Golfwrx.com Pay it Forward Thread (Social Experiment)

Well, when you hit a bump, you power through it I say...so lets get this thread back on track. I reached into the ol'closet and found an old school Ping O-Blade 85029 that I can offer up.....The putter is 35-inches and is for a righty. It has a beat Pro Only grip that will need to be changed.

First to hit me with a PM and ships tomorrow.....PAY IT FORWARD YO!

Steve

Edit: Am I supposed to post photos?

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am posting a PM sent to me on behalf of CSMGuitarman who has honorably offered an apology.

Does he really need to be banned??

I was sending this to every one that might have been upset from my actions.

i think i need to set a few things striaght before everyone decides that they hate me.

1. i did not accept the putting green. I was looking for one for my brother not for me. he is young and recently started to like golf. I told the guy to let someone else have because i felt i rushed into wanting it

2. why cant i ask what kind of green it is. for all i know it could have be 40 feet long or a just carpet. i have the right to be informed. if i said i have a putter. would you not ask what kind. would it matter if i was giving away a scotty or a top flite.

3. i am not profiting from any of this. i have put multiple items up for grabs and i happend to be lefty so they may not be as popular. i am not the one selling irons someone gave me for $200 dollars. i use the ping putter every day and have PMed my grattitude to the gentleman that gave it to me.

I have been banned with out warning and am PMing because it is the only way i can defend my self. i am sorry if i offended anyone how ever i believe it to be a misunderstanding.

if you could please post this on my behalf. i do not want to try and defend myself two weeks later, thank you

First of all, as Gxgolfer pointed out, HE WAS NOT BANNED!!! :crazy2: But please Boom Bapp, show me where csmguitarman "honorably offered an apology" because all I see is him justifying his actions in the post you put up for him. Same thing in the 4 PM's he's sent to me. Obviously he is capable only of thinking of his own behalf, he did it here, he did it in the lefty thread started by golow, and he posted a WTB--but was soliciting for freebies in the title.

When I gave him a two week posting suspension, I did it hoping that he would take the time to read the board, and get an idea of what the Golfwrx community is all about. I explained this to him, but all csmguitarman wants to do is justify his actions and move on with his putter collecting. Technically sticking out your grubby paw with a "gimme" sign isn't against the rules...so I dinged him for the multiple bumps to his sales ads. I figure the circumstances surrounding the ENTIRE situation mitigated an intervention. Thank you to all for your concerns, but let's let this thread get back to normal. If anybody has anything else they'd like to add, drop a PM. If I don't answer (read: csmguitarman), know that I consider your opinion worthless, or I just forgot. :)

BTW--Ian, the one who attempted to sell the irons he got here--was doing so on another board, he didn't abuse this system by trying to dip multiple times into the pool, AND (this is important csmguitarman, as it is something that you should take note of) he immediately apologized, recognizing what he did as being wrong. He didn't point fingers, trying to deflect attention. You did so in your PM to me and to Boom Bapp. Worry more about YOUR OWN ACTIONS!

:hi:

I am posting a PM sent to me on behalf of CSMGuitarman who has honorably offered an apology.

Does he really need to be banned??

I was sending this to every one that might have been upset from my actions.

i think i need to set a few things striaght before everyone decides that they hate me.

1. i did not accept the putting green. I was looking for one for my brother not for me. he is young and recently started to like golf. I told the guy to let someone else have because i felt i rushed into wanting it

2. why cant i ask what kind of green it is. for all i know it could have be 40 feet long or a just carpet. i have the right to be informed. if i said i have a putter. would you not ask what kind. would it matter if i was giving away a scotty or a top flite.

3. i am not profiting from any of this. i have put multiple items up for grabs and i happend to be lefty so they may not be as popular. i am not the one selling irons someone gave me for $200 dollars. i use the ping putter every day and have PMed my grattitude to the gentleman that gave it to me.

I have been banned with out warning and am PMing because it is the only way i can defend my self. i am sorry if i offended anyone how ever i believe it to be a misunderstanding.

if you could please post this on my behalf. i do not want to try and defend myself two weeks later, thank you

First of all, as Gxgolfer pointed out, HE WAS NOT BANNED!!! :crazy2: But please Boom Bapp, show me where csmguitarman "honorably offered an apology" because all I see is him justifying his actions in the post you put up for him. Same thing in the 4 PM's he's sent to me. Obviously he is capable only of thinking of his own behalf, he did it here, he did it in the lefty thread started by golow, and he posted a WTB--but was soliciting for freebies in the title.

When I gave him a two week posting suspension, I did it hoping that he would take the time to read the board, and get an idea of what the Golfwrx community is all about. I explained this to him, but all csmguitarman wants to do is justify his actions and move on with his putter collecting. Technically sticking out your grubby paw with a "gimme" sign isn't against the rules...so I dinged him for the multiple bumps to his sales ads. I figure the circumstances surrounding the ENTIRE situation mitigated an intervention. Thank you to all for your concerns, but let's let this thread get back to normal. If anybody has anything else they'd like to add, drop a PM. If I don't answer (read: csmguitarman), know that I consider your opinion worthless, or I just forgot. :)

BTW--Ian, the one who attempted to sell the irons he got here--was doing so on another board, he didn't abuse this system by trying to dip multiple times into the pool, AND (this is important csmguitarman, as it is something that you should take note of) he immediately apologized, recognizing what he did as being wrong. He didn't point fingers, trying to deflect attention. You did so in your PM to me and to Boom Bapp. Worry more about YOUR OWN ACTIONS!

