MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :) I wanted to share some pictures of another Custom MACHINE that was just finished for a customer :)

This MACHINE consists of a M2A Converter head milled from Billet Copper head and a Billet Copper Fat Back Flange with Custom triple sightlines finished in our Antique Patina Finish. The Medallion is a Black Anodized Alloy Medallion :)

The hosel on this MACHINE is a 303 Stainless Hand Bent Hosel finished in a Custom Torch Finish.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M2A_BC_CCD_C_Kenner_12c.jpg

MP_M2A_BC_CCD_C_Kenner_12ch.jpg

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the great comments. I am happy to advise that we are now making the first Mokume Gane Logo Medallions as a new option for our Custom MACHINE putters.

We commissioned [size=2] [/size][size="2"]a foundry here in the US that follows the ancient techniques, and make them using advanced forging equipment to our custom sized billets so that we can CNC mill them to the exact sizes and dimensions we require for our medallions. We square up the raw billets, cut them into smaller sheet stock, and then mill the medallions out using multiple fixtures, tools, machining and finishing steps. I then hand patina the medallions, and then we engrave through the patina, and additional hand finishing and “secret sauce” to bring out the logo luster. [/size]
[size="2"]
[/size]
[size="2"]The first Mokume Medallion shown below on M10 Proto ART Putter ISS #1, has a Torched Hot Sauce patina on a Brass, Nickel Silver and Bronze in a Double Random Mokume pattern, which I think pairs very nicely with the Hand Hammered Peening in the shoulders and the Modular Center Shaft-Over hosel. [/size]
[size="2"]
[/size]
[size="2"][attachment=1047419:MP_M10_ProtoART_KP_Sim_WIP_16ct_MG_LM_Opt1.jpg][/size]
[size="2"][attachment=1047421:MP_M10_ProtoART_KP_Sim_WIP_16c_MG_LM_Opt1.jpg]
[/size]
[size="2"]
[/size]
[size="2"]The second Mokume Medallion shown below is a Bronze and Nickel Silver Mokume with dark antique patina, paired with its new Garage Putter home, a M2A Converter in Aluminum Bronze with Beefy Back, Hand Hammered Peening, and a new 18 sided hand cut faceted hand bent hosel in Aluminum Bronze. [/size]
[size="2"]
[/size]
[size="2"]Hope you enjoy![/size]
[size="2"]
[/size]
[size="2"][attachment=1047431:MP_M2A_E_Bielecki_WIP_20c_Mokume_LM_Opt1.jpg]
[/size]
[size="2"]
[/size]
[size="2"]Thanks again for all the great comments and support![/size]
[size="2"]
[/size]
[size="2"]-Dave[/size]

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the great comments. I am happy to advise that we are now making the first Mokume Gane Logo Medallions as a new option for our Custom MACHINE putters.

We commissioned a foundry here in the US that follows the ancient techniques, and make them using advanced forging equipment to our custom sized billets so that we can CNC mill them to the exact sizes and dimensions we require for our medallions. We square up the raw billets, cut them into smaller sheet stock, and then mill the medallions out using multiple fixtures, tools, machining and finishing steps. I then hand patina the medallions, and then we engrave through the patina, and additional hand finishing and "secret sauce" to bring out the logo luster.

The first Mokume Medallion shown below on M10 Proto ART Putter ISS #1, has a Torched Hot Sauce patina on a Brass, Nickel Silver and Bronze in a Double Random Mokume pattern, which I think pairs very nicely with the Hand Hammered Peening in the shoulders and the Modular Center Shaft-Over hosel.

The second Mokume Medallion shown below is a Bronze and Nickel Silver Mokume with dark antique patina, paired with its new Garage Putter home, a M2A Converter in Aluminum Bronze with Beefy Back, Hand Hammered Peening, and a new 18 sided hand cut faceted hand bent hosel in Aluminum Bronze.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks again for all the great comments and support!

-Dave

I thought I loved the Damascus, but when I saw these Mokume last week....I think I changed my mind! Dave what's the weight like compared to the other medallions? coolpics.gif

Hey Everyone,

We commissioned a foundry here in the US that follows the ancient techniques, and make them using advanced forging equipment to our custom sized billets so that we can CNC mill them to the exact sizes and dimensions we require for our medallions. We square up the raw billets, cut them into smaller sheet stock, and then mill the medallions out using multiple fixtures, tools, machining and finishing steps. I then hand patina the medallions, and then we engrave through the patina, and additional hand finishing and "secret sauce" to bring out the logo luster.

The first Mokume Medallion shown below on M10 Proto ART Putter ISS #1, has a Torched Hot Sauce patina on a Brass, Nickel Silver and Bronze in a Double Random Mokume pattern, which I think pairs very nicely with the Hand Hammered Peening in the shoulders and the Modular Center Shaft-Over hosel.

The second Mokume Medallion shown below is a Bronze and Nickel Silver Mokume with dark antique patina, paired with its new Garage Putter home, a M2A Converter in Aluminum Bronze with Beefy Back, Hand Hammered Peening, and a new 18 sided hand cut faceted hand bent hosel in Aluminum Bronze.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks again for all the great comments and support!

