2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

John Daly feeling at home in the Ozark Mountains.

Gozz

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it. It's not Daly I find so ridiculous and irritating and kind of humorous. It is his legion of fans who absolutely think he is the greatest. It has been said that Daly is the biggest sham and con artist in golf......Daly's fans remind me of the guy who fell in love with the school ho only that guy was the last to know.

The more I think about it. It's not Daly I find so ridiculous and irritating and kind of humorous. It is his legion of fans who absolutely think he is the greatest. It has been said that Daly is the biggest sham and con artist in golf......Daly's fans remind me of the guy who fell in love with the school ho only that guy was the last to know.

I wanted to play golf naked before Daly was recognized as a national American golfing icon, back in 95. There's just something about having a zebra tan and then going to a swim meet the next day.

If you've got that v-neck, two-toned arms with only the mid portion of your legs darkened and everything else light, yous is a zebra.

What if John graduated from MIT, has a lean figured and played in this naked sort of way, explaining that he simply wanted to get an even tan?

It's just his reputation that people base his future actions on. That is why some of you have closets bigger than Daly's, but are too afraid to open them for fear that your reputation may be ruined...and thus your future actions. No one condones his actions, even himself probably, but it seems as though he lives in the moment and foregoes all thoughts on the politics of his actions. Essentially, he is just "letting go".

Perhaps his parents raised him poorly. Perhaps the neighborhood he was raised in had kids that cultivated John in an unfavorable manner. Whatever. He has a carefree attitude. He probably inherited that from one of his parents. He doesn't care what you think. He probably inherited that from his parents. He probably had experiences with his parents that did not care what he thought when he was young. Whatever.

I'm no fan of him, but I understand that if people want to do just whatever it is they want to do, then who cares what others think. We do not know 99.9% of who John Daly is and yet we pass judgment. Because of what is shown thru the media.

The more I think about it. It's not Daly I find so ridiculous and irritating and kind of humorous. It is his legion of fans who absolutely think he is the greatest. It has been said that Daly is the biggest sham and con artist in golf ......Daly's fans remind me of the guy who fell in love with the school ho only that guy was the last to know.

Funny. I could swap out Daly with another name and it would fit in with another popular discussion on this board.... :clapping:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

The more I think about it. It's not Daly I find so ridiculous and irritating and kind of humorous. It is his legion of fans who absolutely think he is the greatest. It has been said that Daly is the biggest sham and con artist in golf ......Daly's fans remind me of the guy who fell in love with the school ho only that guy was the last to know.

Funny. I could swap out Daly with another name and it would fit in with another popular discussion on this board.... :clapping:

Does his name start with a T?

I don't really know what to make of that. Did he look a little stoned?

The one thing about JD that no one will ever be able to take away, was his win at the home of golf...St. Andrews. That is one of about 4 courses the greats want to win, and he won it. But where is his career headed? He better start making some cuts....

It is really sad. The guy has a God given talent which he developed through hard work but he has a problem(s). We all wish we had the talent he is letting slip away but not everyone is the same. I doubt he will ever deal with his issues. One day he may find that no one is interested in him and he cannot make any money in golf. He may need to hit bottom before he deals with his problems.

Sadly those types of "fans" have enabled the guy. A newspaper story said some "fan" invited John to have some beers at a recent tournament and John essentially blew off the tournament. It is a tragedy that he is destroying himself and sqandering his talent. His fans encourage his behavior.

Some people may say to each his own or he has the right to be himself (as screwed up as that may be). When you look at guys like Byron Nelson, Bobby Jones, Phil, Tiger and others - they respect(ed) the game of golf, the fans, the clubs and courses.

You can be a character like the British kid with his wild outfits but he respects the game and the fans. He is a little wild but he is enthusiastic for the game. Daly is like those guys out on the course with two six packs acting like fools. Sad.

Sadly those types of "fans" have enabled the guy. A newspaper story said some "fan" invited John to have some beers at a recent tournament and John essentially blew off the tournament. It is a tragedy that he is destroying himself and sqandering his talent. His fans encourage his behavior.

Some people may say to each his own or he has the right to be himself (as screwed up as that may be). When you look at guys like Byron Nelson, Bobby Jones, Phil, Tiger and others - they respect(ed) the game of golf, the fans, the clubs and courses.

You can be a character like the British kid with his wild outfits but he respects the game and the fans. He is a little wild but he is enthusiastic for the game. Daly is like those guys out on the course with two six packs acting like fools. Sad.

