2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

John Daly feeling at home in the Ozark Mountains.

Gozz

Aw sheez, I was hoping no one will notice this idiotness of JD as it happened around my area. It's KOLR 10 news channel from Springfield, MO that we do advertising with. So here's a shameless advertising on my part for our family's business if anyone won't mind as this video and interview came from same media outlet.

http://ozarksfirst.com/ldl/bolivar.htm

Ok, back to this subject, few of my friends had been telling me about him and even though he didn't show up for Murder Rock's grand opening when he was supposed to. I was invited to participate last fall but I passed on it. So he decided to show up for this day of golf sometime last week, he proclaimed that he help designing this course when he didn't even care a shait about it until last week. He played this course shirtless, barefeet and in denim when it isn't allowed on this course. So that staff had told my club pro and his asst which relayed to me couple days ago that they were embarrassed by his behavior. Also he was drinking nonstop, they heard that he had about 20-25 of draws which is about 16 oz glasses from what someone thought.

Now, someone told this story that he shot 60 but someone says that even though he played well but it sure wasn't 60. Maybe close to it as it isn't that hard of a course. NOw, he needs to learn how to follow this course's rules. No denim and etc. Even though I play in denim on my home course in muddy conditions during wintertime but I always follow any course's attire rules.

On a slightly different subject, now there's this group of investors that owns the land where Branson Creek and Murder Rock golf courses is located on. Troon Golf runs Branson Creek golf course which is about the best public access course in state of Missouri but those idiots refused to built a clubhouse that they promised to Branson Creek facility and pro staff that they deserves it. But nah, they keep on raking in money while leaving the pro staff and pro shop in a double wide trailerhouse because Troon Golf don't give a s*** about their own personnel which is too bad because Branson Creek's golf course is 1st class course.

About Murder Rock which is about a mile from Branson Creek, being run by Landmark Golf group which probably will treat their pro staff better and will be building a nice clubhouse for the course and it's staff. So even though Branson Creek and Murder Rock is on same investor's group land holdings but they don't get along at all. I'd say that it's the Troon Golf that screwed everytihng up for Branson Creek's staff and membership which obviously has much better golf course than Murder Rock.

So, does everyone on Golfwrx get 25% off there next purchase of a vehicle? Rumor was that Johnny Q is putting in a hotel for the pro shop at Branson Creek. Now that he is building his hotel down the road I don't see that happening. My guess is that he is going to put in his own course in the future.

Back on subject. JD embarrassed the course when he bailed on the grand opening costing the ownership a lot of money on accommodations and airfare. Now this is going through the local golf community and he has become the butt of a lot of jokes. I doubt you will ever see JD back here again.

LOL! Um, I heard that JQH's hotel rumor a while ago but I don't think it's going to happen as for now. I agree with you on how JD embarrassed the course's staff but they should've had been firm with JD.

As for my golf around Branson, I had talked to Bob Allen in Springfield two weeks ago and I think I'll be trying out his course when it opens this summer.

http://www.bransonhillsdevelopment.com/tribute.html

I would rather play at Branson Creek than at Murder Rock from what I heard about the course's playability because Branson Creek's staff has been great to deal without a question. I feel sorry for them being cooped up in that trailer house for several years. Come on Troon Golf, give them a nice clubhouse as you promised them many years ago.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Max 7 wood

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey Ai-One #7 Broomstick 46"

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a real stand up guy. You guys really need to lay off of him. I am sure it has nothing to do with booze or gambling. He is just being a normal guy.

Jeez so picky.

Tell that to the staff at Murder Rock who's highly pissed off at him. JD is an idiot who does not care about his obligations at all. Ok, so you can lay off of him so he can keep on making a fool outta of himself.

His good friend Johnny Lee is trying to get JD to get his own life back on track but I don't know if JD will listen that well.

I sure hope JD can somehow straighten his life out as he's got too much talent to waste. He's that good to make a good living on PGA Tour only if he does not get in his own way. That's all.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Max 7 wood

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey Ai-One #7 Broomstick 46"

Sounds like a real stand up guy. You guys really need to lay off of him. I am sure it has nothing to do with booze or gambling. He is just being a normal guy.

Jeez so picky.

Tell that to the staff at Murder Rock who's highly pissed off at him. JD is an idiot who does not care about his obligations at all. Ok, so you can lay off of him so he can keep on making a fool outta of himself.

His good friend Johnny Lee is trying to get JD to get his own life back on track but I don't know if JD will listen that well.

I sure hope JD can somehow straighten his life out as he's got too much talent to waste. He's that good to make a good living on PGA Tour only if he does not get in his own way. That's all.

I agree with you man. Read my previous bash fest. I was being sarcastic.

If anyone watches that and doesnt like JD, then they arent a friend of mine.

That guy knows exactly what he is doing. He was given a talent, he has made alot of money with that talent, and now he seems to be enjoying life, even after all of the drama that he has gone through. He really is, and always will be the peoples champ when it comes to golfing.

Right on, JD. Keep living the good life!

Right on.

John's always been very nice to me and, whether some of you want to give him credit for it or not, has helped a lot of people along the way. He has given and raised a lot of money for charitable organizations and helped more than a few with the money he has made. You can say what you want about Daly, most of you don't have a clue what you are talking about, but the guy has a great life and knows it. So, he's not living up to YOUR expectations. Do you think he gives a rat's Word not allowed? I know more than once I have found myself drunk on a golf course and loving life. If that makes me a redneck, oh well!

