Tour Striker

filthee

[quote name='mukster' date='05 July 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1278393718' post='2556914']
I purchased the TS Pro a while ago. I have a good enough swing, hit my driver a ton, but my iron play was inconsistent due to scooping. I took this to the range after watching the DVD and found that I had no problem whatsoever getting the ball into the air. In fact , the 8 iron was going as far as my regular 7 iron (160 yards). Great looking club, very well manufactured. I was hitting the ball very solidly.

Now for the kicker; when I finally got out to start playing, I found that I had developed a fat shot with all my irons, including my wedges. It has been a tough grind to try and change this. I was wondering, has anyone else developed this after using a TS Pro, or this possibly something altogether unrelated? :beruo:

FTR , my current index is a 12.

Thanks for any ideas.
[/quote]

Mukster, this is a normal progression for someone that flattens their right wrist and picks the ball.

Here's why:

-Most pickers deliver too flat of a right wrist to impact (and corresponding left wrist) to the ball and avoid the ground altogether.
-The TS allows (with forethought) for you to land behind the ball and still hit a shot. The club will skid.
- I want people to be comfortable hitting the ground. I didn't want the ground to be a deterrent.
- If you have normal wrists, it doesn't hurt to hit the ground with a FLW and bent right wrist. It's jarring if your right wrist is flat.
- You sound like you have hit a bunch of "successful" fat shots; decent alignments that land a wee bit early.
- Commit to hitting the ground with the TS, but attempt to creep up the low point to where you can hit the ball a fraction before the flange hits the ground.
- Of course, your goal is to get the leading edge as close to the ground as you can (which is really only a couple of degrees from a normal ball position).

Cheers,

Martin

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='02bluesuperroo' date='06 July 2010 - 07:12 AM' timestamp='1278425543' post='2557241']
I ordered a TS Pro last week. It took several days for it to be shipped (3) which sounded out of the norm but I can't wait to get it.
[/quote]

Sorry about that! The fulfillment team has been overwhelmed. The good and bad; the club is selling well, but getting them out the door has required additional resources. Thanks for the order. Keep me posted on your progress.

-Martin

[quote name='02bluesuperroo' date='06 July 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1278425543' post='2557241']
I ordered a TS Pro last week. It took several days for it to be shipped (3) which sounded out of the norm but I can't wait to get it.
[/quote]

Shipping could have been due to the Holiday weekend. that is what I ordered mine last night. was thinking nobody would be around to pull the order Sat - Monday. from the reviews here , it will be worth the wait.

[quote name='ironmikes' date='06 July 2010 - 04:53 AM' timestamp='1278417218' post='2557083']
Well I bit the bullet and ordered my tour striker pro last night. the weak part of my game has been my irons for the last 2 or 3 years. I can have some rounds where I really hit the irons well but then the next 3 or 4 times out not so good. one thing that I have noticed is that my bad shots are thin with very little divot. thinking this tool will help me ingrain the hitting down motion that seems to be leaving me at times. started playing golf in my late twenties and my iron game and putting came natural to me. figured once I had the driver down I would be gold. driver has been good for the last 3 or 4 years but it is frustrating to hit so may fairways but not many gir. I even tried the S&T tilt swing for the last two years and it would work well at times but still not where I used to be. I am a feel player who has lost his feel . anyway I should be the perfect tester for this tool. my miss tends to be short right with a high ballflight. my contact on my iron is in the center more often than not . what kills me is the shorter irons as I used to be very good from 150 and in. would make sure my miss would be in the correct part of the green. to me I feel that I am spinning out with my left hip and not hitting into a firm left side. figure if I can get to hitting down and through on all of my iron shots I should come more from the inside and the left leg will firm up some. do you have any drills to help with the spin out , before I get my new tour striker pro ?been tough for me to be able to hit the driver down the middle and not be able to hit the green from under 100 yards or leave my self a 100 foot put for birdie LOL ! been staying positive in that my short game has gotten better around the greens as I have been forced to make some up and downs from some very bad spots.the thing that really sucks is the guy I would go to for a lesson once a year now only teaches the S&T .
[/quote]

Mike, you sound like the guy I played with yesterday. Low handicapper (scratch-ish), skilled player, fine driver, below average iron player. He miss hit a bunch of iron from dead center in the fairway. In fact, if I could drive it as straight as him, I would quit my day job and try and play again.

