Funniest/Stupidest case of Cheating you've heard/seen...

RJC59

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a story I heard a while ago:

A guy was playing a local NCGA event several years ago, not sure how many though. It was at Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach. It was a foggy morning and was some sort of Am Championship. Fog was REALLY thick.

The second hole is a par 3 over a ravine, as you will know if you play EA Tiger Wood Golf or are a serioous fan of the AT&T Pebble Open. Anyway, it is so foggy these guys can't see the flag, and can barely make out the green.

They all tee off, and walk over to find their balls. One guy can't find his, they look, and look, and can't find it. Finally he comes across his ball. Not being able to see the green, I don't know that any of them actually hit it. So they chip on.......when they pull the flag to putt out, there is a ball in the hole. The one guy had aced it!!! He hadn't 'found' his ball, he had dropped, and was now caught read handed.

Instead of carding an ace, he is DQ'd and banned from amature golf competition for a year.....maybe more.

Nike Covert Tour 2.0 - Velox
Nike T60 3w & 5w - Aldila NV
Nike Covert 2.0 or CPR 3 HY
Nike NDS/Pro Combo Split Set
Nike VR 52* & 56*
Nike T130

Several years ago, we were playing in a Pro Am tournament at a local country club. The clubhouse is elevated to the point that the men's grill overlooks the 18th hole a par 5 with water down the left side. A small grove of trees is also on the left side somewhat guarding the water.

A group of us had finished the tournament and were waiting for another foursome from our club. We were watching the 18th waiting for them to finish. A ball came bounding down the fairway and took a bounce into the water. As we were watching, a member of our club who was in the final group drove up in a cart. He looked around and slyly dropped another ball. Remember that there were at least 12 of us watching from the grill room. He then continued on to play out the hole. When he arrived in the grill room our head professional ask him what he had made on 18. Without batting an eye he said "I made a tough par". We told him what we had seen and he denied it completely. He never went with us again.

In case I haven't mentioned this fact, he was a "man of the cloth" from a local church. :idhitit:

Similar to 731.

In our golf society word had got round regarding the scoring of one of our newer members, when the subject was raised to other members there were a few people who said they'd played with him during the year and felt uncomfortable signing his card and they were sceptical at some of the scores he was putting down, as none of them had questioned him on the course and he had not won any prize money he had gone unpunished because of the simple lack of evidence. At one of our society days we had the opportunity to view first hand his inability to add up, a group of us were sat on the balcony overlooking the green and teeing area of the par 3 18th when this fella tee'd off, his first landed well short into a tree line, he walked up and chipped out of the trees some 20 yards further up, he wedged into a greenside bunker, out of the bunker to about 30 feet and then took 2 putts to finish the hole, we all agreed that it was a certain 6, he then signed his card and handed it in to the comp sec (me), he'd told his marker he'd took 4 and we asked the marker what his view was and he replied that he'd been doing it all day and was probably 20 shots worse than his signed for score. At the prize presentation his score had come second but when the winners we announced his name was missed off and when he raised the issue in wonderment he was told that he was disqualified for signing for an incorrect score and that if he wanted to query the dq he could answer the committee the following week as we had 6 people who had seen his last hole and were willing to appear to give evidence. Needless to say he didn't turn up to the meeting, unfortunately the member who had brought him to join the society was so ashamed of his friend that he never played again will us.

Years ago I was cadding for my uncle in a local city tournment. He was in the final group likely to win, his father was also walking along watching. The "other" player hits a hook into tall grass, my uncle goes over to help, I start looking for uncle's ball that he sliced into long rough. I couldn't believe it his father walked near me and dropped a ball in perfect position. The father was carring several identical golf balls that my uncle was playing. I looked at him and asked, however being just 13yrs what do you do? My uncle had no clue that his father was cheating for him. After that hole I made sure others were watching so he didn't have a chance to do it again. Only satisfaction I got was my uncle won the hole but lost the tourney.

• 2 years later...

Playing in a charity event. 2 flag events every hole. Hole #14 440 yard par 4....1st flag event, shortest drive. 2nd flag event, closest to pin in 2. Same guy won both events...

HMMMMM????

WITB:

TaylorMade M6 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Red 6 stiff
TaylorMade SIM Rocket
TaylorMade SIM 5 wood
TaylorMade 2019 P790 4-P  KBS Tour 120 stiff SS1X
TaylorMade MG2 48* KBS Tour 120 stiff-MG2 54* and 58* KBS Hi-REV 2.0
PXG Gen2 Operator 38 inches
PING Heppler ZB3

• 1 month later...

