Tour Striker

filthee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]

Martin:

I received the TS yesterday and took it to the driving range which has mats that have no artificial grass on them at all, but are a little bit spongy. They have about 1-2 inches of rubber under the green surface, this acts as a spongy base. The actual hitting surface is like a green cloth surface. Is hitting off this type of surface recommended.

I got it it very quick and am very happy with the results. The only thing I focused on was hitting down on the ball. The ball flights were exactly what I have been trying to get. I was so impressed that I came home and ordered the TSP 7 and the 56* wedge. Thanks for a great learning tool. By the way I ordered my clubs with graphite shafts and they work fine.

I am about to try an experiment on my neighbor who took up golf last year. I am going to give him my TS and let him have a go at it to see if it can help him. Today I sent him the link to the infomercial and tomorrow I will give him the club.
[/quote]

Yoda, thanks for the note and the support. I really appreciate it. Let me know how your neighbor does. Typically, the learning curve is fairly quick.

Take care,

Martin

d3ltqk9ehq.jpg

The TSP with the TSPX below.

It looks really intimidating, but it sure makes you aware of the PP#3 and how to deliver the sweet spot of the club (or not!). Most folks will do great with the TSP but for those psychos like me, the TSPX is the tool.

Cheers,

Martin

I'm not a golf machine guy (nothing against it, just don't know the practices), so how do you deliver PP#3? would you recommend this club still?

the reason i ask is there is another product that gets rave reviews (Pure Ball Striker) and i have one, but have no idea how this is supposed to create lag, i just waste balls at the range using it. I'm interested in this club, but don't want to use something that i can't get to work.

thanks

this tour striker training aid doesn't necessarily have to do with the golfing machine. it just teaches you to hit down on the ball (negative angle of attack) which all pros do, with lag (the club head trails your hands). these are just basic fundamentals regardless of swing style which is so elusive to amateurs like myself.
What I get from TGM are fundamentals that encourage solid compression of the golf ball through proper impact alignments. I have the pure ball striker too and still haven't been able to really make use of it. I'm sure they all work, i'm just using it improperly or it doesn't apply to me.

I just felt the PBS was so highly regarded that not being a subscriber to TGM you can't use it properly. i'm a single digit hc and never was able to hit 1 shot with the PBS. I understand how the tour striker is supposed to work and i'm interested in learning more about it, but if i need to read a book (that i'm told reads like stereo instructions) i'm not going to buy into it.

just recieved my today. Tour striker pro and 56 wedge.

First when I tried to address the iron´s I really thought, how the hell I am going to hit the ball with those wired faces.
And yes - it was as hard as I thought. My swing really has to change to hit these irons.
I tried more and more to keep the left hand infront of the ball, and even I thought in the downswing "Yes - this one is great" it was just a ball flying few inches above the ground. I think every 15 ball I could get in the air, but as I wrote I have some swing fault, as I slide and a bow at the top which closes the club face much, and this I than very difficult to do with the tour striker irons

I tried the wedge, but this one is for now even more hard to hit well so I stopped and used again the 7 iron. The funny thing was when I go back to my normal irons I really hit them well, and higher as ever before - So I am holding the lag better, even the tour striker tell me there is still a lot of work.

I know a swing wont change in a week or two, but over months - but I think this device is fatter better than the pure ball striker, as the tour striker tells you right away if it is good or bad and the pure ball striker is a device I newer really understand

Just tested my TS Pro yesterday and i love it already. When I first took it out of the box I thought there was no way in hell I could get the ball in the air with it. To my surprise i actually got the ball airborn 50% of the time. The best part was when I started hitting my regular 7 iron, the face looked so big after hitting the TS Pro, it felt like i was cheating!

I really hope the TSPro helps my driver and 3 wood as that is where I struggle the most. I wasted so much $ in the past with other training aids that are just sitting in my closet but the TSPro is always going to be part of my range sessions for now on. Going to pick up the wedge when I get more money.

i can't wait to get mine. do they send you a tracking number? it looks like they send it USPS Priority mail.

