Tour Striker

filthee

Just picked up a 56* TS to go with my TS 8 iron. Links to videos for tips, routines etc... for the 56*?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1329026726' post='4265025']
[quote name='jgonz69' timestamp='1328501264' post='4221697']

Chuck,
What did you use to paint the line?
Gonna make a run to Home Depot in the morning, then to the course.
Thanks.
[/quote]

Turf marking paint...

You can also step on an alignment stick. I use the paint for the camera. The groove left by compressing an alignment stick into the ground works great and your Superintendant won't be pissed at you.
[/quote]

Chuck,
Thanks for the reply.

how important is it to get the tour striker with custom specs?

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

oh well, i just ordered the standard spec one from the tour striker website. hopefully it doesn't take long to get. i got the pro x model, so we'll see how it goes.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1329266367' post='4287303']
oh well, i just ordered the standard spec one from the tour striker website. hopefully it doesn't take long to get. i got the pro x model, so we'll see how it goes.
[/quote]

You might want to bump the lie a degree or two either way and if you are hercules you'll want to change the shaft. Otherwise it will be fine. Thanks for the support.

[b]Project Joey[/b]

Sorry for the no video first off. Sold my other 2 cameras and am looking at a better slo mo high speed camera so I can be all swing visioned up and what not. Casio FH-100 or the new Casio zr-200. Any way still hitting 200-300 or so balls 3 days a week. And as usual working solely on the reverse lag and one handed shots. Im gonna start calling the reverse casting the reverse lag. How do you like that. As of last night, the less I try the better my results, the looser or pardon the pun, sloppy Joeish I get, the more the ball goes boom. I literally ignore every instinct I have with my golf swing and do the opposite and it works. Kinda like George Castanza, but with golf. The looser I made my grip, the better, I have no idea why, but thats where Im at. Oh by the way Martin, ummm, what am I supposed to be working on? You mentioned sequencing from the ground up and spine tilt, but Im not really sure how Im supposed to get into that position. Granted, the videos you guys see of me may seem like the perfect superior golf gladiator specimen, however my hands are about as strong as my 7 year old nieces. Seriously, last year at rosh hashanah, she squezzed my hand, and made me give her my candy. I know its hard to put a number on grip pressure but if I had a 5 or 6 before, now Im at a 1-2 it feels. So, is it possible to have grip pressure thats too light?

[quote name='JoeCool73' timestamp='1329435035' post='4303401']
now Im at a 1-2 it feels. So, is it possible to have grip pressure thats too light?
[/quote]

In my experience no, unless the club goes flying downrange or you are holding it so light that the club head twists when you are hitting from rough. Keep in mind your 1-2 may be everyone elses 5-6. You have a pretty fast motor on your swing I would bet your pressure has the same type of limiter (i.e. none). The bottom line is that ANY small change to our swing will feel to us like a HUGE difference, however when we look at it on film it doesn't look different at all. So if you want to make big changes in your game you should expect for things to feel massively abnormal, because the stuff that feels normal clearly isn't getting it done.

P.S. love the George Costanza reference.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

[b]Project Joey[/b]

Sorry for the no video first off. Sold my other 2 cameras and am looking at a better slo mo high speed camera so I can be all swing visioned up and what not. Casio FH-100 or the new Casio zr-200. Any way still hitting 200-300 or so balls 3 days a week. And as usual working solely on the reverse lag and one handed shots. Im gonna start calling the reverse casting the reverse lag. How do you like that. As of last night, the less I try the better my results, the looser or pardon the pun, sloppy Joeish I get, the more the ball goes boom. I literally ignore every instinct I have with my golf swing and do the opposite and it works. Kinda like George Castanza, but with golf. The looser I made my grip, the better, I have no idea why, but thats where Im at. Oh by the way Martin, ummm, what am I supposed to be working on? You mentioned sequencing from the ground up and spine tilt, but Im not really sure how Im supposed to get into that position. Granted, the videos you guys see of me may seem like the perfect superior golf gladiator specimen, however my hands are about as strong as my 7 year old nieces. Seriously, last year at rosh hashanah, she squezzed my hand, and made me give her my candy. I know its hard to put a number on grip pressure but if I had a 5 or 6 before, now Im at a 1-2 it feels. So, is it possible to have grip pressure thats too light?
[/quote]

Grip strength is relative...you seem like a strong guy with strong hands. Your "1-2" is another persons "5-6." Glad you are starting to sort this out. The video below is where I want you go start working toward. We need to get your hips working properly so you can have some axis tilt like this GolfWrx guy.

