2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Nick Faldo's Equipment

Shah G

Gatchet, do you actually own this stuff you are posting or are you just really really good at coming up with pictures of it all? If you own it all you probably have the most enviable club collection on golfwrx!

Keep up the good work, this thread is truly awesome, someone should find a way to let nick faldo know about it, im sure he would have a good time looking at everything in here too!

[quote name='okesa' timestamp='1321229577' post='3796749']
[size="4"]I thought I'd have a final quick look before sleep and have been chuckling and drooling in equal measure over the latest pics.
It really is quite amazing because after each bit I think 'well he can't top that' and you DO!
I have to tell you that I'm not easily impressed but I am totally knocked out by both the material and your effort to post it and (don't blush) I reckon that we all owe you a massive vote of thanks for sharing what must be a unique and priceless archive.
Would like to know more about the irons with 'NH'? on the hosel and what are the irons stamped 'directed by ******',can't quite make it out?
Not quite as impressed with TP2000's,a bit too modern? LOL but not as bad as some of Mizuno's worse moments like 'Paragon' irons and 'Bell' irons,dropped a real clanger there....[/size]
[/quote]
[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1321235389' post='3797113']
Gatchet, do you actually own this stuff you are posting or are you just really really good at coming up with pictures of it all? If you own it all you probably have the most enviable club collection on golfwrx!

Keep up the good work, this thread is truly awesome, someone should find a way to let nick faldo know about it, im sure he would have a good time looking at everything in here too!
[/quote]
Thank you very much for your kind comments ! :)

Unfortunately I do not own all of these sets however I do know the person who did and he had a lot of involvement with Mizuno and many of their staff players back in the day including Sir Nick.

He has now passed them all on of which I have a handful of sets and a number of wedges including a couple of clubs which were once used by Faldo.

I also have a few other items which were used by him so when I get round to taking some photos I will be sure to put some pictures up.

BTW has anyone else noticed the similarity between the TN87's and the MP37's with that nicked off corner of the muscle?

Yep and the MP-29's.

MizunoTN-87h.jpg

1a60_12.jpg

KGrHqFi0E6IUU6Y6jBOve6wjHC60_3.jpg

Oh, and the TP 2000's.

MizunoTP-2000c.jpg

Are the tour proven still made? Available in Japan or Europe? Are they different models from the current MP line? What do we have to do to get Mizuno to bring these back?

[url="http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons/irons-timeline.php"]http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/irons/irons-timeline.php[/url]

I may be wrong but I believe the TP line eventually evolved into the MP line.

STZ 10.5 Motore F3 60s

STZ 5 wood Motore F3 70s

CLK 22 Tensei blue 
JPX 850 Forged 4-pw S300

ES21 54 60 
Mizuno Craft 1

[u][b][size="4"]February 1999 - Golf Digest Article[/size][/b][/u]

'Nick Faldo is extremely tough. He's a relentless grinder. I'm sure he'll find his way back'

The most astounding quote of the year in golf was delivered by Nick Faldo to the English writer Derek Lawrenson. "I have had occasions," Faldo confessed, "where there has been so much going on that I have been bending down to look over a putt and I've had to say to myself: 'Golf. Think golf.' "

Athletes are forever mourning lost concentration-Johnny Bench, the great catcher, knew time was short when his mind actually wandered at the plate. But the idea of Faldo exhorting himself to "think golf" is stunning. That he has ever thought of anything else is news. Blimey, it's a revelation.

Now, nearly three years after the fact, one can look back on that most excruciating of all the excruciating Augusta Sundays and wonder if, having finished filling Greg Norman full of holes, Faldo didn't somehow turn the gun on himself.

At the time, many observers could see Greg receding from there. But who imagined Nick would go with him? Both of them missed the subsequent Masters cut and have been nonentities in all of the majors since. (To be sure, Norman has been injured for the last three.)