Isn't it all a game? You guys are so into your etiquette, it's amusing sometimes. (I have to admit though, I do try to look like a pimp and act all PGA-ish when I hit the links, however)

I heard about it from friends. Needless to say from what they told me, the staff weren't happy with his behavior and his choice of attire.

I don't think he'll play shirtless today. Bit brisk outside. I'll have more later on.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Max 7 wood

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey Ai-One #7 Broomstick 46"

If anyone watches that and doesnt like JD, then they arent a friend of mine.

That guy knows exactly what he is doing. He was given a talent, he has made alot of money with that talent, and now he seems to be enjoying life, even after all of the drama that he has gone through. He really is, and always will be the peoples champ when it comes to golfing.

Right on, JD. Keep living the good life!

Right on.

John's always been very nice to me and, whether some of you want to give him credit for it or not, has helped a lot of people along the way. He has given and raised a lot of money for charitable organizations and helped more than a few with the money he has made. You can say what you want about Daly, most of you don't have a clue what you are talking about, but the guy has a great life and knows it. So, he's not living up to YOUR expectations. Do you think he gives a rat's Word not allowed? I know more than once I have found myself drunk on a golf course and loving life. If that makes me a redneck, oh well!

That guy knows exactly what he is doing. He was given a talent, he has made alot of money with that talent, and now he seems to be enjoying life, even after all of the drama that he has gone through. He really is, and always will be the peoples champ when it comes to golfing.

Right on.

John's always been very nice to me and, whether some of you want to give him credit for it or not, has helped a lot of people along the way. He has given and raised a lot of money for charitable organizations and helped more than a few with the money he has made. You can say what you want about Daly, most of you don't have a clue what you are talking about, but the guy has a great life and knows it. So, he's not living up to YOUR expectations. Do you think he gives a rat's a$? I know more than once I have found myself drunk on a golf course and loving life. If that makes me a redneck, oh well!

A great life? Multiple marriages, being accused of beating his wife, severe gambling, booze, nicotine and junk food addict that spells good life? Alcholics drink a lot of times to escape from "life" or "reality". I would say at the end of the day he is not living up to the PGA tours expectations, fans expectations, his familys expectations and at the core his own expectation. It is easier to not quit smoking, drinking and gambling.

I don't root for those that take the easy way out. The guy is a joke. He is becoming a disgrace to the game and if it werent for the people that support him like yourself he would be bankrupt. His golf game sure as hell wouldn't make him a living to support his current lifestyle.

Here's the reality of all of this guys. Love him or hate him it wont matter because in 10 years he will be dead. You cannot treat your body the way he does and win in the long run. Ask any doctor the worst thing you can do to your body they will answer obesity. The next worst...smoking. The two combined is a death sentence.

Right on.

John's always been very nice to me and, whether some of you want to give him credit for it or not, has helped a lot of people along the way. He has given and raised a lot of money for charitable organizations and helped more than a few with the money he has made. You can say what you want about Daly, most of you don't have a clue what you are talking about, but the guy has a great life and knows it. So, he's not living up to YOUR expectations. Do you think he gives a rat's Word not allowed? I know more than once I have found myself drunk on a golf course and loving life. If that makes me a redneck, oh well!

Amen brother!!

Right on.

John's always been very nice to me and, whether some of you want to give him credit for it or not, has helped a lot of people along the way. He has given and raised a lot of money for charitable organizations and helped more than a few with the money he has made. You can say what you want about Daly, most of you don't have a clue what you are talking about, but the guy has a great life and knows it. So, he's not living up to YOUR expectations. Do you think he gives a rat's a$? I know more than once I have found myself drunk on a golf course and loving life. If that makes me a redneck, oh well!

A great life? Multiple marriages, being accused of beating his wife, severe gambling, booze, nicotine and junk food addict that spells good life? Alcholics drink a lot of times to escape from "life" or "reality". I would say at the end of the day he is not living up to the PGA tours expectations, fans expectations, his familys expectations and at the core his own expectation. It is easier to not quit smoking, drinking and gambling.

I don't root for those that take the easy way out. The guy is a joke. He is becoming a disgrace to the game and if it werent for the people that support him like yourself he would be bankrupt. His golf game sure as hell wouldn't make him a living to support his current lifestyle.

Here's the reality of all of this guys. Love him or hate him it wont matter because in 10 years he will be dead. You cannot treat your body the way he does and win in the long run. Ask any doctor the worst thing you can do to your body they will answer obesity. The next worst...smoking. The two combined is a death sentence.