What I like, from the sounds of it, is the instant feedback that this training aid gives you. Unlike the 5-iron medicus that breaks, you can cheat it. Sounds like a wonderful warm up tool before tee'ing off.

[quote name='fife321' date='30 May 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1275283451' post='2477323']

I'm not a golf machine guy (nothing against it, just don't know the practices), so how do you deliver PP#3? would you recommend this club still?

the reason i ask is there is another product that gets rave reviews (Pure Ball Striker) and i have one, but have no idea how this is supposed to create lag, i just waste balls at the range using it. I'm interested in this club, but don't want to use something that i can't get to work.

thanks
[/quote]

The PBS is a great awareness tool, but you have to be aware of what you are trying to feel. The transition from back swing to forward swing puts pressure in your hands. The PBS gives you a great sense of how and a feel of where to aim the pressure. The pressure "shoots out" as the energy in the club overtakes the hinge and seeks to straighten. Keep working with the PBS, chances are you need to modify your grip so the face can square if you aim the thrust properly.

[quote name='jacksonlui' date='31 May 2010 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1275328449' post='2478021']
this tour striker training aid doesn't necessarily have to do with the golfing machine. it just teaches you to hit down on the ball (negative angle of attack) which all pros do, with lag (the club head trails your hands). these are just basic fundamentals regardless of swing style which is so elusive to amateurs like myself.
What I get from TGM are fundamentals that encourage solid compression of the golf ball through proper impact alignments. I have the pure ball striker too and still haven't been able to really make use of it. I'm sure they all work, i'm just using it improperly or it doesn't apply to me.
[/quote]

I'm a big fan of TGM and have studied it for years. One of these days I'll take the exam so I can hang the shingle. Truthfully, with minor exception, the only decent instruction I've ever received has been with TGM authorized instructors or guys that at least know the book. You have to be a special breed to want to understand the little yellow book.

[quote name='Sneil' date='31 May 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1275334713' post='2478221']
Yea, the Pure Ball Striker was kind of a dud for me. Maybe you need to be a little more of an advanced golfer to take real advantage of it, but I just found it very distracting in my swing...
[/quote]

It's a feedback tool. I'm sure if I had five minutes with you, you'd see the merit.

[quote name='fife321' date='31 May 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1275336313' post='2478277']
I just felt the PBS was so highly regarded that not being a subscriber to TGM you can't use it properly. i'm a single digit hc and never was able to hit 1 shot with the PBS. I understand how the tour striker is supposed to work and i'm interested in learning more about it, but if i need to read a book (that i'm told reads like stereo instructions) i'm not going to buy into it.
[/quote]

My gizmo is pretty simple. You can either do it or you can't. Hopefully, the people that buy the TS have enough 'stick-to-it-iveness' to glean some positive instincts that adapt to their game. You don't need to understand TGM to benefit from the TS but you will need to figure out how to make it work;)

[quote name='rossonero' date='31 May 2010 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1275336997' post='2478310']
just recieved my today. Tour striker pro and 56 wedge.

First when I tried to address the iron´s I really thought, how the hell I am going to hit the ball with those wired faces.
And yes - it was as hard as I thought. My swing really has to change to hit these irons.
I tried more and more to keep the left hand infront of the ball, and even I thought in the downswing "Yes - this one is great" it was just a ball flying few inches above the ground. I think every 15 ball I could get in the air, but as I wrote I have some swing fault, as I slide and a bow at the top which closes the club face much, and this I than very difficult to do with the tour striker irons

I tried the wedge, but this one is for now even more hard to hit well so I stopped and used again the 7 iron. The funny thing was when I go back to my normal irons I really hit them well, and higher as ever before - So I am holding the lag better, even the tour striker tell me there is still a lot of work.

