist T100S 4 - 9 AMT White 
National Custom Works 49* 54* 59* DG S400
Scotty Camreon ButtonBack

• 3 months later...

These are the shafts that I always will use, that is until I get to use the DG R300 SL. The weight of these stretched out over 18 holes is a bunch. Before when I used the DG S-300 I would hit a small bucket (45-55 balls) and then go play 18. It was right around the 15th or 16th hole where fatigue would set in. I first tried them in some Callaway X-Tours that Callaway™ re-shafted for FREE due to the clubs being a retirement gift from the POLICE dep't. where I worked. (Bad back and worse neck) Now any iron I get HAS to have this shaft.

I did try the BlackGold and those were heavy, too heavy for me. I think these are the BEST and I believe that I have the absolute BEST set of irons, for me, and those are the Srixon I-506 shafted w/DGSL shafts.

5+++

• 5 months later...

Thinking of getting these in my next irons, probably Titliest AP1s or 775s or CG Reds. Have the True Temper Action Lite in my Cleveland TA5's right now. Will I notice a pretty big difference in performance? I was at the True Temper website and saw these weigh the same as Action Lite, but figured there must be something different between the two shafts.

^^I went from TA5s w/stiff flex ActionLite shafts to TA7s w/R300SL. Much more penetrating ballflight w/ the DGSL - the ActionLite tended to balloon.

That's good news. I have noticed that I've been hitting my 7-pw reallly high lately. The 3-6 seem to be a good trajectory. Why did you make the shift from Stiff in the ActionLite to Regular in DGSL? Are they more equal than a stiff-to-stiff transition would be?

could it be a difference in the head as well? arent the ta5 and 7's slightly different?

i'm debating between the nippons 1050 and the dg s300 SL. My ball flight is a little higher then I would like with my PX, but it still penetrates. Wondering if either the 1050 or the DGSL would lower the flight a little.

Why did you make the shift from Stiff in the ActionLite to Regular in DGSL? Are they more equal than a stiff-to-stiff transition would be?

Demoed some irons on the range and compared R300 to S300. Not sure what my swing speed is but my 7 iron is about 150 yds (carry). Just took a chance with the DGSL and picked up the TA7s for a deal on eBay.

For me, the DGSL regular flex is much stiffer than the Actionlite stiff flex. I have a stock TA7 gap wedge w/ the Actionlite regular flex and it's okay for most shots (for now), but if I swing more than say 80%, it really balloons.

• 2 months later...

The SL's do have a stiffer tip section. I have gone from Nippon 1150GH Tours to TFR's to PX 6.0 and back and forth with S300's. I am now playing a set of 695CB's with DG S300 SL and very happy with them. I get the ball flight of DG and I personally believe a tighter dispersion from the stiffer tip section. They do feel somewhat different than S300's, but I can still feel the load and release as with the DG's. This is my favorite shaft amongst what seemingly is becoming a mind boggling aray of features and benefits of way to many shafts. Beyond that, though PX is popular on the tours and a very fine shaft, the DG is the overwhelming choice. FWIW

BTW, 6 iron speed for me is 85-86 and i hit my 7 from 150-160. That has remained the same with all the shafts.

• 2 months later...

I just got the DGSL R300 for a new trial iron set that i'm working on.

I'm currently playing NSPRO 950 stiff in my irons.

I hope I made the right choice on the DGSL R300s, (getting them rather than the DGSL S300s) people I've talked to say that they play same flex as the NSPRO Stiff, is this true? I really don't have any idea.

My 150 club is also the 7 iron

• 2 months later...

I can be all over the place with these shafts in my MP-60s. High and left is the common miss. And whereas I started to think that this was just my normal miss due to a bad swing, I took out my Rac LT's with Rfile 5.0s for the first round with them in over 2 years, and putting the same swing on them as I have been with my 60s, I couldn't hit the ball off line. There was no hint of hook. Barely a draw, even. I could align myself to the target and just hit the ball there. Whereas this was a great feeling, it really brought to light the fact that the SLs are NOT good for my swing (or my MP-60s with my swing). Too light, I guess. And I must be overpowering the flex. The result is a lot of inconsistency.

YMMV.

/< / /2 /<

• 4 weeks later...

installed them in my iron six month ago as recommended by my fitter...i was looking to lower my trajectory as my launch angle is quite high hence losing some distance. Hit my 7i around 140m - 7i SS 83mph.

I found that they're a little to light for me (my 6i is 87 grams) causing me oftenly lose my swing tempo. Though i achieved my target of lowering the shot trajectory, i lost the feel of the club which for is extremely important for me. Imagine it this way, its like a shoe that fits you but u don't really feel comfortable in it.

Its a shaft for the swingers not the hitters.

• 1 month later...

Great shafts! Installed them in all my irons, MP Fli-Hi's, MP-57's and MP wedges. They played a little soft so I went with X flex vice S. Same great ball flight as the True Temper Dynamic Golds but without the weight and I picked up another 10 yards because of that. Like with all shaft changes, you need some time to adjust which was about a month for me.

