Tour Striker

filthee

Hi Martin, a UK resident here, ive been emailing the guys at golfsportandsupplies.com every other day or so about ordering one of these and still no reply! Do they actually do any work or stock the product lol? Getting tired of waiting so im thinking of just ordering one of your site and wait for the international delivery?

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scratch that ive ordered one from your site! cant wait to get it and start working with it!

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

Hey Martin, can you tell me what are the benefits of using a lie board? I can only think of one, that's for the Tour Striker, making it the hardest lie. But I feel as if it would help with your lie angle at impact, too. I'm looking for the same plane as address and impact, but the difference is with a forward leaning shaft. Does it help with impacting the middle of the lie angle, too? I'm really confused with this, can you help me, Martin?

[quote name='davekzg' timestamp='1305736939' post='3244319']
Hi Martin, a UK resident here, ive been emailing the guys at golfsportandsupplies.com every other day or so about ordering one of these and still no reply! Do they actually do any work or stock the product lol? Getting tired of waiting so im thinking of just ordering one of your site and wait for the international delivery?
[/quote]

Unfortunately I have had a bad experience with these guys. Trying since the beginning of May to order a couple of Tour Strikers,
and still no luck. They take forever to get back to me.

[quote name='prestiege' timestamp='1305681921' post='3242937']
finally got to hit the tour striker on the range. hit about 100 balls, id say 50% were good shots the rest were low LOW bullets. went and played 9 the same day. boy my arms were very tired. probably 300 balls on the range. slight dog left, 330ish hole, bunker right at like 260, huge tree on the left. got pretty windy so i hit 6 iron. usually hit 4W. the highest 6 iron i ever hit. into the wind it dropped around 180. usually a 188-190ish club, but the wind was coming at me pretty strong. the thing went up like 9 stories with X100's soft stepped. not sure if it was the wind or our striker but it had to be the best/highest 6 iron i ever hit. all my iron shots for the 9 holes were at least 2 stories higher than normal with the same distance or slightly less due to the wind. im sure if the wind wasnt blowing i would of gained a good club longer. definatly a keeper. cant wait to get at least 80/20 good to bad ratio.

2 of the 3 others in our 4some said, damn i wish i could hit the ball like that, the 4th

another shot, had a double/split bunker to clear only like 30 yards to front of the green, green at that spot was only 25 yards wide and i was under a tree. on that distance i would normally use the LW, couldnt because of the tree and hit the AW, kept it low under the tree and ended up checking 5 yards short of the end of the green. a shot i would of always either ended up in the bunker or over the green. combination of TS and VR wedges helped me stick the green. i looked like a pro on that shot.

i can definatly see good things to come with continued use of the TS, now all i need is a good lesson on how to line up properly to your aiming line/stance position and i feel i could drop at least a good 5 storkes
[/quote]

[quote name='davekzg' timestamp='1305739754' post='3244462']
scratch that ive ordered one from your site! cant wait to get it and start working with it!
[/quote]

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience. You made my day with that story.

[quote name='golfdu' timestamp='1305782805' post='3246332']
Hey Martin, can you tell me what are the benefits of using a lie board? I can only think of one, that's for the Tour Striker, making it the hardest lie. But I feel as if it would help with your lie angle at impact, too. I'm looking for the same plane as address and impact, but the difference is with a forward leaning shaft. Does it help with impacting the middle of the lie angle, too? I'm really confused with this, can you help me, Martin?
[/quote]

A couple of things.

Place the ball about 3" inches off the lie board on the grass with the board behind the ball on the target line. Hitting balls like this will help you get a consistent angle of attack. Hitting off a lie board is fine, but I'd rather you hit off of closely mown turf.

Great for bunker practice. Bury the board and put 1" inch of sand on it and hit shots. The "bottom" the lie board provides is basically what Tour players feel. Very few "fluffy" bunkers on Tour.

[quote name='zak flaps' timestamp='1305805773' post='3246535']
[/quote]

Sorry 'bout that. The guy is new with the product and he basically places it with retailers. I'll touch base with him and find out the best way to get the product. Thanks for getting one from me direct. I appreciate it.

Unfortunately I have had a bad experience with these guys. Trying since the beginning of May to order a couple of Tour Strikers,
[/quote]

See above:(

I don't think I like the drill of anything 3 inches behind the ball so you could hit down on it because I tried it today, kept hooking balls all day long. So I'm just going to hit balls off the lie board instead of putting something behind the ball that kinda promotes a really steep takeaway. I'm currently buying a lie board right now, it's the Ralph Maltby Heavy Duty Lie Board, it seems to be the most durable. Would you agree with this lie board, Martin?