He was a strong guy who had a weak left hand. That alignment worked fine on a teed ball, but he couldn't compress irons off the really tight fairway lies at Tetherow. There were a lot of blade-y week misses, mostly right.

He asked me what I thought and I deferred to post round comment. I was giving him 2 and 2 and we had a Nassau, so I didn't want to influence his game either way:) After the round, I told him he had a GREAT swing, but his iron alignments didn't work because he had to accommodate for an open face with a little "hand save." We worked on this drill: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABj6x7J--uk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABj6x7J--uk[/url] and it sorted him out rather quickly...

Cheers,

MC

[quote name='Cmartingolf' date='06 July 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1278427665' post='2557302']
[quote name='ironmikes' date='06 July 2010 - 04:53 AM' timestamp='1278417218' post='2557083']
Well I bit the bullet and ordered my tour striker pro last night. the weak part of my game has been my irons for the last 2 or 3 years. I can have some rounds where I really hit the irons well but then the next 3 or 4 times out not so good. one thing that I have noticed is that my bad shots are thin with very little divot. thinking this tool will help me ingrain the hitting down motion that seems to be leaving me at times. started playing golf in my late twenties and my iron game and putting came natural to me. figured once I had the driver down I would be gold. driver has been good for the last 3 or 4 years but it is frustrating to hit so may fairways but not many gir. I even tried the S&T tilt swing for the last two years and it would work well at times but still not where I used to be. I am a feel player who has lost his feel . anyway I should be the perfect tester for this tool. my miss tends to be short right with a high ballflight. my contact on my iron is in the center more often than not . what kills me is the shorter irons as I used to be very good from 150 and in. would make sure my miss would be in the correct part of the green. to me I feel that I am spinning out with my left hip and not hitting into a firm left side. figure if I can get to hitting down and through on all of my iron shots I should come more from the inside and the left leg will firm up some. do you have any drills to help with the spin out , before I get my new tour striker pro ?been tough for me to be able to hit the driver down the middle and not be able to hit the green from under 100 yards or leave my self a 100 foot put for birdie LOL ! been staying positive in that my short game has gotten better around the greens as I have been forced to make some up and downs from some very bad spots.the thing that really sucks is the guy I would go to for a lesson once a year now only teaches the S&T .
[/quote]

Mike, you sound like the guy I played with yesterday. Low handicapper (scratch-ish), skilled player, fine driver, below average iron player. He miss hit a bunch of iron from dead center in the fairway. In fact, if I could drive it as straight as him, I would quit my day job and try and play again.

He was a strong guy who had a weak left hand. That alignment worked fine on a teed ball, but he couldn't compress irons off the really tight fairway lies at Tetherow. There were a lot of blade-y week misses, mostly right.

He asked me what I thought and I deferred to post round comment. I was giving him 2 and 2 and we had a Nassau, so I didn't want to influence his game either way:) After the round, I told him he had a GREAT swing, but his iron alignments didn't work because he had to accommodate for an open face with a little "hand save." We worked on this drill: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABj6x7J--uk"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ABj6x7J--uk[/url] and it sorted him out rather quickly...

Cheers,

MC

[/quote]

Thank you for your time and the video. I will check it out after I get home from work today. was nice of you to finish your round before trying to help your playing partner , so the match was fair and square. have watched a few of your videos and they all made sense to me. this guy does sound like me as the driver behaves well and actually listens to me LOL ! have been hitting a few good iron shots the last couple of rounds and would like to make that more the norm that is has been lately. the good shots had divot in front of the ball so I know the old iron swing is still there somewhere . I feel with the help of your training aid and watching your teachings I can make them irons perform like they are suppose to :yahoo:

So, I had this kind of day today:

[quote name='bortass' date='03 July 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1278166252' post='2552673']
Day 2 with the TS wedge was alot harder then day 1. I found the most bare lie I could which was an area on the range that people had removed all the grass from. This will really take some work. I find that my low point changes, which makes sense based on my skill level. My better shots has my divot starting about in the middle of my stance where the ball is, so I'm slightly fat. Sometimes I start my divot just a bit in front of my right, aka rear, foot, so those are super fat. The best shots are those real rare ones where I do everything correctly and my divot is forward.

