Any Club Cameron members out there?

tarik

Are you satisfied?
I'm just now getting into the Scotty Cameron craze. I have always had a few that I alternate but want to start collecting some of the rarer putters. I noticed that the Scotty Cameron website offers a members service which requires the member to purchase a membership package for $93.00+shipping. I guess what Im trying to ask is what do members get and is it worth it? Are new putters and collectors putters available to members first and do they run out of stock fast? Anything would be cool.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, I read your comment and I was a 2004 member of the Cameron Club. What you really get is you can send emails to Scotty Cameron him self and he will anwser them. I only did this 3 times though. Most of the time I just went through other peoples questions and read there answers. When I joined it cost $93. Every year when you join they give out stuff. I got a Scotty Cameron duffle bag, sticker, beanie bear and a Scotty Cameron headcover. As for as I know members dont get access to special puttters. In my opion I dont think its really worth $ 93

Evan

I can honestly not recommend the Cameron Fan Club. I've been a member for 2 years and have to say the site is rarely updated and the information provided is not up to date. All info you need you can receive either in this forum or at www.thecameroncollector.com in advance of the CC members. The stuff he distributes, you can buy via ebay. Prices are more or less identical.

Just my 2 cents.

I have been a CC member since 05. I think the welcome pack alone is worth the 93 bucks. Look at it this way....

In the 05 package

05 CC Headcover (Ebay for 40+ bucks)

05 CC Tee Shirt (Ebay for 25 bucks)

05 CC Hat (Ebay for 25 bucks)

o5 CC Mouse Pad (Ebay for 20 bucks)

05 CC Pin/Sticker (ebay for 15 bucks)

Even if you just sold everything....you would make a good 30+ Dollars. Besides that, the main positives about the site are a few fold, the ability to email Scotty and have him email you back personally (yes, it is him that responds, this was one of my questions to him) and also, the ability to buy things before everyone else, and while yes, you can buy them on Ebay within minutes of being on sale in the CC store, you will pay more on ebay for headcovers, PGA Major Tee Shirts, Accesories, Bags etc....

The other content is cool, but does need to be updated more...i think many are emailing about that, and I think should change in the future...one thing scotty has always done well is listen to his fans and clients....

The O6 Backage has a headcover, shirt, Hat, Backpack, sticker...etc....you can see these items on Ebay, again making it well worth the 93 bucks....

I'm just now getting into the Scotty Cameron craze. I have always had a few that I alternate but want to start collecting some of the rarer putters. I noticed that the Scotty Cameron website offers a members service which requires the member to purchase a membership package for $93.00+shipping. I guess what Im trying to ask is what do members get and is it worth it? Are new putters and collectors putters available to members first and do they run out of stock fast? Anything would be cool.

I am in pretty much the same scenario as you are. New to collecting but I can't remember when I had anything other than a Cameron putter in my bag. I pulled the trigger and signed up for the club this year after about a year or so of debating. The 06 welcome kit has some cool stuff, but I think that the hat and shirt are the only things I will actually use. It was nice to get an advanced notice about the staff bags, even though they sold out in like 10 minutes. There was an email sent out today that stated that there will be two more staff bags released later on. I don't know if I'd drop the 490 bucks but it was kind of nice to have the option. Anyway, there isn't a whole lot more to the website once your a member but the stuff that is there is pretty cool. From what I've seen, the same info can be found on this site if you look around.

Value for money quotient is debatable, could be marginally good value if you accept the above quoted "values" as realistically what they're worth.

I joined in 2005, liked the shirt, loved both the hat and head cover, and thought the mousepad and lapel pin were just cheesy. Was there anything else? maybe a sticker.. Value wise it's no bargain, but just about OK. If it were something you had to rejoin each year I wouldn't bother.

You do get advanced notice when headcovers and other trinkets go on sale, but no access to limited edition putters, arguably the only really collectible thing he does (collectible being a combination of rarity/unique quality/attractiveness in my opinion).

Just a thought.. Can anyone explain why the headcovers appear almost immediately on eBay at virtually the same price that club members pay? If you don't want to keep it then why bother buying it in the first place. My point is, they're not super limited edition or anything, just cute, very overpriced gimmicks.

I was a member in 2004, but honestly - unless you want to KEEP and USE the stuff that comes in the kit, I cannot recommend ClubCameron. The 2004 package deal was great -a schweet duffel bag (that I still use everyday) a bear (I sold), Headcover (used it for a year, then sold it), and a sticker, a pin, and some other stuff.

Frankly - I never could see anywhere/anyhow that I could get special access to limited/pre-release stuff. I was hoping to get some unique headcovers, or perhaps a really special edition putter, but I couldn't find/see how to do this?!?? Perhaps I was missing something - but I never could figure out what my true benefit was, other than emailing Scotty (he always gives very short, curt responses anyway). I also don't see the point in being able to buy some special items (like the Staff Bags) if too many other people scarf 'em up anyway.

If I KNEW that I could get pre-release access to special release putters, Tour-edition items, leftovers & prototypes, and perhaps other items like that, I'd join again. For now - I love Camerons, but I won't join again unless I REALLY want to Keep/Use/Sell the stuff in the welcome kit.

I think the Club Cameron thing really boils down to a few things. 1, ability to talk to Scotty directly. 2. Getting the "Club package, which is a good value IMO", 3. Ability to score something very unique like the Staff Bag. I did get a Red/Black one. For 532, tax and shipped. I could sell it right now for well over 1100 dollars + shipping. But I wont, I will be keeping it as the display to keep my collection in. Who knows how high those bags go....they went 800-900 day 1 when there was 50 listed before the chaos. A few days ago, it was down to 25...bags shot up to 1000. Today a few days later, auctions are over 1300 with about 10 bags left. Once this current invetory is gone, expect these things to go way up. But again, thats not why I have mine....but still some do it to honestly try and make money. ..No doubt about it.

havin read what you get as part of the package its hard to judge whether its worth it, but i think alot of people join just for the opportunity to talk to scotty and to some people this nearly justifies the 93$.but for the people who never use the service of talkin to scotty, it seems a bit overpriced

It is Scotty that answers them. I asked this specific question to him. He said it is him and two assitants. He said it it is in the Putter Design Forum, General questions forum etc...he answers them all. He said if its maitnance, he tells someone how to respond.

I asked him that exact question if it was him responding, He replyed that it was infact him. I believe him. Some may think I am foolish, but I do.

Last year It was good when they started the custom shop up but 6 months later they opened it to everyone.Also they keep promising to release limited putters thru the club but it never happpens and with the bags you can forget that happening now.Save your money and check here or the art of putters or cameron collectors.Theres alot more info there.