See, it is you and people like glcoach or whatever that disgust me. This dude obviously has vices...so what. You dont have any? You guys are so quick to call us pathetic because we respect the guy for the talent he has on the golf course and because we dont judge him because of his faults. The only reason why people feel so strongly about JD is because you either love him or hate him. Why would you make a comment towards me because I think the guy is an all around good guy? Sorry things arent working out in your life that you get pleasure out of insulting people so much!

I was at Riveria a few months ago and watched Rory Sabbatini chew out his caddie for a put that HE MISSED. But hey, Rory doesnt get the same flak as John. John has never been like that to anyone other than himself. In fact, here is an example of a guy who internalizes everything, and for that he gets BLAMED? Gimme a break. Golf is a personal sport. You have to act responsibly to the game and the competitors that you face, but who says you cannot have a life outside of golf where you make decisions that others dont make? John has used his fame and notoriety to make alot of money. You dont see Titleist knocking on his door, so he gets paid by Hooters and 84 Lumber. And who cares if he has his shirt off playing out in the Ozarks. There is a mass of people who play this game just to play it and dont care what anyone else thinks. They are the people who go out and hack around for a few hours and drink beers because it is fun and it is what they enjoy doing. Does that make them sub-human because that is what they know of golf? I would think not, especially coming from people like you guys who want to keep golf as eliteist as possible and who turn their noses to the air because John has a fan base. You dont think for a second that the reason he has followers is because he has won TWO MAJORS?!?!

And John never beat his ex-wife. He was accused. He has gone through alot in his life, and he still shows up and competes like anyone else. Sure he has made mistakes, but nobody has ever accused him of being a ***** or a jerk. He lives his life how he wants to, and his mistakes have been broadcast to everyone because he is the guy that people love to hate. That doesnt make him a joke or a laughing stock. You can dislike who he is and what he represents, but dont go making fun of his fans. That is probably the most pathetic thing I have ever heard of, buddy.

And by the way, I find it funny that you make fun of someone who could whoop your butt up and down the golf course with a Marb hanging from his mouth, shoeless, shirtless, and fighting a nasty buzz. What we all strive to be talent-wise in golf, John can do in his sleep. He has more talent in his beer belly than you do in your entire body...deal with it.

Right on.

See, it is you and people like glcoach or whatever that disgust me. This dude obviously has vices...so what. You dont have any? You guys are so quick to call us pathetic because we respect the guy for the talent he has on the golf course and because we dont judge him because of his faults. The only reason why people feel so strongly about JD is because you either love him or hate him. Why would you make a comment towards me because I think the guy is an all around good guy? Sorry things arent working out in your life that you get pleasure out of insulting people so much!

I was at Riveria a few months ago and watched Rory Sabbatini chew out his caddie for a put that HE MISSED. But hey, Rory doesnt get the same flak as John. John has never been like that to anyone other than himself. In fact, here is an example of a guy who internalizes everything, and for that he gets BLAMED? Gimme a break. Golf is a personal sport. You have to act responsibly to the game and the competitors that you face, but who says you cannot have a life outside of golf where you make decisions that others dont make? John has used his fame and notoriety to make alot of money. You dont see Titleist knocking on his door, so he gets paid by Hooters and 84 Lumber. And who cares if he has his shirt off playing out in the Ozarks. There is a mass of people who play this game just to play it and dont care what anyone else thinks. They are the people who go out and hack around for a few hours and drink beers because it is fun and it is what they enjoy doing. Does that make them sub-human because that is what they know of golf? I would think not, especially coming from people like you guys who want to keep golf as eliteist as possible and who turn their noses to the air because John has a fan base. You dont think for a second that the reason he has followers is because he has won TWO MAJORS?!?!

And John never beat his ex-wife. He was accused. He has gone through alot in his life, and he still shows up and competes like anyone else. Sure he has made mistakes, but nobody has ever accused him of being a ***** or a jerk. He lives his life how he wants to, and his mistakes have been broadcast to everyone because he is the guy that people love to hate. That doesnt make him a joke or a laughing stock. You can dislike who he is and what he represents, but dont go making fun of his fans. That is probably the most pathetic thing I have ever heard of, buddy.

And by the way, I find it funny that you make fun of someone who could whoop your butt up and down the golf course with a Marb hanging from his mouth, shoeless, shirtless, and fighting a nasty buzz. What we all strive to be talent-wise in golf, John can do in his sleep. He has more talent in his beer belly than you do in your entire body...deal with it.