B,

We are all on the same page, I applaude Ian for his immediate clarification of the iron issue and only wish CSM had employeed the same judgment. I am not aware of CSM's actions in the DoND forum but let's hope they can change.

I don't agree with the deflection angle he pursued but he did offer an "I am sorry". No matter, the actions toward CSM have been taken and hopefully he will leave with something positive from this thread and change his future actions.

So all i will say is enough is enough,

The footjoy shoes are still available if anybody wants them. Size 10 in Black, shoes came with Soft and Firm heel inserts and new Fast Twist studs. Will ship as soon as I get a PM. They are standard width, only worn 4 times.

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

I wanted to post and let Golf Beauty know that her Adams fairway wood went out on Monday and it said it should be there by December 5th. I wasn't able to get them out before the Thanksgiving Holiday. Sorry. I also forgot who the other Adams wood went to but it was shipped out to Canada on Monday as well. They said going Canada it would be 7-10 business days. I had to empty my PM box because it was full and forgot to keep the info of who it was going to. So hopefully they will read this and think I didn't just leave them hanging.

MM

I'm throwing this up. Got it on this thread from Kyle last week, then restored it so that someone else may enjoy it. Can change the color of the paintfill on he sightlines if you want. Prefer for this to go to a Junior. Come on guys....let's give them a chance. First PM Gets it.

-CHRIS-

The footjoy shoes are still available if anybody wants them. Size 10 in Black, shoes came with Soft and Firm heel inserts and new Fast Twist studs. Will ship as soon as I get a PM. They are standard width, only worn 4 times.

PM'ed on the shoes. I'll look tonight for something to post...got something in mind, just can't remember the exact specs to post.

I'm throwing this up. Got it on this thread from Kyle last week, then restored it so that someone else may enjoy it. Can change the color of the paintfill on he sightlines if you want. Prefer for this to go to a Junior. Come on guys....let's give them a chance. First PM Gets it.

-CHRIS-

Great move, Chris!! A class act like always!! :crazy2:

OK guys I am offering a new GolfWRX fairway wood headcover. GXgolfer will ship this cover to the first person to PM me the correct answer to my little math problem :crazy2:

Since this is a new cover I am sure I will get a ton of PM's instantly so I thought I could give it a little twist. Here is the problem I have... I dont know how many balls are in my golf bag at the minute...

Question

One half of the golf balls in my bag are PorV1’s. One quarter of the rest of the balls are HX tours. One fifth of the rest are TP reds. There are 12 Nike One Platinum’s in my bag.

How many balls do I lug around in my bag?

First PM with the correct answer gets the new cover... here is a pic.

Tricky haha, but not really. Good luck to everyone eligible.

Yea that one wasnt too hard ... congrats to spk74.

x = the total # of balls

(1/2)x = proV

(1/4)(1/2)x = HX

(1/5)(3/4)(1/2)x = TP red

12 = Nike

x-12 = (1/2)x + (1/8)x + (3/40)x

-12 = (1/2)x + (1/8)x + (3/40)x - x

-12 = (20/40)x + (5/40)x + (3/40)x - (40/40)x

-12 = -(12/40)x

12 = (12/40)x

x = 12 * (40/12) = 40

So there are 40 balls in my bag

OK I am going to put up another NEW GOLFWRX 3 wood headcover up for grabs... this time the question is slightly harder. Again first person to PM me the correct answer gets it. Good luck.

A palindrome is a word that has the property of reading the same in either direction (the adjustment of punctuation and spaces between words is generally permitted.

Such as:

DETARTRATED

DETANNATED

A war at Tarawa.

Flag Alf!

Ma has a ham

How could FOOTSTOOL be considered a palindrome?

Ok, now in the spirit of this thread, I am going to copy Vokey Design's idea (with his permission) and offer the GOLFWRX headcover to the first person who PM's me the answers to the following questions:

What is my longest club in playing time, what is the CURRENT replacement for this club, and what is the main reason I bought the CURRENT replacement?

All the answers are here on GolfWRX, you'll just have to do a little work to find them.

Come on folks, somebody take this new cover home!!

I will be away from the computer from 5:30 EST to around 6:00 EST, but I will check in for PM's as soon as I return.

I also would ask that the winner be someone who needs this cover and will give it a good home. Note I didn't say wants, as I'd love to keep it...I'm just in the mood to have some fun with it!!

thanks chris, i'm excited to recieve the putter!

will put something up when i recieve the putter, got to follow the rules.

mike

Putter shipped outthis afternoon. I couldn't remember your screenname. I cut it down like you wanted and then since you siad you liked a slightly larger grip I cut off the wilson rubber and you now have a new Winn USA Red/White/Blue w/ 4 layers of underwrap. :crazy2:

Enjoy.

-CHRIS-