[quote name='Ricky_W666' timestamp='1306109695' post='3254570']
Hey Martin, I was just hoping for a bit of advice. I play off plus 2 and hit the ball a fair distance, That being said what would be the best option for me to try out first. Do I start with the pro X or start with just the pro? Thanks
[/quote]

Being as good as you are, you don't need to learn to lean it. The benefit will come from repeating the rhythm required to hit it with consistency. Good players can deliver the amount of lean they want for the shot at hand. The Pro X will help you with your delivery feels. Thanks for the question and continued success with your game.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1306115970' post='3254848']
[quote name='Ricky_W666' timestamp='1306109695' post='3254570']
Hey Martin, I was just hoping for a bit of advice. I play off plus 2 and hit the ball a fair distance, That being said what would be the best option for me to try out first. Do I start with the pro X or start with just the pro? Thanks
[/quote]

Being as good as you are, you don't need to learn to lean it. The benefit will come from repeating the rhythm required to hit it with consistency. Good players can deliver the amount of lean they want for the shot at hand. The Pro X will help you with your delivery feels. Thanks for the question and continued success with your game.
[/quote]

Thanks, I thought that might be the way to go. Looking forward to giving one of these bad boys a whack

[quote name='zak flaps' timestamp='1305805773' post='3246535']
[/quote]

[/quote]

For European sales send a note to [email protected]. They will help you out.

HI all,

I just finished reading all 45 pages of this thread; I would like to take my hat off to Mr. Martin for dedicating so much time to helping all these people improve their game. His generosity is inspiring.

Best I've shot at our par 35 9hole Muni is 54, sometimes 64. If I was a chick in a Bond movie my name would be Flipper Galore. At least it's not Wiffer Galore, anymore. I don't have a TS yet, so I'm working on pitching drills with my regular irons. The crushing the grape analogy did the trick. I felt some kind of repeatable lag for the first time today. Can't wait to get a hold of the TS.

Hi-

I don't buy a lot of golf gadgets as a rule, but I recently picked up a TS Wedge and TS Pro and have been working with them as often as I can manage, which is only once or twice a week most of the time. I don't feel that I've mastered either club, especially the TS Pro, but I've hit some of the best shots of my life with them on occasion, and it's given me a glimpse of what is possible that encourages me to keep at it.. I'm sure that with practice, I'll be able to hit them well more consistently.

I can already tell that it is helping my ball striking with my regular clubs. I'm hitting every club one to two clubs further than before. I've always heard that you're supposed to "hit down on the ball", but haven't seen anything that actually explained how to do it before these clubs and the instructional DVD that comes with them. The DVD explained the difference between address position and impact position, a little "secret" I never knew about that lets you hit down on the ball without hitting fat shots and hacking out giant divots.

Now, I finally fell like I at least know how I *should* be trying to hit a golf ball, which is a big part of the battle right there. Thanks, Martin, for making these terrific products!

[quote name='Jimmy O' timestamp='1306217300' post='3257684']
HI all,

I just finished reading all 45 pages of this thread; I would like to take my hat off to Mr. Martin for dedicating so much time to helping all these people improve their game. His generosity is inspiring.

Best I've shot at our par 35 9hole Muni is 54, sometimes 64. If I was a chick in a Bond movie my name would be Flipper Galore. At least it's not Wiffer Galore, anymore. I don't have a TS yet, so I'm working on pitching drills with my regular irons. The crushing the grape analogy did the trick. I felt some kind of repeatable lag for the first time today. Can't wait to get a hold of the TS.
[/quote]

Flipper Galore! That is funny! Thanks for posting. You might ask around the courses you play to see if they have a demo for you to try to help make up your mind on which model should you elect to get one. I'm glad the video helped you understand the sensations that occur in the swing. Take care and good luck with your game.

[quote name='RandomSwing' timestamp='1306303828' post='3260795']
Hi-

I don't buy a lot of golf gadgets as a rule, but I recently picked up a TS Wedge and TS Pro and have been working with them as often as I can manage, which is only once or twice a week most of the time. I don't feel that I've mastered either club, especially the TS Pro, but I've hit some of the best shots of my life with them on occasion, and it's given me a glimpse of what is possible that encourages me to keep at it.. I'm sure that with practice, I'll be able to hit them well more consistently.

I can already tell that it is helping my ball striking with my regular clubs. I'm hitting every club one to two clubs further than before. I've always heard that you're supposed to "hit down on the ball", but haven't seen anything that actually explained how to do it before these clubs and the instructional DVD that comes with them. The DVD explained the difference between address position and impact position, a little "secret" I never knew about that lets you hit down on the ball without hitting fat shots and hacking out giant divots.

Now, I finally fell like I at least know how I *should* be trying to hit a golf ball, which is a big part of the battle right there. Thanks, Martin, for making these terrific products!
[/quote]

Thanks for posting. I'm glad the TS and video has helped change your intent a little bit to where can strike the ball better. Love hearing that!

HI all,

Best I've shot at our par 35 9hole Muni is 54, sometimes 64. If I was a chick in a Bond movie my name would be Flipper Galore. At least it's not Wiffer Galore, anymore. I don't have a TS yet, so I'm working on pitching drills with my regular irons. [b]The crushing the grape analogy[/b] did the trick. I felt some kind of repeatable lag for the first time today. Can't wait to get a hold of the TS.
[/quote]

I've seen the grape tip used a couple of times in this thread. What is the 'crushing the grape' analogy exactly? I've been trying to eliminate my flip.