Faldo's 81-week stand as the game's top-ranked player is a distant memory. Plummeting to 61st in the world, wedged between Argentine Eduardo Romero and New Zealander Greg Turner, Faldo has returned to England without either his putting stroke or his aura.

When he used to drop by the States only for grand occasions-typically just long enough to outstare America's champion starer, Raymond Floyd- Faldo threw the home players a clammy chill. He gave more than they did to golf, incessantly tearing down perfectly fine swings to put up minutely better ones. He asked himself detailed questions, right on the course, smack in front of God, Fanny and everyone. Spectators were sometimes perplexed by these extensive interrogations, but the players always knew what was at the bottom of it: courage.

At the Masters that day, there was this classic tableau: Once six strokes down, now two strokes up, Faldo came to a 228-yard second shot over water at the par-5 13th hole. The ball was above his feet, teetering like a boulder, in a position and circumstance where just pulling the trigger at all took guts; where Norman and most others would say: Trust your swing, trust your muscle memory, trust your destiny.

First, Faldo turned off all of the clocks. He put a 5-wood behind the ball like a haberdasher holding a striped tie up to a plaid suit. He held a 2-iron up to the sun the same way. He studied the 5-wood again. He looked at the 2-iron anew. You no longer wondered whether the ball was going in the water. Of course it was. You only wondered how he was able to breathe.

Then, without hurrying, seemingly unaware that the air and the noise and the whole, stifling pageant had come to a stop around him, Nick rehearsed a few practice swings on one plane, another and another. Norman had to stand by and watch all of this.

Finally, Faldo lined himself up with the back left corner of the green. "I'm going 'creek, bogey, creek, bogey,' " he said almost a year later. "Then I realized I was happy. I was quite comfortable."

He hit the best 2-iron that could possibly have been hit and the tournament was over.

He had moved to the U.S. the previous year in quest of more felicitous weather, more predictable greens and more major championships. His sixth pelt, a third Masters to go with three British Opens, amounted to "mission accomplished." He had entered the week statistically the No. 1 putter on the PGA Tour and putted much the best in Georgia. At 38, he seemed only to be gathering steam.

What has gone wrong can't be completely explained by the analysis, however wonderful, of an Arizona women's golf coach named Rick LaRose, who, reviewing his collegiate season, said, "We had one player drop out, one transfer and one run off with Nick Faldo."

Nick's coed phase left him with a dented heart and a dinged Porsche, but Faldo had cracked up on lovers' lanes before. His first wife, Melanie, was a glamour-puss who looked like she'd sooner lose the Ryder Cup than neglect eye shadow. He jilted her to marry Gill, his manager's secretary.

Gill went on the waiver wire during a Ryder Cup that ended with the poignant spectacle of Nick holing a crucial four-footer against Curtis Strange, and Seve Ballesteros beating poor Gill to the kiss.

She was a chatterbox: Gill could talk for Britain. Earlier, on a misty, horrible gray day at a Dunhill Cup, a writer had missed a domestic signal. "It's unusual to see Nick wearing a cap," he told her. "Yes," she said, "it's unusual to find a cap that fits his head."

In a sea of father's sons, Faldo is the rarest animal in professional golf: a mother's son. It's about the only thing he has in common with his archrival, Norman. Literally a stage mother, Joyce Faldo fancied her only child to be "another Olivier." Considering Nicky's "smashing legs," she figured Nureyev might be in trouble, too.

But Nicky fell in love and married golf. His sense of theater ran to 18 straight pars at Muirfield. Norman was the dancer. At St. Andrews in 1990, the first time their fates were joined and essentially resolved, Nick and Greg went out together in the Open lead on Saturday and Faldo threw an impeccable 67 at Norman's peccable 76.

The following day, as Faldo was strolling to a five-stroke victory and a British Open record, Norman regained his golden demeanor and dynamic walk. Canning a long putt at 18 that meant nothing, Greg tossed his arms in the air to the applause of the dress circle. He was the one who became Olivier.

