Tour Striker

filthee

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1296796761' post='2950453']
I'm going to do a couple of Tour Striker Golf Schools at [url="http://www.tetherow.com"]Tetherow[/url] this summer.

Hmmmm.....Bend, Tetherow, Summer, Golf, Beer, Fun Instruction!!!

I'll post the info as soon as I have the dates pinned down.
[/quote]

I would go to an academy not only because its a good product but I think you have a very good idea on how the golf swing should work and maybe even better you can diagnose and fix the issues players have. Thats a big deal for a teacher, you know, the fixing part individualized for the student.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1296786648' post='2950043']
I just got off the phone with my partner and wife. They want to wait until the thing is 100% with the DVD. Sorry guys.

I'm still sending the winners one of the proto types when I get them.
[/quote]

Hey Martin,

Considering ordering Ap2 irons . . . . was given a quote of $95/club (which includes shipping) . . . . any recomendations on the AP2s and/or this quote?

Also, any updates on the TS Accelorator?

Thanks,
Ed

Hi Ed,

Depends on what shafts, etc...

The gizmos are in Bend! These are protos that are darn close to the final final. I have to make one little tweak and I have a ton going on at work. I might be able to modify tomorrow evening and ship out to you guys on Thursday. Of course, I'm going to hound you for feedback;)

-Martin

[quote][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Ha. Explanations of the exact mechanics of all of it would probably best be left to mr. martin up there...however, I will do my best. I struggled with a flip/closed hips bs for 3 years. I devoured every bit of literature on the internet, every anti flip/anti closed hips at impact drill on youtube, read Clampett's book, read Texarkana, bought every Brian Manzella dvd, saw Brian Manzella for 4 hours, bought every training aid, ...none of it worked for my particular problem. It's all great, but no "drag the grass" "impact bag" "towel drag" stuff meant a thing when it came to my particular "aha" moment.

The best I can explain it is that I never quite got my hands and club head rotated to the precise enough position at the top that allowed me to leave my hands and arms loose to be able to just "let them go" and pull down with my hips as hard as I could. Basically...where it's at now (compared to before) [i]feels [/i]laid off, my left wrist is flatter, my right hand is "holding the tray", and I don't even think about or feel diddly with my hands on the way down anymore. My body rotates, hips open up, the club is way behind me and squares up by itself. In the past, I tried zillions of grips, takeaways, shoulder angles/alignments, forward set up position with strong/weak, adjusted impact with strong/weak. It was all bullxxxx. I can get to this top position with any of them now and still not flip.

Before, with every one of my different top positions, my hands would be "fighting" where the clubhead naturally wanted to take itself...and because I didn't trust it, i'd tense up..still rely on my hands to square up the clubface, and my body had to stall for them to sync up.

Personally, I think I got lucky. If I didn't find that position at the top by chance, there isn't any reason I couldn't have struggled with this for 3 more years. I first made a commitment to take my active hands and fingers out of the equation (that was tough) and stumbled upon one position I tried out up there (of thousands)...made an effort to lead with my hips with languid loose arms, and the clubhead squared up on its own. I knew immediately that I had it after one swing. I went out and got blitzed with my brother to celebrate.

The most important thing I would tell anyone getting over a flip is to make a 100% total commitment to keeping tense hands and arms out of the equation. If your fingers [i]feel [/i]like they're actively doing something on the way to the ball, something's screwed up and you don't got it. There is no "holding the lag". There is no "keeping your right wrist bent". There is no " finger pressure point". There is no "knee rotation/hip level position to start your transition" that will make it all click. The reason why...is because that's all sh/t that happens on it's own...but only when you're swinging loose, free and right. The second thing I'd recommend is getting a net to hit into at your house. There is no way I'd have figured this out one bucket at a time every other day on a range (with people watching). You need seclusion...where you won't be embarrassed of resultant shanks and squibblers while you toy with different feels at the top with loose hands and arms. If people are watching, the temptation is too strong to [i]use [/i]your hands to square up the clubface so you can make decent contact and not look like a moron. And every swing you make with your hands in the equation is exactly what keeps you flipping and stalling your hips.