Gotta figure out how to get that forward divot....
[/quote]

Which turned into this:

[quote name='20something' date='21 June 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1277127622' post='2523097']
For everyone who bought the Tour Striker, did you get to the range with it and get so frustrated with it that you wanted to toss it?

I can just see me not being able to hit it and getting frustrated and throwing it in the trash. Right now I'm in a bad place and can't hit anything. Not sure I need more aggravation.
[/quote]

Don't think I hit one decent TS shot today. I know hitting a golf ball isn't easy but I shouldn't feel totally exhausted after a bucket of balls. I believe its a lost cause......

[quote name='ironmikes' date='06 July 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1278427225' post='2557289']
[quote name='02bluesuperroo' date='06 July 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1278425543' post='2557241']
[/quote]

Shipping could have been due to the Holiday weekend. that is what I ordered mine last night. was thinking nobody would be around to pull the order Sat - Monday. from the reviews here , it will be worth the wait.
[/quote]

Thanks but I ordered last week Tuesday and it didn't ship until Friday but with the infomercials and the great feedback on this form I can see it being tough to keep things going when you're still a growing operation.

The great news is that my club arrived to WI today so that was still fast shipping indeed and I got to take it out to the range for a long session tonight. I threw a new grip on it right away (to match my set) and headed out.

I am a 14 'cap so nothing special although I do a decent job of hitting down on the ball and I have been working on holding my hinge with my swing coach. I started out on some mats that were in pretty bad condition. The first shot I hit didn't get more than a few feet off the ground (neither did the 3 pitches I hit in my backyard beforehand :rolleyes:). My second shot was about 15 feet off the ground and went a mile. My third shot flew like a normal 7 iron with a little draw. I hit several more, hitting about 1 out of every 3 decent and the rest were much lower but not worm burners.

I then moved down to the grass teas and I hit a few more with the club before grabbing my regular 7 iron. When I concentrated on hitting down on the ball is when I hit my best shots. So although I thought I was hitting down a lot before, I actually needed to concentrate on that more than my hinge. My shots with my regular irons were flying great with penetrating flight and going my average distance or a little over. I kept switching back and forth between different regular clubs and the Tour Striker. I would use the Striker when I hit a poor shot with a regular club.

I had a very good range session and I loved the feedback I was getting from the Tour Striker. The shots I hit bad with it felt like bad swings and the best shots I hit with it felt like my best swings. I also hit all my clubs overall a little better than usual. I'm not going to claim that was a result of the TS after just one range session, but I'll definitely continue to use it at every session for the foreseeable future. The best part is it feels like a club I can continue to use day after day with every range session without outgrowing it or wearing it out (as its well built).

Thanks for the great product Martin, can't wait to check out the DVD. Maybe I'll have to pick up a wedge too... why I should get a wedge when I already have the TS pro?

[quote name='20something' date='06 July 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1278455968' post='2558294']

[quote name='bortass' date='03 July 2010 - 10:10 AM' timestamp='1278166252' post='2552673']
Day 2 with the TS wedge was alot harder then day 1. I found the most bare lie I could which was an area on the range that people had removed all the grass from. This will really take some work. I find that my low point changes, which makes sense based on my skill level. My better shots has my divot starting about in the middle of my stance where the ball is, so I'm slightly fat. Sometimes I start my divot just a bit in front of my right, aka rear, foot, so those are super fat. The best shots are those real rare ones where I do everything correctly and my divot is forward.

[/quote]

Which turned into this:

[quote name='20something' date='21 June 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1277127622' post='2523097']
For everyone who bought the Tour Striker, did you get to the range with it and get so frustrated with it that you wanted to toss it?

I can just see me not being able to hit it and getting frustrated and throwing it in the trash. Right now I'm in a bad place and can't hit anything. Not sure I need more aggravation.
[/quote]

Don't think I hit one decent TS shot today. I know hitting a golf ball isn't easy but I shouldn't feel totally exhausted after a bucket of balls. I believe its a lost cause......
[/quote]

I feel your pain...