-Dave

I thought I loved the Damascus, but when I saw these Mokume last week....I think I changed my mind! Dave what's the weight like compared to the other medallions? coolpics.gif

+1 :fan_1: WOW! Those look awesome Dave. Going to have to stop by and see in person soon. Any word from USGA on the TMG's? Mike

Thanks Alex! The weights of the first protos are very close to the brass or copper at approx. 10 grams ea. We are experimenting with some different materials and thicknesses, and I'll post more photos and info as we go.

Thanks,

-Dave

[quote name='sompin2do' timestamp='1330453628' post='4396231']
+1 :fan_1: WOW! Those look awesome Dave. Going to have to stop by and see in person soon. Any word from USGA on the TMG's? Mike
[/quote]

Thanks Mike! Happy to show you in person! Just give me a call or shoot me an email so we can coordinate.

We did hear back from the USGA on our initial Thread Mill Grooves. It turns out that we were a little deep on the widest grooves for the current Guidelines, so we are modifying our tooling slightly to make sure all pitches conform without any problems. We have already ordered new custom tooling, and everything will be the same except the bottom of the widest grooves (TMG-16, 20 and 24) will be flat bottomed instead of V shaped.

This modification doesn't affect the performance of the grooves in any way (unless maybe you happen to be putting out of thick, wet rough with very high swing speeds! :crazy: )... lol

Seriously, the only other difference will be a slightly altered appearance at the edges of the grooves as the tool enters and exits the face (a truncated, flat bottomed V shape). I'll post photos and more details as we refine the next protos and make official submissions of production models. We're excited about these modifications and look forward to conformance rulings on all the available TMG pitches and then going out on Tour and to our customers with this new technology and more great groove customization options!

Thanks,

-Dave

For any of those medallions, what would happen if you could add a washer or something at each bolt behind the medallion in effect creating a small gap/cavity. Would you get a xylophone-effect reverberating "ding" each time the ball hits the face ala a sound slot?

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

[quote name='B-Man' timestamp='1330531230' post='4402479']
For any of those medallions, what would happen if you could add a washer or something at each bolt behind the medallion in effect creating a small gap/cavity. Would you get a xylophone-effect reverberating "ding" each time the ball hits the face ala a sound slot?
[/quote]

It would be even better if you could slide in an electronic device that makes it sound like a driver when you hit it. Better yet make it a pure note.

[quote name='whatshannenin' timestamp='1330543387' post='4404181']
[quote name='Snufles' timestamp='1330522174' post='4401529']
So once you have a Machine with the medallions could you order different ones and replace them yourself?
[/quote]

Yes. The medallions are fully interchangeable by the customer, if you had several different ones.
[/quote]

Excellent! Gonna get my pennies working for me over the summer and see what happens.

[quote name='Snufles' timestamp='1330545547' post='4404443']
[quote name='whatshannenin' timestamp='1330543387' post='4404181']
[quote name='Snufles' timestamp='1330522174' post='4401529']
So once you have a Machine with the medallions could you order different ones and replace them yourself?
[/quote]

Yes. The medallions are fully interchangeable by the customer, if you had several different ones.
[/quote]

Excellent! Gonna get my pennies working for me over the summer and see what happens.
[/quote]

They are very unique because they can be customized in metal type, finish, stamping or engraving. It's just another very cool option on an already awesome putter!!! :drinks:

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great comments lately :) For those that have sent me e-mails, I am asking for some patience this weekend. My sister is graduating the Air Force so I am going to take a road trip to her graduation. I will have my computer on me and will do my best to be online each night.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a great weekend :) I wanted to share with you a Custom MACHINE that was just completed for a customer.

This MACHINE consists of a 5.0 M1A Adjuster Head milled from Aluminum Bronze, and Aluminum Bronze Plumber Neck and a Aluminum Bronze Cavity Medallion. The Bumpers have been melted for a softer look and then Dave finished this MACHINE in his Antique Pre-Worn Patina :)

The Head Weight of this MACHINE as pictured with 4 Tungsten and 2 Steel Weights is 360.8 Grams :)

Enjoy :)

-Chris

MP_M1AA_J_Gylan_12c.jpg

MP_M1AA_J_Gylan_12f.jpg

MP_M1AA_J_Gylan_12ch.jpg

MP_M1AA_J_Gylan_12ad.jpg

MP_M1AA_J_Gylan_12s.jpg

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week :) I wanted to share pics of Damascus MACHINE Custom that is now complete and getting ready to head to it's new owner :)

On this one...I think I will let the pics do the talking. LOL Love the grain on this one :)