I just think its hilarious how I just thought everyone in Waterloo Region in junior golf knew about the Bamberger cheating incident....but I guess the knowledge is North America wide....haha. Funny when I've played in a few tourneys with him and have some mutual friends to see him discussed here...thats what you get for cheating.

Titleist 913D3 7.5* w/ D+ 72 X Titleist 913fd 13.5* w/ D+ 82X Titleist 913hd 20* w/ D+ 102X 4-PW Titleist 712 MB X100 50, 56, 60 Wedgeworks California Chrome Select Newport 2 35"

i was in the school tryouts last week and the kid i got paired with hit a shot off the 2nd tee out of bounds left. but, we didn't know it was out of bounds over there, so he didn't take a provisional. when we found out it was o.b., the kid just goes up about 75 yards to where my drive was and dropped a ball and finished the hole. on the green he told me that he saved par. i told the coach and he was immediately taken off the course. the funny thing is that, even if his drive was where he dropped it, he still doubled the hole, not par.

Very good friend of mine used to cheat all the time. He still does occasionally but I remember a time we were playing a $ hole and we step into our 9th straight carryover. He hits a massive slice which we all see a very clear and distinctive splash, along with KERPLUNK! sound. He walks down the fairway ahead of us and walks up to the bank of the water and we see him drop a ball from his pocket. If thats not bad enough, we always tell what kind of ball were using and show it off, he says titleist dt solo 4, and it turned to an Nxt 3!

Saw a guy at alocal tournament kick a competitor's ball into the water (the hole goes way down hill and requires mirror to see the very bottom of hill where water is). It rolled right up to him and he takes a look around and kicks it on into the drink!

The next story is one that I feel particularly terrible about. I was playing in a junior tournament at my home course my freshman year. So this kid in my group is playing a decent round and he steps up to the 9th tee, infamous for people hitting left into the street out of bounds. He hits one that looks like it just might be out but could be safe. He hits his provisional shot INTO THE HOLE! he jumps up and down and runs to the hole to pck up his par. However, I notice a ball, sitting on the very edge of the curb, Literally a defiance of gravity that it stayed up, and inform him of this. He is devastated and has t play the shot. He ends up blading across the green and 3 putting for a 6. I get to the club house to sign the card and he's given himself a 1!!! I was ilke dude, no way in hell. I wouldn't sign it and he tried striking a deal with me and a fellow group member to shave some strokes off and I turned his a** in. I was laughing but felt bad about the circumstances.

Okay I got a good one, I have tons but too long for too many.

This kid in a cjga event last year declared a divot ground under repair, and and then finished third for the tourament, the was many holes where a bunkder(perfeclty fine) turned into ground under repair. I was in the group behind, there were many hold ups so I was able to find all this out.

I think that 30 percent at least , AT LEAST juniors in touraments are knowingly cheaters. It just pisses me off who I am honest and then they tell me I cheat.

Playing in a semi-final round of the match play championship at my local course, I'm going against a known felon of the game. Things are going my way- 2 up through 4, when we get to a par 5, runs along a par four coming back. One huge tree on the left about 60 yards from the tee- he rips driver right into the tree and the ball dissapears. We look for a good 5 minutes in the knee high grass surrounding the tree, when he drives out in the other fairway and proclaims to have found HIS ball. He is grabbing a club prepping for the shot when I get there. I glance at the ball and see the label of our local high school golf team and ask him if it truly is his ball. Yep, musta found one and am playing it. About 5 seconds before he hits it, I see the group coming up the fairway, and its the local high school team practicing. I ask the guy to hold on, call over one of the boys (whom is a son of a good friend) and ask him what he's playing. ProV1- red dot above the number- with school label. MY-MY that surely looks like your ball- yep right where I drove it.....

my competitor doesn't miss a beat, I'm sure yours is somewhere close by, we'll take a look he says. He drives back 40 yards and begins to search the grass for the kids ball.... at this point I flat told him, this one is not yours- and told the kid to hit away. Went back to the guy and said you have 2 options, drop and play your third, or head for the house and tell them you lost the match. He drops, loses the hole (our 5th) and I beat him for the match on the 6th. I went on to win the match play championship, my first and only so far.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't play on the highschool golf team because it conflicted with basketball, but a few of my friends were on the team. By the end of the basketball season, I could usually go out and follow behind the last group and kind of chill with my friends on the tee boxes when the course would get backed up. So, I am on number 4 fairway with number 5 fairway running along side of it in the opposite direction. One of the guys from my highschool were in the fairway and I see him look around to make sure no one is looking. He then kicks his ball about 30 yards up the fairway, but behind a tree that is right along side of a dogleg left. So, he gets up to it, looks around and then kicks his ball again. But this time, he kicked the ball straight into a creek. Usually the creek is mostly dried up, but it had rained that morning pretty heavily, so water was running through fairly quickly. So, his ball winds up getting wedged between two rocks. As he's reaching down to get his ball out, he slips and falls in. His ball gets knocked loose and downstream it goes. Later in the season he got caught cheating again and was kicked off the team.

