2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tour Striker

filthee

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1294377728' post='2879958']
[/quote]

It's a gizmo that fits on the end of you club, weights very little, and has an adjustable arm that can be placed according to what ails you and want you want to feel. If you are a slicer, it will give you the feedback so you learn how to flatten, even bow your wrist during your backswing or downswing (All good players do it, but they do it at a variety of different places.. If you are a "chippy chipowitz" it will help you sustain a FLW or help you throw some away if you are playing on fast greens all the time and need to scrub some speed. If you are a good striker and get too laggy (yes, that is a problem too!), it gives good feedback for that as well.

Needless to say, I'm excited about it. I still need to shoot the instruction DVD, but I'll have prototypes to let pros demo and buy at the PGA Show. I'd post a picture but I don't even have an actual production model yet. Soon!

Thanks for your interest.

Would you be able to offer us a group buy for this device when it is released? I am glad to see that you are one of very few that actually cares about what products you produce. I have been following the release of the TSP even before the infomercials and your youtube videos and you seem to be very genuine and that is rare nowadays. By the way, your instruction videos have made the most impact on my game of all that I have watched.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin,

I just received your Tour Striker, the ProX model. What an awesome tool!

After two or three balls at the range I was able to consistently hit the club like a standard 7 iron. I continued to hit numerous balls trying to relate the proper motion to a distinct feel, striking about 9 out of every 10 properly. I would then switch to my standard clubs and continue to hit about 10 balls. I seemed to not be able to transfer the feel that I had with the tour striker to my standard clubs. I would then switch back to the tour striker and the first ball would be about half the height of a well struck shot with a 15 yd fade. I adjusted and was able to properly hit the second and subsequent balls (with the tour striker) like a normal shot. I continued this cycle of switching between the tour striker and standard clubs with the same results. Do you have a training pattern that makes the swing changes that I'm making with the tour striker permanent? For example... hit balls with nothing but the tour striker until you have no mishits and then hit your standard club, or alternate 3 shots each between the tour stiker and standard club, etc. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and for your awesome training aid! Mark

Been spending some time with the TS Pro again after putting it away for a few weeks but this time it was not only off a range mat but also on grass. I was humbled and what a huge difference moving from mat to grass. On a range mat I can hit the TS pro blindfolded. Ok not really blindfolded but it was very easy to hit. Everything was a penetrating straight ball flight but when I went to grass I felt more like what I was expecting to feel like using this club. Lots of miss hits, shanks, worm burners etc. Took about 50 balls before I started to get similar results to a range mat and I also found that moving from the TS pro on grass transfered to my irons better than it did when I was on the range mat. In other words if you have a range close to you that has grass to hit off of I highly recommend doing it this way. Might be more frustrating to you at first but the results are well worth it.

M1 460 Driver<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 3 Wood<br /><br /><br /><br /> M1 Hybrid<br /><br /><br /><br /> RSi TP irons PW-4<br /><br /><br /><br /> Edel Wedges 50,55,60<br /><br /><br /><br /> MACHINE M2A Converter Putter<br /><br /><br /><br /> <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1012489-grapehunters-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a><br />

[quote name='mjlowball' timestamp='1294788513' post='2889730']
Martin,

I just received your Tour Striker, the ProX model. What an awesome tool!

After two or three balls at the range I was able to consistently hit the club like a standard 7 iron. I continued to hit numerous balls trying to relate the proper motion to a distinct feel, striking about 9 out of every 10 properly. I would then switch to my standard clubs and continue to hit about 10 balls. I seemed to not be able to transfer the feel that I had with the tour striker to my standard clubs. I would then switch back to the tour striker and the first ball would be about half the height of a well struck shot with a 15 yd fade. I adjusted and was able to properly hit the second and subsequent balls (with the tour striker) like a normal shot. I continued this cycle of switching between the tour striker and standard clubs with the same results. Do you have a training pattern that makes the swing changes that I'm making with the tour striker permanent? For example... hit balls with nothing but the tour striker until you have no mishits and then hit your standard club, or alternate 3 shots each between the tour stiker and standard club, etc. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and for your awesome training aid! Mark
[/quote]

Time! :)

I like to warm up with the TS with half shots, then full shots. After I flush a few I go to my clubs. Remember, I was a decent player and still get it around pretty well so I use the TS more for the timing benefits than the lag benefits.

You'll get it. Don't be too hard on yourself. The key with the club is build your own feels and your own style. The ball doesn't care what you look like, it only responds to what the tool is doing at impact.

Check back after a few more sessions and thanks for the purchase.