I know a swing wont change in a week or two, but over months - but I think this device is fatter better than the pure ball striker, as the tour striker tells you right away if it is good or bad and the pure ball striker is a device I newer really understand

[/quote]

Thanks for the post. You are the guy it is going to help the most. Have an open mind and tinker around until you get it. Remember, it's not about style, it's about impact and generally when impact is great, style is just dandy. Well, that's a fib, maybe my old friend Jim Furyk still looks a little goofy. But I'd sure like his check book:)

[quote name='jaydub1228' date='31 May 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1275338078' post='2478358']
Just tested my TS Pro yesterday and i love it already. When I first took it out of the box I thought there was no way in hell I could get the ball in the air with it. To my surprise i actually got the ball airborn 50% of the time. The best part was when I started hitting my regular 7 iron, the face looked so big after hitting the TS Pro, it felt like i was cheating!

I really hope the TSPro helps my driver and 3 wood as that is where I struggle the most. I wasted so much $ in the past with other training aids that are just sitting in my closet but the TSPro is always going to be part of my range sessions for now on. Going to pick up the wedge when I get more money.
[/quote]

I have a couple of videos I need to post. Your last sentence being the topic video. The TS will teach you to lag the club behind the lead arm into impact. That's my goal. With a ball on the ground, there will be varying degrees of forward lean from the wedge to the 3 wood. I don't want you to think about it much, but the wedge will have the most lean of 6-8 degrees and the three wood will have 2 or 3 degrees of lean. The other clubs will fall in there somewhere.

The trick isn't the lean. The trick is the ability to keep the shaft behind the outside plane of the lead arm. Even when you are hitting up on a driver, the shaft is still behind the plane of the lead arm. When the driver shaft has upward lean, it is still less than the amount of upward lean of the forward arm. The net of those two conditions is "forward lean" for the driver.

Good luck and thanks for the support.

Martin Chuck

Yeah - I am still realy excited about these clubs even I at the moment have huge difficulties to hit them. I can see on the club faces that the few shots I actually get in the air is just on the bottom of the club face, so there are much more space.
I am even hitting them at the mat for the moment, and as I wrote this also should help - but I need all help at the moment :)

Last night was the night. I dedicated my time on the range to finally getting the ball up in the air using this club. I tried every different swing path and this and that. I finally found the "feeling" of hitting the ball correctly. I started grooving balls with the Tour Striker the last half of my range time. Talk about an awesome feeling. I broke 90 for the first time today; after only 3 times scoring in the 90s. Now I just have to make it second nature...

[quote name='Cmartingolf' date='31 May 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1275368241' post='2479460']

[quote name='Sneil' date='31 May 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1275334713' post='2478221']
Yea, the Pure Ball Striker was kind of a dud for me. Maybe you need to be a little more of an advanced golfer to take real advantage of it, but I just found it very distracting in my swing...
[/quote]
It's a feedback tool. I'm sure if I had five minutes with you, you'd see the merit.
[/quote]
Yea Im sure it would, too bad I don't have someone to do that for me. I guess I should try practicing with it more and figure out how to read the feedback. After all I am just an amateur...:secret:
Wasn't trying to dis the product or anything

[quote name='hammerheel' date='01 June 2010 - 11:13 AM' timestamp='1275416020' post='2480265']
Last night was the night. I dedicated my time on the range to finally getting the ball up in the air using this club. I tried every different swing path and this and that. I finally found the "feeling" of hitting the ball correctly. I started grooving balls with the Tour Striker the last half of my range time. Talk about an awesome feeling. I broke 90 for the first time today; after only 3 times scoring in the 90s. Now I just have to make it second nature...
[/quote]

Hammer, you made my day. Thanks for the post.