I suck at putting it in words. I'm sorry, I tried. . I just know that it has nothing to do with 95% of the "anti flip" stuff that's out there. Your best bet is to find someone who's gotten over a flip. I've seen top 100 teachers and they were confidently guessing. They didn't know d/ck about getting over a flip...they'd just regurgitate all the stuff they'd heard works for others. I honestly don't know how anyone who hasn't been through it can articulate "wrong sensations" they've never felt before. With that said, I do think cmartin, and tex (from what I've read/seen) are probably the best 2 out there who'd give you the best shot.

Good luck. [/size][/color][/quote]

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I READ THIS AND WENT TO GO PLAY AND I ENDED UP HITTING 8 GREENS IN REGULATIONS. I USUALLY ONLY HIT 1-2 GREENS.

IRON SHOT WAS ALWAYS AN ENIGMA TO ME AND I THINK I FOUND IT. THANK YOU SO MUCH STOIC!

the pro version appears to be considerably more difficult to hit then the regular version when you view the differences on their website. there are a lot of gimmicks out there for golfers, but this appears to be a training aid that's worth taking a look at.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='gunny86' timestamp='1297375206' post='2966689']
[quote][color="#1c2837"][size="2"]Ha. Explanations of the exact mechanics of all of it would probably best be left to mr. martin up there...however, I will do my best. I struggled with a flip/closed hips bs for 3 years. I devoured every bit of literature on the internet, every anti flip/anti closed hips at impact drill on youtube, read Clampett's book, read Texarkana, bought every Brian Manzella dvd, saw Brian Manzella for 4 hours, bought every training aid, ...none of it worked for my particular problem. It's all great, but no "drag the grass" "impact bag" "towel drag" stuff meant a thing when it came to my particular "aha" moment.

The best I can explain it is that I never quite got my hands and club head rotated to the precise enough position at the top that allowed me to leave my hands and arms loose to be able to just "let them go" and pull down with my hips as hard as I could. Basically...where it's at now (compared to before) [i]feels [/i]laid off, my left wrist is flatter, my right hand is "holding the tray", and I don't even think about or feel diddly with my hands on the way down anymore. My body rotates, hips open up, the club is way behind me and squares up by itself. In the past, I tried zillions of grips, takeaways, shoulder angles/alignments, forward set up position with strong/weak, adjusted impact with strong/weak. It was all bullxxxx. I can get to this top position with any of them now and still not flip.

Before, with every one of my different top positions, my hands would be "fighting" where the clubhead naturally wanted to take itself...and because I didn't trust it, i'd tense up..still rely on my hands to square up the clubface, and my body had to stall for them to sync up.

Personally, I think I got lucky. If I didn't find that position at the top by chance, there isn't any reason I couldn't have struggled with this for 3 more years. I first made a commitment to take my active hands and fingers out of the equation (that was tough) and stumbled upon one position I tried out up there (of thousands)...made an effort to lead with my hips with languid loose arms, and the clubhead squared up on its own. I knew immediately that I had it after one swing. I went out and got blitzed with my brother to celebrate.

The most important thing I would tell anyone getting over a flip is to make a 100% total commitment to keeping tense hands and arms out of the equation. If your fingers [i]feel [/i]like they're actively doing something on the way to the ball, something's screwed up and you don't got it. There is no "holding the lag". There is no "keeping your right wrist bent". There is no " finger pressure point". There is no "knee rotation/hip level position to start your transition" that will make it all click. The reason why...is because that's all sh/t that happens on it's own...but only when you're swinging loose, free and right. The second thing I'd recommend is getting a net to hit into at your house. There is no way I'd have figured this out one bucket at a time every other day on a range (with people watching). You need seclusion...where you won't be embarrassed of resultant shanks and squibblers while you toy with different feels at the top with loose hands and arms. If people are watching, the temptation is too strong to [i]use [/i]your hands to square up the clubface so you can make decent contact and not look like a moron. And every swing you make with your hands in the equation is exactly what keeps you flipping and stalling your hips.

I suck at putting it in words. I'm sorry, I tried. . I just know that it has nothing to do with 95% of the "anti flip" stuff that's out there. Your best bet is to find someone who's gotten over a flip. I've seen top 100 teachers and they were confidently guessing. They didn't know d/ck about getting over a flip...they'd just regurgitate all the stuff they'd heard works for others. I honestly don't know how anyone who hasn't been through it can articulate "wrong sensations" they've never felt before. With that said, I do think cmartin, and tex (from what I've read/seen) are probably the best 2 out there who'd give you the best shot.

