Tour Striker

filthee

The guys who market my training club gave me one. It definitely makes your arms stay infront of your body. I have some issues with it: first, it doesn't promote the left arm compressing against the chest and it won't educate the hands. My buddy invented something like it 10 years ago that never made it to market. I'm trying to help him get it out there. Hopefully it debuts in late 2011 or early 2012.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='slicefan' timestamp='1298219706' post='2994764']
[quote name='kevcarter ' timestamp='1298219246' post='2994746']
[quote name='russc' timestamp='1298218539' post='2994721']
The tour Striker is probably the best training aid availablle.Won't just turning the Swingyde upside down accomplish the same purpose
[/quote]

I'm not sure. I don't have a swingyde and I like doing business with Martin, plus we learn so much from all the videos he does for us for free...

Kevin
[/quote]
+1. I'm going to combine the tour striker, swingyde, and pbs.
[/quote]

I've got all three plus the ts accelorator . . . you still have to take the time to practice the moves . . . . I've actually created my own aids to help accelorate the process. It's just amazing how hard it is to break bad habits.

2 things i've added to using the tour striker is:
1. impact bag practice with the PBS and the accelorator and
2. the punisher drill with a fiberglass pole in the butt end of the shaft (see the pictures)

. . . these really are givng my swing a new feel which feels more like
1. a flattening of the left wrist as it relaxes, and
2. making sure to hit/swing with the pivot/turn - not the hands or arms - the punisher drill ingrains this . . . . you don't turn (big ouch) . . . . you turn correctly (just a little ouch)[attachment=733923:pd1.jpg][attachment=733925:PD2.jpg][attachment=733926:PD3.jpg][attachment=733927:PD4.jpg][attachment=733928:PD5.jpg][attachment=733929:PD6.jpg][attachment=733930:PD7.jpg][attachment=733931:PD8.jpg][attachment=733933:PD9.jpg]

First off, thanks to Martin for his Accelerator giveaway earlier in the thread. My freebie arrived today.

Not in a position to actually hit balls for about six weeks. I did look at the Youtube video and fooled around with this device tonight so here are my initial impressions.

The ability to feel the device sliding across the forearm during the release is going to help a lot of people understand how a proper release takes place with a flat left wrist. In my observation a lot of golfers understand a flat left wrist but don't understand the proper release of the flat wrist that should take place at the same time.

The over under/drill will really help people who flip and it allows the same release feel.

Hit a bunch of balls on my 9 to 3 board and found the device very usable.

My club face stays very closed in the takeaway (by plan) with a little bow in my left wrist and I did find the device interfered my back swing about 80% of the way back. Not a lot of golfers bow as I do so I doubt this will affect many others.

Very easy to see how this will help in the short game. Far superior to the Glove or Norman's Secret imo.

Looks like another winner from Martin.

[quote name='mdobsss' timestamp='1298341540' post='2999118']
Sorry if this has been answered in one of the pages that I didn't read, but exactly [b]how many degrees of forward shaft lean at impact is required to produce a good shot with the tour striker?

[/b]Again sorry if the answer is somewhere in the 29 pages of text that I didn't read........

[/quote]

I believe Martin said 4 degrees. If I recall some past readings top PGA pros are 8 degrees plus.

Sorry if this has been answered in one of the pages that I didn't read, but exactly [b]how many degrees of forward shaft lean at impact is required to produce a good shot with the tour striker?

[/b]Again sorry if the answer is somewhere in the 29 pages of text that I didn't read........

[/quote]

4* of forward lean and 4* of downward strike makes the TSP sing nicely.

Good question!

[quote name='Smack Daddy' timestamp='1298350107' post='2999480']
First off, thanks to Martin for his Accelerator giveaway earlier in the thread. My freebie arrived today.

Not in a position to actually hit balls for about six weeks. I did look at the Youtube video and fooled around with this device tonight so here are my initial impressions.

The ability to feel the device sliding across the forearm during the release is going to help a lot of people understand how a proper release takes place with a flat left wrist. In my observation a lot of golfers understand a flat left wrist but don't understand the proper release of the flat wrist that should take place at the same time.

The over under/drill will really help people who flip and it allows the same release feel.

My club face stays very closed in the takeaway (by plan) with a little bow in my left wrist and I did find the device interfered my back swing about 80% of the way back. Not a lot of golfers bow as I do so I doubt this will affect many others.

Very easy to see how this will help in the short game. Far superior to the Glove or Norman's Secret imo.

[/quote]

I believe Martin said 4 degrees. If I recall some past readings top PGA pros are 8 degrees plus.
[/quote]

Smack,

Thanks for the comments. I'm still working on the "spike" that inserts in the grip. I have rounded it off a little and powder coated it for looks.

I shoot the Accelerator drills DVD on March 8th. I have a lot more "tricks" than the ones I added in the note I sent you.

Have a good evening.

Martin

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1298351106' post='2999512']
[quote name='bath4golf' timestamp='1298343201' post='2999226']
I've got all three plus the ts accelorator . . .
[/quote]

Ed, how did you like the Accelerator? Did it make sense? Provide any valuable feels?