[quote name='Rohlio' timestamp='1329534305' post='4313417']
now Im at a 1-2 it feels. So, is it possible to have grip pressure thats too light?
[/quote]

In my experience no, unless the club goes flying downrange or you are holding it so light that the club head twists when you are hitting from rough. Keep in mind your 1-2 may be everyone elses 5-6. You have a pretty fast motor on your swing I would bet your pressure has the same type of limiter (i.e. none). The bottom line is that ANY small change to our swing will feel to us like a HUGE difference, however when we look at it on film it doesn't look different at all. So if you want to make big changes in your game you should expect for things to feel massively abnormal, because the stuff that feels normal clearly isn't getting it done.

P.S. love the George Costanza reference.
[/quote]

Agreed!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx40TGJhLiM[/media]

Mine just arrived in the mail today. looking forward to trying it. I'll let you know how it goes.

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

I have a regular 8 that I like, but I think it's easy to cheat with off matts (or I'm good blind.gif). I ordered a 7 Pro off the website last week to see what happens. FedEx shipping has been brutally slow. 2 weeks to go from NC to Houston??? It's in Dallas right now (3 hours away) and FedEx tracking is telling me it won't be here till the 27th! REALLY??? That's almost a week. Not the fault of TS, but I would choose another courier or shipping option next time. I chose the cheap FedEx option.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1329884897' post='4347641']
Grip strength is relative...you seem like a strong guy with strong hands. Your "1-2" is another persons "5-6." Glad you are starting to sort this out. The video below is where I want you go start working toward. We need to get your hips working properly so you can have some axis tilt like this GolfWrx guy.

[/quote]

[size="3"]Hey guys,

I'm the GolfWrx'er that Martin is referring to. While I'm not a regular poster, I am a high-cap "ho" at heart and read the equipment and instruction forums almost daily. BTW, I've been playing golf for about 4 years and shoot 105-110, with my main problem areas being fairways and GIR.[/size]

[size="3"][/size]

[size="3"]Like many of you here, I've seen a few of Martin's videos for TS and project Joey. I liked Martin's communication style and felt that I can really understand his presentation of the concepts and drills. With that in mind, I planned to spend a vacation day under his instruction on my next trip to PHX for work.[/size]

[size="3"][/size]

[size="3"]I had my day with Cmartin on Tuesday and wanted to say that it was exactly what I was looking for and Martin met all of my expectations. Martin, in person, is everything you would imagine from his videos and posts. He was professional, patient, positive, knowledgeable, a great communicator and passionate about teaching the game. While the main goal was to work on my ballstriking, Martin provided "break" opportunities so we can step away from the drills and work on other items such as bunker play, short game and putting. These breaks really helped me stay refreshed and re-focused on my main agenda. I had a bit of a lull after lunch, probably due to the break, but Martin was very patient and made the necessary adjustments to get me back on track. The highlight of my day was hitting my SW with freakish consistency to the practice green from 90 yards out. I think Martin thought I was joking when I said that "this is the most greens I've hit all year", but I really meant it. The icing on the cake was moving up to the 75 yard marker and doing the same thing a few minutes later.[/size]

[size="3"][/size]

[size="3"]I left our sessions with swing clips, video tips from Martin, voice over analysis and the supreme confidence that I'm on the right track in my development to be a decent golfer. I highly recommend Martin Chuck to anyone that is seeking personalized instruction with an instructor that is passionate about the game and teaching it.[/size]

[size="3"][/size]

[size="3"]Please PM me if you have any additional questions on my day with Martin.[/size]

I work in a golf shop and we ordered a few for the store, but kept the pro one for our own demo use. I've never had much of a problem hitting down on the ball, but it definitely did bring my trajectory on my iron shots down which is a big plus for me. Overall, a great training aid regular or pro version. [quote name='filthee' timestamp='1265510860' post='2233156']
Mine came in the mail today (fast!).

I took it out to the range today for a test spin.

I'm a terrible ball striker and consistently hit waaay behind the ball.

It took me a few (chipping) swings to 'get it' but it started to sink it pretty quickly. The feeling compared to my typical flip move was obviously different.

The ball flight was very low. Maybe waist high and about 30 yards. But that's because I'm not able to get the center of the club face directly on the ball yet. I was hitting towards the bottom of the face.

