2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

John Daly feeling at home in the Ozark Mountains.

Gozz

Shirtless, shoeless & burning a heater
JD is right at home with us in the Ozark Mountains. After backing out of the Grand Opening last year at John Daly's Murder Rock Golf Course he showed up in all his glory to play. While he did not design the course it sounds like he is now giving some advice on tweaking it.

WARNING: This video/article contains JD shirtless & shoeless. Please do not watch while eating or with small children in the room.

http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=20167

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone watches that and doesnt like JD, then they arent a friend of mine.

That guy knows exactly what he is doing. He was given a talent, he has made alot of money with that talent, and now he seems to be enjoying life, even after all of the drama that he has gone through. He really is, and always will be the peoples champ when it comes to golfing.

Right on, JD. Keep living the good life!

The more I think about JD and his recent behavior the more I think he going to be found dead from over indulgence or suicide some time in the near future. He appeared in this monstrosity on tuesday and missed the cut again on friday. He is not well, I have no idea what time this was filmed but it certainly appeared to be a little early to be drunk and on camera. He really needs to come to the realization that he needs help and fast.

I don't really know what to make of that. Did he look a little stoned?

The one thing about JD that no one will ever be able to take away, was his win at the home of golf...St. Andrews. That is one of about 4 courses the greats want to win, and he won it. But where is his career headed? He better start making some cuts....

So what. Trailer park or not, it doesn't define your class. Honestly, I think this is all just some kind of stunt. It's too comical.

I think eventually, he will win again on the TOUR. It also wouldn't surprise me if it was another major. He's already won 2, and arguably the most important tournament in golf (St. Andrews), so he knows how to "git-r-done". LOL.

For all you Canadians and others familiar with the Trailer Park Boys.... I swear Daly was channeling Ricky during this piece.. The interview at 2:05 is amazing... his mannerisms and tone are all 100% Ricky.

- For all of you who do not know the Trailer Park Boys.. that's not a compliment.

LOL :clapping:

"Just remember Lahey, What comes around is all around!" :)

Hehehe I saw that in there too.

I had a buddy play in a tournament that same day at Murder Rock. He said that without the shirt and shoes, John fired a 60....

He also said some Jack found its way into the Diet Cokes he was slamming, and that after the day was over, he told my buddy and his friend, who both live in Springfield MO, that he would have the RV outside their houses at 8 AM so they could tag along with him to the Byron Nelson....they both politely declined.

With all that being said, he may have a "slight" drinking problem, a "bit" overweight, and a "questionable" work ethic, but he is generous, warm hearted guy, who could very well be a miserable person to everyone he meets, but instead treats one and all like family...

We should all take a long hard look in the mirror sometimes, and realize that none of us are perfect, we ALL have faults, and it's safe to say, we have not reached our full potential, so cut the guy a break, take him for what he is, and enjoy the circus that is JD!

John did not shoot 60............he pissed off half the people playing the course as he told everyone he needed to play through. He embarassed the owners and the staff playing shirtless/shoeless and they received a lot of complaints from paying customers......and this was before he got drunk and made a real a** of himself.

After golf he went into the clubhouse and got totally smashed by chugging around 20 beers in an hour.

The pro at Murder Rock is Chris.......just ask him how happy they were with the whole fiasco.

Like i was saying, and someone said early, JD turns the snoody world of professional golf right on its head. What about all of these other professional athletes who go get drunk, screw college girls, and have pictures posted all over the internet about it? Are they less of an athlete because they enjoy the finer things in life?

No!

JD is going to be who he is. He has never been disrespectful to anyone, and I would venture to say he has never been disrespectful to the game. Has he ever SPIT in a cup, with golf still to play, into a hole at a professional tournament? No, he hasnt. He is a country boy and deserves to play golf just like me and you and everyone else who is lucky enough to get addicted to the greatest sport ever invented.

JD is true to himself, he has won TWO, SAY IT, TWO majors, and has been nothing but good for the game of golf!