I'm assuming you've watched the Wedge video I posted on YouTube?? If not, here it is...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb2qyXNxICI[/media]

My old coach was George Knudson. He was one of the best strikers ever. Man, could he hit it. I wanted to vomit when he made stuff look sooooo easy and said, "here, just do this..."

20, you CAN do this... start slow, as shown in the video and you'll start having success.

Cheers,

Martin

[quote name='02bluesuperroo' date='06 July 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1278466425' post='2558650']
[quote name='ironmikes' date='06 July 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1278427225' post='2557289']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks but I ordered last week Tuesday and it didn't ship until Friday but with the infomercials and the great feedback on this form I can see it being tough to keep things going when you're still a growing operation.

The great news is that my club arrived to WI today so that was still fast shipping indeed and I got to take it out to the range for a long session tonight. I threw a new grip on it right away (to match my set) and headed out.

I am a 14 'cap so nothing special although I do a decent job of hitting down on the ball and I have been working on holding my hinge with my swing coach. I started out on some mats that were in pretty bad condition. The first shot I hit didn't get more than a few feet off the ground (neither did the 3 pitches I hit in my backyard beforehand :rolleyes:). My second shot was about 15 feet off the ground and went a mile. My third shot flew like a normal 7 iron with a little draw. I hit several more, hitting about 1 out of every 3 decent and the rest were much lower but not worm burners.

I then moved down to the grass teas and I hit a few more with the club before grabbing my regular 7 iron. When I concentrated on hitting down on the ball is when I hit my best shots. So although I thought I was hitting down a lot before, I actually needed to concentrate on that more than my hinge. My shots with my regular irons were flying great with penetrating flight and going my average distance or a little over. I kept switching back and forth between different regular clubs and the Tour Striker. I would use the Striker when I hit a poor shot with a regular club.

I had a very good range session and I loved the feedback I was getting from the Tour Striker. The shots I hit bad with it felt like bad swings and the best shots I hit with it felt like my best swings. I also hit all my clubs overall a little better than usual. I'm not going to claim that was a result of the TS after just one range session, but I'll definitely continue to use it at every session for the foreseeable future. The best part is it feels like a club I can continue to use day after day with every range session without outgrowing it or wearing it out (as its well built).

Thanks for the great product Martin, can't wait to check out the DVD. Maybe I'll have to pick up a wedge too... why I should get a wedge when I already have the TS pro?
[/quote]

That sounds like a nice first day! Take it slow and try and soak in the feelings. I like the fact you keep alternating to adapt to the feel.

Good luck and thank you,

Martin

[quote name='20something' date='06 July 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1278455968' post='2558294']

[/quote]

Which turned into this:

[/quote]

[/quote]

20something,

I am not a golf instructor or pro but I will tell you that when your game goes south it will test you like you would not believe. my brother says I have the patience of a rock ( guess that is a good thing LOL ) but even I have had days where you get frustrated and disgusted. know you have heard this advice but you need to keep your chin up and take little baby steps in getting your swing back. if somebody would have told me that I would be working hard to find my iron swing, I would have bet the house that they were wrong.the good news is that I have seen a lot of progress in my short game because I end up in places where I have not been . I do remember soembody asking Tiger why his short game was so good and he said he said that when you end up in places where nobody else does you are forced to develop a great short game. so guess my point is to keep plugging away and you will see some results but it will take a little time. wish were closer as if we played together I am sure I could help you relax and enjoy the game a little more.

I just wanted to chime in here and let Martin know I really enjoy his Tour Striker (I got the original version). I have probably gone 3 times to the range with the club and have really improved my impact condition as a result of it. The thing I was surprised it taught me how to use properly was my lower body. I quickly realized that while I had a good turn and weight shift in my swing (thanks to my local PGA pro who helped me build my swing). I really got my power from my arms. Using your towel drill (on DVD) and using the tour striker where I felt like I did not use my arms at all and swung with my lower body. I got noticably more predictable with the spot where the club hit the ground. After getting used to the new sensation and sequence I am getting the same or better distance with my irons and it feels effortless.