Good luck. [/size][/color][/quote]

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I READ THIS AND WENT TO GO PLAY AND I ENDED UP HITTING 8 GREENS IN REGULATIONS. I USUALLY ONLY HIT 1-2 GREENS.

IRON SHOT WAS ALWAYS AN ENIGMA TO ME AND I THINK I FOUND IT. THANK YOU SO MUCH STOIC!
[/quote]

That is awesome. Congrats to you. Striking it pure is a lot of fun!

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1297376750' post='2966772']
the pro version appears to be considerably more difficult to hit then the regular version when you view the differences on their website. there are a lot of gimmicks out there for golfers, but this appears to be a training aid that's worth taking a look at.
[/quote]

Yes, the Pro is much harder and makes for excellent practice and discovery.

Great drill for hands forward / flat wrist at impact:

Using my tour striker wedge, I hit shots with the ball way forward at setup . . . . like 6" in front of my left foot. You really have to exagerate the feeling of the hands passing th ball before the clubhead to accomplish any sense of shaft lean at impact.

Complete this shot successfully 3-5 times and then place a ball where you would regularly and lag/shaft lean/crisp impact feels easy.

Hi Cmartin,

Just wanted to mention that I first bought the 7 iron pro for myself to try out. I like the feedback and always kind of picked at the ball on the turf. It has helped me quite a bit and my irons are much better now.

Also, my Dad tried out your product and was very skeptical at first. He couldn't hit it at all the first time and asked me if there was a return policy. Later he watched your dvd that came with the product and was able to hit the tour striker the next day. Once he noticed he was hitting his irons so much better, he made me order him another one for himself! So within a span of 3 days he goes from wanting to get a refund to buying another one.

[quote name='bvmagic' timestamp='1297467706' post='2969422']
Hi Cmartin,

Just wanted to mention that I first bought the 7 iron pro for myself to try out. I like the feedback and always kind of picked at the ball on the turf. It has helped me quite a bit and my irons are much better now.

Also, my Dad tried out your product and was very skeptical at first. He couldn't hit it at all the first time and asked me if there was a return policy. Later he watched your dvd that came with the product and was able to hit the tour striker the next day. Once he noticed he was hitting his irons so much better, he made me order him another one for himself! So within a span of 3 days he goes from wanting to get a refund to buying another one.
[/quote]

[quote name='fats' timestamp='1297475350' post='2969730']

That made me laugh. Thanks for sharing.
Got the 7 iron Pro today...50* + weather for 6 to 7 days...Now, can I borrow your swing until May Mr CMartinGolf? :partytime2:
[/quote]

Yeah right. All you need is the right amount of Advil and you're pure.

[quote name='TML' timestamp='1297476709' post='2969805']
I'm ready. I'm a 7.2 handicap, with about 100-105 avg driver swing speed. Which model do I need to buy? Please include pending product launches yet to release....my bad shots are flips which end up being chunky divots.
[/quote]

Get the TSP 7X

Funny story (for me anyway): The Pacific Northwest Golfer Magazine did a little write up about the Tour Striker. So this nice fellow walks in the Admin Office (I'm the GM there) and ask for me. He wants to buy a TS. I don't sell them at Tetherow!! I don't want to mix business with business if you know what I mean. I respect my owners and day job a lot. Anyway, he tells me that he's a 14 and he used to be a 2 and he can't hit his irons well anymore. So I give him the TSP7X out of my bag and show him to the range. He's the only one there, the weather is mild, but it's deadsville right now. I showed him a few shots and then I headed back to my office. After about ten minutes, I go check on him. He's got a mess of a backswing; bent left arm to where the club is bouncing off of his neck! Anyway, he shares that he topped the first 10 balls and then started to "find" it. Amazing how that swing (pretty wonky) could get organized enough to get the tool in the right place. Anyway, I had to send him down the road to Pro Golf Discount. I guess I better get a few clubs in stock so my owners can make a couple of bucks:)

Cheers,

MC

Alright, I tried this the other day at GS...I was swinging some other clubs and it being winter that won't end in Chicago....I was terribly out of rhythm and hacking badly. I saw the TS Pro in the corner and gave it whirl. After two swings I had it and it immediately fixed my tempo. I'm now in the market...but after new irons, R11 etc... I need to hide this from wifey....are there any discount codes and the infomercial says you can do the classic "3 easy payments of $33.95" but its not on the website. I know it sounds pathetic...but I don't want to waste all my bullets in February...you guys know what I mean...can someone PM me?

