2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

WITB FTiZ and Titleist AP2 710's!

Updated!!! My 2010 bag is complete. All thats left is Iomi
Here it is! I decided to replace my Callaway FT irons with AP2's and my Taylor Made Superquad with a Callaway FTiZ. I played my first round with them today and it was very exciting to hit these new clubs! Im very happy with my purchases... Hope you enjoy the pics!

UPDATED!!!

New Callaway 4H Hybrid Regular & Vokey 56*11

Callaway FT Hybrid Bag

That pretty much finishes off my bag for 2010. All thats left is to regrip the clubs with Iomic Opus 2 Art series grips in white/orange. And regrip my putter with an Iomic Absolute grip in orange. They should arrive in a couple of weeks!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful Irons, love them! How come you didn't buy a 4 iron?? You have 21* hybrid and a 19* 5wood. You need a 24* hybrid or a 4 iron to fill the gap between 5 iron and 21 hybrid. You have 13 clubs man, where is the 14th?

Haha, the important thing is that it works.

Wierd look of the FTiZ. Will probably take a while for me to get used to that head shape. Looks very strange to me. How is it compared to the FTiQ?

/Williamo

[quote name='williamo' post='2146879' date='Dec 28 2009, 08:50 PM']Beautiful Irons, love them! How come you didn't buy a 4 iron?? You have 21* hybrid and a 19* 5wood. You need a 24* hybrid or a 4 iron to fill the gap between 5 iron and 21 hybrid. You have 13 clubs man, where is the 14th?

Wierd look of the FTiZ. Will probably take a while for me to get used to that head shape. Looks very strange to me. How is it compared to the FTiQ?

/Williamo[/quote]

Ha ha! Yes you have a good eye... Well to be honest... I cant hit a 4 iron! The 5 wood has just replaced a Taylormade Burner 3 wood which I couldnt hit very well either. When I went to the Callaway demo day they recommended I hit a 5 wood and the ball flight was much better. I decided to buy the FT '08 5 wood rather than the new FTiZ because I got a great deal on it.

Im not a very long hitter so I am going to get used to these until I find out where the gap in my set is and what the best club will be to fill it. I made the mistake last time of buying the clubs I thought I should buy rather than the ones that work for me. At least this way I still have space for one more club in my set whenever I get the urge to splurge...

[quote name='jatizado' post='2146886' date='Dec 28 2009, 06:03 AM'][quote name='williamo' post='2146879' date='Dec 28 2009, 08:50 PM']Beautiful Irons, love them! How come you didn't buy a 4 iron?? You have 21* hybrid and a 19* 5wood. You need a 24* hybrid or a 4 iron to fill the gap between 5 iron and 21 hybrid. You have 13 clubs man, where is the 14th?

/Williamo[/quote]

Ha ha! Yes you have a good eye... Well to be honest... I cant hit a 4 iron! The 5 wood has just replaced a Taylormade Burner 3 wood which I couldnt hit very well either. When I went to the Callaway demo day they recommended I hit a 5 wood and the ball flight was much better. I decided to buy the FT '08 5 wood rather than the new FTiZ because I got a great deal on it.

Im not a very long hitter so I am going to get used to these until I find out where the gap in my set is and what the best club will be to fill it. I made the mistake last time of buying the clubs I thought I should buy rather than the ones that work for me. At least this way I still have space for one more club in my set whenever I get the urge to splurge...
[/quote]

haha, okay. That's right, play what works instead of buying clubs that you don't need. I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to write WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE, I meant what you probably need to fill the gap between 21* hybrid and 5 iron is a 4 iron or 24* hybrid. And I think funkyfedora and Collo1992 overreacted just a little.

/Williamo

[quote name='Collo1992' post='2146897' date='Dec 28 2009, 06:22 AM']Wiliamo, Why do you play regular shafts in most your clubs with such a wild swing????? personal preference i assume???[/quote]

I don't understand why you brought up my swing in his WITB, bad example. But okay, I use regular shafts because I am a newbie. Not saying that every newbie should use regular shafts. I am 5'9 tall and weigh about and 130 lbs. I do not prefer regular shafts, I prefer whats best for my swing. My body has increased, muscle wise and length. I were very weak in the start of this season, not saying that I am strong now. The local pro told me to buy regular shafts so I did. Stupid as I were. Without checking my SS in a launch monitor. WHY? Because I were a NEWBIE.

I don't know if my swing is wild but thanks? My swingspeed is much higher now than it was in the start of this season.

I have played golf for 2 years. Started 2005 and then had a pause to this year. Started in June at 23,3 HCP and I am now down at 9.5.

[b]Good luck with your new golf equipment![/b]

/Williamo

[/quote]

haha, okay. That's right, play what works instead of buying clubs that you don't need. I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to write WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE, I meant what you probably need to fill the gap between 21* hybrid and 5 iron is a 4 iron or 24* hybrid. And I think funkyfedora and Collo1992 overreacted just a little.

/Williamo
[/quote]

No problem, I wasn't offended in any way. I played a round today and these clubs have added some different shots and lengths so im happy with what I have. Taking out my 4 iron and my 3 wood was a good move for me and I have a lot more confidence hitting all the clubs that are in my bag right now. It will take a few more rounds to find out where my gap is.

You will have to post a review on the driver once you have had a good few sessions hitting it. Nice set up. Enjoy!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

[quote name='jatizado' post='2146913' date='Dec 28 2009, 06:43 AM'][quote]

/Williamo[/quote]

No problem, I wasn't offended in any way. I played a round today and these clubs have added some different shots and lengths so im happy with what I have. Taking out my 4 iron and my 3 wood was a good move for me and I have a lot more confidence hitting all the clubs that are in my bag right now. It will take a few more rounds to find out where my gap is.
[/quote]

Yeah that's right. Glad that your confidence is getting better, if you believe that you can make it then you will make it. Maybe it doesn't work if you believe that you will make hole in one on every par 3 hole. But it will increase the chance for you to make the hole in one. I would love a review of the AP2 710 irons.