Yes, you are a redneck. ;)

Tim

JohnDalyputting2008-04-22-1208871393.jpg

Looks like another impending 3-putt for JD!!

Really, I'm a fan of The Lion's but he's over the top even for me right now. They say there is no such thing as bad press, well there is when it comes to this guy b/c bad press and bad golf go hand in hand w/ him........and that's not good for his life or his pocket book.

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS BAD PUBLICITY

There's a million golf courses in the US, and now this is another one of the several dozens of them I know of.

By the reaction of the area I promise you the course would disagree. This a property that is trying to become the "Myrtle Beach" of the Midwest. Branson Creek cost $22 million to develop and I think Murder Rock was around $12 million. These are not your typical muni's. There will be 6 courses eventually (they have 2 right now) on this property and there will be the Payne Stewart Tribute course about 15 miles away. There is also a property on the other side of Branson, Indian Ridge, which is a $2 billion development with a golf course and a 10 acre indoor water park. The last thing that Murder Rock wants is someone to Google John Daly and Murder Rock and see that video. It does not matter if you like him or not. It does not put the course in a good light and that is why they paid him for the naming rights. Plus, his friends wanted to kick a little money his way and he took the money and ran.

I think Butch Harmon an ambassador of Golf put it best in a recent ESPN article.

"John called me last Thursday," Harmon said. "His opening line to me was 'I've lost all my contracts because of what you said. Can you please go on the Golf Channel and make a retraction?' "I told him that he had no one to blame but himself, that 'Until you start realizing that you're the cause of all this and get some help, you're going to continue to have problems.' I told him I would be glad to help. But I wasn't going to retract anything that I said."

I guess Butch must be an idiot too right? Time for you guys to see the light.

Aw sheez, I was hoping no one will notice this idiotness of JD as it happened around my area. It's KOLR 10 news channel from Springfield, MO that we do advertising with. So here's a shameless advertising on my part for our family's business if anyone won't mind as this video and interview came from same media outlet.

http://ozarksfirst.com/ldl/bolivar.htm

Ok, back to this subject, few of my friends had been telling me about him and even though he didn't show up for Murder Rock's grand opening when he was supposed to. I was invited to participate last fall but I passed on it. So he decided to show up for this day of golf sometime last week, he proclaimed that he help designing this course when he didn't even care a shait about it until last week. He played this course shirtless, barefeet and in denim when it isn't allowed on this course. So that staff had told my club pro and his asst which relayed to me couple days ago that they were embarrassed by his behavior. Also he was drinking nonstop, they heard that he had about 20-25 of draws which is about 16 oz glasses from what someone thought.

Now, someone told this story that he shot 60 but someone says that even though he played well but it sure wasn't 60. Maybe close to it as it isn't that hard of a course. NOw, he needs to learn how to follow this course's rules. No denim and etc. Even though I play in denim on my home course in muddy conditions during wintertime but I always follow any course's attire rules.

On a slightly different subject, now there's this group of investors that owns the land where Branson Creek and Murder Rock golf courses is located on. Troon Golf runs Branson Creek golf course which is about the best public access course in state of Missouri but those idiots refused to built a clubhouse that they promised to Branson Creek facility and pro staff that they deserves it. But nah, they keep on raking in money while leaving the pro staff and pro shop in a double wide trailerhouse because Troon Golf don't give a s*** about their own personnel which is too bad because Branson Creek's golf course is 1st class course.

About Murder Rock which is about a mile from Branson Creek, being run by Landmark Golf group which probably will treat their pro staff better and will be building a nice clubhouse for the course and it's staff. So even though Branson Creek and Murder Rock is on same investor's group land holdings but they don't get along at all. I'd say that it's the Troon Golf that screwed everytihng up for Branson Creek's staff and membership which obviously has much better golf course than Murder Rock.

So, does everyone on Golfwrx get 25% off there next purchase of a vehicle? Rumor was that Johnny Q is putting in a hotel for the pro shop at Branson Creek. Now that he is building his hotel down the road I don't see that happening. My guess is that he is going to put in his own course in the future.

Back on subject. JD embarrassed the course when he bailed on the grand opening costing the ownership a lot of money on accommodations and airfare. Now this is going through the local golf community and he has become the butt of a lot of jokes. I doubt you will ever see JD back here again.

LOL! Um, I heard that JQH's hotel rumor a while ago but I don't think it's going to happen as for now. I agree with you on how JD embarrassed the course's staff but they should've had been firm with JD.

As for my golf around Branson, I had talked to Bob Allen in Springfield two weeks ago and I think I'll be trying out his course when it opens this summer.

http://www.bransonhillsdevelopment.com/tribute.html

I would rather play at Branson Creek than at Murder Rock from what I heard about the course's playability because Branson Creek's staff has been great to deal without a question. I feel sorry for them being cooped up in that trailer house for several years. Come on Troon Golf, give them a nice clubhouse as you promised them many years ago.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/ho...=20080402005330

Construction is supposed to start late summer or early fall. The clubhouse will be attached to the hotel with the facility overlooking the range. #1 might be changed to a par four and #2 to a par five........nothing final on that yet. There is an architects drawing in the news article.