The club where this sensation has really helped me is the driver. I am getting better contact now than I ever got before and the ball is the best witness to it.

So thanks for a great training aid and really good DVD that explains how things work.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' date='06 July 2010 - 07:37 AM' timestamp='1278427051' post='2557282']
[quote name='mukster' date='05 July 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1278393718' post='2556914']
I purchased the TS Pro a while ago. I have a good enough swing, hit my driver a ton, but my iron play was inconsistent due to scooping. I took this to the range after watching the DVD and found that I had no problem whatsoever getting the ball into the air. In fact , the 8 iron was going as far as my regular 7 iron (160 yards). Great looking club, very well manufactured. I was hitting the ball very solidly.

Now for the kicker; when I finally got out to start playing, I found that I had developed a fat shot with all my irons, including my wedges. It has been a tough grind to try and change this. I was wondering, has anyone else developed this after using a TS Pro, or this possibly something altogether unrelated? :beruo:

FTR , my current index is a 12.

Thanks for any ideas.
[/quote]

Mukster, this is a normal progression for someone that flattens their right wrist and picks the ball.

Here's why:

-Most pickers deliver too flat of a right wrist to impact (and corresponding left wrist) to the ball and avoid the ground altogether.
-The TS allows (with forethought) for you to land behind the ball and still hit a shot. The club will skid.
- I want people to be comfortable hitting the ground. I didn't want the ground to be a deterrent.
- If you have normal wrists, it doesn't hurt to hit the ground with a FLW and bent right wrist. It's jarring if your right wrist is flat.
- You sound like you have hit a bunch of "successful" fat shots; decent alignments that land a wee bit early.
- Commit to hitting the ground with the TS, but attempt to creep up the low point to where you can hit the ball a fraction before the flange hits the ground.
- Of course, your goal is to get the leading edge as close to the ground as you can (which is really only a couple of degrees from a normal ball position).

Cheers,

Martin

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply and good advice.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

[quote name='ironmikes' date='07 July 2010 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1278512168' post='2559484']
[quote name='20something' date='06 July 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1278455968' post='2558294']

[/quote]

Which turned into this:

[/quote]

[/quote]

20something,

I am not a golf instructor or pro but I will tell you that when your game goes south it will test you like you would not believe. my brother says I have the patience of a rock ( guess that is a good thing LOL ) but even I have had days where you get frustrated and disgusted. know you have heard this advice but you need to keep your chin up and take little baby steps in getting your swing back. if somebody would have told me that I would be working hard to find my iron swing, I would have bet the house that they were wrong.the good news is that I have seen a lot of progress in my short game because I end up in places where I have not been . I do remember soembody asking Tiger why his short game was so good and he said he said that when you end up in places where nobody else does you are forced to develop a great short game. so guess my point is to keep plugging away and you will see some results but it will take a little time. wish were closer as if we played together I am sure I could help you relax and enjoy the game a little more.
[/quote]

Hey mikes,

Appreciate the encouragement. Its a tough time golf-wise, thats for sure.
Hopefully, I'll work through it.

Thanks.

[quote name='20something' date='07 July 2010 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1278520643' post='2559792']
[quote name='ironmikes' date='07 July 2010 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1278512168' post='2559484']

[/quote]

Which turned into this:

[/quote]

[/quote]

20something,

[/quote]

Hey mikes,

Appreciate the encouragement. Its a tough time golf-wise, thats for sure.
Hopefully, I'll work through it.

Thanks.
[/quote]

20something,

You are very welcome. golf is a great game and it can sure make you feel great when you hit that shot that turns out perfect. the game also makes us humble when we struggle. I have been where you are and know for a fact that you will get through this. just be patient and let it happen. it is funny how we all get in our own way at times and when you get through your issue you are asking yourself " why the heck did it take so long to figure this out " good luck , we are all pulling for you :clapping:

Gang, thanks for all the support.

While we have had some amazing customer service, [b][u]we've had some poor to very poor service as well.[/u][/b] My apologies as that is not my style at all. If any Wrx'ers need any help, send me a note with your name and contact info to [email protected] and I'll pass it along "on the inside" and get you straightened out asap.