Handicap:  3

I have the 300SL's in my 755's - nice light shaft, stiff but not harsh, provides low-mid ball flight.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

Titleist TS2 10.5*

Titleist 917F2 15*

Titleist 818H1 19*

Titleist 716 AP2 4-P

Vokey SM7’s: 50.12F, 56.14F, 60.08M

Odyssey Black Series 3

Round things with a bunch of dimples and scrapes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently fitted a couple of KZG demo irons with DG SL shafts. The club and shaft feel great though it takes getting used to a stepped shaft design. However, there are not a lot of choices at the 106 g weight range, given that I am moving from graphite to light steel. Are there any pros or cons of stepped shafts that I should worry about?

Thanks for your feedback folks.

cheers

Sunil

Hey guys, I've been looking for a new shaft for my mp67's. I've got the rifle 6.0's but the weight has never really felt right, and the trajectory seems to be to high, and as a result I feel I have lost distance. My swing speed with the driver is 112, so I don't think the shafts are too stiff. I know I'm playing blades, but I use to bomb the pw around 135, no I struggle to get 115. I've always felt like i have to over swing these things to get the distance, but you know how that goes. I'm wondering if these sl's are possibly a way to go. The weight and trajectory appeals to me. If anyone has any input or other options it would be great.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='auggiewest' timestamp='1139165990' post='111085']
i had these shafts installed in my irons(soft stepped them to soften them up) my driver swing speed is 105
first they felt a little light than i added some lead tape to my irons and they are working great
[/quote] How do you know how many grams of lead tape you're putting on the shaft? Which lead tape is the best? What is the difference in ball flight and traj., compared to the DG S300? Is the trajectory much higher? Thanks.

[quote name='1018CS' timestamp='1178798494' post='558546']
Great shafts here folks. I have tried a few iron shafts, DG S-300, S-400, X-100, Project X 6.0s, and Rifles. These are the first shaft I feel I can say totally fit me. I have the kick point & dispersion of DG X-100 but the lighter static weight really helps me. I am not an OAP either, 21 year old student but taking those 25-30 grams away made all the difference for me.
[/quote] Hey bro I'm a 21 year old student as well. I have the DG S300s in my Nike Vr splits and I was swinging my old Ap1s (with lite shaft) in the back yard making some divots working on tempo just for the hell of it, and man the lite shafts are a big difference!! It's hard to explain. Its like the club just falls into place like butter. Are the heavier shafts really more accurate? And what is the difference in Traj and ball flight with the DG lites compared to the DG S300s?

[quote name='Buzzkill' timestamp='1227846638' post='1351267']
Great shafts! Installed them in all my irons, MP Fli-Hi's, MP-57's and MP wedges. They played a little soft so I went with X flex vice S. Same great ball flight as the True Temper Dynamic Golds but without the weight and I picked up another 10 yards because of that. Like with all shaft changes, you need some time to adjust which was about a month for me.
[/quote] What is your swing speed with your irons? I want to switch to super lites but don't know if I should get X or S flex? I swing around 85. Are these lite shafts less accurate than the DG S300s? Some people say they had 10 yard hooks/push shots and switched to heavier shaft and that disappeared. I'm going to go to Golfsmith and see the difference.

[quote name='Caveman281' timestamp='1297565496' post='2972081']
[/quote] What is your swing speed with your irons? I want to switch to super lites but don't know if I should get X or S flex? I swing around 85. Are these lite shafts less accurate than the DG S300s? Some people say they had 10 yard hooks/push shots and switched to heavier shaft and that disappeared. I'm going to go to Golfsmith and see the difference.
[/quote]

My ss is the same as yours - 85. They play identical to the DGS300's. Although I normally play stiff shafts, I had know problem with the x flex. I've played the SL's in stiff & regular also (experimental phase). Just wanted to see what the x flex played like and I had no problems with them. I grew up on True Temper shafts and I thing the Dynamic Gold and DGSL are the best.

• 2 weeks later...

[/quote] Just wondering, did you install the shafts yourself or by someone else, and if by a golf shop, how much did they charge you a club? I think anything over $10 a club is ridiculous.

[quote name='Caveman281' timestamp='1298691490' post='3009724']
[/quote] Just wondering, did you install the shafts yourself or by someone else, and if by a golf shop, how much did they charge you a club? I think anything over $10 a club is ridiculous.
[/quote]

I had someone do it for me which was $15 a club. Some day hopefully I'll get the tools to do my own since I'm always flipping clubs.

• 1 month later...

i duno if its this particular set up, razr x tour with DGSL X100 1/4 over but i really dont like them!! i had KBS stiff 1/2 over in my Adams A4 forged, very sweet, but tried DGSL to save $$$ (stupid) they feel lifeless, but i keep trying them i figure its the switch from forged to cast.... probably gonna switch the shafts or buy another set of KBS. anyone else had this feeling with DGSL's?? i think part of it is the thickness of the shaft in the mid section, the diamater is bigger than KBS or DG's. i dunno

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am considering putting dynalite SL R300 in an old set of TP-9's. have always had success with DG S300.
the heads are now shaftless and the shafts are sitting headless in my closet. Worth the experiment?
This is an inexpensive way for me to use what I have and have a (hopefully) playable set of classic blades.
These shafts were too light and ballooned in my MX-25's. The S400 shafts that were in the TP-9's, I soft stepped and are currently in my MX-25's. dy Might work in the Mizzy TP-9's.
Driver ss 105, 6iron ss 83. Mizuno shaft optimizer suggests DG S300.

Anyone have any thoughts ot yea or nay?