[quote name='Rockefella' timestamp='1306348512' post='3262036']
HI all,

Best I've shot at our par 35 9hole Muni is 54, sometimes 64. If I was a chick in a Bond movie my name would be Flipper Galore. At least it's not Wiffer Galore, anymore. I don't have a TS yet, so I'm working on pitching drills with my regular irons. [b]The crushing the grape analogy[/b] did the trick. I felt some kind of repeatable lag for the first time today. Can't wait to get a hold of the TS.
[/quote]

I've seen the grape tip used a couple of times in this thread. What is the 'crushing the grape' analogy exactly? I've been trying to eliminate my flip.
[/quote]

Go to the www.tourstriker.com website and you can watch the video.

Basically, during transition from backswing to downswing, if you are aware, you'll feel the clubs mass resist changing direction. You'll feel it in the hands, more specifically, the base knuckle of the right index finger. That resistance, provided by the club, would "squish the grape" against your hand. We don't want to squish the grape against the club WITH our right. Big difference!

Purchased the TS Pro from my local GS last week. Finally had a chance to use it last night. I always thought I was a flipper, but I was able to make good contact with the pro on my second swing. I hit about 30 balls with it and all but two I got in the air and I was hitting it about 155. Most were not straight so I'm sure my problem lies elsewhere. I love the feedback I got with the pro and I'll continue to practice with it. After speaking with Martin on the phone I think my best option is heading out to Bend for some lessons :)

[quote name='adjulian' timestamp='1306420661' post='3264107']
The pro 7 iron seems pretty popular.

If you had to choose one - would you choose the pro 7 iron or the pro 5 iron?

I'd like to pick up both eventually.
[/quote]

The 7 first...then the 56...then the 5.

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1306420825' post='3264114']
[quote name='adjulian' timestamp='1306420661' post='3264107']
The pro 7 iron seems pretty popular.

If you had to choose one - would you choose the pro 7 iron or the pro 5 iron?

I'd like to pick up both eventually.
[/quote]

The 7 first...then the 56...then the 5.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip.

What would be your rationale for 7, 56, then 5?

I was thinking 7 as well first since I probably hit more 7 irons than 5i's in a round.

Thanks!

I knew my first time out with the TS pro was a fluke. Now I'm having trouble getting the ball in the air with it and with my normal irons. I don't know what the difference is, but I would really like to figure it out. I went out for a quick 18 today and for the most part I did ok. I hit the ball fat, thin and off the hossle. I can't wait until I can get some free time to head out to Bend to take lessons from Martin.

I would like to use my Swingyde with the TS but I'm curious what would be the best way to align the Swingyde in relation to the face of the TS using the grip Martin teaches in his videos. Would it be at 1 o'clock? Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='JSmall' timestamp='1306722747' post='3271734']
I knew my first time out with the TS pro was a fluke. Now I'm having trouble getting the ball in the air with it and with my normal irons. I don't know what the difference is, but I would really like to figure it out. I went out for a quick 18 today and for the most part I did ok. I hit the ball fat, thin and off the hossle. I can't wait until I can get some free time to head out to Bend to take lessons from Martin.

I would like to use my Swingyde with the TS but I'm curious what would be the best way to align the Swingyde in relation to the face of the TS using the grip Martin teaches in his videos. Would it be at 1 o'clock? Any help would be appreciated.
[/quote]

Come on out and see me!

If you are having trouble with the TS, it helps to take your swing down to 9 to 3 until you get some nice strikes, then add some speed. In most cases guys/gals overswing their arms in an attempt to mash it and lose structure to where they can't apply the club without flipping.

The Swingyde is good, but it is all about your grip and top of the backswing position. I have never "read the directions" about the gizmo. I've used one, and I tightened it on the club while holding the club in a cocked and flat condition.

Post a video, I'll take a look.

[quote name='Mack17' timestamp='1306723603' post='3271751']
Does the tour striker actually work? Seems like a genius idea...but...i don't know.
[/quote]

Hi Mack,

I invented it. It has helped many while some have not liked it. Find a demo somewhere and give it a try. If you buy one from my site and don't like, you can return it before 30 days, but you risk the shipping fees.

Funny, some folks buy it and still try and scoop to get the ball in the air. Some habits are REALLY hard to get past.

Thanks Martin. I'm making it my mission to get out there soon. I'm trying to get the basics down by watching your videos so I can have a decent understanding before I come out. I would love to post a video and that was great of you to offer that service, but unfortunately all I have is an iPhone camera that probably won't do the job correctly. I'll keep at the TS and watching your videos until I can get out there for some one on one.

Well the tour striker seems like it was built for me! The problem i have is that I dont hit down on the ball, so I lose out on lots of distance. I saw your ad somewhere saying that the TS gurentees 20 more yards. For real?[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1306730463' post='3271948']
[quote name='Mack17' timestamp='1306723603' post='3271751']
Does the tour striker actually work? Seems like a genius idea...but...i don't know.
[/quote]

Hi Mack,

I invented it. It has helped many while some have not liked it. Find a demo somewhere and give it a try. If you buy one from my site and don't like, you can return it before 30 days, but you risk the shipping fees.

Funny, some folks buy it and still try and scoop to get the ball in the air. Some habits are REALLY hard to get past.
[/quote]