Thanks,

MC
[/quote]

Martin,

I do like it and think it's a great aid. I have used it for full shots and especially chipping/pitching practice as I feel you can really sense what it is teaching on shorter/slower moving shots. I've also used it for putting as I've been working a lot this off season on the Stockton method of putting with the forward press and flat left wrist through the putting stroke - it works great for that.

Between the TS wedge and the accelorator, I really think my chipping/pitch game is going to improve a lot this year!

As I am a firm beleiver in exxagerating any new movement to really get close to a desired change, the only thing I wish concerning the accelorator was that it was more stable on the club . . . with full shots, I'm really trying to feel my left forearm pressing against the accelorator, and it feels like it moves away from me at those times . . . . looking at the concept of the gizmo though, I really don't see how to stabilize it more without jeapardizing its adjustable qualities , , , maybe the "butt cap" (that's just silly) can be molded to clamp down over the entire top of the grip and actually extend down the grip a bit, but that would assume a universal size of all grips (which we know is not the case) . . . .

Anyway, thank you for a great product - I love it - I use it . . . . . oh - the over/under drill is great for me as I have a bad habit of cupping at the top of my backswing . . . . I have literally tried (unsuccesfully) FOR YEARS to change this but, as you know, what you THINK you are doing is often not at all what you are actually doing (regardless of how it feels) . . . which is why great training aids like yours are so valuable - one needs the FEEL OF THE FEEDBACK. The accelorator over/under drill doesn't lie - if I cup - it's under.....if it over, i'm in great impact alignment at the top of my swing . . . . so now I know - I've used the swingyde to help correct his flaw in the past, but the accelorator requires a more exaggerated movemnt which, I feel, is more necessary to create a change.

I'm looking forward to some warm weather!!!! We just got 6 more inches of snow on Monday!

Martin, I have been forgetting to ask this question for a while...what is the deal with the constant 3 second spots on TGC....they are never long enough to even read the text or copy down the phone number...They just say "Tour Striker" then it's back to Donald Trump or whatever...just curious. Is TGC messing them up?

[quote name='msuwank' timestamp='1298403451' post='3000669']
How do you order the accelerator?
[/quote]

It will be on the website. I'm shooting the DVD on March 8. I'd say, with any luck I'm selling them 4/1 for $29 with the DVD. Thanks for the interest.

[quote name='bath4golf' timestamp='1298427835' post='3001688']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1298351106' post='2999512']
[quote name='bath4golf' timestamp='1298343201' post='2999226']
I've got all three plus the ts accelorator . . .
[/quote]

Ed, how did you like the Accelerator? Did it make sense? Provide any valuable feels?

Thanks,

MC
[/quote]

Martin,

I do like it and think it's a great aid. I have used it for full shots and especially chipping/pitching practice as I feel you can really sense what it is teaching on shorter/slower moving shots. I've also used it for putting as I've been working a lot this off season on the Stockton method of putting with the forward press and flat left wrist through the putting stroke - it works great for that.

Between the TS wedge and the accelorator, I really think my chipping/pitch game is going to improve a lot this year!

As I am a firm beleiver in exxagerating any new movement to really get close to a desired change, the only thing I wish concerning the accelorator was that it was more stable on the club . . . with full shots, I'm really trying to feel my left forearm pressing against the accelorator, and it feels like it moves away from me at those times . . . . looking at the concept of the gizmo though, I really don't see how to stabilize it more without jeapardizing its adjustable qualities , , , maybe the "butt cap" (that's just silly) can be molded to clamp down over the entire top of the grip and actually extend down the grip a bit, but that would assume a universal size of all grips (which we know is not the case) . . . .

Anyway, thank you for a great product - I love it - I use it . . . . . oh - the over/under drill is great for me as I have a bad habit of cupping at the top of my backswing . . . . I have literally tried (unsuccesfully) FOR YEARS to change this but, as you know, what you THINK you are doing is often not at all what you are actually doing (regardless of how it feels) . . . which is why great training aids like yours are so valuable - one needs the FEEL OF THE FEEDBACK. The accelorator over/under drill doesn't lie - if I cup - it's under.....if it over, i'm in great impact alignment at the top of my swing . . . . so now I know - I've used the swingyde to help correct his flaw in the past, but the accelorator requires a more exaggerated movemnt which, I feel, is more necessary to create a change.

I'm looking forward to some warm weather!!!! We just got 6 more inches of snow on Monday!
[/quote]

Ed, thanks for the great feedback. I know what you mean about he cap. I want the thing to be firm, but not firm enough to torque too much without knowing it. If you find it is not tight enough in the shaft of your club, you can bend the tip a tiny bit and that will add a little more resistance.