As the greatest English golfer since Henry Cotton, Faldo is back in the inky custody of the Fleet Street psychologists. Even his divorce from swing doctor David Leadbetter made the front page of The Sun. "Now it's back to what I tell the kids who come to my junior clinics," he told The Sunday Telegraph. "Grind on the basics. Boring, maybe, but the best tip of all."

With a kid named David Carter in tow, Faldo delivered England its first World Cup after 44 barren years. A small light, but a start.

At the same time, one goes on wondering if some victories can be so gigantic that they cost the winner as much as the loser. Maybe Ben Crenshaw would know something about this.

His 1995 Augusta victory, The Little Red Masters, was practically Faustian. In 64 tournaments since, Crenshaw has finished in the top 10 twice.

"Emotionally it takes the starch out of you," Ben says. "You have to find a way, almost a reason, to push on. It isn't easy. At times since then, I've felt pretty capable. But I haven't been able to build on anything. You're debilitated for a while, that's for sure.

"Nick's game is at such a fine level that the margins are pretty narrow anyway. I know he's been bothered by putting-and other things. But he's extremely tough. He's a relentless grinder. I'm sure he'll find his way back."

Faldo confronts problems. That's who he is. Creek, bogey, creek, bogey. Golf. Think golf. Grind on the basics. The best tip of all.

Great stuff Gachet!! For what its worth in the Mid 1980s, when I was just in High School I worked at a private club. One of our Pros who played for U of Houston right around the same time as Nick had in his bag a M85W 3 wood that belonged to Nick. To what extent Nick used it I'm not sure. I should be seeing him next season some time, I'm going to have to ask him if he still has that. I'm sure he does. He's off to Champions Tour q school soon.

[size="4"][u][b]July 2006 - Golf Digest Article[/b][/u][/size]

Age 48 Orlando, Florida

After winning six majors (including three British Opens), he has some thoughts on TV, ghosts, aliens and his prospects at 50. Interviewed by Guy Yocom.

When I flew into the country a while back, the customs officer, who obviously was a golfer, recognized me. I hadn't filled in the window listing my occupation, and he wrote "Sports analyst." I said, "Why not just write 'Golfer'? What about the six majors?" He said quietly, "We both know what you do best these days." Couldn't argue with him there-though I wanted to.

ESPN called on behalf of Michael Jordan last year and said, "We'd really like to have you at Michael's tournament in the Bahamas." I said, "I'd love to. I'd swim there to play with Michael." The executive paused and said, "Not as a player, Nick. We need an announcer." I'm telling you, those majors feel like they happened a million years ago.

There are some secrets you'll never get out of me. The biggest is the strategy we Europeans use in foursomes during the Ryder Cup. It's one area of the Ryder Cup we've dominated, and this strategy really is the reason we've won four of the last five Ryder Cups. Tony Jacklin invented it, and it's beautiful in its simplicity and devastating in terms of its effectiveness in the alternate-shot format. If the Americans got wind of it, there would go the Ryder Cup. It's subtle, but very visible when you look at it head-on. An observant person can see it.

On the other hand, when I told Greg Norman, "Don't let the bastards get you down" on the last green at the 1996 Masters, that was a secret I knew had a statute of limitations. When it comes to history, you eventually want to set the record straight. So into my book it went, and nobody was the worse for wear.

As a boy, I was a hothead. Threw clubs up trees and carried on when things weren't going right. Then, in 1977, I missed a shot during a tournament and buried a club in the ground. Gerald Micklem, the former chairman of the R&A Championship Committee, saw me do it and walked over. I expected a real tongue-lashing, but he said, "I used to do that, and it never did me any good." Then he walked away. That was very powerful. I was embarrassed by what I did and really humbled by the way Mr. Micklem handled it. I got mad after that, but no more losing my temper.