Like i was saying, and someone said early, JD turns the snoody world of professional golf right on its head. What about all of these other professional athletes who go get drunk, screw college girls, and have pictures posted all over the internet about it? Are they less of an athlete because they enjoy the finer things in life?

No!

JD is going to be who he is. He has never been disrespectful to anyone, and I would venture to say he has never been disrespectful to the game. Has he ever SPIT in a cup, with golf still to play, into a hole at a professional tournament? No, he hasnt. He is a country boy and deserves to play golf just like me and you and everyone else who is lucky enough to get addicted to the greatest sport ever invented.

JD is true to himself, he has won TWO, SAY IT, TWO majors, and has been nothing but good for the game of golf!

I defended John for years and thought his honesty was always refreshing, in spite of his faults. However he's now in a downward spiral that is virtually out of control.......and life threatening.

John Daly had nothing to do with the design of Murder Rock Golf Club, the facility is owned by Glenn Patch and was designed/managed by Landmark Golf. Mr. Patch signed Daly to an endorsement for publicity/recognition after the course was totally done.

For Daly to show up to play the course in jeans(the course dress code specifically states no denim), and then to shed his shirt and shoes is an insult to the people paying him to represent their facility. If you're going to represent a property and accept their money......at least try to present a good image and be a professional. Had this been a regular PGA section member, they probably would have been suspended from membership.

Their were some very very unhappy people on the course who felt totally insulted by his behavior as he told them he had to play through because he had an appoitment.

The actual number of beers consumed in the clubhouse is unknown, it was actually quoted to me as 25 and not 20 as I mentioned. They were all draws that he chugged nonstop once he tipped up the glass...........he'd tip it, empty it in one pull, set it down and say keep 'em coming! He's no stranger to alcohol poisioning and been in the hospital for it several times.

No!

I defended John for years and thought his honesty was always refreshing, in spite of his faults. However he's now in a downward spiral that is virtually out of control.......and life threatening.

John Daly had nothing to do with the design of Murder Rock Golf Club, the facility is owned by Glenn Patch and was designed/managed by Landmark Golf. Mr. Patch signed Daly to an endorsement for publicity/recognition after the course was totally done.

For Daly to show up to play the course in jeans(the course dress code specifically states no denim), and then to shed his shirt and shoes is an insult to the people paying him to represent their facility. If you're going to represent a property and accept their money......at least try to present a good image and be a professional. Had this been a regular PGA section member, they probably would have been suspended from membership.

Their were some very very unhappy people on the course who felt totally insulted by his behavior as he told them he had to play through because he had an appoitment.

The actual number of beers consumed in the clubhouse is unknown, it was actually quoted to me as 25 and not 20 as I mentioned. They were all draws that he chugged nonstop once he tipped up the glass...........he'd tip it, empty it in one pull, set it down and say keep 'em coming! He's no stranger to alcohol poisioning and been in the hospital for it several times.

Probably some 8 ounce (3.2) taps or something, for a big Irishman like him. I don't know what this whole situation is about - it seems a couple of you posting on this thread have some anecdotal evidence - but maybe it was a publicity stunt?

BOTTOM LINE:

The man is in dire need of professional help. I don't see him coming down on his own or just "slowing down" as he says he can do. If he keeps this up he is going to die sooner than later. One also has to admit that he is in the process of committing suicide, he knows the human body cannot take what he is doing his own. he is in a dark place and we can only hope he will get the help he needs before he dies.

I want to see more posts by steelpride. The stuff he has posted so far has been hilarious.

"never disrespected anyone" I doubt the exwife he beat would agree with that

"never disrespected the game" If that video wasn't enough. Multiple withdrawals and pulling out of tournaments because he is "sick" - I guess those don't count....right?

Please post more. I love blind allegiance.

I want to see more posts by steelpride. The stuff he has posted so far has been hilarious.

"never disrespected anyone" I doubt the exwife he beat would agree with that

"never disrespected the game" If that video wasn't enough. Multiple withdrawals and pulling out of tournaments because he is "sick" - I guess those don't count....right?

Please post more. I love blind allegiance.

I bet he thinks the government has everything under control as well. :clapping: