2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Fairway Wood shaft

3puttingidiot

Fuji Tour Platform...Whaaaa???
OK,

Whats the difference between the two:

Tour Platform 26.3 and 27.3 - other than weight??? and its only 5 grams

I am reshafting my TEE and am looking at these.

I used to play a 904F with a YS6+ stiff. Great off the tee, but not off the deck.

Driver SS 95-100

THanks in advance!!

PS I can pick up the 26.3 today, but would have to order the 27.3

Thats why i am asking the question!! I have hit the VP 70 and it didnt work with my swing.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've pretty much got it, the weight is the difference.

The 27.3 (since it's heavier) plays marginally stiffer throughout thanks to thicker walls.

However, they're both very similar (and excellent) bend profile wise and will definatley solve your elevation problems.

Pick the one with the weight that suits your preference the best.

This is my wierd story...I used to use ultra lightweight graphite Firesole bubble shafts in SENIOR flex in my FWs...then for medical reasons, I couldn't play golf for nearly 2 years and upon my return my conditioning and timing was VERY off...and I couldn't control the light weight and whippy shafts as I used to...soooo

I got a set of TM R540xd 3/7 FWs with the regular flex shaft and found I had more control (if a bit less distance)...I like that same R5-55 in my R510-notTP-tour driver...

However, I'd kept getting outbid on the R540xd 5 wd but found a similar club, the R360xd, a Japanese market-only club with a slightly more neutral face (than the 540xd) that came with the TP/TR 27.3 shaft (wondering when we'd get to the point were you?!).

...in the 360 head the total weight with the 27.3 comes in at only 9gms heavier than the 55gm shaft in the 540 heads...AND the shaft, IN STIFF flex, feels very comfortable and lively...only slightly less distance than the stock regular flex shaft found in the 360 (being the ho I am, I went and got the OEM version just to compare), but is much more controlled and accurate.

I don't know how the 26.3 would compare, but the 27.3, cut down for the 5 wood length doesn't feel heavy at all...I imagine the 26.3 would feel lighter, and even more like the R5-55 shaft (also made by Fujikura).

Good luck with YOUR hoing and experimenting...

TM SLDR-430/10.5 @ 12°, OEM speeder 57R
08 Burner 3w/5w 49g M/sr flex
Cobra TWS Hybrids H3/H4 A-flex 60g
Cobra SS-i irons Penley Graphite Light-R
Cleve 588-49LowBounce,900-54LB,588-57LB
TM Spider 72M
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1061239-katbirds-bag-of-sticks/"]WITB Link[/url]

Would I notice 5-6 grams??

I know the old ys6+ in my 904 was nice. I think itsright around 70 or so.

So would 68 make a difference??

tough to tell. Some people are SO sensitive they could feel a mosquito land on their shaft and tell the difference in weight. Some people would be hard pressed to tell the difference between a 50g and 80g shaft without graphics.

Which one are you?

Personally, I'd go with the 70g model because I like a heavier weight in my fairway woods to keep me from getting quick and keep things accurate at the cost of a little distance.

Your mileage may vary however.

The 27.3 is a better shaft than the 26.3 which is prone to spraying. The specs are pretty close but the 27.3 is just more controllable for a smooth swing. That being said, I was even par going into 6, with my custom poonified 27.3 shafted thriver and then needing a few more yards on a long par 4, hooked one 97* to the left. The only other time I've ever hooked a ball that hard was when some old dude at the range insisted I try his magic stick, a offset King Cobra R flex something or another. ROFL!

In that class of softer tip, medium torque shafts, the Accra Tour is much better in performance and value. After that, I'd consider a tipped NVS75. The VP70 is pretty stout and has a medium firm tip....not surprising you didn't get along with it. If you want to hit high....a cheap Ebay'd Bimatrx Rocket would work too.

Dyno writes:

"The 27.3 is a better shaft than the 26.3 which is prone to spraying..."

Guess I don't have to ho a 26.3 and compare IT to the 27...thanx...

TM SLDR-430/10.5 @ 12°, OEM speeder 57R
08 Burner 3w/5w 49g M/sr flex
Cobra TWS Hybrids H3/H4 A-flex 60g
Cobra SS-i irons Penley Graphite Light-R
Cleve 588-49LowBounce,900-54LB,588-57LB
TM Spider 72M
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1061239-katbirds-bag-of-sticks/"]WITB Link[/url]

OK,

Since reading all these, I am leaning towards either the YS6+ or 7+ fairway. Will these play looser than what I am used to in the 904F due to the hosel length?

I was also looking at the ZCOM TW74, but that gets tough to get, and pricey.