I had only one sporting hero growing up: Bjorn Borg. He never argued with the umpires or got into it with other players. Strong. Quiet. Absolutely prepared for anything. Tough mentally. Played the fifth set the same as the first set. No ebb and flow emotionally. Four or five years ago, it occurred to me that I had subconsciously modeled myself after him.

Finally, after years of idolizing Borg, I met him. He played an exhibition against John McEnroe at Buckingham Palace, and I was introduced. I said, "Do you know you've been my hero for the last 25 years? It is a great privilege." His reaction? He just nodded, like he'd just won a point in the first set.

Golf on TV in Great Britain is characterized by showing lots of shots of the countryside or a nearby loch. It's much more pastoral, suited for the people at home drinking tea and eating scones. It can be too slow; in Barcelona once they showed three players walking onto a green, and all three players three-putted. The camera didn't leave the green once. With due respect to that production style, I'm partial to the bang-bang style we have here in America.

It helps to be different, and in my case I do it without trying: I have a British accent. Americans love a British accent, and golf audiences really love it. I play on that, obviously. I'm not above saying, "Of course, old chap, I do say, jolly good," and so on.

Note to the TV networks: This boy has it all. I can be serious and analytical. Or philosophical, or dramatic. I'm quick and always good for a laugh. And I play nice with the others. I want to work, and you know where to reach me. But please phone on Thursday--I'm busy on weekends.

Listen to your heart and your gut. That small voice inside you. How often have you left the house knowing you've forgotten something, and it turns out you have? Intuition is very powerful, and certainly it's true in golf. The young person tends to fight intuition, whereas people my age learn to go with it.

Can't figure women out, eh? You must accept that on virtually every issue you are not right-she is. That is the key to peace and happiness. I'm always mindful of something a friend once told me: "When I'm out walking in the woods, all alone, I'm still wrong."

I appreciate that my apparent personality transformation is hard to grasp. Certainly in my better playing days I kept my head down and the blinkers on, never showing my cards. Get out of my way! But I had to do it that way. I tried to be funny and entertaining a couple of times, but a few bogeys later, enough of that. The Hogan in me won out over the Peter Jacobsen in me.

When I was a boy, we had a little gang that played every day. I lived in a small house, two rooms up and two down, and across the street were some woods. It was our explorer area, and five of us lived in those woods. All day long we'd be over there, making up fantasy games, wars and so on, lots of quests with elaborate plots. When we got older we left the woods and took to riding bicycles, and we wore out the streets of that town. I would disappear and not come back until the food was on the table. There is a lot to be said for that sort of rough-and-tumble upbringing, but sad to say, that time has come and gone. Can you imagine turning your children loose for 10 hours without checking in on them?

Favorite movie? That's a tough one, but the Austin Powers movies come to mind. A bit part in one would go a long way to making me an even happier man. Just one line. You know the producer?

When I decided to totally rework my swing in 1985, I would begin hitting balls early in the morning, and I'd hit five of those very large baskets of balls-the kind they use to fill the little baskets-until, by about 3 o'clock in the afternoon, I couldn't close my hands anymore. Five of those baskets amounts to 1,500 balls, and my hands would just turn into claws. I would go off and have a swim, and then, when the sun was going down and it would cool off, I would go back and hit some more.

The reworking took two years. I've kept much of that experience to myself. It was dark, intense and sometimes negative, wondering when the changes were going to take-and if they would take. It is amazing really, with the stress I put my body through, that I didn't ruin my back, tear a rotator cuff, develop tendinitis, or any number of things. using new muscles in my hips and other places, I would get so sore I felt crippled. Later I was bothered by tendinitis, as early as when I won the British Open in 1990. The worst area: The "snuffbox" on my left hand, that little pocket at the base of the thumb and forefinger. At the '90 Open, my snuffbox was so sore I hit all my iron shots in practice using a tee. Everyone thought it was some new kind of practice technique, when in fact I couldn't take a divot.