But I'm happy because my impact was coming down right on the ball rather than 4 inches in front of it. This is a new feeling for me and it feels 'right'.

So I think if I continue to practice I'll be able to strike the ball with the middle of the club face and get a higher ball trajectory *fingers crossed*.

I think it's been a good investment so far. :drinks:

Has anyone else tried it and if so, how long did it take you to hit it properly?
[/quote]

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1267385481' post='2283458']

The "Pro" version is the club that will really challenge golfers and the one I hope everyone buys. You see, I don't want people being able to cheat impact alignments, but I don't want people to absolutely hate the challenge and quit either.

So, if you are going to get a TS club, get the PRO and be patient. It's worth the effort.

Cheers,

Martin
[/quote]

I originally bought the 8 when the TS first came out. I like it and still use it. But you don't know if you're hitting it well because you're impact position is good, or if you're cheating it good. So even when you hit it well, there's still a question mark hanging over your head. For hight handicappers I think the 8 might be a good introduction to the TS.

I just bought the 7 Pro, I think that will leave little doubt.

[quote name='willchao' timestamp='1329974275' post='4356277']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1329884897' post='4347641']

[/quote]

[size="3"]Hey guys,

I'm the GolfWrx'er that Martin is referring to. While I'm not a regular poster, I am a high-cap "ho" at heart and read the equipment and instruction forums almost daily. BTW, I've been playing golf for about 4 years and shoot 105-110, with my main problem areas being fairways and GIR.[/size]

[size="3"][/size]

[size="3"]Like many of you here, I've seen a few of Martin's videos for TS and project Joey. I liked Martin's communication style and felt that I can really understand his presentation of the concepts and drills. With that in mind, I planned to spend a vacation day under his instruction on my next trip to PHX for work.[/size]

[size="3"][/size]

[size="3"]I had my day with Cmartin on Tuesday and wanted to say that it was exactly what I was looking for and Martin met all of my expectations. Martin, in person, is everything you would imagine from his videos and posts. He was professional, patient, positive, knowledgeable, a great communicator and passionate about teaching the game. While the main goal was to work on my ballstriking, Martin provided "break" opportunities so we can step away from the drills and work on other items such as bunker play, short game and putting. These breaks really helped me stay refreshed and re-focused on my main agenda. I had a bit of a lull after lunch, probably due to the break, but Martin was very patient and made the necessary adjustments to get me back on track. The highlight of my day was hitting my SW with freakish consistency to the practice green from 90 yards out. I think Martin thought I was joking when I said that "this is the most greens I've hit all year", but I really meant it. The icing on the cake was moving up to the 75 yard marker and doing the same thing a few minutes later.[/size]

[size="3"][/size]

[size="3"]I left our sessions with swing clips, video tips from Martin, voice over analysis and the supreme confidence that I'm on the right track in my development to be a decent golfer. I highly recommend Martin Chuck to anyone that is seeking personalized instruction with an instructor that is passionate about the game and teaching it.[/size]

[size="3"][/size]

[size="3"]Please PM me if you have any additional questions on my day with Martin.[/size]
[/quote]

Great read, thank you. The last time I saw my swing on video, it looked pretty much like your "before", which Martin posted.
I am so looking forward to April 10th to experience this myself.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