[quote name='rossonero' date='02 June 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1275463006' post='2481656']
I don´t know if it´s me, but is there any explanation that I hit about 10 yards longer with the tour striker pro 7 iron than my nomal 7 iron ?. Is it something to do with the weight on tour striker or is it just because I swing different with this wonder tool :)
[/quote]

I hear you. The TS doesn't have any mass trying to get the ball up in the air. The CG is higher than your 7 iron because it is a training club. The only reason we have a cavity is to get some of the weight "OUT"from behind the center. It is bizarre how much farther equally well struct shots fly.

[quote name='Sneil' date='01 June 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1275438140' post='2481000']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' date='31 May 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1275368241' post='2479460']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yea Im sure it would, too bad I don't have someone to do that for me. I guess I should try practicing with it more and figure out how to read the feedback. After all I am just an amateur...:secret:
Wasn't trying to dis the product or anything
[/quote]

I hear ya. It's frustrating when you can't get the benefit out of something. Send Jeff a note, he's a great guy and he'll walk you through it.

i got my wedge and proX yesterday. very quick shipping, i guess one of the benefits of living in southern california where they distribute it.
i only hit a few foam balls into the net, was a little disappointed that i caught all 3 balls with the wedge in the center and the ball went high and straight. I then tried the ProX and caught a few on the toe but close to the hitting area. I'm using a softer turf so I think i need to try and use a harder mat, that may help. I'll try again tonight. I'm afraid to hit a real ball with it indoors.

[u]Update[/u]
Pulled out an older and firmer mat and was able to hit about 20 balls. It's freaky how much higher ballspeed I can hit this club (110mph) as compared to my own (104mph), both at about 4500rpm at 16 degrees. I think it's a great tool to warm up and practice with. I'll have to try the wedge around a green this week.
So far I'm glad I went with the ProX.

[quote name='chipper3344' date='02 June 2010 - 06:46 AM' timestamp='1275486392' post='2481875']
I'm looking at getting the wedge for my father who flips at a lot of his chips. Would this work for him or is it meant mainly for pitches and longer shots?
[/quote]

IMO, it is not great for soft chips.

Soft chips have some "educated throwaway" to deflect a bit of the strike.

The wedge will help someone understand chipping, but the balls will travel 5 plus yards when struck with a full lever.

hi martin. i was among your earliest orders for a tour striker. i don't remember the exact date, but it's been quite a while. i think it was your wife who took my call. we had a nice conversation......she told me you had pretty much gone "all in" on the success of this product, and her fingers were crossed. well, i just saw your informercial on the golf channel with gary mccord. i'm guessing things are turning out like you hoped. congrats!

[quote name='ktbfsu' date='03 June 2010 - 04:18 AM' timestamp='1275563928' post='2483852']
hi martin. i was among your earliest orders for a tour striker. i don't remember the exact date, but it's been quite a while. i think it was your wife who took my call. we had a nice conversation......she told me you had pretty much gone "all in" on the success of this product, and her fingers were crossed. well, i just saw your informercial on the golf channel with gary mccord. i'm guessing things are turning out like you hoped. congrats!
[/quote]

Funny, "all in" is a good expression for it. I can't say enough about McCord. He was absolutely great. He got his hands on a TSP right when they came out and was a fan right away. He has a TSPX now. He's a really good ball striker. It has been a learning curve that's for sure and I owe a lot to my wife for constantly kicking me in the a** to get it done:) We had to move away from the Mom and Pop shop with two kids under three. We couldn't do it. My arrangement with The Golf Agency has been great. The guys are "stand up" and know golf products. I've been fortunate and the show seems to be well received.

I appreciate your support and thanks for the note.

Martin

Martin,
I must say thanks to the NJ heat and my central air being broke. I went into the bedroom on Saturday with the window AC unit and put on the Golf Channel. I usually don't leave it on for the infomercials, but yours was on. I somehow left it on and I'm glad I did.

Today I placed my order after reading tons of reviews on the TS Pro.

I have always hit down on the ball with a steep angle and have taken "Pork Chops" or Tupees as divots. But I was always an above average ball striker that couldn't putt. Now as I've gotten older and bought a house and such I don't have the practice time to put in. I've grooved my swing into a little more rounded off and now lost that hitting down on the ball. I still do it but not what I should do. I get real handsy and usually release too early and keep my hands behind the ball.

