Golfwrx.com Pay it Forward Thread (Social Experiment)

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offering:

1 - Pair Black 2004 Footjoys Softjoys size 10

All black, worn 4 times. New fasttwist studs w/ alternate heel inserts.

PM a brotha!

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

Ian, I see you are trying to sell the Zevo's on another forum for $200. I don't think the point of this was for people to be making a profit, ;) or maybe it was, what do I know??? :cheesy:

You're not wrong at all. Items should be continually passed on. The point of this isn't to take something of low value that you can't sell and trade it for something of higher value so you can sell it. It's all about Karma. And yes...I do believe in Karma (cool)

-CHRIS-

OK, i'm in. Great thread by the way.

Taylor made Retro 19* raylor w/ True temper crossfire stiff shaft. :cheesy:

still the greatest club out of the junk.

prefer it to be picked up by a junior. (cool)

i'll add more later... but it will be for Juniors only...

i won't be able to ship until friday or monday as i'm on the road.

PM sent on rack

ill throw up a refiner left handed driver. same thing as the medicus driver.

The Ram driver is still available...I also have a putting mat if anyone wants it.

what kinda putting matt is it?

i am starting a ping putter collection. i am left handed so dig em out of your closet. I have many back up clubs that i will put on here if anyone has old pings to lend me. thank you

Pathetic. (cool) You've got the rack coming your way. You're working on the putting matt. Now you can't even wait for someone to throw up a lefty putter here? At least you did offer up a lefty medicus clone. :cheesy:

Ian, you've been online since questioned about selling the Zevo irons. Any answer?

:hi:

In the interest of promoting a sense of community and integrity I came up with a little social experiment:

If you’re on this site reading this post you’re a golf nut. And as such, you have old golf stuff that you don’t need and will never use. Let’s pass it on to someone who wants it…

I’ll begin by offering two sleeves (six balls) of three-piece Callaway HX Red golf balls. The first person to PM me with their address will receive the balls free of any charge whatsoever on the condition that they choose one item of their own golf junk collection of comparable value and offer it for free to the first person who PM’s them their address, and so on and so forth.

The rules are simple.

1) You must not charge a single penny, not even for shipping.

2) Within 24 hours of receiving your item in the mail, you must post the item you wish to offer on this thread.

3) The item you offer must be of comparable value as that which you received.

4) The first person to PM you his/her address and ask for your item is the new owner of the item you are offering, and you must ship your item to that person within 48 hours.

5) In the interest of fairness, US addresses only, otherwise the shipping charges can get out of hand.

If you are the first to PM the sender, upon receiving your item, post the item you wish to offer on this thread and await the first PM regarding your offer.

The object of this game is to see how long we can go before greed or neglect ends the chain. After all, all you will be out is the cost of shipping something you don’t want anyway. I’m curious to see how this will play out.

Giving feels good

So who wants two free sleeves of HX Reds?

Be the first to PM me and they’re yours.

Also, feel free to start your own chain on this thread by offering an item and following the rules above.

PM sent on rack

The Ram driver is still available...I also have a putting mat if anyone wants it.

i am starting a ping putter collection. i am left handed so dig em out of your closet. I have many back up clubs that i will put on here if anyone has old pings to lend me. thank you

Pathetic. (cool) You've got the rack coming your way. You're working on the putting matt. Now you can't even wait for someone to throw up a lefty putter here? At least you did offer up a lefty medicus clone. :cheesy:

Ian, you've been online since questioned about selling the Zevo irons. Any answer?

Hmmmmm...this has been a great thread and I've always felt it was one of the hallmarks of our GolfWRX site and our membership. It's seems to definitely be taking a change in tone lately by a few members. Maybe we've finally hit that point the originator of this post arkstorm was talking about? Personally I'd hate to see it end because of a few members who may have neglected to read thoroughly the original post.

It's not about getting....it's not about having something free to sell.....it's not about building new collections. It's about giving. With the holiday season upon us, I would hope giving would be something we're all thinking about. ;)

im sorry guys i dont know what i was thinking trying to sell those, but i will be giving them to someone at my dads work or my brothers friend. I hope there are no hard feelings

oh and matuch ive been having some problems as of late so i hope you dont mind that the putter may take a little longer to come your way

Offering:

1 - Pair Black Footjoys Softjoys size 10

All black, worn 4 times. New fasttwist studs w/ alternate heel inserts.

The shoes are still available.

Titleist Prov1x

In the interest of promoting a sense of community and integrity I came up with a little social experiment:

If you’re on this site reading this post you’re a golf nut. And as such, you have old golf stuff that you don’t need and will never use. Let’s pass it on to someone who wants it…

I’ll begin by offering two sleeves (six balls) of three-piece Callaway HX Red golf balls. The first person to PM me with their address will receive the balls free of any charge whatsoever on the condition that they choose one item of their own golf junk collection of comparable value and offer it for free to the first person who PM’s them their address, and so on and so forth.

The rules are simple.