If anyone else has the Prox model and you haven't hit it off tight grass, do it. That is the true test. A mat, even an old one doesn't really give you the feedback that you need. I finally got to hit mine off tight grass and wow! I also gave it to a few mini tour guys to try. They looked at it and said WTF then hit it.

The first hit a few low balls then started smoking it. The second is the best ball striker I have ever witnessed and ever shot he hit with it was beyond sexy. He hits it a little farther than his normal 7i. His 7i is his 200yd club btw.

Now, anytime I am on the range and a friend is also, I get, "hey man you got that club, I got someone I want to hit it".

I've honestly picked back up one full club thanks to the Prox. My ball flight is higher and the ball seems to just go. I played last weekend and didn't trust my new distances and I air mailed 4 greens on approach shots.

It takes some getting used to but it is a great training tool. I can't wait to add the new device to the puzzle as I believe it will solidify what I am trying to accomplish with working with the Prox.

Thank you Martin for a great training tool.

[quote name='Jeep1423' timestamp='1297518923' post='2970552']
Alright, I tried this the other day at GS...I was swinging some other clubs and it being winter that won't end in Chicago....I was terribly out of rhythm and hacking badly. I saw the TS Pro in the corner and gave it whirl. After two swings I had it and it immediately fixed my tempo. I'm now in the market...but after new irons, R11 etc... I need to hide this from wifey....are there any discount codes and the infomercial says you can do the classic "3 easy payments of $33.95" but its not on the website. I know it sounds pathetic...but I don't want to waste all my bullets in February...you guys know what I mean...can someone PM me?
[/quote]

PM'd:)

[quote name='idiotbox' timestamp='1297522063' post='2970630']
If anyone else has the Prox model and you haven't hit it off tight grass, do it. That is the true test. A mat, even an old one doesn't really give you the feedback that you need. I finally got to hit mine off tight grass and wow! I also gave it to a few mini tour guys to try. They looked at it and said WTF then hit it.

The first hit a few low balls then started smoking it. The second is the best ball striker I have ever witnessed and ever shot he hit with it was beyond sexy. He hits it a little farther than his normal 7i. His 7i is his 200yd club btw.

Now, anytime I am on the range and a friend is also, I get, "hey man you got that club, I got someone I want to hit it".

I've honestly picked back up one full club thanks to the Prox. My ball flight is higher and the ball seems to just go. I played last weekend and didn't trust my new distances and I air mailed 4 greens on approach shots.

It takes some getting used to but it is a great training tool. I can't wait to add the new device to the puzzle as I believe it will solidify what I am trying to accomplish with working with the Prox.

[/quote]

Sorry about the air mailing... You'll get your new true distances figured out. What's best, you'll be hitting the ball with the same lever, so you won't have the "sweet feeling but 20 yards short" or "I swung easy and airmailed the green" mystery anymore.

[quote name='SPY ZINGER' timestamp='1297644184' post='2974168']
What is best for an 11 HDCP with an average 105 Driver SS? Tour 7 or regular 8?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Pro or X

Thanks for your interest!!

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1297644970' post='2974218']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry about the air mailing... You'll get your new true distances figured out. What's best, you'll be hitting the ball with the same lever, so you won't have the "sweet feeling but 20 yards short" or "I swung easy and airmailed the green" mystery anymore.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Pro or X

[/quote]

Sorry? For what? Pointing out something that two instructors and 8yrs has failed to do? I offered it to one of the local college kids at the range today and he said no thanks. He picked it up, gave a few waggles and said, "many you really gotta lean the piss outta this thing to get it to work". I just laughed. As I typed this your commercial came on Golf Channel.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks!
[/quote]

Pro or X

[/quote]

Hey Martin,

Watched A Quiros win the Dubai today . . . . . talk about width and lag!

Been working with an impact bag on the pivot drill you showed on a video . . . it's really helped me feel how the left wrist stays flat/bowed at impact. Post impact, I've really been trying to feel how the left forearm rolls/folds left in the follow through and, therefore, the left wrist never really cups/breaksdown . . . had never really realized/ felt that before.