Martin

[quote name='Grapehunter' timestamp='1294792037' post='2889850']
Been spending some time with the TS Pro again after putting it away for a few weeks but this time it was not only off a range mat but also on grass. I was humbled and what a huge difference moving from mat to grass. On a range mat I can hit the TS pro blindfolded. Ok not really blindfolded but it was very easy to hit. Everything was a penetrating straight ball flight but when I went to grass I felt more like what I was expecting to feel like using this club. Lots of miss hits, shanks, worm burners etc. Took about 50 balls before I started to get similar results to a range mat and I also found that moving from the TS pro on grass transfered to my irons better than it did when I was on the range mat. In other words if you have a range close to you that has grass to hit off of I highly recommend doing it this way. Might be more frustrating to you at first but the results are well worth it.
[/quote]

I skied the other day and here's my analogy for what you just said: hitting the TS Pro off of mats is like skiing on the groomers. It's easy to look pretty good. Hitting the TS Pro off of a neatly mown range is like skiing in powder or through the chop. It takes a whole different level of timing and precision...and commitment.

I'm glad you hung in there.

The tall, pure swinging dude in my infomercial is a prime example. He's a good player. He's got the most "elegant" looking swing, but it lacks a little "guts" at the ball and his irons aren't lasers. Don't get me wrong, most forum members would kill to hit it like him, but the wind shreds him. He too was a hero with the TS Pro on a mat and looked a little foolish on the tight fairways at Tetherow. He adjusted and had an "aha" moment too.

Thanks for the post.

Martin,

I understand it's going to take some time, but I was hoping that you may have a tour striker practice routine that efficiently makes swing changes more permanent. For example, practice with tour striker only for some period of time, alternate between the striker and standard every shot, or practice a min of x times per week, etc. Thanks, Mark

I received my Pro X today and took it downstairs to hit some balls. My homemade mat is made from standard indoor/outdoors grass purchased at any home improvement store. Below is a pic of the face. I hit about 50 balls and 2 were worm rapers. The others felt crisp and hit the net in about the same place.

After hitting balls with the TS, I moved to my normal 7i...WOW is all I can say.

tourstriker.jpg

[quote name='mjlowball' timestamp='1294874136' post='2892435']
Martin,

I understand it's going to take some time, but I was hoping that you may have a tour striker practice routine that efficiently makes swing changes more permanent. For example, practice with tour striker only for some period of time, alternate between the striker and standard every shot, or practice a min of x times per week, etc. Thanks, Mark
[/quote]

Everyone is different.

I could put together a routine but the proof is in the striking. You can hit it well or you can't and when you can, you can challenge yourself more from the type of lie you give yourself. Personally, I think you use the TS until you see a difference in your striking and do your best to transfer the feel to your irons. Then you can challenge yourself to see how many flushed shots you can make in a row.

I've stated before, I'm a fan of warming up with the club and then heading to my sticks. If I get a little out of sequence when I'm playing, I hit my TSX more than during a simple warmup.

If I could get someone to actually practice for 30 minutes 3x a week without their cell phone chirping or distractions and learn to hit the shape shots with the TS, wow, would they be a well rounded striker.

As far as telling you, hey do this, do that and I'll guarantee you reach a certain level? I can't. I can tell you, you will hit it better than you have before and will enjoy your repertoire of shots in your quiver.

I received my Pro X today and took it downstairs to hit some balls. My homemade mat is made from standard indoor/outdoors grass purchased at any home improvement store. Below is a pic of the face. I hit about 50 balls and 2 were worm rapers. The others felt crisp and hit the net in about the same place.

After hitting balls with the TS, I moved to my normal 7i...WOW is all I can say.

tourstriker.jpg

That's a pretty good pattern for one session. Obviously you had a few funky shots toward the toe, but otherwise pretty darn good. You'll tighten it up with more practice. I actually had a guy who wanted me to make a smaller one:)

I'm sure your 7 iron looked massive after using the TSPX.

Thanks for posting!

Look what I ran across on Golfsmith's website. (I don't know if it's been posted on here or not, but if it has I apologize)

http://www.golfsmith.com/browse.php?Ntt=tour+striker&N=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode+matchall&Ntk=All&lcode=expps&brand_search=

I really like this trainer, especially off of a lie board. I can't cheat off of that thing. It's helped me understand the swing and how it's supposed to work a lot more. :clapping:

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

I ordered my TSP yesterday and needless to say, I am really excited to use it!! Unfortunately, I live in Ohio and it's the middle of the winter. Would you wait and use it once I can actually hit off of the turf or would it be beneficial to start hitting off of mats now? Also, since I broke my wrist, I have had troubles adjusting the height of my shots, mainly struggling to hit it low(which is almost impossible for me at this point). I know that the most of the cause is flipping at impact.

