2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Hakusa Golf?

soflahack

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Seems fishy [/b][i][/i][u][/u]to me no top clubmaker have these only an online store which they are all tied together golfshaft deals is really M.L. WILSON which is a shaft supply company in Florida not builders. If I am going to pay this kind of money it better be custom built by a certified builder and fitter. There are a few companies in the U.S. that really deal with the Japan market and they know nothing about these and they carry a lot of high end Japan products one guy carries George Spirits, Epon, Vega, Fourteen, Yamada Milled, Gauge Design, Miura, ONandOff, Scratch just to name a few and when I called him and said he could not get any info back on these.

Rolex what is your vendetta? And Blade technology has always looked similar over the past 50 years so similarity in blades is always going to happen. They also look similar to nike vrs... why don't u post pictures of those as well. I have a set of hakusas and once you hit them and see them in person you will see the difference.

R ur bargin basement irons one piece s25c forging my kyoei or some chinese knockoff that is most likely casted?

you're an odd odd person...

[quote name='Rolex' post='2023671' date='Oct 24 2009, 10:12 AM']I found a used set of these the other day (I'm in Japan). They don't have the kanji stamped on them. They look gold in the photos from the lighting, and the shadowing doesn't show the same, but they're the same club.

The 9 iron has some lead tape on the back.

The set (3-SW with DG-S200) is in better condition than the photos show and was 2,100 yen including tax. I bought them just for fun. The currency conversion is left as an exercise.

[attachment=484067:7i.jpg]
[attachment=484068:9i.jpg][/quote]

These aren´t the same irons. Look at the muscle, it has a different shape.

Yamaha V202 Tour - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha v FW 14° - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha IFF 19° - Tour AD DI-7
Epon Personal 3-P - DG Pro
Yamaha Inpres X 52° 58° - DG Spinner
Golds Factory SUS 303 custom
WITB Link

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have one of their tour wedges and it is AMAZING.

I dont know (nor care) what Hakusa means, but I think it should stand for "soft like butter", or "like nothin' you've ever hit".

T.I. Callaway X Hot 10.5* - Fubuki K
T.I. Callaway X Hot 15* - Fubuki AX
T.I. TM r7 5wd w/A.L.E. - ATX Blue
Cobra S3 ProS 5-9 w/XP105s, 588 RTX 46*
B-stone West coast design 52/58
Odyssey ProType #3

[quote name='Rolex' date='29 September 2009 - 05:03 AM' timestamp='1254225834' post='1977745']
This "Ikasu Golf" is another one. "[i]Ikasu[/i] means "nice" in Japanese and there is no "Ikasu Golf" in Japan. No one in Japan would call their company or product "nice."
[/quote]

I am not so sure about "ikasu" means "nice". As far as I know, ikasu means keep alive, living, or make the most of something. I didn't live in Japan for 20 years, not even for one full year. But I do speak a some Japanese and I got some Japanese friends.

Even if ikasu does mean "nice", based on my understanding of Japanese people I see no reason for a Japanese company call themselves nice. They are proud of their products to be #1 and "nice" is not too much at all.

As for Hakusa, without knowing the kanji, it is very hard to know what it means. It could be someone's last name, a very rare one. Or it could mean chiffon. Or it could be...

Ikashite oku is to spare a person's life. Ikikaerasu is to bring a person to life. Ikasu used as Ikasu Golf would mean something like "Nice Golf" or "Cool Golf."

Kyoei forges many different heads. Some are great quality, using the best material and ground to tight tolerances. Others are cheap, generic heads that others stamp with any name they want. These heads are the cheap ones, just like ball manufacturers make range balls and tour quality balls.

I don't have an ax to grind. People can sell these as high quality forgings, if they wish. A 15 handicap probably couldn't tell the difference between these and high quality forgings. Caveat emptor.

[quote name='Rolex' date='23 February 2010 - 03:43 AM' timestamp='1266921818' post='2271133']
Ikashite oku is to spare a person's life. Ikikaerasu is to bring a person to life. Ikasu used as Ikasu Golf would mean something like "Nice Golf" or "Cool Golf."

Kyoei forges many different heads. Some are great quality, using the best material and ground to tight tolerances. [b]Others are cheap, generic heads that others stamp with any name they want. These heads are the cheap ones, just like ball manufacturers make range balls and tour quality balls[/b].

I don't have an ax to grind. People can sell these as high quality forgings, if they wish. A 15 handicap probably couldn't tell the difference between these and high quality forgings. Caveat emptor.
[/quote]

Rolex, what are the examples of the cheap, generic heads that Kyoei forges for other companies? We all know Vega, Yururi are quality. Just curious to know the brand names of the inferior Kyoei produced clubs.

Mizuno JPX-900 | Fujikura Speeder EVO II 661
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17*
Mizuno JPX-900 Hybrid 21*
Taylormade P790 (5-Gap)
Callaway MD3 (58, 54)
Taylormade Spider Tour

They also forge David Whitlam's irons for Whitlam Golf and they are not cheap forgings either. Just because a Clubmaker(Bryant Brothers) decided to reach out to Kyeoli to do a forged line for him, does it make it cheap? They are the same designs and materials as their Vega line, just custom stamped for his line by the foundry.

Actually the word was chosen for several reasons. One is that they are made in one of the oldest and best golf forgeries in Japan (some would say in the world) so the father figure kind of approach and the other has to do with the fact that they american owned. So the USA part is actually pro USA. That and it sounds cool and the symbol is pretty sweet.

I use the C-Grind wedges and they come with no lofts stamped on them. The Gap wedges (48-53/54) come with red paint, the Sand wedge (54-58) comes in white, and the Lob wedge (58-64) comes in blue. But I am pretty sure you can get whatever color paint you want though but the Red White Blue has to do with the USA part.

Lots of local people are playing the wedges and everyone loves them so its not just me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just picked up a set of black Hakusa heads (4-P) and threw a set of Dynamic Gold X-100 Tour Issue shafts in them. All I can say is [b]WOW[/b] :ok::ok::ok: ! If they perform HALF as good as they look, I'll be tickled to death. The finished weight of each head was perfect...7 gram spread. I built the set +5/8" over standard length and every club came in exactly at D6...PW was D7. I'm gonna give the epoxy overnight to set and then off to the course!

[quote name='vertigo88' date='25 April 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1272225881' post='2399899']
Okay, so we now know that Hakusa is definitely a Kyoei spin off, considering what solfahack just posted.
[url="http://www.vega-golf.com/serialized-50th-anniversary-cavity-matt-black-buy-options.html"]http://www.vega-golf...uy-options.html[/url]
[/quote]

It has been stated all along that the clubs are derived from existing molds from Kyoei and all clubs are forged by Kyoei and hand ground by their people. Bryant looked at several different cavity backs and blades with different finishes and grinds before deciding on these. Looking at the Vega's, their are minor differences like a killed leading edge on the Hakusa's as not to dig.

Included is a pic of a cavity back prototype that did not make the grade during testing.

after getting the irons last week, I decided I wanted the tour issue wedges with the new conforming v grooves to go with them. They look awesome and have no stampings for loft or anything other than the Hakusa symbol. The red symbol is the 52, white is the 56, and blue is the 60. I will be putting them thru a round on Sunday.

• 3 months later...