Take care,

Martin

second range day with TSP. the first day was good. I tried 9 to 3 drill with TS wedge, then changed to TSP, and 9 to 3 drill, hit balls solid. then I tried full swing. ball went straight, and slight lower than my 7i, maybe due to stiff shaft vs regular shaft in my 7i. Today, I started with TSP first, used 9-3 drill. I didn't feel very comfortable of my swing today, none of shots were solid. Then I tried full swing, no runners, but pull, hook, slice... everywhere.. I think the reason is my arms are not as relax as last time. I can't feel the clubhead moving in downswing, I felt more arms swing today... this tool certainly tells me how solid I can hit with my irons.

[quote name='tdeutmeyer' date='07 July 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1278545396' post='2561055']
To those who have both, is it worth it to buy the wedge if you already have the TS Pro 7 iron? I'm wondering if I should get a 5 iron instead as I really struggle hitting long irons and have a better than avg wedge game. 3 hdp
[/quote]

I'm also wondering if it's worthwhile to get the wedge in addition to the TSP.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' date='07 July 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1278547562' post='2561140']
Gang, thanks for all the support.

While we have had some amazing customer service, [b][u][b][u]we've had some poor to very poor service as well[/u][/b].[/u][/b] My apologies as that is not my style at all. If any Wrx'ers need any help, send me a note with your name and contact info to [email protected] and I'll pass it along "on the inside" and get you straightened out asap.

Take care,

Martin
[/quote]

I was one of the very poor. I am not sure what originally happened, but I contacted Martin through here on Tuesday. My box was here on Thursday. Thanks, Martin!! You have a great product and I look forward to improving my game, as well as others, with the clubs!!

[quote name='freed0m' date='09 July 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1278727899' post='2566027']
Is the Tour Striker appropriate for all swing styles (i.e. Digger/Driver, Digger/Slider, Sweeper/Slider) or more beneficial for DS and DD only? TIA!

[/quote]

It will help those that don't lag the club and need some forward shaft lean regardless of which style. For those that already have decent alignments, the TSP X is a fun tool as the striking area is so tiny and will have you really focused on sweet spot control.

Cheers,

MC

Well I got my tour Striker on Thursday and hit the range on Friday with it. have to say that I am impressed with it. after only 3 swings I connected and hit a nice draw at my normal 7 iron distance. after hitting a couple of good ones I had my wife try it. I know the club was not set up for her as it is a little longer and the wrong flex shaft but I figured what the heck. let me give you a little background on my wife's golf game. . she hits the driver long and straight with a nice high draw , putts and chips well. where she has struggled for the last couple of years is her irons, she has lost at least one club distance wise and maybe two in the irons from just a couple of years ago ( when she was striking the ball well but her chipping putting held her from shooting lower scores ) she tends to sweep the ball or hit behind it with the irons , resulting in lost distance . I have had people tell her her swing looks like Michelle Wie with less power. we have tried a bunch of drills to get her to take divot after the ball and nothing has helped her feel the proper descending strike. well here goes nothing , my wife steps up with the tour striker and as I feared ( due to her casting issue ) hits 8 poor shots that were worm burners. she then stopped dead in the middle of her next swing and turned to me with a smile . I asked her what she was smiling about after hitting 8 bad ones in a row .... she said she figured out why she was sweeping instead of hitting down on it. she took 2 practice swings beside the ball to try her swing thought . the next swing was a thing of beauty as I heard ball first , divot and watched a nice draw come off the club. she proceeded to hit a few good ones ( 3 or 4 ) in a row. I told her to hit her own 6 iron ( which by the way she hates as it gives her the most trouble) she picks up her own 6 iron and hits a nice draw that looked perfect. I asked her on a scale of 1 to 10 what was that first swing ? .... she said a 15 LOL ! after 2 more 6 irons that had a nice draw she moved to her 8 iron and the shot pattern had the same nice high draw. she then hit more balls with the the tour striker hitting a few bad ones with some good ones ( after each one saying I know what I did wrong and hitting the next one fine ) I have to honestly say that may have been one of the best range sessions ever for her irons . the only complaint that I have is that I may now have to sneak my tour striker out of my wife's bag as it seems to have found a home there ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . sorry for the long post but I bought the tour striker hoping to get my iron game back and as it turns out it may have helped my wife out more than me. as I sat on the steel range bucket flipped upside down and watched her hit , I felt a sense of pride and well being. to end my review I do have to say that I hit my last 8 irons shots well , switching between my iron , 5 iron and gap wedge. my wife also hit her 6 iron ( after I convinced her to put the tour striker away ) to finish the range session hitting some nice iron shots. with continued practice with the tour striker to ingrain the proper feeling I would say that most golfers would benefit from this training aid. hope this review does not sound too over the top and full of you know what but this was our experience with the tour striker yesterday. to me it helps you feel the correct move into the ball and your body will figure out out how to get there. the dvd was clear and you broke down and demonstrated the segments of the swing and their order of importance. my bother lives near Seattle Washington, would love to hit you up for a lesson next time I am out that way. thank you again for making a tool that works , if you take the time and put some effort into it.