Taylormade Stealth 9 w/ Tensei White 1K 60TX

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 16.5 w/ Tensei White 1K 80TX

Callaway Apex UW 21 w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 90TX

Miura TC-201 4-PW w/ LAGP L-Series 
Artisan 50, 55, 60 w/ LAGP L-Series 

Evnroll ER11V

[quote name='EHSGolf1' timestamp='1295037169' post='2896978']
I ordered my TSP yesterday and needless to say, I am really excited to use it!! Unfortunately, I live in Ohio and it's the middle of the winter. Would you wait and use it once I can actually hit off of the turf or would it be beneficial to start hitting off of mats now? Also, since I broke my wrist, I have had troubles adjusting the height of my shots, mainly struggling to hit it low(which is almost impossible for me at this point). I know that the most of the cause is flipping at impact.
[/quote]

Mats are fine. Like long grass, they allow for a little cheating, but it's better than not practicing at all! Just take it easy and don't over due it until your wrist feel sound.

[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1295044434' post='2897261']
Okay, so I've got a question. I'm an 8.1 handicap who adds a ton of loft at impact because I have a early release of the clubhead right at impact. Will the Tour Striker Pro help me with this?
[/quote]

If it doesn't help, send it back;) Some people send them back. The returned clubs go to good causes. Mostly junior and college programs.

Probably looking to order the TSP but am also considering the wedge. Just so I understand - the wedge helps with shots 100yds and in, correct? I also struggle with the short shots on tight lies. Good for that?

Last but not least - I went to the site and can't select loft or lie on the steel shaft wedge. I assume it's out of stock? If so, what's the expected date to be in?

Thanks, Mike

[quote name='sompin2do' timestamp='1295075103' post='2898069']
Probably looking to order the TSP but am also considering the wedge. Just so I understand - the wedge helps with shots 100yds and in, correct? I also struggle with the short shots on tight lies. Good for that?

Last but not least - I went to the site and can't select loft or lie on the steel shaft wedge. I assume it's out of stock? If so, what's the expected date to be in?

Thanks, Mike
[/quote]

Hi Mike, the wedge will help you understand the relationship between how your hands and pivot have to relate to hit solid chip and pitch shots. It's rather challenging off of a closely-mown grass surface and fun practice off of a mat. I just checked on the website: there is inventory and I found the site to be working?? Weird. Please try again.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1295106159' post='2898391']

Thanks, Mike
[/quote]

Hi Mike, the wedge will help you understand the relationship between how your hands and pivot have to relate to hit solid chip and pitch shots. It's rather challenging off of a closely-mown grass surface and fun practice off of a mat. I just checked on the website: there is inventory and I found the site to be working?? Weird. Please try again.
[/quote]

Thanks Martin. I tried it in Internet Explorer and it works. Must have been a Firefox thing. Any discount codes? Mike

[quote name='sompin2do' timestamp='1295110130' post='2898514']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1295106159' post='2898391']

Thanks, Mike
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Martin. I tried it in Internet Explorer and it works. Must have been a Firefox thing. Any discount codes? Mike
[/quote]

Hi Mike,

Presently the deals are:

Buy two TS's and get free shipping. Buy three and get 30% off your third club and free shipping.

Thanks for the interest.

Martin

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1294526378' post='2883226']
If you are on this forum, you are a golf nerd like me and YES, you should get the Pro model:)
[/quote]

What about us gals?

DH and I are high-handicappers, took up the game a couple of years ago. He's 6'2", I'm 5'3", so we can't really share a TSP. I'm not too bad with swing speed; my driver and hybrids were fit with senior flex.

Would a viable solution be a short (-1" or -2"), maybe flatter lie angle, regular flex TSP 7? Or might there be a TSP 7 ladies available anytime soon?

Thanks!

Michelle

After reading this thread, I am very interested in purchasing the tour striker. I am not big on buying training aids; in fact this would be the second training aid I ever purchased. I do most of my practice by hitting golf balls into a net. Has anybody else used the tour striker for hitting into a net? I was wondering if it is easy to distinguish between good and bad shots hitting into a net? I guess I should mention that I record my swing regularly and although I don't "flip the club" my teacher has been working with me to retaining more angle for years (I want a way to make sure I retain the proper angle without checking the video.) I am really trying to find a product that will give me the feedback to know if I am hitting it perfect. I am planning on getting the pro 7 iron, would you guys recommend it?

[quote name='Jmoney9335' timestamp='1295221295' post='2901741']
After reading this thread, I am very interested in purchasing the tour striker. I am not big on buying training aids; in fact this would be the second training aid I ever purchased. I do most of my practice by hitting golf balls into a net. Has anybody else used the tour striker for hitting into a net? I was wondering if it is easy to distinguish between good and bad shots hitting into a net? I guess I should mention that I record my swing regularly and although I don't "flip the club" my teacher has been working with me to retaining more angle for years (I want a way to make sure I retain the proper angle without checking the video.) I am really trying to find a product that will give me the feedback to know if I am hitting it perfect. I am planning on getting the pro 7 iron, would you guys recommend it?
[/quote]

yes

[quote name='spuds' timestamp='1295212082' post='2901346']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1294526378' post='2883226']
If you are on this forum, you are a golf nerd like me and YES, you should get the Pro model:)
[/quote]

What about us gals?

