Vega irons

freded

Any Vega iron users out there
Recently got some Vega RAFW08 wegdes which I love and think I may well make the plunge and get some Vega irons as well.

Are there any Vega iron users out there who could share their thoughts on the irons. I'd really like to get some raw/black ones and they are currently offering the 50th anniversary cavitys, 02 cavitys and standard blades in raw/black finishes.

I've got a demo 01 cavity at the moment which is v nice but the black/raw finish heads just look the business.

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi There, I play vega 50th anniversary Japanese blades with kb tour shafts with iomic grips (geen) ,also had them with tour concept shafts which were good these cost me £1600 but the kb tour shafts are the best flight that suits me.These are a really top end clubs, I have not seen my club heads anywhere on any golf sites

Recently got some Vega RAFW08 wegdes which I love and think I may well make the plunge and get some Vega irons as well.

Are there any Vega iron users out there who could share their thoughts on the irons. I'd really like to get some raw/black ones and they are currently offering the 50th anniversary cavitys, 02 cavitys and standard blades in raw/black finishes.

I've got a demo 01 cavity at the moment which is v nice but the black/raw finish heads just look the business.

Thanks

I saw the blades for the first time at Nevada Bob in the City (London) very very nice indeed...

If the other items are as good you are left with only one choice.. just how many sets do you buy? :man_in_love:

63Brummie :clapping:

fairways and greens

Hi There, I play vega 50th anniversary Japanese blades with kb tour shafts with iomic grips (geen) ,also had them with tour concept shafts which were good these cost me £1600 but the kb tour shafts are the best flight that suits me.These are a really top end clubs, I have not seen my club heads anywhere on any golf sites

The 50th Anniversary Blades do look great. A mate of mine has just bought the standard blades although I'm reluctant to go the blade route. The 50th anniversary cavitys in black finish are therefore very tempting.

I just recently put the Vega RAWF-03 wedges in my bag and really like them so far. The leading edge is extremely sharp and knifes through anything. Great grind - I open the 57 no problem as the heel is really cut back. The headweight is a bit light but nothing a tip weight can't fix

I hit the 50th anniversary blades while I was waiting for the wedges to be finished and it was phenomenal. I would bag those in a second if I was looking for a new set of irons.

• 4 weeks later...

Very satisfied with Kyoei 50th anniv. CB and MB. KB seems like a nice match to those heads. The heads are small in size but have topline that is slightly thicker than the true blades. However, they have a balanced appearance. Thin sole and clean finish. Nice unique design that is shared between the cb and mb. I prefer the mb more than the cb. Mb has better feel on impact and produces higher ball flight. Also mb produces more spin. Don't know if the black versions for irons are raw, like the wedges. Raw version will produce a lot of spin but it may look ugly after some usage. Heard there will be a new cavity back model out soon. I'd wait for those. Overall, Kyoei irons feel amazing and has potential to gather a bigger following in the US with better marketing. I haven't tried a lot of forged iron models but these are the best yet, for myself.

Very satisfied with Kyoei 50th anniv. CB and MB. KB seems like a nice match to those heads. The heads are small in size but have topline that is slightly thicker than the true blades. However, they have a balanced appearance. Thin sole and clean finish. Nice unique design that is shared between the cb and mb. I prefer the mb more than the cb. Mb has better feel on impact and produces higher ball flight. Also mb produces more spin. Don't know if the black versions for irons are raw, like the wedges. Raw version will produce a lot of spin but it may look ugly after some usage. Heard there will be a new cavity back model out soon. I'd wait for those. Overall, Kyoei irons feel amazing and has potential to gather a bigger following in the US with better marketing. I haven't tried a lot of forged iron models but these are the best yet, for myself.

The new CB is called Zestaim NF-810 and here is a picture of it. It looks too close to my Matsu.

Mobilegolflab did a great job on my set . Great set of irons at a very reasonable price .

These irons are a different league . I have played Mizuno 33, 32, 14 Miura CB 's and others .

The Vega RAC FM muscle back are sweet , great looking and the softest irons . Unfortunately, i only had one round . Weather is holding me now.

Seriously thinking about getting some iron covers ,(always hated those....)

I've heard a lot about Vega are they any good, everyone I've heard talk about them says they are amazing.

[b][u]WITB:[/u][/b]

[b]Taylormade M3[/b] 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70-TX tipped 1 1/2 in.

[b]Taylormade SLDR Mini-Driver[/b] 12* Matrix Black 8M3 tipped 1 1/2 in.