[quote name='craz-e' post='2146918' date='Dec 28 2009, 06:56 AM']You will have to post a review on the driver once you have had a good few sessions hitting it. Nice set up. Enjoy![/quote]

That would be great!

[size=3]The driver is sick. Callaway did a great job with their 2010 gear.

Good Luck.[/size]

PING G430 10k 9* Project X HZRDUS Hulk
PING G425 14.5* Tensei Orange 
PING G425 17* Tensei Orange
Titleist TSR Hybrids HZRDUS Silver 
PING i210 Irons Project X LZ
Edel Wedges S400 / TaylorMade MyMG4 Wedges S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

[quote name='GARCIA STR8' post='2146990' date='Dec 28 2009, 01:38 PM'][size=3]The driver is sick. Callaway did a great job with their 2010 gear.

Good Luck.[/size][/quote]

Drivers look great from Callaway, something for everyone. Can't wait till the demo day

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

[quote name='Fundadores' post='2146997' date='Dec 29 2009, 12:45 AM']Nice clubs, the FTiz looks really cool, nice to see a club with a clean design for a change. What brand of bag is that?[/quote]

Yes, I was really happy with the new designs for Callaway for 2010. I went to the Titleist, Taylor Made and Callaway demo days before deciding on this one. I didnt really like the shape of the FT9, it looked far too big at address. I have to say, the club head is a bit lighter which helps me because I have a slower swing speed but it will still take some getting used to compared to my Superquad.

What impressed me the most is how well the ball comes off the face. The sound is slightly muted (sounds nothing like a Nike Sumo or Callaway FT-i) but when its hit flush it sounds clean and there is immediate feedback. For me this is important as I can recognize what I am doing right and what I am doing wrong.

I think Callaway has a winner here and as soon as ive had a bit more time with this club I will be sure to post a review.

J

[quote]I don't understand why you brought up my swing in his WITB, bad example. But okay, I use regular shafts because I am a newbie. Not saying that every newbie should use regular shafts. I am 5'9 tall and weigh about and 130 lbs. I do not prefer regular shafts, I prefer whats best for my swing. My body has increased, muscle wise and length. I were very weak in the start of this season, not saying that I am strong now. The local pro told me to buy regular shafts so I did. Stupid as I were. Without checking my SS in a launch monitor. WHY? Because I were a NEWBIE.

I don't know if my swing is wild but thanks? My swingspeed is much higher now than it was in the start of this season.

I have played golf for 2 years. Started 2005 and then had a pause to this year. Started in June at 23,3 HCP and I am now down at 9.5.[/quote]

these are two paragraphs trying to explain one simple concept....the guy uses those clubs to get the ball in the hole....would we be bashing the best golfer in the world if he uses an old scotty cameron instead of a new one...no it don't matter if you are new, old or just plain suck a** at golf....if you feeel good you play good end of story
and no one cares that you went from being a 23 hdcp to a 9.5...until you start swinging with the big boys at scratch its hard to tell people off...that why i don;t tell people off...unless they recommend stuff for people when they have less knowledge then the person themselves

• 1 month later...

Lovely set up, good choice with the irons love my AP2's. Tempted with the FT Hybrid bag myself, for me its pretty much the best looking bag out there. How do all the clubs sit when its on your back? much chatter?

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

[quote name='TheHusky' date='31 January 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1264916847' post='2216029']
very nice, what kind of bag is that in the first set of pics with the red 14 divider?
[/quote]

Its a Taylor Made Cart bag. Not sure what model it is though.

[attachment=531832:EBAY ITEMS - 212.jpg]
[attachment=531833:EBAY ITEMS - 214.jpg]

[quote name='craz-e' date='31 January 2010 - 04:37 AM' timestamp='1264876626' post='2214528']
Lovely set up, good choice with the irons love my AP2's. Tempted with the FT Hybrid bag myself, for me its pretty much the best looking bag out there. How do all the clubs sit when its on your back? much chatter?
[/quote]

Thanks very much!

The Ft Hybrid bag is fantastic. Ive never liked any of the Callaway bag designs up until this year. Callaway went all out with this bag and may have taken a page or two out of Ogio/Sun Mountain designs that are so popular.

It's not the lightest bag out there (7lbs) but im not a serious walker. For the extra weight, you get a lot of extra features which was important to me. When I play at my home club I still use a pull buggy, but I like to carry my bag in the winter when its a big colder.

It has an 11 way divider and it took a bit of playing around before I decided on the best set up. If you put the longest clubs at the back the clubs lie flat against each other quite nicely. I also use headcovers, so I dont get any chatter. I know this isnt for everyone, but I want to keep my irons free from any knicks.

[attachment=531852:P1020984.jpg]

[quote name='williamo' date='31 January 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1264933378' post='2216196']
cool headovers, where did you buy 'em?
[/quote]

Bag and headcovers both off of ebay.

Williamo...I ended up picking up that 4Hybrid! Im very happy with this set up now. This suits my game and theres not a club in my bag that I dont feel confident in hitting.

J.

[quote name='ode1' date='01 February 2010 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1264954632' post='2216575']
I like the look of the driver quite a bit. A few ?'s:

How does it sit at address (square, open, closed)?

How about the face height (it's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks shallow)?
[/quote]

The 10* is square, 11* is 1* closed and tour models are 1* open.

Ill try to take a photo with a ball so you can see the what the face height is. I dont think its shallow, but its certainly not as high as the new Supertri.

J.