[quote name='SPY ZINGER' timestamp='1298437748' post='3002057']
Martin, I have been forgetting to ask this question for a while...what is the deal with the constant 3 second spots on TGC....they are never long enough to even read the text or copy down the phone number...They just say "Tour Striker" then it's back to Donald Trump or whatever...just curious. Is TGC messing them up?
[/quote]

No, it is not messing up at all. What's cool is I don't pay for those little blips. The Golf Agency, the guys who produced the spots, know that local commercials preempt national spots. So my 60 second spot gets run over all the time, but I get that last second or two for free. They purposely call the name of the product "Tour Striker" or "V-Harness" whatever at the last second. If a local commercial doesn't run, then you see the full TS commercial and I pay for that, which is fine too.

[quote name='Smack Daddy' timestamp='1298350107' post='2999480']

[/quote]

[/quote]

If the 8 degrees plus from top PGA pros is true, why don't you make another version of the Tour Striker that's even harder than the Pro version (which makes a good shot on 4 degrees of forward shaft lean) and call it the Tour Striker Master (which only makes a good shot on 8 degrees or more of forward shaft lean)?????

If the 8 degrees plus from top PGA pros is true, why don't you make another version of the Tour Striker that's even harder than the Pro version (which makes a good shot on 4 degrees of forward shaft lean) and call it the Tour Striker Master (which only makes a good shot on 8 degrees or more of forward shaft lean)?????

The 8 degrees is an extreme case with a PW or SW, not a 7 iron.

Here are the averages, courtesy of the TrackMan website:

561aoave8l.png

The TS 56 has the highest leading edge (3/4" from the sole) of all TS models due to the naturally steeper attack of a short iron.

The TS Pro 7, 5 and TS PX are very tough if hit off of tight turf with any consistency. You can get in a groove, no doubt, but it is not easy and will refine your practice.

there is a pro 7 iron and 5 iron. is there a reason to buy one over the other? is the 5 harder to hit well?

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

Can this be used on a regular range mat? Kind of hard to find real turf in the Northeast this time of year!

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Black 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon MKii DI 3 Axiom 105

Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-PW KBS Tour 

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

[quote name='blinkstafoo182' timestamp='1298658421' post='3008577']
Martin,

After buying the Tour Striker Pro at a retail shop I realized that it did not come with the DVD. Is there a way I can order the DVD that usually come with club?
[/quote]

Hi Blink,

The video is free and plays on the www.tourstriker.com website. I would call the retailer and get them to send you one for free. If we missed the boat at our online fulfillment center, that is what we do. If you can't get them to help you out, PM me.

Thanks for trying out the TS.

Cheers,

MC

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1298667068' post='3008731']
More Continuing Education DVD's coming soon. I shoot on March 8.

I want your ideas? What do you GolfWrx'ers want to know in a 40 minute video?? If I use your idea, I'll happily send you one on the house for your trouble.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Martin
[/quote]

Martin,
I just received the TS 7 PX. Has anybody ever mentioned the face and sweet spot look like they are shifted out towards the toe? Looks that way to me (I haven't hit it yet), I was wondering if anybody else had mentioned it.

[quote name='mizunomp33' timestamp='1298673089' post='3008978']

I want your ideas? What do you GolfWrx'ers want to know in a 40 minute video?? If I use your idea, I'll happily send you one on the house for your trouble.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Martin
[/quote]

Martin,
I just received the TS 7 PX. Has anybody ever mentioned the face and sweet spot look like they are shifted out towards the toe? Looks that way to me (I haven't hit it yet), I was wondering if anybody else had mentioned it.
[/quote]

Yes, people have mentioned it. The toe is so relieved it really gives that impression. Hit it a while, I think you are going to like it;)

Martin -

I received my TS today and took it to the range before I went and played nine holes. After about a dozen shots, I had the ball flight were I wanted it and was making good contact consistantly. Went out and played the first two holes, birdie birdie. I have never done that before so I blame the TS for my success :)

Thanks a bunch

Thanks for the thoughts.

Martin
[/quote]

I think that many people understand the position they should be in, but have a hard time understanding how they get there from the top of their backswing down to impact. Covering that topic, although variations will exist, would really help people a lot in my opinion.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1298666931' post='3008725']
[quote name='blinkstafoo182' timestamp='1298658421' post='3008577']
Martin,

After buying the Tour Striker Pro at a retail shop I realized that it did not come with the DVD. Is there a way I can order the DVD that usually come with club?
[/quote]

Hi Blink,

The video is free and plays on the www.tourstriker.com website. I would call the retailer and get them to send you one for free. If we missed the boat at our online fulfillment center, that is what we do. If you can't get them to help you out, PM me.

Thanks for trying out the TS.

Cheers,

MC
[/quote]

Found it online, thanks for the help.

I got TS pro 7 iron on Friday and was able to hit half a bucket before my round on Saturday. I hit 2 out of the first 10 solid and it flew just like my 7-iron. I would say the last 8-10 balls I hit were all "close" to being where I needed to be on the club face. On the third hole I was 160 out and my only swing thought was the TS iron. I hit a flush 7 iron about 165 that backed up a good two feet. The contact, feel, sound, and ball flight was perfect!!! I can't wait to put in some more range work this week. Thanks a ton to everyone on here for the great reviews...