1) You must not charge a single penny, not even for shipping.

2) Within 24 hours of receiving your item in the mail, you must post the item you wish to offer on this thread.

3) The item you offer must be of comparable value as that which you received.

4) The first person to PM you his/her address and ask for your item is the new owner of the item you are offering, and you must ship your item to that person within 48 hours.

5) In the interest of fairness, US addresses only, otherwise the shipping charges can get out of hand.

If you are the first to PM the sender, upon receiving your item, post the item you wish to offer on this thread and await the first PM regarding your offer.

The object of this game is to see how long we can go before greed or neglect ends the chain. After all, all you will be out is the cost of shipping something you don’t want anyway. I’m curious to see how this will play out.

Giving feels good

So who wants two free sleeves of HX Reds?

Be the first to PM me and they’re yours.

Also, feel free to start your own chain on this thread by offering an item and following the rules above.

PM sent on rack

Hmmmmm...this has been a great thread and I've always felt it was one of the hallmarks of our GolfWRX site and our membership. It's seems to definitely be taking a change in tone lately by a few members. Maybe we've finally hit that point the originator of this post arkstorm was talking about? Personally I'd hate to see it end because of a few members who may have neglected to read thoroughly the original post.

It's not about getting....it's not about having something free to sell.....it's not about building new collections. It's about giving. With the holiday season upon us, I would hope giving would be something we're all thinking about. ;)

I do not post much here but I have to speak up on this instance. CSMGuitarman, it seems to me like you are trying to profit from this thread more then anything else. Yuo got the putter rack, fine. But then you start asking what type of putting green it is? First off it is free so does it really matter, secondly how many different things are you going to try to get for free. Next you are asking for Ping putters for your collection. Come on give it a break and stop beign so cheap. Let someone who has yet to receive anything take the putting green and if by chance someone offers up a left handed putter dont be a vulture and jump all over it.

Ryan

CSM,

Please let others have a chance in this thread, I can only assume it was not your intent to shore up all the free gear you could but, I just want to remind you that the intent of this experiment was to charge up the idea that all people are capable of giving for the sake of humanity and free of profit.

Greed has no place in this thread, if anyone expects to turn the kindness of others into cash then I wish them the best of luck in life and hope they have an ounce of respect for themselves to change.

If you participate and allow someone to give to you, do not sell the item, that is disrespectful and ignorant, please offer something of your own that you no longer use or have a place for in golf and allow others to except it freely. If anyone that has received items from others only to sell has failed grossly to live up the meaningful intent of charity that was begun generously by Arkstorm.

We all have a chance to do something good, please keep that in mind when participating!

Titleist Prov1x

I am posting a PM sent to me on behalf of CSMGuitarman who has honorably offered an apology.

Does he really need to be banned??

I was sending this to every one that might have been upset from my actions.

i think i need to set a few things striaght before everyone decides that they hate me.

1. i did not accept the putting green. I was looking for one for my brother not for me. he is young and recently started to like golf. I told the guy to let someone else have because i felt i rushed into wanting it

2. why cant i ask what kind of green it is. for all i know it could have be 40 feet long or a just carpet. i have the right to be informed. if i said i have a putter. would you not ask what kind. would it matter if i was giving away a scotty or a top flite.

3. i am not profiting from any of this. i have put multiple items up for grabs and i happend to be lefty so they may not be as popular. i am not the one selling irons someone gave me for $200 dollars. i use the ping putter every day and have PMed my grattitude to the gentleman that gave it to me.

I have been banned with out warning and am PMing because it is the only way i can defend my self. i am sorry if i offended anyone how ever i believe it to be a misunderstanding.

if you could please post this on my behalf. i do not want to try and defend myself two weeks later, thank you

Titleist Prov1x

Sorry, but I think the ban was earned. The actions were against the tone of the board as well as taking advantage of the goodness of others. You just need to understand that EVERYONE should have an opportunity to get something. This is just to share things that aren't being used. If you want to trade all of your things, put them in the BST section.

If you said you had a putter up for grabs, it really doesn't matter what it is. Beggars can't be choosers. If I need a putter and you have one, I will take it. I don't care what kind.

It isn't like the banning is permanent, and it will give him something to think about. Sorry, but that is a good way to control the board, and sometimes it isn't used enough.

I just want to clarify that he hasn't beened "Banned" but, suspended for a few weeks. I will need to talk with PB and B about what they think is appropriate.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

That was one thing I was really afraid of when Play it Forward was metioned. In the lefty forum Golow started a great thread and I was given a great putter. In return I offered to give 2 putters away for his kind gesture. I was hoping a junior was in need of a putter. In this thread I tried to receive a Wedge from someone (no names need to be mentioned) but I have not received the item. This person has also received items from other people. I have no problem giving!! Thats what this thread was about. Please have good intentions. It leaves a bad taste to all the honest people when these unkind things are done. I really hope this doesnt die, I have many items that sit here and do nothing that could be used by people that cant afford or dont have a chance to have golf items. Lets all remember that.