Wow so many insane statments where do I start? Rory Sabatini doesn't get any flack? Are you kidding me? He is probably the most despised player on the PGA for heavens sake. Ever pick up a magazine? Read this forum? You don't see ANY big name company knocking on his door my man because he is too big of a risk. They have all tried...and all given up. I don't have vices like I dont know...alcohol addiction, a 2 pack a day cig habit, running through marriages etc. etc. Let us not forget your "vices" that are "no big deal" are what lead to him loosing 60 MILLION DOLLARS GAMBLING!!!!

Don't act like you are this guys personal pal and know what goes on behind closed doors. A couple beers after a round? Are you insane? The guy has been through rehab and consitantly drinks in the upwards of over 20 drinks PER DAY!!! Butch Harmon probably the best coach in the history of golf flat out gave up on the guy. I guess that is because he was too cool. Or just too nice of a guy. Come on. Never beat his wife? The guy showed up with scars on his face that looked like a bear gave him a backhand.

I am not going to debate with you the character of a man that I do not know. All we can use is the evidence we see as the general public. Your post makes no sense whatsoever and is full of points that make about as much sense as taking all the talent in the world and flushing it down the toilet.

Do I hate John Daly? Nope. I just hate that he is throwing away god given talent that everyone on this board would kill for. In the end my friend it wont matter. He wont live 10 more years.

Classic argument. Well he can beat you so that makes him ok. Yeah and I am sure John Candy and Belushi were better comedians than me Heath Ledger a better actor and Jim Morrison a better singer. They all really turned out to be great role models.

I just hope JD has a good dentist... I can take the blubber rolls, the mullet, chain smoking, alcoholism... going shirtless and shoeless but if he goes toothless... that would be just too much to handle.

I love the guy, but... he has a load of problems. I really hope he gets well someday, but I am not holding my breath. If he really had any friends instead of a bunch of hangers on (errr enablers) they would get him into rehab. With his ego, it is still pretty unlikely he'll ever stop... he's a walking dead man. If I were close to him, I wouldn't let up until he either cleaned up or got away from me... guess which one would happen.

As it is, he's gonna just get more and more irrelevant to golf as time goes on, he has no game anymore (at least not 4 consecutive rounds worth) lost his card, he withdraws or badly misses the cut when someone throws him a bone with an exemption, it just ain't (just for you rednecks) gonna happen.

He wont live 10 more years.

Sounds like someone who is hoping he kicks the can...man I bet you are a pleasant person.

And who ever said someone in the public eye needs to be a role model? Ask any of those people who passed whether they wanted to or signed up to be a role model. Did you turn to them for direction? Did you watch Animal House and think "...man, I want to be him!" Im not going to judge someone I dont know either, but you sound like a moron.

I knew there was a reason I despised that guy. Classic, what else can you say. You'll never see a video like that of tiger woods. I'd put money on that

No. You will only see Tiger Woods shirtless when he is chilling on his yacht or working out. He also wants to hide the Nike branding mark that was burned on his back in 1996.

Sounds like someone who is hoping he kicks the can...man I bet you are a pleasant person.

And who ever said someone in the public eye needs to be a role model? Ask any of those people who passed whether they wanted to or signed up to be a role model. Did you turn to them for direction? Did you watch Animal House and think "...man, I want to be him!" Im not going to judge someone I dont know either, but you sound like a moron.

Wow. Didn't know you had stock in Daly's career. Perhaps you need to evaluate your own points before labeling someone a moron. I am not hoping he dies. Your life style determines your death style pal. I never said he had to be a role model either. In fact I do not think you are capable of understanding any sensical retort without responding with belittling comments. Therefore I will leave the floor to you. The intelligent one. May all of us be able to look past drug addicts, alcoholics, wife beaters, addicted gamblers and wastes of talent. It shall make America a better brighter place to live.

Cheers. Have a beer on me...John, have a 24 pack.

And who ever said someone in the public eye needs to be a role model? Ask any of those people who passed whether they wanted to or signed up to be a role model

John Daly a "role model" now THAT is funny!