[b]Taylormade P790[/b] 2-5i DG Tour Issue X100

[b]Taylormade P730[/b] 6-PW DG Tour Issue X100

[b]Vokey SM8[/b] 54M & 60M

[b]Giannini G-1[/b]

[b]Vice Pro+[/b] [color=#ff0000]Neon Red [/color]

Very sweet irons, and they look amazing.... they might be coming to the Trade show in Orlando in Jan..... then into the USA from there....

I live close to one of the fitting places in the UK, and have tried most of them. the RAW versions of the RAFC-2 and the 50th anniversary CB are something very special....

Vega RAF-CM Raw Limited Edition:

$2,400 USD

$3,000 CAD

You're kidding, right?

That is for the RAW BLACK that is a limited edition thing of course its more money.

The satin ones go from $150-$190 per club that is with KBS, RIFLE, TOUR CONCEPT, or NIPPONS

OEM charge $800 for cast ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Take apart some OEM clubs and you will see why most club builders hate OEM and would prefer Miura, Vega, Fourteen, Epon and so on. We can order headweight exactly what we want for desired length and they come exactly 6-7 gram increments apart. OEM's can't even get head weights correct they just slap tip weights in everything to get it right which is why usually you have one club in your set that feel awesome and another one feels horrible or just has a weird ball flight.

Proper fitted clubs don't come from a shelf but the OEM'S will tell you different.

The zestaim is out in KOREA and may be available in Europe but another cavity back model will debut in the US market(speculation). You can catch a glimpse of it on the US Vega site flash intro... nope, it looks like its there no more, gone. Seems the pic was taken out some time ago...

I have been emailing the UK distributor for several weeks now.....great service......sent me a 6 iron head on spec.

He tells me that VEGA will definitely be in Orlando for the Show. US distribution to start after that. I am only interested in the RAFC-02 so I can't speak to the "raw" and "anniv." editions discussed here in this thread.

The RAFC-02 is a cavity back and I have to tell you all that I am impressed with the quality of the head.....haven't found the shaft yet. "OEM" is FST although they will shaft with KB as well.

Yes, the price is high....as any quality item will be. To me, the RAFC-02 is less harsh than the Muira MC-102 (US).....I promised them I would make a decision within the week...

temptation...temptation...but then again, it is Christmas!

I ended up with a set of the Raw RAFC02s and love them. Tried to post pictures but can't for some reason but they are the nicest set of irons I've ever had. The 02 is the largest cavity Vega do but the raw finish makes them look smaller. I've got FST Pro 115 shafts in mine. Only played once with them so far and they were really good but have had about 10 range sessions and liking them more the more I hit them. The 02 is slightly offset which won't be to everybody's taste but they suit me well.

I have also have got Raw RAFW08 wedges and a Vega DAF driver.

The RAW RAFC-02 look amazing... I have the normal satin versions, which are great but the RAW Vega head's are a thing of beauty....

If they did a RAW version of the smaller cavity iron RAFC-01 I'd be very tempted to get those, and shaft them with the KBS Black Nickel shafts....:ninja:

Reason I went for the larger O2s is that the raw finish makes them look smaller-was initially tempted by the raw blades but the heads look so small when you get down to the longer irons. 02s are a great iron (although the whole range is pretty special).

what is the difference between the vega irons sold for 3x the price in the UK and the vega irons sold by tourspec?? does anyone know??

VEGA is "expanding" in 2009...many new offerings.....and US distributor may not carry everything that UK does .........for instance, currently RAFC-02 is UK distribution but not US.

Eventually, I am told that this will change and US distribution will be comprised of a complete catalog.

Main difference in UK is the Distributor is selling CNC milled cavity backs....tourspec may be selling forged irons with non-CNC milled cavities. This is the "older process" from VEGA I am told. I am relying on email conversation with UK distributor that the milled cavities increase cost of production considerably. The "new VEGA" will be truely forged iron/CNC milled cavity / hand ground. Obviously more labor intensive.

Also, we here in the US of A tend to forget that UK has to charge VAT (value added tax) on EVERYTHING (or just about.) This adds to the price difference as well. NOTE: this tax would be waived on sale /delivery to US address I believe.

So.........it pays to research everything fully!

what is the difference between the vega irons sold for 3x the price in the UK and the vega irons sold by tourspec?? does anyone know??

The sets for sale on Tourspec are the original Vega V-Muscle and V-Cavity. Cold forged, taper tip. The newer Vega's are parallel tipped and in my opinion don't hold a candle to the originals. Feel just isn't as good. The originals felt BETTER than Miura. The new ones unfortunately don't.