-Chris

MP_M1Aa_A_Xu_Damas_15c_.jpg

MP_M1Aa_A_Xu_Damas_15ch.jpg

MP_M1Aa_A_Xu_Damas_15f.jpg

MP_M1Aa_A_Xu_Damas_15c_Ltd_ghc.jpg

Hey Guys

I don't post often, but I have been a committed lurker (think 5+ visits everyday) for the past 3 years. I feel as though I don't have much to offer, but I learn something new everyday without fail. I just wanted to give my heartfelt thanks to Dave, Chris and all the people at Machine who worked so hard to put this baby (the pictures above) together for me, and also for putting up with my constant nagging. The pictures above are an undeniable testament to the quality of their work, and also as to why I might've been so anxious to receive this beauty. The looks are not all, the putter has really performed for me the past few months, and i can't wait to take it on my tour of the California coast! The putter has been affectionately named 'the samurai sword' by my teammates, and I always get requests to see it, for its beauty and detail, as well as its performance. Thank you again Chris and Dave for all your hard work, and this amazing product. These men are amazing to work with, incredibly accommodating, and truly love the work that they do.

Thanks,

Alex

[quote name='Alex Xu' timestamp='1331050505' post='4447735']
Hey Guys
I don't post often, but I have been a committed lurker (think 5+ visits everyday) for the past 3 years. I feel as though I don't have much to offer, but I learn something new everyday without fail. I just wanted to give my heartfelt thanks to Dave, Chris and all the people at Machine who worked so hard to put this baby (the pictures above) together for me, and also for putting up with my constant nagging. The pictures above are an undeniable testament to the quality of their work, and also as to why I might've been so anxious to receive this beauty. The looks are not all, the putter has really performed for me the past few months, and i can't wait to take it on my tour of the California coast! The putter has been affectionately named 'the samurai sword' by my teammates, and I always get requests to see it, for its beauty and detail, as well as its performance. Thank you again Chris and Dave for all your hard work, and this amazing product. These men are amazing to work with, incredibly accommodating, and truly love the work that they do.
Thanks,
Alex
[/quote]

Alex,

Thanks for the great post. I know I speak for Dave as well when I say it was a pleasure working with you on this MACHINE. I hope she makes you a ton of putts :)

If there is anything we can do to help in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a great weekend :) I wanted to share with you a Custom MACHINE that was just completed for a customer.

This MACHINE consists of a 5.0 M1A Adjuster Head milled from Aluminum Bronze, and Aluminum Bronze Plumber Neck and a Aluminum Bronze Cavity Medallion. The Bumpers have been melted for a softer look and then Dave finished this MACHINE in his Antique Pre-Worn Patina :)

The Head Weight of this MACHINE as pictured with 4 Tungsten and 2 Steel Weights is 360.8 Grams :)

-Chris

MP_M1AA_J_Gylan_12c.jpg

MP_M1AA_J_Gylan_12f.jpg

MP_M1AA_J_Gylan_12ch.jpg

MP_M1AA_J_Gylan_12ad.jpg

MP_M1AA_J_Gylan_12s.jpg

Love the site line on the top and love the patina finish on this putter. Aluminum bronze is very underrated and like copper, the unique natural patinas or applied finishes give so many one of a kind and unique looks!!! coolpics.gif

[quote name='Alex Xu' timestamp='1331050505' post='4447735']

Hey Guys
Thanks,
Alex
[/quote]

Hey Alex!

Thanks so much for the great post and for all your very kind comments! I think you have lots to offer! :) I am so happy you like the looks and the performance of your "samurai sword" Damascus MACHINE. It was a pleasure working with you, and reading your post reminds Chris and I and the team why we love doing what we do!

I hope your beauty performs admirably on your California tour! I wish I was joining you in my old stomping grounds! :) Please keep us posted on how your trip goes in the beautiful golden state and beyond.

Thanks again for the great post and for all of your great support!

All the best,

-Dave

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great week :) I wanted to share some pictures with yall of a Custom MACHINE Garage Putter that was just completed for a customer.

This MACHINE features a 5.0 1018 Carbon M1A Adjuster Head with Hand Hammered Peening and a Custom Sound Slot. The hosel is a 1018 Carbon Disco Ball Hand Bent Hosel. The bumpers have been melted for a more flowing look :)

The customer also elected to add some Alphabet Soup stamping to the sole :)

The finish on this MACHINE is our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish :)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M1A_J_Catlett_Garage_21c.jpg

MP_M1A_J_Catlett_Garage_21ch.jpg

MP_M1A_J_Catlett_Garage_21ad.jpg

MP_M1A_J_Catlett_Garage_21f.jpg

MP_M1A_J_Catlett_Garage_21s.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great week :) I wanted to share some pictures with yall of a Custom MACHINE Garage Putter that was just completed for a customer.

This MACHINE features a 5.0 1018 Carbon M1A Adjuster Head with Hand Hammered Peening and a Custom Sound Slot. The hosel is a 1018 Carbon Disco Ball Hand Bent Hosel. The bumpers have been melted for a more flowing look :)

Thanks in advance

-Chris

That is a mean looking Machine.

Grats to the person that picked out the options for this one.good.gif

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance

-Chris

She's a beauty! This is exactly why I'm going with the Garage putter. Love the Disco Ball Hosel and other options available with this custom.