[quote name='ironmikes' date='10 July 2010 - 06:50 AM' timestamp='1278769853' post='2566659']
Well I got my tour Striker on Thursday and hit the range on Friday with it. have to say that I am impressed with it. after only 3 swings I connected and hit a nice draw at my normal 7 iron distance. after hitting a couple of good ones I had my wife try it. I know the club was not set up for her as it is a little longer and the wrong flex shaft but I figured what the heck. let me give you a little background on my wife's golf game. . she hits the driver long and straight with a nice high draw , putts and chips well. where she has struggled for the last couple of years is her irons, she has lost at least one club distance wise and maybe two in the irons from just a couple of years ago ( when she was striking the ball well but her chipping putting held her from shooting lower scores ) she tends to sweep the ball or hit behind it with the irons , resulting in lost distance . I have had people tell her her swing looks like Michelle Wie with less power. we have tried a bunch of drills to get her to take divot after the ball and nothing has helped her feel the proper descending strike. well here goes nothing , my wife steps up with the tour striker and as I feared ( due to her casting issue ) hits 8 poor shots that were worm burners. she then stopped dead in the middle of her next swing and turned to me with a smile . I asked her what she was smiling about after hitting 8 bad ones in a row .... she said she figured out why she was sweeping instead of hitting down on it. she took 2 practice swings beside the ball to try her swing thought . the next swing was a thing of beauty as I heard ball first , divot and watched a nice draw come off the club. she proceeded to hit a few good ones ( 3 or 4 ) in a row. I told her to hit her own 6 iron ( which by the way she hates as it gives her the most trouble) she picks up her own 6 iron and hits a nice draw that looked perfect. I asked her on a scale of 1 to 10 what was that first swing ? .... she said a 15 LOL ! after 2 more 6 irons that had a nice draw she moved to her 8 iron and the shot pattern had the same nice high draw. she then hit more balls with the the tour striker hitting a few bad ones with some good ones ( after each one saying I know what I did wrong and hitting the next one fine ) I have to honestly say that may have been one of the best range sessions ever for her irons . the only complaint that I have is that I may now have to sneak my tour striker out of my wife's bag as it seems to have found a home there ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . sorry for the long post but I bought the tour striker hoping to get my iron game back and as it turns out it may have helped my wife out more than me. as I sat on the steel range bucket flipped upside down and watched her hit , I felt a sense of pride and well being. to end my review I do have to say that I hit my last 8 irons shots well , switching between my iron , 5 iron and gap wedge. my wife also hit her 6 iron ( after I convinced her to put the tour striker away ) to finish the range session hitting some nice iron shots. with continued practice with the tour striker to ingrain the proper feeling I would say that most golfers would benefit from this training aid. hope this review does not sound too over the top and full of you know what but this was our experience with the tour striker yesterday. to me it helps you feel the correct move into the ball and your body will figure out out how to get there. the dvd was clear and you broke down and demonstrated the segments of the swing and their order of importance. my bother lives near Seattle Washington, would love to hit you up for a lesson next time I am out that way. thank you again for making a tool that works , if you take the time and put some effort into it.
[/quote]

That is AWESOME!!!! Thanks for sharing...