[quote name='avrag' timestamp='1330077306' post='4365251']<br />[quote name='willchao' timestamp='1329974275' post='4356277']<br />[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1329884897' post='4347641']<br />Grip strength is relative...you seem like a strong guy with strong hands. Your &quot;1-2&quot; is another persons &quot;5-6.&quot; Glad you are starting to sort this out. The video below is where I want you go start working toward. We need to get your hips working properly so you can have some axis tilt like this GolfWrx guy.<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br /><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">Hey guys,<br /><br />I'm the GolfWrx'er that Martin is referring to. While I'm not a regular poster, I am a high-cap &quot;ho&quot; at heart and read the equipment and instruction forums almost daily. BTW, I've been playing golf for about 4 years and shoot 105-110, with my main problem areas being fairways and GIR.</font></font><br /><br /><font face="Calibri"><font size="3"></font></font><br /><br /><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">Like many of you here, I've seen a few of Martin's videos for TS and project Joey. I liked Martin's communication style and felt that I can really understand his presentation of the concepts and drills. With that in mind, I planned to spend a vacation day under his instruction on my next trip to PHX for work.</font></font><br /><br /><font face="Calibri"><font size="3"></font></font><br /><br /><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">I had my day with Cmartin on Tuesday and wanted to say that it was exactly what I was looking for and Martin met all of my expectations. Martin, in person, is everything you would imagine from his videos and posts. He was professional, patient, positive, knowledgeable, a great communicator and passionate about teaching the game. While the main goal was to work on my ballstriking, Martin provided &quot;break&quot; opportunities so we can step away from the drills and work on other items such as bunker play, short game and putting. These breaks really helped me stay refreshed and re-focused on my main agenda. I had a bit of a lull after lunch, probably due to the break, but Martin was very patient and made the necessary adjustments to get me back on track. The highlight of my day was hitting my SW with freakish consistency to the practice green from 90 yards out. I think Martin thought I was joking when I said that &quot;this is the most greens I've hit all year&quot;, but I really meant it. The icing on the cake was moving up to the 75 yard marker and doing the same thing a few minutes later.</font></font><br /><br /><font face="Calibri"><font size="3"></font></font><br /><br /><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">I left our sessions with swing clips, video tips from Martin, voice over analysis and the supreme confidence that I'm on the right track in my development to be a decent golfer. I highly recommend Martin Chuck to anyone that is seeking personalized instruction with an instructor that is passionate about the game and teaching it.</font></font><br /><br /><font face="Calibri"><font size="3"></font></font><br /><br /><font size="3"><font face="Calibri">Please PM me if you have any additional questions on my day with Martin.</font></font><br />[/quote]<br /><br />Great read, thank you. The last time I saw my swing on video, it looked pretty much like your &quot;before&quot;, which Martin posted. <br />I am so looking forward to April 10th to experience this myself.<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />

You should have a great time. The weather was fantastic.

I had 4-years' of bad swings that I had to overcome. At 1st, my work with Martin "felt" strange, but then we stopped and looked at the video and I realized what felt strange looked really good. I was totally sold after that!

[quote name='oslv' timestamp='1330091028' post='4365687']
I wanted to know if the TS Educator has been taken off the market? It seemed like a good training aid. Is it still available and where? thanks.
[/quote]

It hasn't been released yet.

Martin said that it was due to be released on 22 Feb but there must be a delay on it.

Hopefully it will be released soon. It looks really good.

I got the tour striker 7x and I'd like some feedback on my results.

I hit most shots that flew straight and were clearly off the ground but at a lower trajectory then my normal 7 iron. I think I only hit like 2 tops with it. So not sure what those results mean. I did hit like 2 shots that were a more normal trajectory, but none of my shots were like my own 7 iron which i can hit very high. I put the ball way back in my stance and even try seriously chopping down on the ball covering it really really hard, and I still got this knock down type height on my shots. The only shots I got that went high I swing stupid easy. So I was also wondering if the shaft was too weak a flex, if that would skew my results. Good product!

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1330209142' post='4375901']
[b][u]The only shots I got that went high I swing stupid easy. [/u][/b]
[/quote]

Same for me. So I think that perhaps this is the way I should be swinging all the time.
In my case those high shots were also longer than my own normal 7-iron shots, which again tells me, that the way I swung then is the "correct" way.
Did you lose distance compared to your 7-iron on those high shots?

BTW:
Today was my first range session, in which the Pro 7 X really got to me. First time I used it when a strong wind was blowing (left to right, constantly pushing me in the back), and I had real trouble finding the middle of the face and many shots came off the edges of the hitting area, going left and right.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

[quote name='avrag' timestamp='1330209546' post='4375945']
[/quote]

Same for me. So I think that perhaps this is the way I should be swinging all the time.
In my case those high shots were also longer than my own normal 7-iron shots, which again tells me, that the way I swung then is the "correct" way.

BTW:
Today was my first range session, in which the Pro 7 X really got to me. First time I used it when a strong wind was blowing (left to right, constantly pushing me in the back), and I had real trouble finding the middle of the face and many shots came off the edges of the hitting area, going left and right.
[/quote]

Yeah, i hit the "easy shots" a good distance, but not as far as I can hit it with normal 7. The club is a great tool for training, and it helps me with 2 issues for me which is my tendency to heel shots, as well as enhance my ability to cover the ball at impact, so this is just the tops. I was a little disappointment that I didn't get much positive feedback from the club (like a normal looking 7 Iron trajectory). I thought to myself, I hope the 7x wasn't too extreme. Just tons of super hot knock down type shots. Nothing real real bad, but just nothing like a normal 7 iron. Actually, one ball that I pulled pretty bad, actually had a decent trajectory, but my straight balls were lower then normal. By the way, this club seems to go forever...