Will the TS accelorator help with this feeling?
Thanks,
Ed

There is both a 5 and 7 iron offered. Why would one get one over the other?? Thanks!

Taylormade M1 10.5* with Diamana Whiteboard S 70g shaft
Titleist 917 D2 3 wood with a Diamana 70 5ct S shaft
Ping Anser 20* hybrid,
Ping Anser 23* hybrid,
Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW with KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts
50*, 54* & 60* Titleist SM6 wedges
Byron Morgan DH89 SS with Super Stroke 1.0 grip

[quote name='SPY ZINGER' timestamp='1297645116' post='2974228']
That was quick, thanks! I sent an email too, but wondering if you ship to PO BOXES using USPS? Thanks again, going to place an order.
[/quote]

Yes

[quote name='WattSquared' timestamp='1297645413' post='2974248']
Looking to purchase the Pro 7 iron in reg flex steel. The website states the club is out of stock? Any ETA? Thanks.
[/quote]

I know and it sucks! I won't have them in until March 21. Sorry.

I didn't think we'd sell as many R shafted Pro's. Whoops. The S is not a board and most can't tell the difference. I specifically picked that shaft profile because it felt soft for an S shaft.

[quote name='bath4golf' timestamp='1297652878' post='2974721']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks!
[/quote]

Pro or X

[/quote]

Hey Martin,

Watched A Quiros win the Dubai today . . . . . talk about width and lag!

Been working with an impact bag on the pivot drill you showed on a video . . . it's really helped me feel how the left wrist stays flat/bowed at impact. Post impact, I've really been trying to feel how the left forearm rolls/folds left in the follow through and, therefore, the left wrist never really cups/breaksdown . . . had never really realized/ felt that before.

Will the TS accelorator help with this feeling?
Thanks,
Ed
[/quote]

That's one of the "feels" it will help with if that is what you need.

[quote name='riseagainstme' timestamp='1297715407' post='2976958']
Hello Martin,

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it appears as though the TS Accelerator is not a new idea, but an affordable, hot swappable and adjustable "Pure swing" golf trainer.
May want to have your attorney look at patent D493,503 just in case.

[url="http://www.rovergolf.com/pages/pureswing.html"]http://www.rovergolf.../pureswing.html[/url]
[/quote]

You are right. John's product is great. I'm a big fan. In fact that design patent did come up during my attorneys search. My gizmo can be put in a position that makes it similar to John's, but It is really intended to teach the difference between address hands and impact during the backswing and loading motion which is considerably different than John's product. Besides, it can be mounted perpendicular to the face as well which is great for short chips and putts.

[quote name='ceasterb' timestamp='1297727606' post='2977560']
There is both a 5 and 7 iron offered. Why would one get one over the other?? Thanks!
[/quote]

It's simply your preference and whether you are better with your shorter irons and leaky with your longer irons. The only reason I had it built was at the request of Mike Bender. He wanted something for his better players that got leaky with longer clubs. He teaches a lot of highly skilled players.

Martin,

Can you get the TS in custom shaft lenghts? I play my clubs +1 inch with them bent up 4 degrees.... I'm very interested! Thanks!

We can do the 1" over, but only bend +2 up. Sorry.

Are you 7 feet tall?

I think the new Callaway irons are standard 6 degrees upright.............russian_roulette.gif

Sorry, could not resist.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1297791259' post='2979348']
[quote name='Leonard26' timestamp='1297790092' post='2979303']
Martin,

Can you get the TS in custom shaft lenghts? I play my clubs +1 inch with them bent up 4 degrees.... I'm very interested! Thanks!
[/quote]

Are you 7 feet tall?
[/quote]

Haha, I'm 6'6, with very long legs/short torso. I play a silver dot in ping clubs, 4up in my mizuno's

2 up would probably work. How can I place a custom order??

[quote name='Leonard26' timestamp='1297795750' post='2979553']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1297791259' post='2979348']
[quote name='Leonard26' timestamp='1297790092' post='2979303']
Martin,

[/quote]

Are you 7 feet tall?
[/quote]

Haha, I'm 6'6, with very long legs/short torso. I play a silver dot in ping clubs, 4up in my mizuno's

2 up would probably work. How can I place a custom order??
[/quote]

Right off the site at www.tourstriker.com

Thanks for your interest.