By late 1986 I had begun losing sponsors and endorsements. I'd gone from being nearly the best player in the world to not being able to hit my hat. I wasn't invited to play in the 1987 Masters, but that week I was in a satellite event. I'd been working on a little thing in my downswing, and, just like that, it clicked. I shot four 67s, finished second. I won in Spain in May, won the British Open at Muirfield in July, and at the end of the season, I knew I was on my way.

It's all about the "bottle," the British term meaning the ability to be in a situation and feel comfortable, be in control and have the mental toughness to get the job done. Great champions have the bottle almost all the time. Some have the bottle at isolated moments, others find it only once in a career, and others never find it.

The best player I saw at a given moment was Seve Ballesteros at Lytham in 1988. His charisma and confidence were so high, and the way he played was transcendent. I remember thinking that no man could have beaten him; there was a force that wouldn't allow it.

My goal was to be the No. 1 player in the world, and I did that. All was good and well, I was happy, and I remained motivated for quite some time. But something happens with that motivation. You work hard, and you aim for those goals anyway, but it lingers in you that you're not paying the true price necessary to give those goals their best chance of coming off.

Fanny Sunesson was and is one of the great caddies of all time. I was the world's No. 1 with her, and with the crowds and everything closing in on you, you need a strong personality at your side. You'd be surprised at how often caddies choke and can't give the player the correct yardages, and otherwise start stumbling and fumbling around. There was none of that with Fanny. She had the yardages spot on, and she handled the galleries with great authority. "Stand back!" she'd shout. "Quiet please!" I always smiled at how readily people obeyed her. Her physical stamina was amazing; I had a small fruit store in my bag that weighed more than 30 pounds, and the nature of the course was irrelevant; she never got tired.

When I was 20 I moved to a little English village, to a place next door to a pub they said was at least 600 years old. The pub truly was haunted. Many a time, nobody would be behind the bar, and bottles would fly off the shelves. Not fall, but fly across the room. It happened so often that the employees were used to it and only got mad that they had to sweep up the glass. The last house I had in England had a ghost cat. I never saw it, but the housekeeper said she saw a gray shadow go slinking across the floor near two of our pet cats, and when they saw the shadow, they would run from the room as though a bomb had gone off.

Then there are the aliens they have hidden in Roswell. When I saw President Clinton, I asked him about it, and I couldn't get a word out of him about it. Imagine that. My big motivation now is to play the Champions Tour next year. Like everybody else, I had no great designs on playing it, but last year I decided to go for it and give it my best. You're only 50 once.

The alternate-shot secret, I'm keeping to myself. But I will say this about the four-ball: You need a good partner. There's no way around that, and I've had several. started out with Peter Oosterhuis-he was my wing man, nailing down solid pars while I fired the big guns. Then Langer, Woosie, Monty and finally, Lee Westwood. By the time I got to Monty, I was the wing man. You want the young guy to be relaxed and playing as loosely as possible, while the more experienced player is charged with being the glue. That's a bit of strategy I reveal at the European team's peril: Formulate every team knowing one guy is the wing man and the other is the main gunner.

Isn't it odd how you can see someone in room, and you like them even before you're introduced? Once in a while I'm just drawn to a person. My best friends in the world, liked them immensely before I met them.

Early in my professional career, I had best friend who also was a golfer. One night the phone rang, and it was him. He started reviewing his round with me, and on the second hole I put the phone down and made a sandwich, taking my time. When I picked up the phone, he was on the 14th hole and didn't know I'd ever left. That made an impression on me. Ever since, I've never had a best friend inside golf. I just don't want to talk about golf in the evenings. Furthermore, I'm competing against them, it's a business, and I don't want to give anything away. I have three or four close friends, a couple of whom I've known for 25 years or more. People I tell my secrets to, and I'd be there for them in a minute if they needed it.

Sometimes I'll launch into a story about something that happened to me during a championship, and a short way into it the listener's eyes begin to glaze over. The story might be one I've never told before, and I think it's quite interesting, but then it hits me: That was 25 years ago. I need some new material.

[quote name='freddiec' timestamp='1321281011' post='3798461']
Great stuff Gachet!! For what its worth in the Mid 1980s, when I was just in High School I worked at a private club. One of our Pros who played for U of Houston right around the same time as Nick had in his bag a M85W 3 wood that belonged to Nick. To what extent Nick used it I'm not sure. I should be seeing him next season some time, I'm going to have to ask him if he still has that. I'm sure he does. He's off to Champions Tour q school soon.
[/quote]
Interesting Freddie, could well be the same model three wood that Faldo was possibly using in the 1990 US Masters as discussed earlier in the thread !?

Make sure you get some photos of it mate !!! :)

[size="4"][b][u]February 2007 - Golf Digest Article[/u][/b][/size]

Golf Digest / You've moved from ABC to CBS and The Golf Channel this year. Can you name three anchors from "Golf Central" on The Golf Channel? (Answer: Vince Cellini, Brian Hammons, Kraig Kann, Rich Lerner, Iain Page, Mike Ritz, Steve Sands, Megan West.)

Nick Faldo / Hmm, let's see.... Wow! ... Rich Lerner is one. Uh, who else? Oh! Vince, right? And, don't forget [Golf Channel CEO] Dave Manougian. He's the most important one: He signs my checks.

You'll turn 50 on July 18, the week before a Champions Tour major championship. Name that major and site. (Answer: Senior British Open at Muirfield, where Faldo won two British Opens.)

NF / The Senior British Open at Muirfield. My 18-year-old son, Matthew, will be on the bag that week. I'll play the British Open at Carnoustie as a warm-up. Would you believe that's my next planned event?

You'll be in the 18th tower at Augusta this year, so you're probably aware that the vocabulary there is different from other events. What do CBS announcers call Masters fans? (A: Patrons.)

NF / The patrons. I'm sure I'll get that one wrong. I've heard about Jack Whitaker referring to fans as the "mob" and Gary McCord saying the people at Augusta "bikini-wax" the greens. I'll definitely not go there. There will be no bikini-waxing of the mob.

Who's the chairman now at Augusta National? (A: Billy Payne.)

NF / I haven't a clue. The best chairman was Hord [Hardin]. He forgot my name when I won in 1989. True story. He was on his third whiskey, and we asked him, "My son Matthew's just been born, but now that I've won the Masters, should I play Hilton Head or go home to my son?" He says, "I think Sandy should stay and play."

Your former ABC colleague Paul Azinger is a full-time player this year. When was the last time he won a tournament? (A: 2000 Sony Open in Hawaii.)

NF / He won a Sony, didn't he, in 2001? I remember it because of his return from cancer. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I have him on my bedroom wall to inspire me! [Laughs.]

Only three players have won more than your three green jackets. Name them. (A: Nicklaus, Palmer, Woods.)

NF / Big Jack, the King and the Future King: Tiger. I played with him in '97, and when he went out in 40, I thought, Fat chance, mate. You'll never be any good.

You and Zinger will be Ryder Cup captains in '08 at Valhalla in Louisville. Which U.S. Ryder Cupper played all five matches at the K Club but earned only a half-point? (Answer: Phil Mickelson.)

NF / That was Phil. That 18th hole [at Winged Foot] will haunt him for the rest of his life, I think. He picked up on every critical comment. I guess for so long it was, We love Phil. And then these characters don't like it when it turns the other way. It's funny, he and Tiger are quite delicate to criticism. They love the praise, though.

Which golf commentator played with Fred Couples at the University of Houston? (Answer: Jim Nantz.)

NF / That's my new partner, the legendary Mr. Nantz. Mr. Unflappable. It's my mission to flap the unflappable.

When your ex-girlfriend Brenna Cepelak attacked the windshield of your Porsche with a golf club and ...

NF / It wasn't the windshield; it was the whole car. But you're going to ask what club she used, aren't you?

No; we know it was a 9-iron.

NF / I'm not too sure about that, mate. I think it was a wedge.

OK, fine. Can you name the Oscar-winning actor who similarly damaged a car with a golf club? (Answer: Jack Nicholson.)

NF / Jack Nicholson? He plays, so I say, good on ya, Jack. The funny thing in my case was my ex was belting a car so advanced it was made of plastic. She'd hit it, and it would go, "Doing!" and bounce right back. That led to more of the rage, actually. Like, I can't do any damage! But she managed to.

[size="4"]On a serious note I followed up on Thrillhouse's suggestion and emailed Sir Nick's offices this morning telling them about this thread on the off chance that 'himself' might like to take a look and see the esteem,respect and even affection that people have for him as a great player,champion and person.
On odd occasions when NF has done commentary for the BBC it has been first rate and far better than anything they normally do.
He has been there and done it and has a perspective that the Beeb lads just don't have and they're really too busy anyway with their own little 'in' jokes while Peter Alliss drones on about Centenary clubs and the fact that these lads are not consistent enough these days.
While I'm grateful that the R&A haven't sold out to Murdoch and the BBC still have viewing rights I think it's time for a change...
Peter,retire graciously if not gracefully,Brown transfers to Springwatch or Autumnwatch,Torrance won't have anything to say if Tiger's not playing well and send Cotter to Helmand province.
Great reading those articles,real insights...[/size]

[quote name='okesa' timestamp='1321309205' post='3800495']
[size="4"]On a serious note I followed up on Thrillhouse's suggestion and emailed Sir Nick's offices this morning telling them about this thread on the off chance that 'himself' might like to take a look and see the esteem,respect and even affection that people have for him as a great player,champion and person.
On odd occasions when NF has done commentary for the BBC it has been first rate and far better than anything they normally do.
He has been there and done it and has a perspective that the Beeb lads just don't have and they're really too busy anyway with their own little 'in' jokes while Peter Alliss drones on about Centenary clubs and the fact that these lads are not consistent enough these days.
While I'm grateful that the R&A haven't sold out to Murdoch and the BBC still have viewing rights I think it's time for a change...
Peter,retire graciously if not gracefully,Brown transfers to Springwatch or Autumnwatch,Torrance won't have anything to say if Tiger's not playing well and send Cotter to Helmand province.
[/quote]

I emailed someone with Nick and never heard back (in regards to him looking at this thread.)

How about getting one of the mods or something to email Faldo's management.

A little promo for the site...and maybe Nick gets a kick out of it. Mentions it on a GC telecast!

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='PKMillerJr' timestamp='1321354457' post='3802681']
[quote name='okesa' timestamp='1321309205' post='3800495']
[/quote]
I emailed someone with Nick and never heard back (in regards to him looking at this thread.)
[/quote]
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1321375771' post='3803517']
How about getting one of the mods or something to email Faldo's management.

A little promo for the site...and maybe Nick gets a kick out of it. Mentions it on a GC telecast!
[/quote]
Another approach could be through Twitter !?

[url="http://twitter.com/#%21/thesirnickfaldo"]http://twitter.com/#...thesirnickfaldo[/url]

[quote name='The Gachet' timestamp='1321396215' post='3804799']
[quote name='freddiec' timestamp='1321394641' post='3804691']
I'm new to twitter, but I think I tweeted The Sir Nick Faldo about this.
[/quote]
Nice work Freddie, I'm no expert on it either but I will 'tweet' him the link too !

He 'tweets' regularly so hopefully he will take a look !!! :)
[/quote]

Didn't you get through to him last year? I think it was about the TP-9's or something similar.

[quote name='chip75' timestamp='1321407419' post='3805479']
[quote name='The Gachet' timestamp='1321396215' post='3804799']
[quote name='freddiec' timestamp='1321394641' post='3804691']
I'm new to twitter, but I think I tweeted The Sir Nick Faldo about this.
[/quote]
Nice work Freddie, I'm no expert on it either but I will 'tweet' him the link too !
He 'tweets' regularly so hopefully he will take a look !!! :)
[/quote]
Didn't you get through to him last year? I think it was about the TP-9's or something similar.
[/quote]
Yes that is correct, I sent a message to his UK office through his website who then passed it on to his US office.