So I'm hoping this should straighten me out.

I'll post a review once I get it in my hands and get to tear up my yard a little more. Can't wait to go take divots in the yard I spent $2k+ last year for grass, lol.

-Joe

Oh man - think tour striker pro makes me crazy. First day at the range was few good shots - 2nd day was much better and hit a lot of good shots also from gras. Than today I thought I would have the driver license for this tool - but no way. From grass I simply managed to hit a nearly whole bucket of balls just few inches above the ground and if I where lucky maybe one could get 5 yards up.

I have to make a record of my swing. I feel a lot has changed, but as always in golf what you think and would you actually do is a huge difference.

[quote name='Joeypole' date='03 June 2010 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1275583464' post='2484280']
Martin,
I must say thanks to the NJ heat and my central air being broke. I went into the bedroom on Saturday with the window AC unit and put on the Golf Channel. I usually don't leave it on for the infomercials, but yours was on. I somehow left it on and I'm glad I did.

Today I placed my order after reading tons of reviews on the TS Pro.

I have always hit down on the ball with a steep angle and have taken "Pork Chops" or Tupees as divots. But I was always an above average ball striker that couldn't putt. Now as I've gotten older and bought a house and such I don't have the practice time to put in. I've grooved my swing into a little more rounded off and now lost that hitting down on the ball. I still do it but not what I should do. I get real handsy and usually release too early and keep my hands behind the ball.

So I'm hoping this should straighten me out.

I'll post a review once I get it in my hands and get to tear up my yard a little more. Can't wait to go take divots in the yard I spent $2k+ last year for grass, lol.

-Joe
[/quote]

By the look of your Avatar, you don't want any pee spots in your yard. Don't take too big of a divot! Good luck with your game and thanks for your support.

[quote name='rossonero' date='03 June 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1275589875' post='2484484']
Oh man - think tour striker pro makes me crazy. First day at the range was few good shots - 2nd day was much better and hit a lot of good shots also from gras. Than today I thought I would have the driver license for this tool - but no way. From grass I simply managed to hit a nearly whole bucket of balls just few inches above the ground and if I where lucky maybe one could get 5 yards up.

I have to make a record of my swing. I feel a lot has changed, but as always in golf what you think and would you actually do is a huge difference.
[/quote]

You know, some days are better than others. Keep up the effort. It will pay off. I still go back to the TS and hit it when things get a little off and I've had it for three years...

When I pick it up, I expect to flush it. When I don't, it makes me realize just how fickle this goofy game can be. Then I focus on my sequence, pay a bit more attention to impact alignments and voila.

I can't believe I haven't read this thread until today. Such a simple concept but it's perfect.

Question for Martin:

I'm a fellow Professional out in the Colorado section, and I'm debating which one to order. I play or practice a max of two or three times a week anymore. I would consider myself a good enough ball striker for the pro x, I just don't want it to kill my confidence if I'm having an off day. Thoughts?

Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xcon-6 X
Taylormade r7 TP 15* HD7 X
Taylormade Rescue TP 19* Altus X
Cleveland CG16 Tour T-Stamp 3-PW S300
Cleveland CG16 RTG 52* & 58* S400
Yes! Ann 34"

[quote name='jmittens24' date='04 June 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1275690203' post='2486815']
I can't believe I haven't read this thread until today. Such a simple concept but it's perfect.

Question for Martin:

I'm a fellow Professional out in the Colorado section, and I'm debating which one to order. I play or practice a max of two or three times a week anymore. I would consider myself a good enough ball striker for the pro x, I just don't want it to kill my confidence if I'm having an off day. Thoughts?
[/quote]

The Pro X is all you. You'll be fine. Same leading edge as the TS Pro, just a smaller sweet spot.

Cheers,

Martin