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

[b]Project Joey[/b]

Im using my smartphone for these whilst I still wait for another camera. These videos you are about to see are going to take you on an unbelievable journey. Here are 3 videos from yesterday. These are the worst of the worst. Im having a hard time keeping my head still. Using martins shoebox drill for better perception. I kept my eyeball sockets firmly glued on uncle cracker and still manages to bobble my bulbous head around like a buoy out in the ocean. I cant [u]stress [/u]enough how hard it is for me to not sway forward and keep myself behind the ball at impact. I watched Martins video of the gentleman that was working on this very thing. Cant seem to incorporate it into my swing. My head goes down and up and left to right at impact. Thats talent. Enjoy. Also,I took all the lessons from me and Martin and stuck them together on one page for your viewing enjoyment at [url="http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejoeea/"]http://home.comcast.net/~joeea/[/url] . Dont get too excited, I just threw them up on my ISP Comcast account. The site looks like a 5th grader did it but it works. Oh, your welcome.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgI8rx9r6So[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnZAnQCpjq0[/media]

[quote name='oslv' timestamp='1330091028' post='4365687']
I wanted to know if the TS Educator has been taken off the market? It seemed like a good training aid. Is it still available and where? thanks.
[/quote]

It hasn't HIT the market yet. It will soon. Delays, delays, delays:) Shouldn't be too much longer. I had some for the PGA Show that were flown in from China. The rest (no joke) were on the slow boat.

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1330225556' post='4377379']
[quote name='avrag' timestamp='1330209546' post='4375945']
[/quote]

BTW:
[/quote]

Yeah, i hit the "easy shots" a good distance, but not as far as I can hit it with normal 7. The club is a great tool for training, and it helps me with 2 issues for me which is my tendency to heel shots, as well as enhance my ability to cover the ball at impact, so this is just the tops. I was a little disappointment that I didn't get much positive feedback from the club (like a normal looking 7 Iron trajectory). I thought to myself, I hope the 7x wasn't too extreme. Just tons of super hot knock down type shots. Nothing real real bad, but just nothing like a normal 7 iron. Actually, one ball that I pulled pretty bad, actually had a decent trajectory, but my straight balls were lower then normal. By the way, this club seems to go forever...
[/quote]

Hang in there:) You will get it. The ball will fly pretty darn normal with a really good strike. I try and hit the 7 pro and 7 x purely w/out taking a divot. That is shallow striking with good lean. Don't overdue the "down" piece. The "lean" is more important.

[quote name='JoeCool73' timestamp='1330345288' post='4386571']
I told you these were spectacular didnt I. Also thought Id change angles to DTL instead of FO.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaAx74nz3d8[/media]
[/quote]

That allows me to see more. We NEED To work on your set up and drill in some feels that get your weight left earlier. We'll fix your path and spine angle in one swoop! I'll post a vid for you this week.

I found one of these at Goodwill tonight for $1.99....pretty cool find! Can't wait to get to the range with it.

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

Hi Martin,

I just bought the Tour Striker 8 Iron and wanted to give you a shout. It's a really great product!

I am about a 10 hdcp so I wasn't sure which model to get. Was thinking about ordering the 7Iron Pro model but i'm impatient and saw the 8-iron at Dick's and just got that instead.

I generally take my divots in front of the ball and hit a draw, so I was interested to see what my results would be with your club. I was pleasantly surprised! After a few warm up swings with my own clubs, I was able to hit consistent high draws with the TS!

I've read a bit about the ability to "cheat" the club so I guess my question is, how do I know if I'm doing that or achieving a good position at impact? My general swing fault is my pivot stalls. That leads to me dropping the club under the plane on my downswing and then I have to roll the hands over pretty hard at impact to square the face.

Here's a video of me from earlier today using the Tour Striker 8-Iron. Sorry, the video was shot with an iPhone so it's not a true high-speed vid:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s74DpfLDBI4[/media]

I'd like to continue with this club, but am now curious about trying the 7-iron pro model?

Thanks again for the great product!

-Steve