If you follow the installation directions you'll be fine. TEE is a shallow bore, so I'd tip it the full 1.5"

Thanks TMFan!!

Here's what I decided.....I went and hit both the 27.3 and a YS7+ both in stiff in a cleveland launcher 15* head. The 27.3 felt better to me.

SO, we decided to put in the 27.3 and tip it a bit (dont know exact amount) to keep the tip firmer.

Will take it out on Sat!

THanks for the help!

PS How about a Astros-Twins World Series????

OK,

I used to play a 904F with a YS6+ stiff. Great off the tee, but not off the deck.

Driver SS 95-100

THanks in advance!!

Thats why i am asking the question!! I have hit the VP 70 and it didnt work with my swing.

You want the truth?

Where is Joey K?

Here is my take -

The 26.3 will have a softer tip and higher spin than the 27.3.

Ya know, I've heard a lot of crap about these shafts - but if your club guy would choose the right shaft for your swing and tip them appropriately, they're fine. I've seen very strong players with the 27.3 in Tity driver heads. Great consistent results for them. But maybe not for quick - clinch and grab hitters.

The VP70? That's old news - you might try the new E Series - the E360 or E370. A nice step up from the VP Series.

Driver Shaft - forget the TW74 - try an MW54 that is fit for you - mid kick, tip releases nicely. With that SS and a smooth tempo - forget the TW74 ----- and the TW64 is fine -- for a 3 wood.

good luck - but ask someone who can advise you and does this every day - Joey K.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

THanks for all the help. We'll see how this tipped 26.3 goes.

FWIW- the Titleist website mentions that the 27.3 has a softer tip than the 26.3

I know during this winter, I will email Joe Kwok and have him re-do all my graphite shafts: Driver, 4 wood and my hybrid (which now is a J33, but will be the new 585h in August, if it comes out!)

Here it is:

Tour Platform 26.3

The Tour Platform 26.3 is a lightweight shaft with a mid flex point, medium/stiff tip and medium butt. This is a very playable shaft that provides a good combination of feel and control. For players seeking medium/high launch and spin characteristics.

flex: R, S, X flex point: Mid launch: Medium/High

weight (g) 67 tip stiffness: Medium/Stiff spin: Medium/High

torque: 3.8° butt stiffness: Medium tempo: Slow/Medium

max length: 45.75 butt od: .600 ball speed Medium

Tour Platform 27.3

The Tour Platform 27.3 is a mid weight shaft with a mid flex point, medium tip and medium butt. This is a very playable shaft that provides a good combination of feel and control. Features very similar playability as the 26.3 with a slightly softer tip section for higher launch and spin. For players seeking medium/high launch and high spin characteristics.

flex: R,S,X flex point: Mid launch: Medium/High

weight (g) 71,72,73 tip stiffness: Medium spin: High

torque: 3.8° butt stiffness: Medium tempo: Slow/Medium

max length: 45.75 butt od: .600 ball speed Medium

Actually, if you look at the specs on the Fuji website and compare the 26.3 with the 27.3, you will find that the 27.3 has the slightly stiffer tip and slightly stiffer butt over the 26.3 - whose tip and butt is softer compared to the 27.3

You will also find that the 26.3 is described as mid spin whereas the 27.3 is described as low spin per www.fujikuragolf.com.

So I think the information you received is incorrect.

• Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

OK,

Driver SS 95-100

THanks in advance!!

You want the truth?

Where is Joey K?

Here is my take -

Ya know, I've heard a lot of crap about these shafts - but if your club guy would choose the right shaft for your swing and tip them appropriately, they're fine. I've seen very strong players with the 27.3 in Tity driver heads. Great consistent results for them. But maybe not for quick - clinch and grab hitters.

The VP70? That's old news - you might try the new E Series - the E360 or E370. A nice step up from the VP Series.

Driver Shaft - forget the TW74 - try an MW54 that is fit for you - mid kick, tip releases nicely. With that SS and a smooth tempo - forget the TW74 ----- and the TW64 is fine -- for a 3 wood.

good luck - but ask someone who can advise you and does this every day - Joey K.

Interesting. How many have you installed and how much have you hit both the 26.3 and 27.3 in comparison to other shafts?

OK,

Driver SS 95-100

THanks in advance!!

You want the truth?

Where is Joey K?

Here is my take -

Interesting. How many have you installed and how much have you hit both the 26.3 and 27.3 in comparison to other shafts?

Interesting .. ..

Instead of being a smart-aleck, why don't you give the poster your professional opinion?

We are here to share opinions.

I've shown mine, where are yours?

Or maybe you don't like to share - then get off the forum if this is the best you can do.

Help the guy if you are so good.

Oh, I almost forgot the magic word....

PLEASE.

gheez -

• Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Interesting .. ..

Instead of being a smart-aleck, why don't you give the poster your professional opinion?

Or maybe you don't like to share - then get off the forum if this is the best you can do.

PLEASE.

gheez -

I think he did in post #6, the best post in this thread IMHO. :cheesy:

The guy does this for a living, I suggest you read some of his previous posts, I'd trust his reccomendation over anyone's . . .

Thanks TMFan!!

Here's what I decided.....I went and hit both the 27.3 and a YS7+ both in stiff in a cleveland launcher 15* head. The 27.3 felt better to me.

SO, we decided to put in the 27.3 and tip it a bit (dont know exact amount) to keep the tip firmer.

Will take it out on Sat!

THanks for the help!

PS How about a Astros-Twins World Series????

Interesting .. ..

PLEASE.

gheez -

I think he did in post #6, the best post in this thread IMHO. :cheesy:

The guy does this for a living, I suggest you read some of his previous posts, I'd trust his reccomendation over anyone's . . .

That's nice, I don't see where he disagreed with me. And I really don't give a crap whose recommendation you prefer, this is a forum for opinions. I gave mine. It was a bit more technical than "I hooked one to the left 97" so it must be the shaft's fault. I did say, didn't I? that these shafts might not be the best for quick guys OR a once in a lifetime quick swing? Hey, guess what happens to quick bad swings, they go left sometimes. Oh, yeah, it's the shaft's fault! Sounds like a poor fit to me - oh yeah, but he is a clubmaker.

Then he ought to know the characteristics of the shaft freakin' better and if he steps on it, it will go left.

gheez -

I've seen the 27.3 in the hands of good players and guess what, bad swings produce poor results.

gheez.

I analyze technical data, conversations with clubmakers, conversations and reviews with other players, and personal experience with the shafts to give my opinion and I get this CRAP in return.

Screw it. And that's a technical term.

I get a clubmaker who is a smart aleck and then you giving me crap.

Cram it and smoke it.

• Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Interesting .. ..

PLEASE.

gheez -

Hey I was just askin'. Because you dismissed the less positive opinions but I was wondering what your opinion was based on. It seemed so authoritative yet no personal results were posted.

And I never said I was good......

BTW, TMF just owned you - hard. :cheesy:

Wow. You really take yourself seriously. This is too funny.

And it was a very good swing. I had center cut the previous 5 fairways, flying each over 250 in the rain so the groove was on. Nice try though. You don't have any actual experience with it, do you? You did see someone hit it though. Cool. :cheesy:

Nah, I'm on my 4th glass of wine. I'm the one that's laughing at your half a** analysis.

Call Chip Usher. He'll tell you I've purchased about 6 shafts of the 27.3 over last couple of years. I've tried the 26.3 in demos.

Ya know, once in a while, I think I've made a good swing and ya know what happens?

My instructor is back there nodding - No.

So what tour are you on that you know every swing is perfecto?

And who are you to gas my opinion?

I don't really have a problem with your opinion of the shaft - other than you shouldn't be stepping on a shaft that shouldn't be stepped on- but if you're a clubmaker, you should know what fits you.

Evidently - NOT.

You know, the difference between a good clubmaker and a hack clubmaker is that he/she can talk about a shaft and say what type of player it will fit and what type of player characteristics it won't fit.

Any idiot can say, this shaft sucks - it take a real professional to say this is a good shaft and it fits this type of player.

So instead of being a smart aleck and looking foolish doing it - why don't you offer the poster a professional opinion of the shaft and who it fits or won't fit.

You might gain respect and some business in that way.

Or maybe you're not a real professional.

You decide.

• Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Wow. You really take yourself seriously. This is too funny.

And it was a very good swing. I had center cut the previous 5 fairways, flying each over 250 in the rain so the groove was on. Nice try though. You don't have any actual experience with it, do you? You did see someone hit it though. Cool. :cheesy:

Nah, I'm on my 4th glass of wine. I'm the one that's laughing at your half a** analysis.

Call Chip Usher. He'll tell you I've purchased about 6 shafts of the 27.3 over last couple of years. I've tried the 26.3 in demos.

Ya know, once in a while, I think I've made a good swing and ya know what happens?

My instructor is back there nodding - No.

So what tour are you on that you know every swing is perfecto?

And who are you to gas my opinion?

I don't really have a problem with your opinion of the shaft - other than you shouldn't be stepping on a shaft that shouldn't be stepped on- but if you're a clubmaker, you should know what fits you.

Evidently - NOT.

Interesting....so you think I was playing my gamer? You make alot of assumptions. Fitting is not an issue.

And you do take yourself very very seriously. It's good entertainment though. :) :smilie_cally: