2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger's read my lips on camera

How many 4 letters have you seen already at Quail Hollow this week?
I counted about 10 today alone of the f%^, and s^&*, and D#$^ 's all flying
while on close up camera. Anyone can read his lips, it is obvious he is always swearing. Just about 4 pissy clubs semi grounded in disgust after an average shots though today. That is down I thin from his 7.5 average per round.
I believe he is gettng worse instead of better on tour with his attituute that you Eldrick lovers call
intensity.

Go Lefty GO! Beat him just like you did in the Master's.
Show all the viewers your smile and grace.
Give us Philly Mic all over the place (TV) !

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:boredom:

I think it's well established Tiger has a potty mouth. Ever heard Christina Kim? She'd make a sailor blush!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Like Woody Austin said, he's agressive. I bet you can find gentlemen in NHL since we have all kinds of personalities as the sports getting more and more polular. Some would claim Phil is annoying for his personality, which I don't agree either. Dirty lip reading on the other side is close to crime of thinking, we have to keep an eye on ourselves, too.

There are soooo many pro's who constantly curse when hitting bad shots when under the gun, whether they're trying to make the cut, are in contention on the end of a tourney, or in a major. Golf is considered more of a sport now than ever. It has come along way since the elitist gentleman's game it was 80 years ago. The last time I remember hearing a live swear was by Stuart Appleby after hitting a ball in the water on the 72nd hole of the '07 Shell Houston Open, it was the big old "motherf***er"... Since then I'd be willing to be that they've stepped up their efforts on editing and using around a 5 second delay. There are a lot of times when I'm watching a tourney and then all of a sudden someone hits a bad shot and then there is just silence for about 2-3 seconds immediately following the shot. This happens all of the time and I'd be willing to bet that they more often will use a different camera and/or audio angle after someone curses following a poor shot so this is why it's harder to see other pro's cursing. EVERY SINGLE SHOT OF TIGER'S ROUND IS SHOWN LIVE OR WITHIN 10 SECONDS OR SO. This does not happen with any other golfer on tour, not even Phil. This is why people think Tiger curses so much more than everyone else out there when in reality, not so. Yes, I'd agree that he use profanity more than most out there, but it's not like he's head and shoulders above everyone else, at least not in this category.

BTW, I've read Phil's lips after a poor shot and seen plenty of four letter words uttered from his breath.

I love that he swears. Makes him more normal. I swear on the golf course, so do my friends. And I rarely have a few hundred grand riding on a single tee shot.

Me too, it just shows that he's a human being and in the words of Jimmy Buffet... "human beings are flawed individuals"

Oh I meant to mention this... I cannot tell you the number of players I saw spitting... everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Guys dipping, spitting loads of tobacco... etc etc. These guys are no different than your average joe when it comes to this stuff, with Tiger we just get to see it upclose and personal due to the camera coverage.

Wow if you think that Tiger's cussing,spitting and throwing of clubs is bad dont go to a NHL game or any other sports game.

Other sporting events aren't known as a "gentlemen's game".

i'm going to assume you've never watched Vijay, Angel, or Ian play, have you?

i'm not talking on TV, i mean in person.

Tiger doesn't even come close to comparing to what these guys do/say after bad shots.

i find a well-timed f-bomb to be both relaxing and good mid-round swing fix... in fact, it's part of my practice routine on the range now. hit a bad shot, f-bomb, pure the next. ;) it's a sport, not a church outing and i'm sure if you had a camera in your face all day there would be some unflattering footage, too.

What else is new? He's doing it every week. This is why my 5 yr old doesn't watch golf. Between Tiger and Pat Perez, I don't know who's worse...

And people call him classy? Right... Because spitting a wad of mucus, cursing, and throwing clubs is classy.

At some point your 5 year old will realize that there is cursing and spitting in this world. Banning him from watching golf is silly. If he wants to watch it let him. If Tiger does something you don't like tell him that is not the way to act. That said I have no problem with cursing, just words.

There was a time when using foul language in public reflected poorly on one's character. Hopefully good manners are not becoming obsolete but it seems it is just a matter of time. I occasionally swear after poor shots, but I'd be embarrassed if others heard me, so I make sure they can't before spewing my F-bombs.

Wow if you think that Tiger's cussing,spitting and throwing of clubs is bad dont go to a NHL game or any other sports game.

This is PGA Tour golf not the NHL,NFL, and other's where that is to be expected.

What a weak comeback. Another Tiger love I am guessing.

What does your tough guy avitar have to do with golf by the way.

Does that not belong on your NRA blog avaitar?

Gentlemans game as an earlier post states.

That says it best and Eldrick chooses not to be a gentleman, more like Bill Lambeer, not Gary Fisher as long as we are talking other pro sports!

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Since Tiger came on the scene and started dominating, I'd say the "gentlemen's game" moniker no longer exists. He brought a whole new type to the game, like it or not. How many times have you heard the phrase, "well, Tiger made the game cool now"? Well, with that comes "cool" people, him included. I'm not saying this is good or bad, just the way it is. More types of people are playing and watching golf than ever before. And I'm not just talking black. Young, "cool", minorities, not just the more conservative people as in the past.

I frankly LOVE to watch him play as so often it's such a display of greatness. I could do without all the GD's and stuff but, like in most everything else, you gotta take the bad with the good. Embrace the greatness, let good parents be their kids' role model.

Tigers human....sorry to dissapoint. I too am glad he swears, i am glad phil just says "Dang Gonnit" with his twang accent....to me it adds to their character...and before i get blamed for loving God...i mean Tiger..yeah, he's the best thing in a game i love. And for whoever mentioned an NHL game...I have talked with Jarome Iginla, nicest guy in everyway possible and would tell you himself not to swear if he heard...but listen to him on the ice....dont judge someone for their on ice/on course actions.......hell maybe even sean avery is human...

What I think is missing is that these athletes are at work in front of the people that pay their salaries. Do you use this type of language when you are at work or in front of your customers? I hope not. I would hate for my waiter or doctor to start dropping f-bombs because they made a mistake. Just because it is done in other sports doesn't mean it should be accepted as proper behavior.I don't want to have to explain to my grandson what that word means when we are on the golf course. If it isn't a word you would say to your grandmother why would you say it on T.V.? :blind:

To be technical about it, Nike pays the huge majority of Tiger's salary. And the Tour/tournaments pay another large part of it. You can bet he acts in a way that he feels is "appropriate" to them. The fans only indirectly pay his salary. And you don't need to say "without the fans..."; well, duh, but the fans ain't goin' anywhere so that's a moot point.

I bet if you're having heart surgery and your doc drops his scalpel in your chest or cuts something accidentally, he's not gonna say "golly gee, I just severed all his goshdurn arteries".

He's just a guy who's in the constant limelight in an intense environment reacting to potential setbacks, saying things that the vast majority of people say in intense and emotional moments in their lives. Nothing more, nothing less.