I've been working on my impact the last few weeks with the Tour Striker wedge, a lesson, and another aid. I now have a problem on the course...

I have no clue what my distances are anymore. I hit my PW on an approach and I was a little heavy. My ball went up in the air with a nice draw and landed in the back fringe 10 yards further then normal. A fe holes later I'm 150 out hitting straight into a real strong breeze. I grabbed my 150 club, 5i. I figured I'm hitting it well but the wind should keep me from going long. I made real good contact and my ball went 165 into the back fringe. I get to 9, a par 5 dogleg right. My tee shot is in the left rough, so I made the hole as long as possible. I hit my 7i and compressed it, 27 yards longer then normal. I'm sitting 155 from the front and the center is a bit over 170, forward flag. I grab my 6i, which was my 140 club, thinking that I'd land near the front and maybe roll on. I hit it perfectly and it was a nice draw that hit left of the green and rolled on, 171 yards... Yesterday, I sailed my PW way over the back of the green, 130, because of a strong tailwind. I also launched my 8i over another one because I made solid contact and it went 25 yards further then normal.

I like having this problem. I just need to groove my ipact alot better and I'll start shooting some real low scores.

I will say that my woods and driver are falling apart a bit. I used to hit then fairly good. My guess is I'm coming in a bit steeper with my irons and it's not translating well to the woods. Any thoughts on this?

two questions: 1, to keep the lag in downswing, should I have the feel in my right index finger in downswing as Jeff from PBS mentioned?
2, from youtube video, about impact drill. that's smilar to 9 to 3 drill. The clubhead should be released after impact using my right shoulder, right? (I shouldn't have the feeling I released with my hands after impact, right? the clubhead is closed by turning my shoulder after impact? )

James

[quote name='keble' date='10 July 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1278791826' post='2567206']
two questions: 1, to keep the lag in downswing, should I have the feel in my right index finger in downswing as Jeff from PBS mentioned?
2, from youtube video, about impact drill. that's smilar to 9 to 3 drill. The clubhead should be released after impact using my right shoulder, right? (I shouldn't have the feeling I released with my hands after impact, right? the clubhead is closed by turning my shoulder after impact? )

James

[/quote]

James, the mass of the club sets onto the base knuckle of the right index finger during transition. If you can relax and the club face isn't in a position the "makes you need to fix it" you can likely deliver that mass to an aiming point beyond the ball. Most Ams can't do that because they HAVE to fix the face somehow to make the ball go somewhat straight.

I'm not sure I've seen the 9 to 3 drill. I've seen a guy with a good action hit a bunch of pitch shots on Slice Fixer's thread, is that it?

The club isn't released with the right shoulder. The club head is released in a variety of ways. IMO, it's best when gravity determines that it seek an inline condition with the left arm. The right shoulder feel (very common) driving downward helps drive angles. Angles eventually are overcome by the mass at the end of the stick (club head) and release occurs.

The club face is "squared" by a variety of ways too. Ideally, it's a combination of pivot and forearm rotation.

I'm not sure those comments help?

[quote name='GolfinVan' date='10 July 2010 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1278811250' post='2567729']
I'm having trouble 'hitting with the pivot' instead of my arms. I saw a towel drill from MC somewhere, but can't find it now. Is this video still out there?
[/quote]

Go to www.tourstriker.com and watch the TS video in the Media section. I learned that as a kid and forgot about it until I saw Brian Manzella's Confessions of a Former Flipper video. That's a video that should be in everyone's collection. It's inexpensive and you can get it on his website.

[quote name='bortass' date='10 July 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1278825707' post='2568119']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' date='10 July 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1278778371' post='2566878']
Bort, what shot shape are your misses with the woods?
[/quote]

Popups and slices for the most part. The popups are most common and a fairly development.
[/quote]

Too steep!!!!! Wider stance, ball off the left instep, left ear to the right of the ball. Hit up a little.... Don't throw the club past your hands, but hit up.

You also want to check that clubface. Steep typically screams too open and you need to make an adjustment. You can get away with an open face with irons a lot more than a driver.