got a good one, out in bracebridge a few years back for a junior event and on the 1st hole which was the ninth, topped his tee shot into a hazard, reteed and hit it down the middle so hes hitting 4, chunks it 10 feet, puts the 5th on the green and 3 putts for an 8 and when i asked him what he made he told me "i had a 4 there".....shocked, i turn to him and i say werent you 8? and he says "no...wait...i was a 5..sorry" so i say again, werent you an 8? and he explained how he hit the fairway on his first, put it on the green and 3 whacked for a 5 so i sat there along with the other competitor and explained his 8 that happened 5 mins prior and he then proceeded to call it a 7!

Ok, I dont know how to classify this -- them cheating, me cheating for allowing it, i dunno.

In highschool I went to a uppermiddle class public school and we had a good golf team, which I was the captain. We were playing West Side highschool, an inner city school from Newark NJ(they beat us in every sport except golf and tennis, lol). For them it wasnt about coming to beat us (I think), but coming out, being on a team, trying their best, learning a valuable game, etc. So we go out, and their 1 and 2 guys were having a rough time, making 8-10's. After 2-3 holes one guy just gets fed up, and starts kicking his pink ball down the fairway. I looked at my teamate and had no idea what to do, do we call him and say rules are rules, do we let it go and risk our coach finding out that we didnt call an opponent (he was big on that). We just started laughing to each other, luckily on the other side of the fairway from the guy.

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing in my Pennants team last week (inter club matchplay) and my opponent has an interesting way of marking his ball on the green.

He would walk up to it, brush it away and then place his marker down. He would then replace the ball an inch or two in front of his marker.

He would do this on every putt. I didn't call him on it till the 9th when he finally beat me on a hole, I figured why waste the the opportunity for a free hole.

Anyway I won 5 & 4. Why do people think an extra 2-3 inches will help them sink a 5-30 footer? I just don't get it.

Playing in a charity event. 2 flag events every hole. Hole #14 440 yard par 4....1st flag event, shortest drive. 2nd flag event, closest to pin in 2. Same guy won both events...

HMMMMM????

ive done that. 376 yard par 4 into wind... topped my drive to leave me around 250-260 in. hit a great 4 wood to tap-in birdie range.

Those are pretty good, especially the one with the hole-in-one, I`ve got my own to add. I was playing in a high school event at Blueberry pines in Menaga MN. Suddenly, I hear an outcry of laughter from the next fairway. I was waiting anyway, so I decided to go look. what had happened was my teammate had hit a drive that was slicing into the next state when he absolutely destroyed a sparrow in mid air. When I arrived on the scene there was a ball nestled just short of the woods and the severed head of a sparrow sitting in the fairway. I Latter found out that my friend got, yup, you guessed it, BIRDIE.

On the same day, another one of my teammates hit a hook of the first of the dreaded "Death Valley" holes. His ball carried across a water trap that extends throughout the lenght of that par 3. Rather than take a penalty for a lost ball, or walk around, Ben decided to jump the trap, (which is about 6 feet deep and so full of muck is looks to be about a foot) He landed his 7 foot jump, hit his ball on the green and was about to jump back when the bank he was standing on collapsed sending him, and his 5 iron, into the trap. upon surfacing, he had lost both his club and his left golf shoe, he played the rest of the day barefoot and shot a 79, not bad for being covered in muck, embarassed, demoralized, and barefoot. (He got par on that hole)

I just realized this does not actually fit the post but it is funny anyway.

today was playing a local sbplga tourney. an older guy, about 63 yrs of age would speed up in his cart to several greens. I know for a fact on few of these holes, he was not on the green. on holes where he was on the green, he has 20+ foot putt. anyhow, everytime I reached the green he said he was already in the hole. I wasn't watching the guy ALL the time but this guy must think I'm blind. Could it be possible he had multiple long chip in's and putts today? I say NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Father in law... Always hits a huge slice. Almost every hole he slices so bad the ball could never be found, so he tees up another, same result, after he eventually gets a ball in a "semi findable location" we leave the tee box. He plays that last ball, if its actually found, and after holing out typically 2 to 3/4 over par, he declares bogey. Of course it should be at least a 10. At the end of the round we look at the score card and he is always amazed that he is only a few strokes off my score. He knows I practice 3-5 times per week and take tons of lessons and says rather smugly, "I guess all of your practice doesn't really help your scores after all."