A lady kindly replied from there on his behalf but when I replied to her message to say thanks it came back as undeliverable therefore it was a 'no-reply' address.

I then took the liberty of asking one more question and providing the link to this thread going through the same channels but this time no response.

[size="4"]I think the problem is penetrating the barrier of jobsworths who make decisions on what should be forwarded or not,I have not even had a courtesy message to acknowledge receipt of my email which I find rather poor,I doubt that would have happened if I'd been offering £1 million to the Faldo Series.
More great pictures Gachet,which Open are the Wilson bag pics from?Lytham,Seve's Open?It was inyeresting to read NF's comments on that,without Seve he might have been in with a shout but that week Seve looked unbeatable.
Early 80's I had the big Wilson Staff bag only mine had FG-17's in it not blanked Mizuno![/size]

I think the problem is penetrating the barrier of jobsworths who make decisions on what should be forwarded or not,I have not even had a courtesy message to acknowledge receipt of my email which I find rather poor,I doubt that would have happened if I'd been offering £1 million to the Faldo Series.

More great pictures Gachet,which Open are the Wilson bag pics from?Lytham,Seve's Open?It was inyeresting to read NF's comments on that,without Seve he might have been in with a shout but that week Seve looked unbeatable.

Early 80's I had the big Wilson Staff bag only mine had FG-17's in it not blanked Mizuno!

The photo where Faldo is closely inspecting his golf ball is from the 1990 Benson & Hedges International Open held at St. Mellion and then the shot of him walking down the fairway with Fanny is from the 1990 British Open at St. Andrews.

The FG-17's were very nice blades, a bit too challenging for me mind you but could of always come in handy if I was ever out of razors ! ;)

staff_fg17_large.jpg

This has probably been posted, but I'm too lazy to search this entire thread. I apologize if it has been.

Nick, circa 1994

[b]Driver[/b]-MacGregor M85, persimmon head, 10 degrees loft, 43 1/2" long, 1 degree upright, Dynamic Gold X-300, D-4, All grips are Lamkin cord, size 56

[b]Fairway wood[/b]- Taylor Made Raylor, 13 degrees loft, 42 1/2 inches long, 1 degree upright, Dynamic Gold X-200, D-4

[b]2 iron-SW[/b]- Mizuno TP 19 forged blades, 1 degree upright, X-100 shafts, D-4, Wedge 47 degrees, Gap wedge 51 degrees, Sand wedge 56 degrees

[b]Putter[/b]-Ping b60, 35 1/2" long

[b]Ball[/b]-Rextar Pro Model balata, 90 compression

[b]Shoes[/b]-Mizuno MST

[b]Glove[/b]-Mizuno Techno Flex

Nick's comments : [i]"I never had a matched set of irons in my bag until I started using these Mizuno's. They have a tremendously soft feel, which I like. I tend not to experiment too much with my clubs--I've used the same shaped head since 1987 and have had only three sets since then."[/i]
[i]
[/i]

• Like 1

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1321450678' post='3806947']
Easily my favorite thread on here. Gachet is the man!
[/quote]

Ditto!

9.5° Titleist 910 D3 | UST Proforce V2 6S

15° Titleist 910 F | UST Proforce V2 7S

2-9 Mizuno MP-32 | DG S300 | 2° weak

50°, 55°, 60° Titleist TVD | DG Spinner

Never Compromise GM2 Exchange 4

[/quote]
[quote name='ragin cajun' timestamp='1321456418' post='3807381']
[/quote]
Ditto!
[/quote]
Cheers guys much appreciated, funnily enough it is my favourite thread too and I all I want to do is make it even better !!! :)