DH and I are high-handicappers, took up the game a couple of years ago. He's 6'2", I'm 5'3", so we can't really share a TSP. I'm not too bad with swing speed; my driver and hybrids were fit with senior flex.

Would a viable solution be a short (-1" or -2"), maybe flatter lie angle, regular flex TSP 7? Or might there be a TSP 7 ladies available anytime soon?

Thanks!

Michelle
[/quote]

:)

Sorry Spuds! Sorry to discriminate.

The regular TS or the Wedge is better suited for "most" ladies.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1295224851' post='2901881']
[quote name='spuds' timestamp='1295212082' post='2901346']

What about us gals?

Michelle
[/quote]

:)

Sorry Spuds! Sorry to discriminate.

The regular TS or the Wedge is better suited for "most" ladies.
[/quote]

Thanks, Martin! After I posted I finished reading all 23 pages and came across Swingseeker's posts. Sounds like she and I have a lot in common and I see that she found the regular TS to be just fine.

Of course I could always do a package of TSP for DH and the wedge for me, which he'd also benefit from. Decisions, decisions...

Michelle

Hello, Martin, and all!

I am a 'tweener', somewhere from 11-13 handicap. My strong suit is keeping the ball in play and out of trouble. My distance stinks, however!
My swing speed is not terrible, but like the poster above, I hit the ball towards the toe too often.
My biggest issue is striking my irons from the fairway consistently.

My question is what model should I look at purchasing? I am guessing the Pro model 7 iron, but I want another opinion.

I am realistic in the fact that I will not be a scratch golfer, but I do believe that with some work I can sneak into the single digits. With all other things remaining the same, just hitting three or four more irons close to the sweet spot every round should get me there.

The only other training aid I have purchased was a hinged iron. I learned to cheat with it pretty quickly after I started using it. I don't see how I could do that with the striker.

Any help is appreciated, and the amount of time you spend here talking us thru all this stuff is impressive!

Thanx,
Ron

Well, this is my review... I purchased the TS from Edwin Watts three weeks ago after a horrible day out on the golf course. I got it within two days and took it straight to the driving range. I hit a medium bucket off grass and I totally had the worst session at the driving range. I don't think I hit a single decent shot that night and was ready to quit. I decided to practice in my back yard, hitting plastic balls from Target. I did not hit any of my clubs since then and totally committed to the TS. Saturday I broke out my pitching wedge and was amazed on how solid I was hitting those little balls. I went to the driving range and :yahoo: I was hitting my my 7 iron as far as I used to hit my hybrid. My brother in law tried it and on his first try hit the ball 150 yards he's a freak of nature though.

I have been playing seriously for 9 months and have spent too much money on useless gimmicks and spent hundreds of hours on the web trying to teach myself. I wish I would have known about this earlier. The only good thing besides the TS that has helped me was the Swingyde, but everything else has been a total waste of money.

I'm not going to lie, I hit 50% of the balls purely with the TS, but when I switch over to my irons it is an UNBELIEVABLE change.

Marin, thanks for an amazing product!

[quote name='rcubed3r' timestamp='1295296132' post='2903609']
Hello, Martin, and all!

I am a 'tweener', somewhere from 11-13 handicap. My strong suit is keeping the ball in play and out of trouble. My distance stinks, however!
My swing speed is not terrible, but like the poster above, I hit the ball towards the toe too often.
My biggest issue is striking my irons from the fairway consistently.

My question is what model should I look at purchasing? I am guessing the Pro model 7 iron, but I want another opinion.

I am realistic in the fact that I will not be a scratch golfer, but I do believe that with some work I can sneak into the single digits. With all other things remaining the same, just hitting three or four more irons close to the sweet spot every round should get me there.

The only other training aid I have purchased was a hinged iron. I learned to cheat with it pretty quickly after I started using it. I don't see how I could do that with the striker.

Any help is appreciated, and the amount of time you spend here talking us thru all this stuff is impressive!

Thanx,
Ron
[/quote]

I am not a fan of the hinged clubs. I know they have helped people and that's great, but I can't use the darn thing and I hit the ball pretty darn pure. The hinged club is a preference and I don't really care how you do it. When I coach, I do have preferences, but that's when you are right in front of me and I'm trying to help you figure things out.

Go with the TS Pro. You can cheat it by making the lie fluffy. Once you can handle the fluffy lies, get the ball on a closely mown grass tee area or an old tired mat, the kind you hate.