"Hey little Johnny, when you git growed up I wanna you being just like ol' long John... now go on down to Whippe Mart and fetch me a carton of Marlboro's and some Jack... an don't let old man Whipple card you agin; this time or you'll get a whuppin"

Aw sheez, I was hoping no one will notice this idiotness of JD as it happened around my area. It's KOLR 10 news channel from Springfield, MO that we do advertising with. So here's a shameless advertising on my part for our family's business if anyone won't mind as this video and interview came from same media outlet.

http://ozarksfirst.com/ldl/bolivar.htm

Ok, back to this subject, few of my friends had been telling me about him and even though he didn't show up for Murder Rock's grand opening when he was supposed to. I was invited to participate last fall but I passed on it. So he decided to show up for this day of golf sometime last week, he proclaimed that he help designing this course when he didn't even care a shait about it until last week. He played this course shirtless, barefeet and in denim when it isn't allowed on this course. So that staff had told my club pro and his asst which relayed to me couple days ago that they were embarrassed by his behavior. Also he was drinking nonstop, they heard that he had about 20-25 of draws which is about 16 oz glasses from what someone thought.

Now, someone told this story that he shot 60 but someone says that even though he played well but it sure wasn't 60. Maybe close to it as it isn't that hard of a course. NOw, he needs to learn how to follow this course's rules. No denim and etc. Even though I play in denim on my home course in muddy conditions during wintertime but I always follow any course's attire rules.

On a slightly different subject, now there's this group of investors that owns the land where Branson Creek and Murder Rock golf courses is located on. Troon Golf runs Branson Creek golf course which is about the best public access course in state of Missouri but those idiots refused to built a clubhouse that they promised to Branson Creek facility and pro staff that they deserves it. But nah, they keep on raking in money while leaving the pro staff and pro shop in a double wide trailerhouse because Troon Golf don't give a s*** about their own personnel which is too bad because Branson Creek's golf course is 1st class course.

About Murder Rock which is about a mile from Branson Creek, being run by Landmark Golf group which probably will treat their pro staff better and will be building a nice clubhouse for the course and it's staff. So even though Branson Creek and Murder Rock is on same investor's group land holdings but they don't get along at all. I'd say that it's the Troon Golf that screwed everytihng up for Branson Creek's staff and membership which obviously has much better golf course than Murder Rock.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Max 7 wood

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey Ai-One #7 Broomstick 46"

Aw sheez, I was hoping no one will notice this idiotness of JD as it happened around my area. It's KOLR 10 news channel from Springfield, MO that we do advertising with. So here's a shameless advertising on my part for our family's business if anyone won't mind as this video and interview came from same media outlet.

http://ozarksfirst.com/ldl/bolivar.htm

Ok, back to this subject, few of my friends had been telling me about him and even though he didn't show up for Murder Rock's grand opening when he was supposed to. I was invited to participate last fall but I passed on it. So he decided to show up for this day of golf sometime last week, he proclaimed that he help designing this course when he didn't even care a shait about it until last week. He played this course shirtless, barefeet and in denim when it isn't allowed on this course. So that staff had told my club pro and his asst which relayed to me couple days ago that they were embarrassed by his behavior. Also he was drinking nonstop, they heard that he had about 20-25 of draws which is about 16 oz glasses from what someone thought.

Now, someone told this story that he shot 60 but someone says that even though he played well but it sure wasn't 60. Maybe close to it as it isn't that hard of a course. NOw, he needs to learn how to follow ts course's rules. No denim and etc. Even though I play in denim on my home course in muddy conditions during wintertime but I always follow any course's attire rules.

On a slightly different subject, now there's this group of investors that owns the land where Branson Creek and Murder Rock golf courses is located on. Troon Golf runs Branson Creek golf course which is about the best public access course in state of Missouri but those idiots refused to built a clubhouse that they promised to Branson Creek facility and pro staff that they deserves it. But nah, they keep on raking in money while leaving the pro staff and pro shop in a double wide trailerhouse because Troon Golf don't give a s*** about their own personnel which is too bad because Branson Creek's golf course is 1st class course.

About Murder Rock which is about a mile from Branson Creek, being run by Landmark Golf group which probably will treat their pro staff better and will be building a nice clubhouse for the course and it's staff. So even though Branson Creek and Murder Rock is on same investor's group land holdings but they don't get along at all. I'd say that it's the Troon Golf that screwed everytihng up for Branson Creek's staff and membership which obviously has much better golf course than Murder Rock.

So, does everyone on Golfwrx get 25% off there next purchase of a vehicle? Rumor was that Johnny Q is putting in a hotel for the pro shop at Branson Creek. Now that he is building his hotel down the road I don't see that happening. My guess is that he is going to put in his own course in the future. Night Train could probably provide better info on Branson Creek.

Back on subject. JD embarrassed the course when he bailed on the grand opening costing the ownership a lot of money on accommodations and airfare. Now this is going through the local golf community and he has become the butt of a lot of jokes. I doubt you will ever see JD back here again.